• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

July 2011:Calling all planners-Post your dates & Resort

On our way home, we used electronic boarding passes. It was SO cool. We fly Delta, we both have smartphones. Delta has a (free) app that allows you to check in and get a boarding pass on your phone. We got directed to a scanner at TSA check-in, where we scanned the QR code on our phones, which were compared to our ID. Then, at boarding, we just held our phones and the QR code over another scanner and got on the plane.

Now. We spent HALF the time, freaking out about where our boarding passes were, while playing on our phones... but we also got up at 4:15am to catch our flight! It was pretty sweet to not have that paperwork and just do it on our phones.

I'm not sure that I'd ever fully switch to electronic boarding passes, but it sure is handy for the return trip. We checked in, while waiting for Toy Story Mania, and then went about our day from there. At the airport, there was a baggage drop line, and off we went. Easy-peasy on a return trip with no home printer! ;)

Midori and Bob here - we missed connecting with you while at CBR at the same time.

Only a few hours until I am done with work.:cool1:

[I am actually fretting about this at the moment. I was told that our hotel front desk would do it for us the day before we leave, but we would have to wait around until 9:40 on Tuesday for them to do so. I really don't want to spend my last day waiting around to ck in online (we will not a computer with us, nor do we have internet on a phone) I'm considering paying for the early bird ck in? :confused3

I ALWAYS stress about this . I worry i will be stuck not sitting with DH.

See, we don't have kids so we like A so that we can get on before the families. I forgot about being able to check in earlier on Southwest so, going to Orlando, both of us got some bad seats. However, coming home (and since Disney does it), we got A's for both legs of our trip.

Before we had kids too I use to stress that I wouldn't be able to sit with Dh. I remember the family boarding was always first which really bugged me:rotfl: And when I finally had kids they changed it to after the A boarders :confused3
For our return flight home I did the Earlybird check in. Our flight is at 2:30 and I didn't want to worry about it while on vacation.

Hi all Just wanted to let you know we just got back last night (around midnight) and we had a fantastic time. I'm still a little sleep deprived from all of the early mornings, but they were so worth it! Highlights include the Wishes Dessert Party (my personal fav), CRT breakfast, 'Ohana (it's gotten a bad rap lately, just here to say that it was our favorite meal of the trip!), being 3rd in line for Rapunzel (oh yeah!), HDDR, and the 10:30 showing of Fantasmic! If you can keep yourself awake, I highly recommend the later show. We sat in the 5th row. There was an entire section of the stadium (the far left?...opposite of the dining package seating, that was completely empty.) People were still walking in at 10:25 and finding a seat no problem. So worth the late bedtime!!! Chef Mickey's yesterday was great too. Food was just avg., but the character interaction was awesome. We had a 10:40 res. and I'm convinced the late breakfast at the end of the shift is the way to go. So relaxing and not rushed at all. We did the same thing at CRT...we had a 10:30 res. and we got to spend a lot of time with each princess. Stayed at the GF. Ah, what can I say, we were spoiled! It was breathtaking! It will be hard to stay somewhere else!! So many wonderful memories. And the best part...I think I have the husband convinced that we have to go back next year. Yippee!!!

:welcome: back Hope you can book another vacation real soon:wizard:

We are confirmed for July 14th - 22nd 2012 - We are going through WDW withdraws right now !!:crazy:

July 9th - 16th 2011 Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2760113

:woohoo:

Glad to see everyone is doing amazing ... albeit ... some withdrawals :(

Me? Well I am too worried/stressing over a class I have. The professor is a very nice lady, however, the final project seems more fitting for a senior level class than a sophomore level class! And the quick pace that we have to do does nothing for my sanity.
Don't get me wrong, I'm used to weekly papers! Afterall, this (and one other) class is my last class EVER before I get my bachelors ... which is why I'm so concerned with this class. I need to pass!

It also doesn't help much with so much to do this week (prior to our trip) that I had trouble just thinking of times for my professor to call me (I am taking classes online)!

Blah, mini rant over:faint:

Well the car is all packed for the airport tomorrow morning. Next time I post hopefully it will be from DISNEY:cool1:

Glad to see everyone is doing amazing ... albeit ... some withdrawals :(

Me? Well I am too worried/stressing over a class I have. The professor is a very nice lady, however, the final project seems more fitting for a senior level class than a sophomore level class! And the quick pace that we have to do does nothing for my sanity.
Don't get me wrong, I'm used to weekly papers! Afterall, this (and one other) class is my last class EVER before I get my bachelors ... which is why I'm so concerned with this class. I need to pass!

It also doesn't help much with so much to do this week (prior to our trip) that I had trouble just thinking of times for my professor to call me (I am taking classes online)!

Blah, mini rant over:faint:

:wizard::wizard::wizard: Pixie dust that it will get all done.

Just checking in from Coronado Springs. I've been MIA the past couple of days, hanging with too many princesses and all.....

DW and DD are asleep. I'm about to crash, but thought I'd check in. I hope those traveling soon have a good trip, those that are back had a fantastic time, and those that are here are still are livin' it up.

Now if I can only get my DD4 to try some new rides. She has developed a phobia of all things new when it comes to rides. Can't get her on Pirates, HM, Buzz..... even Nemo and TTwC were like pullin' teeth. I'm hoping to break the cycle with TSMM tomorrow morning.

Have a good night, everyone.

Cheers,
Indy

Well the car is all packed for the airport tomorrow morning. Next time I post hopefully it will be from DISNEY:cool1:

:wizard::wizard::wizard: Pixie dust that it will get all done.

Safe travels!! We'll miss you here on the boards, but know you're having a magical time! :wizard:

Awe and thank you ... I think it will get done. It has to, it's just very stressful. Thankfully my professor is kind and is calling me tomorrow to give me some guidance :flower3:

Hi all Just wanted to let you know we just got back last night (around midnight) and we had a fantastic time. I'm still a little sleep deprived from all of the early mornings, but they were so worth it! Highlights include the Wishes Dessert Party (my personal fav), CRT breakfast, 'Ohana (it's gotten a bad rap lately, just here to say that it was our favorite meal of the trip!), being 3rd in line for Rapunzel (oh yeah!), HDDR, and the 10:30 showing of Fantasmic! If you can keep yourself awake, I highly recommend the later show. We sat in the 5th row. There was an entire section of the stadium (the far left?...opposite of the dining package seating, that was completely empty.) People were still walking in at 10:25 and finding a seat no problem. So worth the late bedtime!!! Chef Mickey's yesterday was great too. Food was just avg., but the character interaction was awesome. We had a 10:40 res. and I'm convinced the late breakfast at the end of the shift is the way to go. So relaxing and not rushed at all. We did the same thing at CRT...we had a 10:30 res. and we got to spend a lot of time with each princess. Stayed at the GF. Ah, what can I say, we were spoiled! It was breathtaking! It will be hard to stay somewhere else!! So many wonderful memories. And the best part...I think I have the husband convinced that we have to go back next year. Yippee!!!

Glad you had a great time and convinced your husband to go back next year. I think I will have my DD's 2 - 12 year old friends with us next year. I think I will stay at CBR and put the girl's in a tent on Highway 4 next to the bus station. Ha !!!! Ha !!!!:lmao::rotfl::rotfl2:

Trip Report - Link http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2760113

Midori and Bob here - we missed connecting with you while at CBR at the same time.

I KNOW! I looked for you two, which was pretty silly, given I don't know what either of you looked like. We weren't that far apart, since we were in Martinique 24. But I was also with my parents and my brother's family and I could not explain to them trying to see/meet someone else.

Loved the resort, though! Husband has already stated his desire to return there.

For anyone that is at the World (or just got back) how is the weather? I know rain is immanent in July, but how bad?

We're planning a full day of TL next friday (29th) and I'm worried we won't be able to enjoy it :(

We just got back from WDW last night after spending a week there. THe forecast called for rain every day, but it only rained 3 times, and we only got caught in it twice and both times were after 6pm! The third time we were back in the room for the night after touring all day. It didn't stop us at all though. One time we were just heading into Akershus for dinner and by the time we came out it was over, and time for Illuminations, which NOBODY WAS AT! We came out right as it was starting and my kids were almost against the rail. It was great!

Another time we were leaving Crystal Palace and it was just about getting dark and the skies opened. The only thing it impacted was that Jungle Cruise wasn't opened and neither were a few other things b/c the lightning was wicked. Very cool, though. We went on a few things, including POTC and Small World, then came out just as Wishes was starting. We watched from behind the castle, where there was A TON of room and a great view. Kids LOVED it! DS4 sat in her stroller with her mouth open! The rain really makes people leave!

Don't worry about the rain. I was freaking about it too, but it turned out to be a great thing for us!

Great DISmeet!! Just wanted to let you all know I had a great time and it was so nice to meet everyone. It's hot, but not hotter than home at the moment lol. We are going on soarin now and dinner at the Garden Grill in a little while. So far it's been a great day. I'll post more when i'm not on my phone.

Sorry to have missed the meet. We were at DHS today, and after DW and DD headed back to the resort, I had 3 Star Tours FPs and 1 TSMM FP left in my pocket, so I nerded out for an hour and a half. I did get to see all possible scenes in Star Tours. Heading to Coral Reef for dinner in 40 min. I should probably get ready.

Cheers,
Indy

For anyone that is at the World (or just got back) how is the weather? I know rain is immanent in July, but how bad?

We're planning a full day of TL next friday (29th) and I'm worried we won't be able to enjoy it :(

We went on a day when it was 70% chance of rain and it was great because no one else was there (granted it was BB). It started raining around 2 PM but it was just rain and it never really started lightning that day (so far as I can remember). That meant that the park didn't close. Most everyone started leaving around 2:30 PM including us. We were only leaving because we had dinner reservations at 5:30 PM and we needed to head back and clean up. Seriously, it was great. Also, it was supposed to start raining at like 10 AM but it didn't start until 2 like I said above.

I KNOW! I looked for you two, which was pretty silly, given I don't know what either of you looked like. We weren't that far apart, since we were in Martinique 24. But I was also with my parents and my brother's family and I could not explain to them trying to see/meet someone else.

Loved the resort, though! Husband has already stated his desire to return there.

We were at Martinique 21 - Room # 2116. Don't know if you can make us out in the picture below.

2011 Trip Report July 9th - July 16th - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2760113

Glad you had a great time and convinced your housband to go back next year. I think I will have my DD's 2 - 12 year old friends with us next year. I think I will stay at CBR and put the girl's in a tent on Highway 4 next to the bus station. Ha !!!! Ha !!!!:lmao::rotfl::rotfl2:

Bob, you are a very brave man... lol.

Sorry I haven't been on much. I have basically been sick since we got back. UGH! :mad: Seriously, nothing says I should move like getting sick as soon as I set foot in PA!! Anyway..... I haven't started my TR because of it. Once I do, I'll be sure to post the link here!

Oh, and I am usually sick for holidays and anything else special... or so it seems. Tomorrow is our 10th anniversary. It makes sense I am sick now. :sad2: And, no need to feel sorry for me. I have gotten used to this, and I'm not really down... just want to be healthy darn it! ;)

Have fun for all of you who may be leaving soon! :flower3:

Bob, you are a very brave man... lol.

Sorry I haven't been on much. I have basically been sick since we got back. UGH! :mad: Seriously, nothing says I should move like getting sick as soon as I set foot in PA!! Anyway..... I haven't started my TR because of it. Once I do, I'll be sure to post the link here!

Oh, and I am usually sick for holidays and anything else special... or so it seems. Tomorrow is our 10th anniversary. It makes sense I am sick now. :sad2: And, no need to feel sorry for me. I have gotten used to this, and I'm not really down... just want to be healthy darn it! ;)

Have fun for all of you who may be leaving soon! :flower3:

I hope you get to feeling better too. I got another sinus infection last week. I'm not on any meds because it's just blowing my nose all the time but I've had so many this year it's not even funny.

Sorry you guy's are not feeling 100%, hope you all get to feeling better real soon.

Sometimes my DD's friends are over for the weekend to swim and sleepovers. I am use to cooking, cleaning and entertaining them until they all go home. At times, I could have up to 6 girls over at a time. They all call me Mr. Bob - Dad. I 've known all of them since Pre-K and they will all be going into the 6th grade this year. It's fun having them over.

2011 Trip Report July 9th - July 16th 2011 http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2760113

Sorry you guy's are not feeling 100%, hope you all get to feeling better real soon.

Sometimes my DD's friends are over for the weekend to swim and sleepovers. I am use to cooking, cleaning and entertaining them until they all go home. At times, I could have up to 6 girls over at a time. They all call me Mr. Bob - Dad. I 've known all of them since Pre-K and they will all be going into the 6th grade this year. It's fun having them over.

2011 Trip Report July 9th - July 16th 2011 http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2760113

Ah yes.. you are the Cool Dad. :) Sounds like a blast though!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter