• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

July 2007 Rate/Code Watch

I don't really understand how the discounts work.How do you get the codes?How do you use them to book online? We don't have APs,I'm not even sure if we CAN have them since we're not US residents.
We're booked for 5 nights at the Poly July 17-22, I don't expect a discount for this one since it's in the middle of July.But we're going to add 1 night or 2 at the BC after that,any chance they'll have a discount for that hotel on those dates ? I really can't wait til May, we need to get our flights soon before they go up. What would you do ? I'm thinking maybe book 2 nights at a value or mod for now,and if a discount does come up switch to BC ?? Is that possible?

Sorry for all the questions :)

We are currently booked with our wedding discount rate. I'm waiting to see if an AP rate comes out that's even better, but the wedding rates are pretty good. If we don't fill our room block, I'll let people know.

I don't really understand how the discounts work.How do you get the codes?How do you use them to book online? We don't have APs,I'm not even sure if we CAN have them since we're not US residents.
We're booked for 5 nights at the Poly July 17-22, I don't expect a discount for this one since it's in the middle of July.But we're going to add 1 night or 2 at the BC after that,any chance they'll have a discount for that hotel on those dates ? I really can't wait til May, we need to get our flights soon before they go up. What would you do ? I'm thinking maybe book 2 nights at a value or mod for now,and if a discount does come up switch to BC ?? Is that possible?

Sorry for all the questions :)

I'll try to take a stab at answering your questions.

Disney releases general public codes that provide discounts on rooms and/or packages. Disney also has pins/codes that are only available to those who receive them directly by mail or e-mail. Disney also has certain group discounts on rooms/packages that may use codes such as AAA, AP or UK residents. I have no idea what logic Disney uses to distribute the middle type. Most everyone on this thread is likely looking for the first type or the last type. I'm not sure how you book them online as I've either booked over the phone with CRO or used a TA.

I'm not sure what restrictions Disney puts on APs, but I would think that they would not have a US-only restriction. I know that Florida residents and DVC members can get a discount on them. I ordered mine through Disney's web site last month.

If you know that you will be staying the 2 extra days, I'd book them now and get the the air travel arranged. You can make a resort reservation change if some kind of discount comes up that will let you either get a better rate or upgrade resort category for the same cost.

Hope this helps!

"SRUAlmn" Oh My Gosh!!!! Riley is adorable! We have 2 "babies" just like her. They are Sadye and Isabelle. I just had to comment on all that cuteness:love:

When exactly will you guys be in WDW? and where are you staying? I, my DH,DS and DD will be at the WL 7/21-7/28.

"SRUAlmn" Oh My Gosh!!!! Riley is adorable! We have 2 "babies" just like her. They are Sadye and Isabelle. I just had to comment on all that cuteness:love:

When exactly will you guys be in WDW? and where are you staying? I, my DH,DS and DD will be at the WL 7/21-7/28.

Aw thank you! She's a little stinker! :) I just love cocker spaniels and was so happy when we finally found her!!

We are staying at the Contemporary, but will be there from July 10-19 (the wedding is on the 12.) We'll be over at the WL for a dinner at WCC on July 13, but it looks like we'll miss you! Have a great trip :)

:surfweb: Just bumping for us July people:goodvibes .....
It`s been great to see how many folks are getting the 40%...and other discounts....I just hope that "Mr. Disney"....comes through for the rest of us !!!:tinker: Here`s a little pixie dust for our wishes !!:goodvibes pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust:

:surfweb: Just bumping for us July people:goodvibes .....
It`s been great to see how many folks are getting the 40%...and other discounts....I just hope that "Mr. Disney"....comes through for the rest of us !!!:tinker: Here`s a little pixie dust for our wishes !!:goodvibes pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust:

I haven't been able to read through this whole thread. How are people getting 40% for July?

I haven't been able to read through this whole thread. How are people getting 40% for July?

Most of June, and All of July was skipped over with the 40% discount. it`s posted on another thread on this code board.. somewhere....it was an e-mail that Disney had sent....we recieved it also...but....our month wasn`t included :sad1: Soooo right now... I`m hoping for a nice AP rate for July to cover the 2 weekends that we`ll be paying cash (instead of our DVC points for) .....I hope I hope !!:goodvibes pixiedust:
You might want to visit this thread occasionally to stay informed...if your looking for a July discount...someone here will certainly be one the first to post....Im sure.....good luck !:goodvibes

Srualmn- I just noticed that you guys are getting married at DISNEY !!!!
:cheer2: congratulations !!:cheer2:

Srualmn- I just noticed that you guys are getting married at DISNEY !!!!
:cheer2: congratulations !!:cheer2:

Thank you!!!! :cheer2: :cheer2:

And thanks for the code information. I didn't think I had seen anything for July. Guess I'll stay tuned to this thread and cross my fingers with everyone else :) :)

Okay,

I am new to the boards but I am also going to Disney in July and hoping (should I say PRAYING) for a discount. I am paying now over $5,000 for 7 ngts at the Poly....sound right????

Thanks for the info.
Caroline

Yes, it does include the dining for 2 adults and 1 child. Isn't that a WHOLE lot....I need a code big time..

Caroline:cheer2:

Bumping to keep this current.

We are hoping for discount June 7-10 to extend our DVC stay at OKW, but nothing as of yet.

Did you check with MS to see if the 25% discount is available at OKW? I'm doing this for 2 nights in June before we switch over to BWV for the week.

No it's only thru 3/29. Disney has also taken away some dates that were previously available. I checked this morning.

We are in, May 27 thru June 4th! Now send me a code please! I have AP, DVC and Fl. Resident.

Caroline,
What kind of room? I'm guessing concierge? I have 6 nights GV + tickets and dining for 2 adults and 3 children (my oldest is 12 so I guess it's actuallly 3 adults 2 children) 7/10-16 for $3972.00. That's with AAA discount though.
I'm praying for a code too, but I'm going regardless, I bought non-refundable airfare. Maybe we'll get lucky!!!:::cool2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter