July 2012 Car Rentals

18 Days and still not dropping. I keep checking Alamo multible times a day at all hours waiting. My dates are 7/14 thru 7/23. Currently have 2 ressies. A mid size for 352 and a standard for 358. My standard is using the Vroom Vroom code and I am nervous about using this. Do they require some proof of some documentation in order to use this?? I will cancel one or both depending on what is ahead. What is the latest you can cancel with no fee for Alamo?

Check your rates this morning. We leave today and I was rechecking mine. I got a crazy deal for a full size car of $129 for 12 days, I doubt it could get any lower, but you never know.

Your dates are definitely lower, I saw $273 for a full size Impala(used the Costco codes). Good luck!

A little note of warning - our dates are July 10-18. We wanted a minivan since there are 5 adults and at least 5 suitcases and carry ons. I have been waiting for the prices to get below the $415 that I am seeing as my lowest price. Went to check last night, and alas! No minivans.

I am just kicking myself. Hoping that a mid sized SUV will work...

Edited to say:

Actually they have a full sized SUV for $415, so I jumped on that. It will probably be fine for size. Just really irritating about the prices though. Last year we had minivan for a day longer and at least $30 cheaper.

Dollar & Thrifty had some good rates on fullsize cars this morning for our travel period, which is July 14 - 21 (rental is going to be 8 days because our return flight is not until evening).
Anyway, they gave me 1 week @ $133.12 + 1 extra day at $18.69.
With all the lovely mandatory extras, my grand total rental is $218.40.
I found this by clicking on the "search for Orlando specials" (or whatever the button says exactly, you get the idea), once I was at the rate page.
My confirmation shows a rate code of RWXW8.
(I did this through the Dollar page, but I assume Thrifty has similar.)

Check your rates this morning. We leave today and I was rechecking mine. I got a crazy deal for a full size car of $129 for 12 days, I doubt it could get any lower, but you never know.

Your dates are definitely lower, I saw $273 for a full size Impala(used the Costco codes). Good luck!

I do not have Costco. I have BJ's, visa and vroom. But no difference I tried this morning before work too.

Just a note I used the Costco website for car rentals and did not come up with the rate you show for 9 days for an impala it was $456.00. I must be doing something wrong.

...Someone (probably not Alamo) might come up with something like a $179/week special...
Well, I've been wrong about a lot of things with car rentals, as usual, but this little statement turned out to be true.

I received an email from Budget last night with a $179/week intermediate SUV. My car deal with Alamo is still significantly better than the SUV, so I'll stick with that, but this might help some of you looking for the SUV.

To use this, specify a BCD of U102800. This is not a coupon and came in an email directly from Budget, so its definitely public and will require no documentation. I imagine you can also apply a coupon. Not sure of the date range on this, but hopefully it'll help some of you with SUVs.

My travel dates are July 3 to 11 and when I use this to search for cars (on costco travel), I get a quote (on average) for $250 to $300.... I arrive in the evening of the 3rd, and when I change the rental dates to July 4 (12am) to July 11, I get a quote of $130, which means a few hours worth will cost me $120...

Due to this, I booked a hotel near the airport and was planning on just using their shuttle to get to the hotel at night and then use the shuttle again the next morning to pick up the car...

Do you think Budget (where I got the low price) would allow me to get the car earlier (on the 3rd) at a low price (that I booked it on) for a minimal fee? or will they charge me the more expensive package price?

I received an email from Budget last night with a $179/week intermediate SUV. My car deal with Alamo is still significantly better than the SUV, so I'll stick with that, but this might help some of you looking for the SUV.

To use this, specify a BCD of U102800. This is not a coupon and came in an email directly from Budget, so its definitely public and will require no documentation. I imagine you can also apply a coupon. Not sure of the date range on this, but hopefully it'll help some of you with SUVs.

We are going July 26th. This code did not work for me. It is giving me a rate of $800 for an intermediate SUV.

I still have an excellent rate with National with the KLM code.

The August car rental thread has a post on how to use Kayak code and get a full size for $101 a week. It involves picking up at Shades of Green and dropping off at MCO, but the OP said you can call CCC and pick up there. Hope this helps someone. I was able to get a full size for $229 for 13 days.

Picking up our car 2 weeks from today from Alamo. Yet the rates still not moving. What gives???:confused3

I am about in tears.... anyone ever get a good rate for ECP Panama City Beach Airport.... I can't find anythign cheaper than 50-60 a day... We have always got a great rate in Orlando... but this time stinks.

I am about in tears.... anyone ever get a good rate for ECP Panama City Beach Airport.... I can't find anythign cheaper than 50-60 a day... We have always got a great rate in Orlando... but this time stinks.

The airport is very small and the car rental companies have quite a small inventory at Panama City airport. It might be hard to get a deal on a rental car because of the location.

I just got a mini van for two weeks 17 - 21 Jul for $450 before taxes ($225 a week) with Budget. Used BCD Code X474200. This is the best I have been able to get so far. Anything else I have seen is over $800 for the same time period for any vehile that will hold 5 people.

Still hoping for a better rate but booked this just in case. I'll cancel if the rate lowers or I find something better with another company.

This is still the best deal I have found so far......

After all is said and done....I finished yesterday with a Full size with Alamo from July 2nd-9th, $153.15 after taxes and fees!!:banana::banana: Very excited!!! I have been watching prices and using codes and coupons! That is with the Disney Annual pass discount. The fares seem to change hourly some days!:confused3:confused3 Anyway, good luck to everyone trying to get a deal, and have a great trip!

This has been bothering me right along. How is it you have clubs listing 25% discount but when you try to book it is more like 10% if you are lucky. Anyone else notice this?

Still trying to improve my reservation for the 14th of this month. Why is it not coming down???:confused3

This has been bothering me right along. How is it you have clubs listing 25% discount but when you try to book it is more like 10% if you are lucky. Anyone else notice this?

Still trying to improve my reservation for the 14th of this month. Why is it not coming down???:confused3

usually the fine print says "Up to 25% off." Which means that depending on your dates, the car size, the amount of days, and the location you'll get some random discount which will never be more than 25%.

still best deal so far for compact car is through budget for 237 after taxes and fees for 8 days...good but not great

My alamo car has gone down 10 and then 5 bucks in the last week so 286 after taxes and fees

still watching for better deals really hoping for 175 or less

Dollar & Thrifty had some good rates on fullsize cars this morning for our travel period, which is July 14 - 21 (rental is going to be 8 days because our return flight is not until evening).
Anyway, they gave me 1 week @ $133.12 + 1 extra day at $18.69.
With all the lovely mandatory extras, my grand total rental is $218.40.
I found this by clicking on the "search for Orlando specials" (or whatever the button says exactly, you get the idea), once I was at the rate page.
My confirmation shows a rate code of RWXW8.
(I did this through the Dollar page, but I assume Thrifty has similar.)

And this evening I plugged in the same data and came up with $177.88 after taxes (which I reserved). So things are looking even better!

We are going July 26th. This code did not work for me. It is giving me a rate of $800 for an intermediate SUV.

I still have an excellent rate with National with the KLM code.

SAme here. I clicked on the deal terms and conditions....must be picked up by July 15. Great deal for those of you with a start date in the first 1/2 of the month.

got a great rate with dollar...148.39 for mid size with taxes and fees for July 11-18

I've never rented from them before but that's a smokin' deal :thumbsup2

no code needed...did regular reservation and then clicked on city deals banner that came up to get that rate :thumbsup2

got a great rate with dollar...148.39 for mid size with taxes and fees for July 11-18

I've never rented from them before but that's a smokin' deal :thumbsup2

no code needed...did regular reservation and then clicked on city deals banner that came up to get that rate :thumbsup2

I'm getting 307 from dollar for a economy. :confused3

I'm going with a rate I got from carrentalsavers National I am picking up at Tampa and droppiing off at fort meyers July 14 to july 20. 1 week rental because of my times. total 205.51 promo code 10024487

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter