July 2, 2005 - WE ARE THERE!!!

Hello DIS Family,
I haven't been able to post at home because my computer as the Trojan Virus.
This was the most magical trip for my entire family. Horseback riding with the group was awesome!!! Dancing all night was cool too. Drinks after the 4th of July gathering, the first DIS meet, seeing everyone around the ship made the trip that much more special!! You are a great group.

DD's favorite parts were Randi's horseback Riding and swimming with the Dolphins in Puerta Vallarta.

DH's favorite part was dancing at the club and laughing with the group.

Coming from such a "shy" family you all brought the party animal out in us. :rotfl: :rotfl:

We were home by 9:30 Saturday morning. I immediately unpacked and did @ 6 loads of clothes and went to the cleaners while Arthur and Kennedy slept.

I can't wait to start my Disney Scrapbook. I purchased the one onboard but decided I didn't like it. So i ordered the Creative Memories book and more stickers. I'm waiting to get those.

Floating and watching the launch sounds great. Note to self: invade XLT800 and tchrmoms pool on trip to Florida.

I'll see you all soon! :earsgirl:

Fran, you said buffalo tastes like steak. If I were to try some, would my family know the difference?

Personally, I think it taste just like steak. I bet they'll never notice if you don't tell! :rolleyes1 But remember....just like regular steak, the cheaper the cut, the tougher. We usually get fillets and strips. Also remember that it cooks quicker than beef, so watch the grill closely!

Good Luck!

Karen........come on down! We have a solar heater for the pool, so you can swim well into October! I'll make you a yellowbird, and we'll float around and relax! :sunny:

I also have a great Konk Kooler recipe.
Fran
:teacher:

Judalyne said:
Arlene and I are planning on going to Disneyland early Sunday morning. The main event for us will be getting the "I was there" pin. If anyone wants to meet up, we'd love to join in the fun!

I will be getting there at 2am (thats when the line starts forming at DCA) they are also giving out the special edition ears :earboy2: that you cannot buy.... call me on my cell saturday, or in my office before then, you have my card, right? :cool1:

PS- Buffalo totally rocks! :banana:

they are also giving out the special edition ears that you cannot buy..

OK, I know they are "special edition" ears.............but do you know what makes them special??????? I thought my "golden ears" were special.....obviously I was wrong? :guilty:

Fran
:teacher:

It looks to be about 100 out that day, so be prepared. I am not sure I will be a diehard 2 am linerupper but I will be there too.

Can't wait to see what has gone in the park in the past 2 weeks, with the July 2 cruise I have not been over there. :earsboy:

SauniRae

Wanted to say thank you to everyone that hosted the send off party and the gathering on the 4th. We hung out on Jill's coattails (4fosterkids) and had a blast. True Disney Fans are sooooo nice.

DisFrog :earboy2: :bounce:

hi everyone! wow i had to read so much to catch up!! well we traveled all day seems like on sat to get back to new jersey. and , yes we have a teachers convention and get off 3 days in early nov and alot of people go to wdw. on sunday we were still on calf time slept late and stayed up too and then mon am was hard, dana was the only one to get up at 6am!! alison has been busy doing scrapbooking. the pictures so much fun to look at. we'll need a few hrs to see our video cause its disaneyland too! and i was the only one to feel the house move! for a couple of days too. all caught up now on laundry. have been showing off our 8x10s and 5x7s and sweatshirs and stuff to our friends! the scale was not too bad about 4 lbs for me. must wait till this swaying feeling goes away till i can excersize. ooh, about strep throat, it is passed by droplet, meaning someone who had it coughed in your face. and yead babies are usually too young to get it. hope evryone is feeling better. thanks to everyone of you for being so nice. wasn't it fun to run int eachother all thru the cruise. thanks to ron and dave for opening up the ry dis suite for all of us. what a great cruise. our server was fun we enjoyed him. palo's is such a great memory. isn't it. well i'm sure you'll hear from me again. its hard to explain to people in genera what a great time we had! talk soon lisa

Hi guys,

Jill - I'm excited for you that you will be "working" at the Make-A-Wish fundraiser. What will you be doing? Our daughter Aubrey (Buginarug) was a Wish Child. She had her wish in 2002. Which was our first Disney cruise and also our first plane ride together as a family and our first family vacation other than going to see relatives. She hopes to be able to volunteer for them at some point. It is a wonderful organization.

Sherry - Our golden retrevier hangs out in our pool all day. Especially this week, with it being 115 degrees. I don't know if it made it to 116 today or not. My car air conditioner doesn't like to work on the drive home - its too hot. Good news is just around the corner on that though.

Wendy - Your Asian salad sound wonderful. I'll have to try it.

Tonight is my night to sort though all the digital images and get them ordered so that I can get on with the scrapbooking. A friend already scheduled a crop night on Saturady.

Ron - please take pictures of these special edition ears, so that we can all see. Wow 2am is early to stand in line. At least it will be cooler than Las Vegas.

I enjoy reading all the happenings. Keep this thread going.

More Later,
Vickie ::MickeyMo

LegalBriefs said:
I will be getting there at 2am (thats when the line starts forming at DCA) they are also giving out the special edition ears :earboy2: that you cannot buy.... call me on my cell saturday, or in my office before then, you have my card, right? :cool1:

PS- Buffalo totally rocks! :banana:

2am??!! Sigh. I thought I was crazy over Disney :confused3 I will call you and leave my cell phone number and we can try to connect. However, I don't plan on leaving my house until 6am. It takes about 30 - 40 minutes to get there, then park, then....what??? Where are you finding out information about where lines are forming and when?

I'm going to ComicCon Friday. I'll visit the Disney booth. They usually give out free comic books that are pretty cute. I'm also planning on attending the Disney presentation on their new movies that are coming out, like Chicken Little. Not nearly as exciting as going back on the Magic for the Make-a-Wish night, but hey, it's something :Pinkbounc

We re-booked online, but it looks like we are changing it to the Double Scoop Costa Maya Cruise on Nov. 11, 2006... so, who's joining us??? DH said I need to work some this next year to help pay for it (I'm self employed, and didn't work much at all this past year... other than parenting, and the monetary pay is pretty minimal in that field) :rotfl:

Hello everyone,
We just got home last night or really this morning at 1:15 a.m. It was a really great trip and so much fun meeting all of you. I have a lot of reading to do to catch up on what has been happening. I am so glad that I got to visit DL. It seemed very crowded, but we never had to wait more than 20 minutes for a ride and used fast passes when ever we could.
Fran,
You decribed the crowds for the fireworks perfectly. I have never seen anything quite like it. But, the show was unbelievable!
Jim,
I was great running into you again at Disneyland. It really is a small world after all :earsboy:
So, I guess it is time to get back to the real world. Wal-Mart here I come.
Angie
P.S. Yes, I did make it home with all of my suitcases :rotfl2:

Wow - after more than two weeks of not being able to log in - finally in now. I finally received a response from webmaster and now I logged on.

First and quickly for now - It was great meeting all of you. Thank you again to Ron and Dave for your hospitality.

I need to catch up on some reading as soon as I have a few minutes and will post again.

AmyJ of Ca said:
Got a little irritated with a CM over the phone today. I just wanted to know if I should report that my kids got strep the day they got off the ship and she kept implying that they didn't get it on the ship. Amy :flower:

Amy,
I have been feeling crappy for two days. Headache and small sore throat. TOday I woke up and my throat hurts more, looked in there with a flashlight and saw a line of three white spots. I'm thinking I got streap too. I'm waiting for the kids to wake up before I go to the clinic for quick streap culture. Might even wait a day to make sure it if good and raging. Sometimes the quick streap doesn't catch it early. What a bummer, I washed my hands constanly and always before eating, even at snack spots. I guess I should have wiped down everything in the cabin with the bottle of antibacterial wipes I brought home unopened! Sorry CM was so rude. You were taking time out of your day to notify them and they ignored you. Now if you had been on board they would have kept you in your room. Go figure.
I'll let you know if I go to the dr. of hope it gones away on it's own. I'm thinking I have a sinus headache and therefore my sinuses are infected too....

Darcy

Darcy, I hope you feel better soon. 1 day on amoxicillin and everyone was feeling soo much better. With 3 kids on it my fridge is a sea of pink!!! I'll let you know if I get anything word back from guest services. Amy :flower:

Judalyne said:
2am??!! Sigh. I thought I was crazy over Disney :confused3 I will call you and leave my cell phone number and we can try to connect. However, I don't plan on leaving my house until 6am. It takes about 30 - 40 minutes to get there, then park, then....what??? Where are you finding out information about where lines are forming and when?

I'm going to ComicCon Friday. I'll visit the Disney booth. They usually give out free comic books that are pretty cute. I'm also planning on attending the Disney presentation on their new movies that are coming out, like Chicken Little. Not nearly as exciting as going back on the Magic for the Make-a-Wish night, but hey, it's something :Pinkbounc

My friend pulled the info up online, it basically said what I conveyed to you so far... plus two tidbits, ONE, that there are only 5,000 of those special pins which are being sold in frontierland (why there?) at a special area, also, TWO, that the big dedication happens at 10am and there will be big screens around the park showing what is going on... The "Special Ears" are being handed out at the turnstyles, or when you get into line at DCA at 2am.... :earboy2: I am guessing that the folks at DCA will be the only ones to get the pins (there are 5000 of the "I was there" pins (limit 1 per), and 10000 of another limited edition one (2 per), so i expect the folks that get the 5000 pins will get 2 of the limited ones as well... :confused3

Hey all, its 119 degrees here today... :sunny: lets meet at Mangoes, this working stuff is for the birds....
:cool1:

PS-please DO call so we can coordinate, and you are welcome to come to the karate tournament on saturday at the ontario convention center...

LegalBriefs said:
My friend pulled the info up online, it basically said what I conveyed to you so far... plus two tidbits, ONE, that there are only 5,000 of those special pins which are being sold in frontierland (why there?) at a special area, also, TWO, that the big dedication happens at 10am and there will be big screens around the park showing what is going on... The "Special Ears" are being handed out at the turnstyles, or when you get into line at DCA at 2am.... :earboy2: I am guessing that the folks at DCA will be the only ones to get the pins (there are 5000 of the "I was there" pins (limit 1 per), and 10000 of another limited edition one (2 per), so i expect the folks that get the 5000 pins will get 2 of the limited ones as well... :confused3

Hey all, its 119 degrees here today... :sunny: lets meet at Mangoes, this working stuff is for the birds....
:cool1:

PS-please DO call so we can coordinate, and you are welcome to come to the karate tournament on saturday at the ontario convention center...

My brother just called and invited us to go at 2 am, too! I'm going to try and talk Arlene into it...I can't let everyone have fun without me :flower:
Plus the pin incentive is a big one. :Pinkbounc
I'll let you know what we decide to do, but it looks like it's not worth the bother if you don't do the 2 am thing.

Hey all, its 119 degrees here today... lets meet at Mangoes, this working stuff is for the birds....

Mangoes it is............what time?? :cool1: At least it is Friday. It was really tough getting back into work this week. :bored:

Hope everyone has a good time at DL this weekend. :banana:

Dave

PS-please DO call so we can coordinate, and you are welcome to come to the karate tournament on saturday at the ontario convention center... [/QUOTE]

I'll probably be giving you a call today, but here is the plan in case I don't.

I'm going to DCA at 2 am with my brother and SIL. Arlene is not going. She is going to take her younger sister and they are going to go to ComicCon. My other DD is at church camp and isn't going with us today and ComicCon is really their thing. I'm the second choice, but I'm available :rotfl:

Hopefully, I'll see you bright and early Sunday morning!

No streap, just a sinus infection. I slept most of the day and all night. Good thing it is summer vacation and I can rest. Usually I have to keep doing all my duties when sick. Planning on trying to finish the laundry today.

DL Folks - HAVE FUN!! I am now starting to think that maybe I can talk DH into a trip during the first two weeks of October. Still warm, but not the crowds.

mokehil said:
No streap, just a sinus infection. I slept most of the day and all night. Good thing it is summer vacation and I can rest. Usually I have to keep doing all my duties when sick. Planning on trying to finish the laundry today.

DL Folks - HAVE FUN!! I am now starting to think that maybe I can talk DH into a trip during the first two weeks of October. Still warm, but not the crowds.

Glad to hear it's not strep. What a way that would be to remember your cruise :sad2:

Are you trying to go to DL in October or cruise October ('06)? If it's DL, join us in November--the weather's still good and Christmas decorations are up!

I asked our TA to switch us to the 11-11-06 Costa Maya/Double Scoop cruise. I haven't heard back from her yet, but I assume there won't be a problem. Those of you going on the Double Scoop cruises, report back so we can start getting excited about our next vacation. (Like we need any help with that!) :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter