• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

July 2, 2005 - WE ARE THERE!!!

The Richie Family is back home. Ben and Ashley returned to work today. I however took off one more day to get the unpacking done, laundry, grocery shopping etc. My world is still "rolling". Anyone else still having the same moving sensations? I only have one more load of laundry to do. I even cooked a homemade dinner tonight. Chicken stir fry. Aubrey said it was better than what was on the cruise. The scrapbook has been started. Althought I am still getting the digital pictures printed, they should be ready tomorrow. Tomorrow its back to work, I'm sure I have a lot of work piled on my desk, with everything being "urgent". We didn't book another cruise this trip. With two daughters in college we will probably just be making a trip to Disneyland.

Did anyone else have any of their door decorations stolen while on the ship?

More later,
Vickie ::MickeyMo

Amy, so sorry to hear about your sick kids. 4 of us have mild cold symptoms, but not strep. I had to take Keely to the dr. today because our first night home she was bit by a kissing bug (conenose or assassin bug). They started as welts and then were swelling to twice the size every 12 hours. She is on an antibiotics to ensure they don't get infected. I found it hiding between the matress frame and boxspring. I squished it good and lots of RED blood squited out.

That took care of my reality check... we are no longer on the Magic. I tried to get sympanty from a friend but she just said. "Yet over it, you're home!!!" Of course I know she was just jealous. I made sure to tell her what a good time DH and I had in the spa with a bottle of champagne!!

I need to go check DH and the scale. I did ok, a mear 3 pounds. I guess I did not fully take advantage of mutiple desserts.

Fran: We had chicken and rice for dinner too. I went all out and made some spring rolls and a yummy pineapple/cucumber salad. Both from last month's Bon Appitite.

Amy. Glad you had installed the alarm system. After all you have been though I am sure you are a little freaked. Hope your nerves are not too frayed by worry. I did not get a sense of where you lived from your posts and didn't learn your last name until the on the cruise. I suppose the internet is a place for lurkers but it was not easy finding these boards in the first place. I found a link from some other Disney cruise info website. I use a yahoo address for most and have a personal account for family. I never you that for business. Last month however someone did get my Disney Credit Card number and tried charging something. I caught the charge four days later when I downloaded my transactions online. Caused some problems with my Disney Rewards card too but that all worked out and we used them on the cruise.

You guys are great and you truely made this cruise SUPER special. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your help, smiles and freindship.

Darcy

We arrived back in Dallas Sunday afternoon. We spent Saturday and part of Sunday with DH's and Clarissa's cousins in LA. I was actually more tired with that than I was the whole week of the cruise. We went to see the Getty museum-- that was very nice.

We were both back at work today. And boy, was I busy. I didn't get home till 7 pm and now that I'm home and the girls are asleep, I have to finish up on the laundry!

Anyway, we had a wonderful time meeting all of you. That was our 3rd Disney cruise but only the first time we joined a DISmeet....and definitely no regrets. We are so happy we did it. The Deck 10 meet and greet was wonderful. Thanks to everyone who organized it. You know who you are. Also, thanks to Ron and Dave for sharing their suite on July 4th. That's probably the closest we can come to ever being in category 1! It was fantastic!

We (including Clarissa and Jojo) rebooked for a Western Carribean in October 2006. Dh and I really intended for our next cruise to be in 2007 because we are going to Hawaii in 2006. But if we wait that long, we might go into major withdrawal symptoms from the lack of Palo-care. We can still move the date to 2007 if we want to. We'll see when the cruise schedule is announced. Perhaps we can join you on the double-dip to CC! That would be nice to see most of you again.

We have about 500 digital images. I do not think we can get to those till this weekend. We will definitely share them with you once they're ready.

Keep in touch.
:thewave:

My clock is so screwed up.... i stay up late, wake up in the middle of the night, and have NO energy...! oh well... i have already heard from two DCL crew that the new group on board is not nearly as much fun as we were... Alcohol sales are WAY down... :cool1:

Hey, I will be in SoCal this weekend, I have a karate tourney in Ontario and I am heading over to DL.... any of you cali folks heading there for the birthday as well? ;-)

Ron, I'm up in the middle of the night but I have sick kids to blame. I don't think I have enough courage to set foot anywhere near DL until after summer. We'll see how bad the crowds are from Anna and her family when the get enough energy to write. You were probably hoping for Dissers without a truckload of kids to meet anyway. I understand. I wouldn't want to be with us had I not been the leader of this pack!! Good luck though!! :flower:

It finally hit me while I was in the grocery store for the 2nd time since we got back. This time for carpet cleaner..(*Don't ask,) gatorade, popscicles antibacterial anything, etc... I want back on that ship. Now, not Oct 2006. Anyone else care to join in my pity party!!! Amy :flower:

We're having a little trouble with our "internal clocks" too! Staying up late and NOT wanting to get up when the alarm goes off at 6:30. I'm not even sure how many times XLT hit the snooze button this morning............... :confused3

Amy, I'm with you! I want to be back on the ship........and bot my kids are not even sick!!!! Here is some pixie dust to make you feel better. :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:

Darcy, are you sure you were on a cruise?????? ONLY 3 POUNDS???????????

I'm green with envy!!!

Jim and his family should be back home today. I think Mona had to be at work today, so Jim was in charge of laundry and cleaning. Good Luck, Jim! :flower:

Fran
:teacher:

I might as well join the pity party this morning. Is this an excuse to drink?? :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: It has been tough to get going.

Ron....good luck in your tourney......just remember your in a tourney not on the dance floor in Rockin D......don't break into some spin move :rotfl:

Amy...to bad you do not live in Florida, there are some really good prices for florida residents for Sept cruises.

Have a good day all. I really need to get some work done.

Dave

We're finally home now too! Actually, I tried to post last night but the system was "too busy" and I couldn't get in. Four laundry loads done, and plenty more in line behind them. My boys all described this trip as their "dream vacation" and could not wait to tell anyone who would listen all about the great things they got to do and see. As I mentioned before, this was our first cruise and it was everything we hoped it would be... I just wish the Oceaneer's club was open just a few hours longer each day (Our youngest, Riley, was one of the last 2 kids to leave the club last few nights of the cruise). I'd jump for joy over the free childcare, but it was far from free. :goodvibes We did re-book for Nov 2006 (may change to Oct 2006 depending on Tim's work schedule once we have some idea what 2006 holds in store for us). We haven't told our kids as the dates are not firm yet and we don't want them hassling us about it :earseek:

On Sat. when we got off the ship we drove to Mission Viejo to visit family and everyone napped (Tim for 5 hours). We sailed around Newport Harbor & Balboa Island on Sunday afternoon, and then began our LONG, sad drive home to Elk Grove. We had friends drop in about 10 minutes after we got home, so my boys were thrilled to be able to play instead of help unpack. :cloud9: As for weight, one scale shows I lost 5lbs, the other shows I gained 2 lbs. Either way, I'm okay with it!

I agree with everyone who's posted about how much fun being part of the group was. It took me back to my college days, dancing, hanging out with friends, running into people I knew all over the ship. We loved every minute of it! We miss all you guys. The double scoop is out of our budget for this next year, but we sure do wish we could join you all, it sounds fun. The get together in Northern California sounds fun, and we are available most Saturdays.

Well, time for me to go make plans for my youngest son's birthday and of course, check the cruise reports! :teeth:

Zebramom said:
The Richie Family is back home. Ben and Ashley returned to work today. I however took off one more day to get the unpacking done, laundry, grocery shopping etc. My world is still "rolling". Anyone else still having the same moving sensations? I only have one more load of laundry to do. I even cooked a homemade dinner tonight. Chicken stir fry. Aubrey said it was better than what was on the cruise. The scrapbook has been started. Althought I am still getting the digital pictures printed, they should be ready tomorrow. Tomorrow its back to work, I'm sure I have a lot of work piled on my desk, with everything being "urgent". We didn't book another cruise this trip. With two daughters in college we will probably just be making a trip to Disneyland.

Did anyone else have any of their door decorations stolen while on the ship?

More later,
Vickie ::MickeyMo
We had 2 magnets taken, and multiple times had bad language written on our magnetic wipe off board!
That was a bummer. Always someone trying to ruin a good thing.
We really enjoyed decorating the door and everyday added something new. A picture, a pirate flag, a Happy Birthday banner for my husband. I brought a roll of magnetic strip with us and just peeled off pieces as we needed them to attach new things. I added 2 paper flowers I bought in Mazatlan, which was very festive. A few people left nice notes on the board too and many people commented how fun it was to see.
When I took it down the night before we left, my kids couldn't find our room anymore, so it really did help as a locater too.
Another great idea, I got from these boards!!
Jill

OK..........I'm thinking that Dave and I need a new scale. Wendy or Darcy.....can we buy yours? I like how yours reads! OK........I confess, I gained 12 pounds!!!!!! :guilty: Can't be those 3 chocolate souffles that I ate, could it???????? Or maybe the chocolate lava cake??????? :confused3 Anyway.......who has a "good scale" that they want to sell? I just got off the treadmill, and I'd rather re-weigh on a good scale, then spend 50 minutes on THAT thing everyday!!!!!!!! :sad2:

Fran

tchrmom said:
OK..........I'm thinking that Dave and I need a new scale. Wendy or Darcy.....can we buy yours? I like how yours reads! OK........I confess, I gained 12 pounds!!!!!! :guilty: Can't be those 3 chocolate souffles that I ate, could it???????? Or maybe the chocolate lava cake??????? :confused3 Anyway.......who has a "good scale" that they want to sell? I just got off the treadmill, and I'd rather re-weigh on a good scale, then spend 50 minutes on THAT thing everyday!!!!!!!! :sad2:

Fran

Fran--Your ticker looks much better now. :goodvibes I weighed myself the night we got home--up four pounds--but you should never weigh yourself at night. This morning it said I was only up 2 pounds, so somewhere in between lies the truth. You are welcome to have my scale. When we went to Palo, our waitress, Annie, gave us the same kind of look that you got when you ordered 2 chocolate souffles. :blush: We didn't order two, but I will next time. Or three :crazy: . One with vanilla, one with chocolate, one with both. Need to compare apples with apples--or souffles with souffles. And they're so tiny!

We had no problem with our door decorations, unless you count the time that someone tried to write my screen name on my white board and wrote "needalathe." Maybe there was some rough woodwork on board that needed sanding! The door decorations were a great idea--when I took them down even I had trouble finding our door at first.

I'm still swaying, and still thinking about the cruise. And obsessively planning our next one 17 months away.

We're going to DL in November if anyone wants to meet up there. We haven't picked a date yet, but most likely not the week before election day.

Can anyone out there tell me when Jersey week is?

Vanvmom said:
Can anyone out there tell me WHAT jersey week is?

I sent you an email. It's the first or second week in November when all of the Jersey schools are closed. Lots of people come to WDW and DCL that week, from what I hear.

Someone out there who has experienced it, is it really more crowded? :crowded:

Needalatte, Only 3 pounds????????????????

Something is wrong with me! Now, to be honest, we did spend 3 days in DL. I guess we ate too much there. :rotfl:

Catch up with me next Monday for the morning weigh in. :blush:

Fran

tchrmom said:
Darcy, are you sure you were on a cruise?????? ONLY 3 POUNDS???????????

Fran, My scale will be in the mail to you by the end of the week. I don't want it any more either! :teeth: In an attempt to get Kent on the scale I re-weighed myself tonight! Now the scale stated 6 more pounds...for a total of 9! What was I thinking? I was so excited that I did not have to unfold the treadmill...I guess I am in for many sessions now.....note to self: If you like what you see on the scale, don't double check it, ever!!! Kent did very well, only a few pounds and stayed under 250! That was the goal because he wanted to do the Canopy tour he ended up missing.

As for laundry, I will never catch up because the kids keep wearing things. Since it is going to be 100+ for the next two days I am making a bathing suit only policy! (Except for me, I get to wear cover up to hide those 9 pounds that are sticking out in the middle. Dave I am refusing to give up on the tequila while doing the treadmill, ok, I won't drink and walk! :crazy:

Fran, any sugggestions for dinner?

Barbeque Meet? Still trying to figure out our schedule, when can a barbeque fit in....kids only have two weeks off before school starts again. Need to do that "don't do anything at all" for a few days before we book up all the free time. :wave2:

Jim How was DL? Did you get to go on Space Mountain? :Pinkbounc That has always been my favorite and was closed last time. Hope your drive home was uneventful. :moped:

I am glad to hear everyone is making it home safely. :moped:

I must admit it make me very sad that we did not re-book. :guilty: I am not sure what I am going to do with all my time now. Cleaning the house is no fun and my body can't afford BonBons on the couch any more. I can't hear the get on the treadmill mantra. Do you think I burn lots of calories pushing that thought out of my mind??? :rotfl2:

Wendy & Betsy Maybe I can make it to Elk Grove for school shopping in the next few months....you do have a mall or two don't you? Keep me in mind when you decide to do another girl's weekend in Tahoe. I'm inviting myself..... :rotfl:

Back to the laundry, still have more piles. Good exercise: climbing over the piles of laundry in the front hall to get to living room or kitchen!!!

Enjoy today.

mokehil said:
:
Wendy & Betsy Maybe I can make it to Elk Grove for school shopping in the next few months....you do have a mall or two don't you? Keep me in mind when you decide to do another girl's weekend in Tahoe. I'm inviting myself..... :rotfl:

Enjoy today.

I've been on here entirely too much today, but I'm waiting for the plumber that never showed up yesterday. I could spend my time finishing laundry but I'm not really interested in that.

Darcy--Next girls' Tahoe weekend is in 2006: June 2,3,4 or it may switch to June 1,2,3,4. You are welcome to join us. If you do get to Elk Grove, let us know. We don't have a mall (yet--it's been in the planning/fighting stages for years now), but there are several in Sacramento. We have non-mall choices, though.

Mokehil.................a REAL treat tonight! Buffalo steak and potatoes with garlic! XLT and I discovered it when we were in our "loose weight for the cruise" mode. A serving of buffalo has fewer fat grams that a chicken breast. We can't get it at the store, so I order it from Minn. (BuffaloGal.com) As with any steak, yu get what you pay for. The fillet is the best. Taste like steak.

Fran

I thought the only place to get buffalo steak was on Catalina. See, you really do learn a LOT on these boards! It's not dis related, but we're camping next Sun/Mon/Tues at Ice House Res. for the No. CA. folks. You are welcome to join us... margaritas and kayaks, sorry no chocolates on the bed (don't want to be bear bait)!

tchrmom said:
. Meanwhile today, I must look around on the web and search for a "Chapperel (sp?) Show" DVD and make SURE that Ron was telling the truth. ;)
Fran

Fran,

I heard it :banana: I came across the Chapelle Show as I was checking the guide - it's on the Comedy Chanel. It was the end of the show, but there was an ad for either Season 1 or Season 2 on DVD and he said that line :cool1: I must admit I may have to catch a whole show to see what all the line is about ;) Are Ron and Dave (your Dave) in the clear :rotfl:

I had to actually cook last night too. Bummer. Sunday night my Aunt took us out to celebrate our anniversary and Alan's birthday which is Thursday. I feel bad for him because Thursday is "golf night". He's in league at work from mid April to mid September.....only locals would golf at 4pm in the summer :sunny: Alan's had to miss the last few Thursdays due to the "re-organization". Last week was a holiday from golf as well. Anyway, on our drive home I told him I didn't have any plans for his actual birthday, the kids and I wanted him to go golfing and Rock Bottom (brewery) like usual on Thursdays, basically assured him he wouldn't "be in trouble" with me if he wanted to golf. The powers that be have gone and scheduled a mandatory off-site all day meeting with a dinner to follow. He'll be missing golf once again!

Amy, more pixie dust to you :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:

Off to finish emptying the last of the suitcases!
Sherry

Arlene and I are planning on going to Disneyland early Sunday morning. The main event for us will be getting the "I was there" pin. If anyone wants to meet up, we'd love to join in the fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter