• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

July 2, 2005 - WE ARE THERE!!!

i am going though my photos now. I am reducing them to 3x4 and placing each image on a 4x6 pallette so that i will get two pictures per 4x6 that i will have printed. I did this because I had planned to make two 7x7 albums and the 4x6 photos are just too big. I have seen another person's album with 3x4 photos and it looked great. Has anyone else done this and do the pictures print out well? I am using Paint Shop Pro 8. I usually use Photoshop elements 2.

I looked at the Canopy DVD. That was fun. That Austin kid and his family sure were in a lot of shots. It doesn't seem right that the foks at the back of the line get so much less camera time, unless that WAS the plan. I got some great pictures of my girl's muddy faces. The lighting that day was fantasic!!

The group shot of canopy tour is missing lots of people (getting harnesses on) and is not that good, but if anyone wants it let me know. Even on slow dailup one photo will not take that long to make the leap to cyberspace.

Fran and Dave- Will you be making the drive to see the shuttle launch? We will watch on TV.
No buffalo in my freezer, just two lambs in cute little white packages. The side of beef is on order and we are just waiting for it to get bigger. Just one of the benefits of living in the country with ranchers.

One load of laundry sits clean in the washer. Not brave enough to venture out in the 100 degree weather. Who was saying they had a pool??? We are watching Alice in Wonderland and eating popscicles. FYI- When my kids ask me what there is to eat I tell them "nothing!" The funniest thing has hgappened three times today, they found stuff on their own, instead of continuing with the conversation, "Anything else or yuck." I wonder why it took me so long to figure that out.

Back to piture manipulation.

melting in California. Sherry how did you manage the heat all spring?

Darcy

mokehil said:
Not brave enough to venture out in the 100 degree weather. Who was saying they had a pool???
Darcy

We do, but we're not using it today because the rule is if you leave your wet bathing suit and towel in a pile on the floor, you can't swim the next day. Guess what DS forgot to do last night?? :guilty: He's regretting his choice now, :sad2: but maybe he'll remember to hang his wet stuff up next time. I guess I could go out and swim, though. I hung my things up! :rotfl2:

Hello July 2 cruise Dis family :grouphug:

It is 6 p m (Pacific time - I think) and we have finally made it home from 3 days at DL (and yes we made it on space mountain :cheer2: )

I will write more later, as for now I am extremely tired now from the long drive, and would like to have a beer and watch the All star game.

A BIG THANK YOU TO YOU ALL - THIS WAS THE BEST TRIP EVER!!!!!!!!!

Jim

tchrmom said:
:sunny:

We have a pool!

Come on down!!!!!

You can watch the space shuttle while you float!

Fran
:teacher:

Oh my, Fran, That vision is spectacular. :wizard: Floating, watching the launch, all the while, your newly Disney-Trained hubby brings us cold umbrella drinks!!!! :banana:

Wonder how early I can get a flight out..... :moped:

Still wondering what's for dinner! Started to make a salad but was delayed by something..... how was the buffalo?

Darcy

Fran- What you described sounds great! When can we arrive? When's launch time and do I have to set my clock ahead or behind.... it's been a couple of days since I've reset my clock (again), and I feel like I should be re-setting it. Also, what's the drink special of the day?

Marcy - We did bbq'd chicken (I do it WAY low fat), and a special asian salad with Napa Cabbage, green onions, and mandarin oranges. We'll BBQ bananas to have with ice cream later (can't give up on the desserts yet). I don't have a tread mill, so walking around the house while sorting laundry and putting it away will have to do for me.

Oops, sorry Darcy. I guess those drinks from DHs beer I had with dinner effected my typing! That, or maybe you would like to change your name... :goodvibes

Myself... today I'll go for almost any name that isn't "but mom" :rotfl2:

Jim- glad to hear space mountain was up and running. We heard on Monday when we went through Bakersfield that the ride was open. Considered for about a minute driving back down to ride it, but real life was calling for our return. We did get to see the fireworks up close and personal on our drive through Anaheim on Sunday night (people were stopping their cars along the freeway to watch the show). We tried to wave to all of you DIS guys that were at DL, but there were these big office buildings in our way so you probably couldn't see us.

all the while, your newly Disney-Trained hubby brings us cold umbrella drinks!!!!

Did Fran find a new hubby on the cruise??? :rotfl:

I need pictures from the July 4th party if anyone has any. This is the one day I forgot my camera. Thanks

Drink of the Day will be West Indies Yellowbird.

Dave

I'm very excited and had to share my news. :earsboy: I get to visit the ship this Saturday for a huge Disney/Make A Wish Foundation fundraiser event called "An evening of Magic". I just found out yesterday and went to our training today, although they laughed when I told them I just got off the ship Saturday, and they were trying to explain to everyone else where everything was on the ship (restaurants, pools, clubs, theatres etc.) It is going to be a huge star studded event sponsored by Disney, American Airlines, The Lakers, Dodgers and ABC stars. There will be 40+ Wish Families on board along with some special wishes granted that night. There is 1 boy whose wish is to be an author, he wrote a book about a bug which they published and they are having a huge book signing for him on the ship.

I'm so excited to work at the event, as well as visit our ship again! Even if its just for 12 hours!

Jill

Hey Darcy, I'd like the group Canopy shot. Sounds like your album will be very nice! As for the heat, I guess we've been here long enough and ya just gotta make do....Last night on the 10pm news the temperature was still 98. We've got a pool as well. One of our golden retrievers hangs out on the beach step we have.

Wendy, what dressing do you use on that "special asian salad". Is there a recipe for it all? How do you bbq bananas? Do you add rum :rotfl:

Betsy, wish I would have thought of that wet suit/towel rule!

Judy and Arlene - good luck with the I Was There pin :cool1:

Jim, Mona, Kim and Adam - welcome home!!!

Fran and Dave - have you ordered the buffalo more than once? I might have to try it. What is in a West Indies Yellowbird? I've got a pic from the 4th and a couple others to send you.

Jill, be sure to tell us all about "An Evening of Magic"!!!!! What will you be doing to "work" at it? How awesome! That will be an extra special memory!

That's all for now!
Sherry

This drink is best when served in the pool.... :banana:

6 oz. o.j.
2 1/4 cups water
1 1/2 cups pineapple juice
1- 1 1/2 cups light rum
3/4 cup creme de banana

Combine all. Stir well and serve over ice. :banana:

Or.....you can just go to a TGIFriday's. They make a great one too!

I have ordered the buffalo before. They only ship on Tuesday, I believe, so that meat is never in transit over the weekends. Last night, I marinated it is equal parts CHEAP red wine and soy sauce with a little olive oil.............YUMMY!!!!! (only marinate about 20-30 minutes)

Dave and I looked at the pictures last night. They are so good! Too bad it looks like I'm married to Jim and Ron.....since all the "dance shots" are with them!!! :rotfl:

Lots to do today....................
Fran
:teacher:

DareTooDream said:
Hey Darcy, I'd like the group Canopy shot.
Sherry

Sherry, sent me an email to dkkcmj-reg@yahoo.com. I will send the canopy shot to you. I am not sure how if works if you send stuff the PM way. I thought attachmants were not allowed. :confused3

Dave, I sent you a 4th picture to your email address last night. Did it make it? I turned off my email program before Nortons finished scanning it.... :rolleyes:

Who has the group canopy shot from the canopy office? I would love a copy of that one. :love:

Jill, Congratualations on Magic visit~ LOTS of details please. I had read a press release about the event last month. Sounds like lots of fun. Make a Wish is a wonderful organization. I created a scrapbook for a friend's daughter after she did her wish: See woman's soccer finals at the Olympics!! Very exciting for her because USA won the GOLD in Athens last year.

Another hot day, still doing laundry! :rolleyes1

Wow, Sherry, that is so awesomwe!! Disney is supposed to be making some big announcement on that day as well, so you should be there to find out what it is first hand, although there is some speculation that the announcement is not really all that big.

AND...I hear Johnny Depp will be there. I would give you anything if you were able to get a picture of him for me! :faint:

The pool is now open, so if you're in the neighborhood, stop on by!

Fran, you said buffalo tastes like steak. If I were to try some, would my family know the difference? I try to sneak things in if I think they'll be turned off by the sound of it. I'm glad you didn't say it tastes like chicken, though. DS doesn't like chicken, which is pretty sad because I make it several times a week. I bet if the chicken came from room service he'd like it! :rotfl: (He almost cried when we got home and I remembered that we could have been ordering Mickey bars from room service :sad1: ) Oh well, that's something to save for the next trip, which we're considering changing to the November 11, 2006 Costa Maya/Double Scoop.

Dentist today :teeth: --for him, not me. I'll check in later.

Good morning to all (and afternoon to those on the East coast), just woke up from a long summers nap. What a great time we had, with some wonderful people!!!!!!!! ;)

Dave, Give me a little time and I will be sending you some photos. I have some good shots of the excursions we were on.

Let keep this board alive, as we have made so many new friends. And we must scedule another meet, just let us know and we will be there.

Will talk with you all real soon. Jim

Oh by the way, I have the group Canopy shot on my disk. Some how will get it to everyone. Jim

Darcy- I have your e-mail, and I'll send you a copy of the 4th photos and the canopy shot.

Dave & Fran- Too many photos to e-mail. I'll got a CD in the mail to you either today or tomorrow. The drink sounds yummy! As for the photo DVD set to music. I have a CD with "Remember the Magic" from Disney's Christmas Firework show that I'm going to use on the photo collage I make for my kids.

Sherry- I have photos for you too. Send me a PM with your e-mail address and I'll get them to you. Do you have DSL (the files are pretty big)? I could always burn them on a CD if it is easier.

The recipe for the Asian Salad is:
1 head of Napa cabbage
1 can of mandarin oranges
finely sliced green onions (I use about 3 or 4)
Chop the cabbage and add the oranges and green onions.
Dressing:
1/2 cup vegetable oil (I use only about 1/4 cup)
1/4 cup sugar
6tbsps red wine vinegar
2 tsps soy sauce
Combine these in a jar or sealed bowl and shake well.
Topping:
2 packages of Top Ramen noodles (use the noodles only)
1/2 cup slivered almonds
1/4 cup sesame seeds
Smash the noodles so they are in small pieces, and combine with the almonds and sesame seeds. Put these in a baking dish and top with a 1/4 cup thinly sliced butter. Put in a 350 degree oven for about 10 minutes, tossing everything after 5 minutes. The topping is done when the almonds are slightly browned. Add the topping and dressing to the salad just before serving. Enjoy!

Jill - Have a great time on Sat on the ship, and make sure to tell us all about it!

Judy - More good wishes about getting the pin :wizard: I can already tell you that "I wish I was there" too!

And about the BBQ'd bananas... sorry, no rum. Unless you drink it while cooking :rolleyes1 You just wash the banana (in the peel of course), then slice it in half lengthwise. Sprinkle insides with cinnamon and sugar mixture, then place the 2 halves back together and BBQ until the peel browns. Serve over vanilla ice cream. I'm sure this dessert would taste best while in the pool (like the bird drink... maybe even with one). :rotfl:

Well, real life calls. Off to the dry cleaner and TKD for my oldest son. Have a great day everyone!

Got a little irritated with a CM over the phone today. I just wanted to know if I should report that my kids got strep the day they got off the ship and she kept implying that they didn't get it on the ship. All we did that day was get in our car and drive home. You'd think the way they try to avoid anything getting passed around on the ship that they would like to know that 3 out 4 of my kids got something very contagious on board. (The Dr said the baby was too young to get it) I wasn't asking for anything, just calling to find out if there is someone who handled this info and she acted like it was SOP to put the blame back on the passenger..Deny, Deny, Deny. That attitude only ends up hurting future cruisers and probably ended up getting my kids sick. She finally gave me an email address to send my concerns. We'll see what response I get. I am only informing them, not asking for anything nor would I expect anything because the symptoms showed up after leaving the ship. Just needed to vent!!! Amy :flower:

Amy I agree that it should be something that they are aware of. Ideally, if they sanitize every evening the room should be clean by now, and your kids likely contracted it from another child on board who was sick at the time. Still, DCL should let the club workers know in case any of them get a fever or sore throat that they should be checked for strep due to likely exposure. Even the workers at the child play room at our gym let parents know of possible exposure to things like strep or pink eye. I would have been a little frustrated as well!

needalatte said:
Wow, Sherry, that is so awesome!!

Oops--Silly me, I meant to say "wow, Jill". :crazy: I got distracted and forgot who wrote what. Have a fabulous time on Saturday and if you catch a glimpse of Johnny Depp, I still would love a picture of him!

Betsy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter