• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

July 2, 2005 - WE ARE THERE!!!

Hi everyone! Just my occasional stop by the thread to say "hello". Last night Monica and I went to a concert for her birthday. We saw Marc Anthony, Chayanne and Alejandro Fernandez. Although I was a bit nervous about being the only gringo in the arena, it was quite fun. We were sitting five feet from Jennifer Lopez which made Monica happy for some odd reason.

jgiants21 said:
Dave, Ron & Monica - have a great time on the 10 day - we will think of you.

Jim, thanks for the kind words. We will be sure to have a lot of fun and will bring back souvenirs for anyone who does not make this cruise. It is well over a year away and I have a feeling that we will end up seeing more of the previous group on this cruise as time goes by. We finally found our DVD camcorder and will be sure to take it with us this time to record the entire ship. Please tell your daughter Happy Birthday from all of us and we hope to see her driving around sometime soon!

DareTooDream said:
David, how was Vegas? Did you and Ron paint the town red??? We do need to get back to planning the Arizona meet, now that our kiddos, and Ben and Vickies daughters are settled back in school. Of course, we unexpectedly found ourselves in South Scottsdale this evening!!!

Vegas was fun! We met up with a new client of mine from the Howard Stern Show (I don't think I can say his name here) and went to dinner at our usual spot. We then went to Kahunaville and drank like fish. Good news, I did not knock over any drinks! I went to bed at 7:00 AM and woke up at 8:30 to security bringing back my friend John who was drunk and sleeping in the hallway. Gotta love Vegas! Made it back the next day just in time to go to the baseball game (we have one horrible team don't we?).

We hope to see everyone sometime soon. If you ever come out my way (I-17 and Carefree Highway) let me know and we will take you out to dinner. Maybe we can have our meet in September.

Hope to hear from everyone soon!!

Sherry.........sure looks like a snake to me! Good thing we didn't see him while we were there! :rotfl:

2 weekends, with no home improvement projects going on here. Dave is going to go nuts! Someone want him to paint something?????? Tile something??????? :rotfl2:

Looks like it will be very rainy this weekend, thanks to our friend, the tropical depression/hurricane. :guilty: NOT a good Disney weekend!

Dave.........glad to know you didn't spill any drinks down the back of anyone!!!! (hee-hee-hee) :p

Have a great Thursday!
Fran
:teacher:

I talked to Tim today, and it looks like he is going to try to come home a day earlier than planned! :cool1: This means depending on traffic coming from SFO to Elk Grove, he should make it home in time to go with us to the DISmeet at Ron & Sue's. :Pinkbounc He'll also be in town for Riley's first day of Kindergarten! :cheer2:

Found us on page 2!
Kelly is at gym until 7:45, so that means she and Dave won't be home till almost 8:30. So..............to kick off the weekend right.........................
Tacos and margaritas here tonight. Maybe if I close my eyes, Dave and I can pretend we are back at Mango's in Cabo!

Happy Friday to all!

Fran

Ok I am still around. - Have been coming home from work at 9 every night - no time for the computer.

I am so proud of you all for keeping our tread going - we must keep us on page one.

Angie, I would be glad to come over and give you an extra hand on the deck... just supply the drinks. Post of picture when you are done, I am sure we would love to see how it turns out.

Jill, I always wanted to venture out of the country and see DL Paris... We look forward to hearing about this adventure.

Disneydmpnut, great picture of the ship - I miss the Magic on the West Coast already.. Hope it returns soon..

Tim, We are glad you finally decided to join in on the fun on the board - great job on the pictures... Wendy tells us you may need a taxi driver- I hear your tip our great! Post some pic of your trip to China, we would love to see them - by the way WELCOME HOME :wave2:

Dave & Fran - any news on the HURRICANE...

Sherry, great picture of Bryce and his new buddy.. It's funny what you see in pictures that you did not see during the excursion. It looks like I will have to make a lot of trips out of town with all the decks being built. Just make me a martini - I will be there. Kim had a great 16th party - and yes we are now a three car/three driver family - Best of luck to Shane - we know he will be a great driver.

Dave & Monica - we look forward to our sovenir - Kim's say thanks on the birthday wish - any news as to your birthday party - we would love to come if we could. I will bring the wine.... It your team is terrible - ours (GIANTS) must be Little Leagures..

Ron, HI - my wife says she has a picture for you of a lady who would like to meet you -- any interest?

Wendy, Hope Tim made it home ... we will see you tommorrow

Well must now go to soccer pictures...

for anyone interested in the Magic going thru the canal tomorrow, here is some info posted on the live thread. Can't wait.
Wendy - thanks for posting about the time zones.....I'm like you.....and have no idea what the different ones are.
Jill

Info on Panama Canal transit

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, so I'm back from work with a bit of information about tomorrow's transit.

Someone asked about the website... is www.pancanal.com where you should be able to easily find a link to the cameras.

This is *extremely* unofficial information, as transit times tend to change a bit based on passage of other vessels, but you can pretty much count on it to be right, give and take 30 minutes.

First, it looks like the MAGIC won't be docking tonight (she's scheduled to arrive in Balboa at 2130), but rather anchoring and taking fuel from a bunker barge... wish you luck with the swell...

Your schedule shows the following times:

Entering Miraflores Locks - 0820 (on the East side of the locks, close to the visitors' center and the cameras)... this also means that you might be entering the channel around 0600

Leaving Miraflores Locks - 0940

Entering Pedro Miguel Locks - 1000

Leaving Pedro Miguel Locks - 1100 (you will then navigate 6 miles in the Gaillar Cut, the narrowest part of the Canal)

10-15 minutes later the MAGIC should be going under the Centennial bridge.

Out of the Cut - 1210 (Gamboa, this is where the Chagres river - the one that supplies most of the water for the Canal - merges with the channel)

Now is up to the pilot to decide if you're going to anchor in Gatun anchorage or go straight to Gatun Locks. If he decides to anchor then you will travel 2 hours through Gatun Lake and then anchor. If he decides not to anchor then you'll proceed slower through the lake.

Arrival at Gatun Locks - 1450 (will probably have to wait 45 minutes to 1 hour before actually entering the locks)

Leavin Gatun Locks - 1800 (salt water again, only this time on the Atlantic side)

30-40 minutes later your pilots will disembark, and about 1 hour after leaving the locks you should be crossing the breakwater... and on to your next port.

I hope you enjoy your transit.... wish I could be there with you...

Hey Angie, Here are Ben's (I think) instructions on how to post a picture......

You need to upload your pictures to a site such as Photobucket (http://photobucket.com), Webshots (http://webshots.com), or any of the other online places that allows one to share their digital photos with other people. I believe that one can even use Walmart or Costco. The basic service, which is free, allows you to upload many photos. There is a premium service for a nominal fee that I believe provides one with unlimited uploads. Not certain of the number of photos for the basic service as that is dependent upon the actual size of the photos. Right now I have about 125 in Photobucket. Then you can invite others to come and view the pictures as well as linking them to forums or to emails.

Once you have done this, you copy the link (url) of the specific location of where the photo resides. Photobucket has the URL below the photo. Then when you post a reply on the thread, there is an icon that is YELLOW and BLACK that looks like a mountain and a sun. You click that and paste the link that you previously copied into the space provided. Preview the post before submitting to make certain that the picture that you wanted to show is the one that is there.

My pictures are at Costco.com and you right click on the picture and choose the "copy image location" line. I've only done this a couple of times and sometimes. It doesn't always work - I have to play with it and delete it and redo it sometimes. :confused3 I think I have to have the particular picture open, not just right click from the thumbnail.

I don't know why I'm amused by this picture! This was by the fish market (loosely speaking) where we caught the water taxi to catch the tractor to get to Randi's Happy Horses. As far as I know none of the 25 or so of us needed to use it :goodvibes

Vets with Pets....... :dog2: :paw: :dog: :paw: :pug: We will be with you in spirit tomorrow! We expect pictures! Enjoy everyone!
Sherry
3448437523232%7Ffp5%3Enu%3D3235%3E863%3E%3B%3C%3B%3EWSNRCG%3D32323877%3A3579nu0mrj

Sherry,
Thanks for the info. I am going to try, but don't expect miracles

Jim,
The drinks are ready and waiting, so is the wood. So far that is as far as we have gotten. Soccer, band, and school activities seem to be getting in the way. Speaking of baseball. How about those Cardinals. :Pinkbounc My family was originally from the St. Louis area so, I was born a Cardinal Fan. DS 23 Brock is actually named after an old Cardinal player...(Lou Brock) We now live in an area that is mostly Cub fans, but we do get to watch all the Cardinal games on T.V. so life is good.

Everyone,
Have you been watching the Magic this morning. The pic. on the web cam are outstanding.

Fran and Dave,
How is the weather? Hope you and your family are staying safe and dry!

To all at the Dis Meet,
Hope you are having a great day :flower: :wave2: :flower:

Angie

Fran and Dave,
How is the weather? Hope you and your family are staying safe and dry!

The Storm bypassed us totally.....feel sorry for those in New Orleans though

Fran

Ron and Sue--We had a great time today. :dog2: Thank you for your hospitality. It was fun to see all your memorabilia, and your theater is GREAT!! Wow, what a place to hang out or hide away! :earseek: Thanks for sharing it with us. Sue--thanks for the really yummy chocolate souffles--just as good as Palo. Can you post the recipe? I know the kids had a lot of fun, too.

Jim and Mona--Your pictures are fabulous! Someday when I stop procrastinating, I'll have some to share, too. It was good to see you again. :goodvibes

Darcy--We missed you. I hope you had a nice visit with your sister, and that you can make it to the next get-together.

Wendy and Tim--Well, we see each other pretty much everyday, but I'm glad Tim made it home from China safely. (Good salad, too!) Have a great first day of school tomorrow, :teacher: especially Riley. (kindergarten--wow!)

For anyone who can make it, we're planning on meeting at DL in November. My job is to make a PS at a character breakfast for Saturday, Nov. 12 at 11:30. So far, it's a reservation for 24. If anyone else wants to join us, we'll add you to the ressie once it's made.

See you in November!

:wave:

Hey Guys!

Thought about all you CA people this weekend. I think my exact words to Dave were..........."I wish we could have gone to the meet" To which he replied, "That's an awfully expensive weekend trip!" Maybe next time! :earboy2:

We do have a "mini meet" with the group that is going on 5/27/06. It is this weekend at Disney World. I wish you all were going to be there!

Fran

Fran- You guys could always come to our next "mini-meet" at DL in November. We're meeting for a character meal (I think we're all staying at Paradise Pier Hotel as well). BTW... we are watching a show on the travel channel about the history of WDW. I think we're going to try to do a few days there after our cruise next Nov, but no idea yet which parks we'll attempt (I think we'll only have 3 days, so our options are pretty limited). But... until then... at least we have DL ... YEAH>>> only 2 more months!

If at all possible................I'd do Disney World BEFORE the cruise. It is SO much bigger.........you'll be exhausted. You'll need cruise time to refresh.

(But then again.......you're not married to Dave the Vacation nazi)

His mantra is GO, GO, Go ,Go.......you can always sleep once you get back home! (This would explain why Fran and Dave slept the first day at sea out on deck.....ALL DAY!)

Fran

Our dilemma is that we will be taking Jake out of 7th grade for the trip. We'll be arriving in FL the day before the cruise, then staying for a few days after the cruise... but have to have him back at school for one day before he is off for Thanksgiving Break (otherwise he will not be able to turn in his work and will have his grades drop because of the days he'll be missing). As for rest... that's what the flight home is for right? Our family was GO GO GO the entire cruise (and loving every minute of it). We know we won't be able to see much at WDW, but at least we can say we've had a taste of the action and will know what to do the next time. We'll likely focus on MGM thrill rides that we don't have at DL, and of course WDW itself so see the differences. That should be more than enough to fill the few days we are there... :rotfl:

tchrmom said:
If at all possible................I'd do Disney World BEFORE the cruise. It is SO much bigger.........you'll be exhausted. You'll need cruise time to refresh.

(But then again.......you're not married to Dave the Vacation nazi)

His mantra is GO, GO, Go ,Go.......you can always sleep once you get back home! (This would explain why Fran and Dave slept the first day at sea out on deck.....ALL DAY!)

Fran
Your message cracked me up! That is how our vacations always end up...go go go. We always joke that we are going to pick a quiet hotel in the middle of no where, so that we can actually relax and do nothing.......yeah right...like thats going to happen!
Jill

tchrmom said:
:wave:

Hey Guys!

Thought about all you CA people this weekend. I think my exact words to Dave were..........."I wish we could have gone to the meet" To which he replied, "That's an awfully expensive weekend trip!" Maybe next time! :earboy2:

We do have a "mini meet" with the group that is going on 5/27/06. It is this weekend at Disney World. I wish you all were going to be there!

Fran
We had a great time with the California Meet.

It was a little wild getting to that point as most of the remodeling projects were installed the week before. And to be true to form the wrong carpet was delivered. I am not Color Blind. So it is two more weeks for that. The week before a tree fell over the driveway blocking passage to the back of the property. The pump went out. Ron had a tree man quote him to cut down the three large pines that have fallen are leaning and will probably fall in the future. He was booked a month out and he wanted $3500 for the job. Guess what Ron I think I would rather go on a cruise. Luckily the pump repair was small and the guy had to walk but the sheep eventually got hungry and Ron cut himself a tunnel to get through the tree to bring in more hay. :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

But the food was great thank you for everyone who contributed. Ryan slept well that night after playing with all the boys. :cool1: :cool1: He is ready to see more people from the Disney boat. Tinkerbell finally got to get out of her costume. I will figure out how to post the pictures this weekend :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Wendy how was Riley's first day at school

Darcy We missed you I would tell my sister com another weekend.

We are looking forward to seeing everyone in November.

Fran and Dave It is a three day weekend why don't you come out.

Can anyone else make it to DL on the Veterans Day weekend let Needalatte know if you can make it to the CB

Sue

The CB count is up to 22 so far. I can't call it in until September 10, so there's still time to get in on it. And we can always add a few more even after that date, so come on, it'll be fun!

(fran starts counting quarters from the sofa cushions)

Fran and Dave It is a three day weekend why don't you come out

If I can find the $$$$$........................I'm there. Maybe if Daveis nice to me :love2: I'll find enought $$$ for him to come too!
:rotfl2:
Fran

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter