July 2012 Car Rentals

OMG!!! I would have thought the rates at Alamo would have dropped back down by now!!! :eek: Although I have my rental reserved, I am still worried about the rest of you traveling in July and still looking for a good rate. I am watching as often as I can for you. I have no idea what is going on. Gas prices have dropped so I would have thought rentals rates would drop too...oh dear, this is NOT looking good!!! :sad2: :sick:

Sooo glad I have my reservations, even though they are for a standard size car, $158 sounds good to me! Still holding on hope though for a full size car... but if it doesn't happen, oh well :rolleyes1

Sooo glad I have my reservations, even though they are for a standard size car, $158 sounds good to me! Still holding on hope though for a full size car... but if it doesn't happen, oh well :rolleyes1

I think you should have grabbed the $173 deal for the full-size at Enterprise. But I think the $158 standard (Ford Fusion) is a good deal too. I haven't seen the prices drop lower than that week we booked our deal. But I do plan to check up until the very last minute. And I mean that literally. We have to be at the airport at 4am on 7/18...I will put my laptop away at 3am right after I check for a last minute deal...if it comes in under $139 then I will definitely book it. :laughing:

OMG!!! I would have thought the rates at Alamo would have dropped back down by now!!! :eek: Although I have my rental reserved, I am still worried about the rest of you traveling in July and still looking for a good rate. I am watching as often as I can for you. I have no idea what is going on. Gas prices have dropped so I would have thought rentals rates would drop too...oh dear, this is NOT looking good!!! :sad2: :sick:

I know!! I'm more than worry at this point:headache:

I think you should have grabbed the $173 deal for the full-size at Enterprise. But I think the $158 standard (Ford Fusion) is a good deal too. I haven't seen the prices drop lower than that week we booked our deal. But I do plan to check up until the very last minute. And I mean that literally. We have to be at the airport at 4am on 7/18...I will put my laptop away at 3am right after I check for a last minute deal...if it comes in under $139 then I will definitely book it. :laughing:

I know I should have jumped on the full size at $173... but I really was/still hoping for Alamo to drop. I'm not giving up, I will keep checking till the end too!

Do you always have to put your cc info when booking with Budget? I don't want to commit to the price and I never have to put my cc info in for Alamo or Dollar when booking, but have never used Budget? Is this just a hold, in case I cancel?

Oh well, booked for the cheapest I could find so far...Budget...15 days...minivan...out of MCO for $645 all in...used the 474200 and the MUGZ029 coupon

Anyone having luck getting some good price drops? I found that Alamo had dropped since I last checked. I found $304 for a standard for July 22 through August 2 at SFB using the 299851 Vroom code and AU4234FDA (double upgrade). Hope this helps!

I'm still hoping for lower, but am going to be somewhat satisfied with this.

Wed100105: Can you tell me about the Vroom code? I used your code combo for my ressie in October and got my choice to $195... although I'm not sure what "proof" I will need - or if I'm eligible for the discount. Any info would be much appreciated.

Thanks!!

Wed100105: Can you tell me about the Vroom code? I used your code combo for my ressie in October and got my choice to $195... although I'm not sure what "proof" I will need - or if I'm eligible for the discount. Any info would be much appreciated.

Thanks!!

I found it on anotherbAlamo thread. I think it was just a promotional Coe. Sorry I can't help more.

I'm a 1st time renter working hard on my July quote and boy has it been exhausting! :sad: Our rental is for a mid-size SUV for 9 days in Wyoming. Finally, the coupons fit our dates and our price has gone down. My National rental went from $947 yesterday to $529 today, but I still hope to do better.

I have two questions for all the rental experts. :goodvibes
1) To check for better rates over the next couple of weeks, do I just keep using the same codes and hope to see a price change or do different codes come out?
2) We really need a mid-size SUV because of the type of trip we are taking, but my aunt (who can be a black cloud) said not to count on them having what we reserved upon arrival. She said most likely we will end up with some tiny car. Is this really to be expected? If so, can we insist that they find us a larger car? What's the best way to handle a situation like that?

Thanks DIS'ers and good luck on continued better rates!!!!

I'm a 1st time renter working hard on my July quote and boy has it been exhausting! :sad: Our rental is for a mid-size SUV for 9 days in Wyoming. Finally, the coupons fit our dates and our price has gone down. My National rental went from $947 yesterday to $529 today, but I still hope to do better.
Where did you find those coupons? Sorry to ask but I'll be there in 23 days and still couldn't find a reasonable rate :sad2:

Where did you find those coupons? Sorry to ask but I'll be there in 23 days and still couldn't find a reasonable rate :sad2:

Wow checking Alamo to see if it has gone down yet for my dates 7/14 thru 7/23. Nope in fact they went way up. :eek:

Come on need for them to drop not go up. Something is stinking in car rental land.

I found them either on carrentalsavers.com or mousesavers.com (through their link to rental cars). I tried many different combinations of codes, most of which didn't work in Wyoming, so I'm not exactly sure which one gave me the best deal. I hope that you can find something that works for you. :)

I found them either on carrentalsavers.com or mousesavers.com (through their link to rental cars). I tried many different combinations of codes, most of which didn't work in Wyoming, so I'm not exactly sure which one gave me the best deal. I hope that you can find something that works for you. :)

Thanks. I thought the one from mousesavers was only for Orlando. We'll be flying to Tampa.

Wow! The prices went down about a week ago and now they went up. We are looking to rent full size/intermediate SUV July 3rd to the 16th. Prices are about $100 more. I have an SUV reserved for $342 and now it is $430 and up plus mileage is not unlimited. We are driving from Chicago so that would add up quickly! This was through Costco Travel. I also have a SUV reserved with Enterprise but that is $670.

I'll just keep watching....

Still sitting on my two $125 midsize rentals for July 21-28. Not sure how I got them but the current rates are way higher! Guess I got lucky!

rates are terrible...looking for a compact or economy rental for 7 days (July 11-18) and the best I can find is budget for 237 using codes BCD X474200 and Coupon # MUGZ029

or Alamo for 301.11 with alumni code 216676 and coupon AD2359FDF

UGGG that's a bit pricy...I was hoping for 150 or less after taxes.

Just have to keep searching...:surfweb:

rates are still high...Hotwire has the best rates I can find. I have never used Hotwire before. Thoughts?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter