• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

July 2011:Calling all planners-Post your dates & Resort

HEY Becky2005: I commented on your PTR! And then I went back and read it! It's great! :thumbsup2 Have fun at the cabins! I've always wanted to stay there!

Thanks! I know it's not too involved but I had never done a pre-trip report and not 100% sure what to put in it anyway.... I was laughing when I got the e-mail saying someone replied!! Woo Hoo!!! At least I know *someone* read it (besides myself)...:banana:

I feel like I should go add more to it but not sure what else to add. I haven't done anything else yet. Waiting on my sister & brother to give me their families must do lists and then compare and see where we all fit in. I can't schedule the VIP tour until April...altough I'm still on the fence if I want to do that -- HOWEVER -- seeing the July 2010 Toy Story Mania pictures in a thread made me think the $1,000+ for the family to just not deal with that might be more worth it than I think. :scared1: It was a very scary picture. I don't remember if it was under the Crowded, Prove it Thread or the a thread regarding TSM specifically.

:lmao: I always make a list of what needs to be done when it gets closer so I don't forget anything.

You reminded me about the fabric I bought to put things on t-shirts for our trip. We went to Michaels and my oldest DD picked out yellow shirts to go with the giraffe fabric I bought:rotfl: That adds more to my list :rotfl::rotfl:

I actually started a pre-trip report and I don't think a single person has read it....so I haven't really updated it.
Becky, I have it opened in another window right now and after I'm done replying here I will be reading it with gusto!
July 3 - 11

Staying at POFQ for the first time.... and for our 10th Anniversary! Woohoo!

:banana:
Congratulations on the Anniversary and on the trip! Disney is a GREAT Place to celebrate anything! Make sure to get your Anniversary pins when you check in!

I do lists too....but not yet. This is that difficult time where there isn't too much to do yet....reading the Disboards helps though:goodvibes

You are lucky you can do the matching clothes, can't get my family to do it.

I started my lists when I talked to the TA and booked the vacation :banana::banana: as for the matching clothes I just told both DH and my kiddos that in July its pretty packed at all the parks and I want to be able to spot them easier so occasionally they will be in matching shirts.

I started to re-do my order for Garden Grocer yesterday. I've decided that we are going to relax and go to the fire side thing they do at the Fort Wilderness camp grounds (but I'm NOT paying 8 bucks a pop for their materials) and was a little sad to find out that GG does NOT sell Hershey bars or the skewer sticks for kabobs! So add another thing to my list of items to buy before we fly out of VA.

I've been dieting for the past 1.5 months and have lost 11lbs so far!:banana::banana::banana:

I found a seller on ebay who rents out the care's harness for airplanes so I went ahead and put my reservation up and paid for it, and the harness is going to be sent to my mother's house so I dont have to lug a car seat around for my youngest DD who gets her own seat this year :sad1: She's growing up so fast and this will be the last year she's free to go to Disney. It was bound to happen eventually though, I cant keep her little forever :rotfl2::rotfl2:

I'm going to sit down tonight and get to work on our matching AK shirts! I have to get going on that one or it will drive me nuts! I'm still shocked that my oldest DD picked YELLOW as the color to wear! I wanted the semi-khaki kind of green which I thought would work better but no I will now be the red head in the yellow shirt with some sort of design on the front done in giraffe fabric so if you see a person in that discription, dont be afraid to come up and say :wave2:

I started to re-do my order for Garden Grocer yesterday. I've decided that we are going to relax and go to the fire side thing they do at the Fort Wilderness camp grounds (but I'm NOT paying 8 bucks a pop for their materials) and was a little sad to find out that GG does NOT sell Hershey bars or the skewer sticks for kabobs! So add another thing to my list of items to buy before we fly out of VA.

I was trying to decide if I should pack those but then saw a bag of marshmallows counts as a snack credit....that could work. We are driving so me packing a bag or two or three of marshmallows may not quite make it all the way to Florida (I'm thinking if I packed 2 or 3 -- 1 might survive).

We are probably just going to do a grocery run when we get there though if I don't get too lost! I just downloaded Mousesavers' GPS downloads though so woo hoo!!! Seems they are helpful.

I was trying to decide if I should pack those but then saw a bag of marshmallows counts as a snack credit....that could work. We are driving so me packing a bag or two or three of marshmallows may not quite make it all the way to Florida (I'm thinking if I packed 2 or 3 -- 1 might survive).

We are probably just going to do a grocery run when we get there though if I don't get too lost! I just downloaded Mousesavers' GPS downloads though so woo hoo!!! Seems they are helpful.

There is a Walmart not too far, and a grocery store in the Crossroads shopping center. However, we thought the grocery store on I192 was a little cheaper.....I can look up the name and directions to that one if you would like.

:goodvibes
I actually started a pre-trip report and I don't think a single person has read it....so I haven't really updated it.

Linking in your signature is pretty easy though. You just copy the URL from the post and then I think you just cick the little blue circle link icon.

I have my trip report from 2005 linked...mostly so I can find it again or anyone can read it if I talk about my previous trip I guess. I suppose I could link my pre-trip report but I'd have to find it again...it's buried.

Just posted on it:thumbsup2

July 3 - 11

Staying at POFQ for the first time.... and for our 10th Anniversary! Woohoo!

:banana:

:welcome:

I do lists too....but not yet. This is that difficult time where there isn't too much to do yet....reading the Disboards helps though:goodvibes

You are lucky you can do the matching clothes, can't get my family to do it.

Luckily Dh is cool about it and the kids love it.:lmao:

I've been dieting for the past 1.5 months and have lost 11lbs so far!:banana::banana::banana:

I'm going to sit down tonight and get to work on our matching AK shirts! I have to get going on that one or it will drive me nuts! I'm still shocked that my oldest DD picked YELLOW as the color to wear! I wanted the semi-khaki kind of green which I thought would work better but no I will now be the red head in the yellow shirt with some sort of design on the front done in giraffe fabric so if you see a person in that discription, dont be afraid to come up and say :wave2:

Congrats on the weight loss:woohoo:

The nice thing about a bright color you will be able to pick out your family in the crowd.:goodvibes

Our YES tickets arrived by Fed Ex yesterday. So happy to see those. I have confirmed our AMTRAK tickets, and now just need to book the offsite hotel. Time is just ticking away now!

Here are my ADRs. I know some people are interested in this. I know I am! I love food!!! Of course, my DH and I are a little picky, so nothing too exotic, but all wonderful!

7/3 Dinner: 1900 Park Fare (then down to the water to watch the July 4th fireworks!!!)

7/4 Breakfast: Tusker House (new for us)

7/5 Lunch: Le Cellier (new for us)

7/6 Dinner: Rainforest Cafe @ DTD (okay, not on DDP, but still can make ADR's, and I have a gift card!!)

7/7 Dinner: Sci-Fi Restaurant

7/8 Dinner: Tony's Town Square (new for us)

7/9 Breakfast: Chef Mickey's (new for us)

7/9 Dinner: Liberty Tree Tavern

7/10 Dinner: Crystal Palace

Are we there yet??? :dance3:

Here are my ADRs. I know some people are interested in this. I know I am! I love food!!! Of course, my DH and I are a little picky, so nothing too exotic, but all wonderful!

7/3 Dinner: 1900 Park Fare (then down to the water to watch the July 4th fireworks!!!)

7/6 Dinner: Rainforest Cafe @ DTD (okay, not on DDP, but still can make ADR's, and I have a gift card!!)

Tusker House is REALLY good! The POG juice that is served here they also serve at O'hana and it's addictive!

We have Chef Mickey's for breakfast too and it's also a new one for us! I really wanted Crystal Palace for breakfast but we can always go for that one next time :thumbsup2

I keep asking myself every morning how many days are left until we fly out! DH and I figured out that we have 116 days until he comes home for R&R and then another 3 days until we fly down (119 but who's counting :rotfl::rotfl:)
I will be so happy to be doing the double diget dance! Then there is the single diget dance then there's the morning of dance and the dance on the first monorail we get to ride! I'm going to be a dancing queen!:rotfl2::rotfl2:

Tusker House is REALLY good! The POG juice that is served here they also serve at O'hana and it's addictive!

We have Chef Mickey's for breakfast too and it's also a new one for us! I really wanted Crystal Palace for breakfast but we can always go for that one next time :thumbsup2

I keep asking myself every morning how many days are left until we fly out! DH and I figured out that we have 116 days until he comes home for R&R and then another 3 days until we fly down (119 but who's counting :rotfl::rotfl:)
I will be so happy to be doing the double diget dance! Then there is the single diget dance then there's the morning of dance and the dance on the first monorail we get to ride! I'm going to be a dancing queen!:rotfl2::rotfl2:

Hm, not sure what POG juice is, but I will watch for it!

I haven't counted the days yet, but I should. lol. I am a teacher at a cyber school, and I have to work until June 30. Then we leave for our trip on July 2... so... double excitement there. Off of work for 1 1/2 months... and then DISNEY!!! I try not to think about it too much, I start to annoy the DH! hehe. But he loves going there... I think he just gets tired of me talking about it. ;)

Our YES tickets arrived by Fed Ex yesterday. So happy to see those. I have confirmed our AMTRAK tickets, and now just need to book the offsite hotel. Time is just ticking away now!

Don't you just love looking at them? We have 6 of the 4 day military tickets and then one 8 day child ticket (has Mickey on it) and I cant stop looking at all of them! ODD had to put the tickets in one of the suitcases so I wouldnt loose them in the house:rotfl2::rotfl2:

So far we have our park tickets, customized maps and gift cards for spending and I cant help but get excited at the thought of more Disney Mail!

Hm, not sure what POG juice is, but I will watch for it!

I haven't counted the days yet, but I should. lol. I am a teacher at a cyber school, and I have to work until June 30. Then we leave for our trip on July 2... so... double excitement there. Off of work for 1 1/2 months... and then DISNEY!!! I try not to think about it too much, I start to annoy the DH! hehe. But he loves going there... I think he just gets tired of me talking about it. ;)

POG juice is Pineapple, Orange Guava juice. They have little juice glasses on all the tables and bring a pitcher around and fill them up. This is before you get your usual coffee/tea/milk/ect.

School here for my kiddo's get's out June 20th I think (which also co-incides with my DSis birthday) it depends on how many snow days they used up though that go over what they alloted for. I'm also pretty sure I'm in the same boat as you when it comes to DH tired of talking about our upcomming trip. Everytime I go into details about everything and start asking him questions he zones :laughing::laughing: Then he tells me that because I'm the Disney nut and I've been there before he's leaving it in my capeable hands :banana:

The last family trip we went on was to Busch Gardens and we had a fight not long after we got into the park over the MAP of all things! I am instituting a no fighting about small stuff clause into this trip though.

POG juice is Pineapple, Orange Guava juice. They have little juice glasses on all the tables and bring a pitcher around and fill them up. This is before you get your usual coffee/tea/milk/ect.

School here for my kiddo's get's out June 20th I think (which also co-incides with my DSis birthday) it depends on how many snow days they used up though that go over what they alloted for. I'm also pretty sure I'm in the same boat as you when it comes to DH tired of talking about our upcomming trip. Everytime I go into details about everything and start asking him questions he zones :laughing::laughing: Then he tells me that because I'm the Disney nut and I've been there before he's leaving it in my capeable hands :banana:

The last family trip we went on was to Busch Gardens and we had a fight not long after we got into the park over the MAP of all things! I am instituting a no fighting about small stuff clause into this trip though.

One good thing about cyber school... no snow days. The students actually get out mid-June. But we have to work later (nothing to work on actually, but whatever... lol).

My husband lets me do all the planning. He loves to go, and I always plan it! I took his input on places to eat though. Otherwise, he just goes where I tell him, as long as I let him sleep in. Needless to say, we are usually up late. That actually works perfectly for the time of year we are going since things are open later! :)

mmmm.. that POG does sound good!

oh oh... can't wait! :yay:

I had a very intresting night last night. I had already bought iron on transfer sheets for my printer and needed to figure out how to reverse the letters so they would show up on the back of the shirts correctly. That took me about 1 hour to figure out! In the end I ended up using Microsoft Paint, putting in my Disney text and then flipping it. Then after I had printed off 5 sheets to put on the backs of 5 shirts something horrible happened. I was on a roll, the transfers were going GREAT and looking AWESOME (will post a picture when the shirts are fully complete I PROMISE!) then I get to the last sheet. The top line of text on the back of the shirts reads "Sparks Family" and I was pretty sure I had left the iron on there long enough. Well when I went to pull up the paper some of the tops of the letters stuck to the paper and NOT the shirt :scared1: so I tried to align those letters and make them work so I wouldnt waste the shirt. It was a no go...you could see the deffinate breaks where the tops should have connected to the lower half of the words. So now I have a practice shirt. I also got the templates for my tree of life and spaceship earth printed and cut out, now I have to re-locate my dang tailor's pencil:laughing::laughing:

I hope everyone's having a good day and your planning is smoothe and on track.

I had a very intresting night last night. I had already bought iron on transfer sheets for my printer and needed to figure out how to reverse the letters so they would show up on the back of the shirts correctly. That took me about 1 hour to figure out! In the end I ended up using Microsoft Paint, putting in my Disney text and then flipping it. Then after I had printed off 5 sheets to put on the backs of 5 shirts something horrible happened. I was on a roll, the transfers were going GREAT and looking AWESOME (will post a picture when the shirts are fully complete I PROMISE!) then I get to the last sheet. The top line of text on the back of the shirts reads "Sparks Family" and I was pretty sure I had left the iron on there long enough. Well when I went to pull up the paper some of the tops of the letters stuck to the paper and NOT the shirt :scared1: so I tried to align those letters and make them work so I wouldnt waste the shirt. It was a no go...you could see the deffinate breaks where the tops should have connected to the lower half of the words. So now I have a practice shirt. I also got the templates for my tree of life and spaceship earth printed and cut out, now I have to re-locate my dang tailor's pencil:laughing::laughing:

I admire your efforts! I am creatively challenged. I am sure the shirts are going to look great - hope you will post pictures when you are done.

Your ADRs look great - some of my favorites! We arrive on your last day - but are probably staying offsite that night.

Hi everyone, I'm planning a July trip to WDW too. 7/22-7/29 at AKL. I'm so excited, first time visiting Animal Kingdom and of course can't wait to go back to WDW!

I LOVE posting ADRs and seeing if anyone has the same times are ours!

We are staying the first two nights at the Polynesian and then switching over to the BC for 15 nights.

July 14 - Dinner at Kona 7:00
July 15- Breakfast at Crystal Palace 8:05 am
Dinner at Ohana 6:35 pm
July 16- Breakfast at Ohana - 7:30 am
Dinner - Tutto Italia 7:20 pm
July 17 - Lunch - Sci-Fi 11:45 am
Dinner - Cape May Buffet 7:05 pm
July 18 - Dinner - Liberty Tree Tavern 6:15 pm
July 19 - Lunch - 50's Prime Time Care 11:45 am
Dinner - Coral Reef 7:15 pm
July 20 - Breakfast - Cape May Buffet 7:45 am
Dinner - Biergarten 6:30 pm
July 21 - Dinner - Mama Melrose's FDP 5:00 pm
July 22 - Dinner - The Wave 7:30 pm
July 23 - Lunch - Hollywood Brown Derby 11:30 am
Dinner - Narcoossee's 8:45 pm
July 24 - Dinner - RFC at DTD 8:00 pm
July 25 - Lunch - Chefs de France 12:00 pm
Dinner - Rose and Crown 7:50 pm
July 26 - Hoping to get the Wishes Dessert Party
July 27 - Lunch - Sci-Fi 12:10 pm
Dinner - Via Napoli 7:45 pm
July 28 - Dinner - Yachtsman's Steakhouse 7:20 pm
July 29 - Dinner - California Grill 8:30 pm
July 30 - Lunch - Le Cellier 1:25 pm
Dinner - Captain's Grill 7:35 pm

I guess they'll have to roll us home!

Love them all. Tusker House will be our first time too so I can't wait to eat there.:love:

That has happened to me before. The trick I found that works is after I iron the design on I let it cool off for about 10 minutes. I found I was too excited peeling it off and the shirt was too hot.

Hi everyone, I'm planning a July trip to WDW too. 7/22-7/29 at AKL. I'm so excited, first time visiting Animal Kingdom and of course can't wait to go back to WDW!

:welcome: We will be there those dates staying at the Jambo house.

We are staying the first two nights at the Polynesian and then switching over to the BC for 15 nights.

No we don't have any those same dates/times. That would have been great though if we did.

Lastly... as I have mentioned I have decided to make some custom clothing for disney. Well I finished our AK day if you want to take a look
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=40384297#post40384297

Oh, there will be no need to "Roll you home." In July, I probably sweat off more than I eat! lol

I see you are going to Sci-Fi twice. It's nice to know there are some others on this board who like it there. My DH and I love the atmosphere there. :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter