• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

July 2, 2005 - WE ARE THERE!!!

Sounds like everyone will get to the port before we do. We arrive LAX at 10:30 and then need to jump on Disney Transfer to the port. Sounds like we will be there closer to noon.

Amy, Toss those babies on the bottom of the stroller and cover with a blanket!!!!! My roller cooler is filled with all the neccessary items: champagne, tequila, triple sec, limeade, two bottles are Martinelli's and 2 dozen cliff bars- "Here eat this and please be quiet, Mommy is on vacation!"

My DH has never posted and just teases me mercifully about my planning but he's a super nice guy. He can't help it that he is type B in an etrgen driven type A household. (Do remember we have three girls and Baby Prince John. Even the anilmal "girls" outnumber the boys!) I am now to the point telling him that I just might not have time to schedule that rasul spa treatment....be nice! or else......

Back to packing
Darcy

AmyJ of Ca said:
Darcy, I thought the agreemnet was we were running AWAY from our kids once we hit the terminal? :confused3 Now I'm all confused. LOL :rotfl2:
At first I was concerned that we had a rooms on the "noisy" list but then I realized that most of the noise would be coming from inside our cabins and not outside. My apologies now to anyone that is within earshot of our rooms. (which would be any of the first 4 floors :rotfl: ) Just remember how noisy it must be on the OTHER side of the door and say a small prayer for me and my sanity!! Just the thought of it makes me want to book another spa appointment. :cool1: I've got all the kids packed but have large pile of clothes all over my bedroom that I've got to somehow fit into a couple of suitcases. Wish me luck. I haven't figured out how to get my 2 jugs of Margaritas on board. Would it look tacky if I put them in the bottom of the baby stroller?? :rotfl2: Amy :flower:
It may be tacky but it would make a great picture!
Gotta do whatcha gotta do!

I'm curious what time everyone is shooting for to get to the terminal. I'm having a hard time deciding whether to go early to get a good number for boarding and do the waiting game......or just go later and not stress about it.

Anyone know if you can get your boarding number and then come back later when they start boarding, or have the rest of our group join us closer to boarding time?
Is a boarding number good for our whole group or just my cabin? (we have 4 cabins total)

Jill

Hopefully we will get there about 10:00 AM. In actuality, probably about 11:00 if things go as usual. (kid meltdown, lost something or another, another kid meltdown, Mommy melt down..etc) Hopefully it all goes smoothly. You'll all recognise me. I'll be the one with the bottle clanking together in the bottom of the baby stroller. A girls got to do... See you all on Sat.!! Amy :flower:

I can taste the margaritas already Amy!

We are planning on arriving at the port around 10:00. I've been going back and forth on what to do with the young kids, but based on what I've read about the lines getting longer as the day goes on, earlier sounds better than later. I'm hoping to check in and maybe take the kids somewhere close while we wait to board the ship. :flower: :flower: :flower:

It looks like us locals will keep the thread alive until Saturday!

emily

mokehil said:
We are within 48 hours of chasing kids around the terminal!!
Darcy
Too true! And that time waiting to board the ship will feel like an eternity!

Today was our last day of school, and my two oldest kids are not sure if they should be excited about the cruise or sad about leaving school (no, they're not odd balls... they are changing schools next year and had to say goodbye to many good friends). My oldest was SO SAD that he will not be celebrating 6th grade with his pals. :sad: Both boys are even missing all of the end of school parties because we're leaving for the cruise. I keep telling them to think about all the fun they'll have on the cruise! :banana: :jumping1: :banana: They should be fine by Saturday, but things sure are gloomy around here today. :sad2:

Well, I've gotten the clothes into pile next to the suitcases... I guess I need to actually put stuff IN the bags if we're actually going to leave tomorrow morning as planned. Bye for now!

We'll be there close to 11 (if traffic from Orange behaves well). Amy, we'll be looking for you... let me see, mom in green with baby stroller full of Tequila... that right? We'll be the "almost bald" man in green (totally bald if he decides to shave his head tonight), two look a like sons dressed in green (one is almost as tall as me, the other is about half his brother's height), and me with lime green shirt and toe nails! :rotfl:

Azptcruiser said:
We'll keep the thread towards the top with the few of us that might be left.

Last day of work before vacation starts for myself and Zebramom. Zebramom has several client meetings so will have a long day.

Tomorrow...

Tomorrow morning oldest daughter is coming up from Tucson. She has to "work" this summer. Really an internship in the biochemistry lab; gets paid for sitting watching things spin around. So she will finish her packing when she gets home...what little she has left...and then help the rest of us with ours. In fact she just wrote to me, "My vacation starts with an early morning cup of coffee tomorrow." Starbucks of course.

So much to do and so little time. So how long have we known about this cruise and we are still waiting till the last minute to get everthing done?!?! Did we just find out about it this week?

Keep the thread at the top for those that are left!

FINALLY MY VERY LAST POST UNTIL I BOARD THE MAGIC :banana: :banana: :banana: :jumping1: :dancer: :thewave:
CANt wait hope evrybody who is flying has a safe flight and everyone who is driving has a safe drive!

Drive safely, everyone, and happy flying to those coming by air. My last post will be about 9 am Saturday morning, and then it's off to see the Magic! We should arrive around 10:00 am. I'll be the one carrying around a laminated Stitch :) I'm wearing my lime green t-shirt to our get together, but not for our boarding picture!

Like several others, this is our first cruise. Can hardly wait!! :hourglass

Well, everything is packed and ready to go! We arrive at LAX at 11:40am tomorrow.We're staying in Redondo Beach and leave for the Port 9AM Sat.

Everyone- have a great trip to the port. See you on Saturday!

mokehil said:
I was just looking over our list and it sure looks like Deck 2 aft is going to be party central!! Needalatte, Vanvmom, AmyJ and I are all within a dozen doors. Maybe that is why my rooms are listed as noisy rooms!!! The Promande Lounge is close just in case the kids need to sleep! We are within 48 hours of chasing kids around the terminal!!
Darcy

I noticed the same thing last night as I was going over the list. I vote we find the Deck 2 room that is farthest away from all the others and put all the kids in there. Then go way down the hall to taste test those margaritas. Better yet, maybe find a room on another deck to put them in. Ron, do you want to host a kids-only party in the Roy Disney Suite? :rotfl2:

Seriously, I'm so excited and the kids, noisy or not, are going to have a blast. Can't wait until tomorrow night and our vacation in Buttonwillow! Oh yeah, and that cruise thing, too.

BUMP!
Anyone near 2571..let me know what the noise is like...I don't think it is a "noisy room" but just for info

You are all almost gone...what am I gonna do next week....guess I will have to burn up my own thread...LOL!

Hi All,

Well, I can hardly believe that in just a few short hours I will be on my very first cruise EVER! :cool1: :Pinkbounc The packing is about 60% done but as I have been doing it in fits and spurts, I really need to unpack everything, do an inventory and then repack just to make sure that I have all that we need and have jettisoned whatever we don't. (No, I am not stupidly excited... not me...)

I am also planning to devote a couple of hours tonight to re-reading past posts in this thread and others to make sure that I have all the info regarding what to see, do, eat or miss.

I still need to make 4 door signs but am planning to keep them simple. I also need to assemble my DH's leather pirate hat and do my nails.

Tomorrow I will be meeting up with most of the group that I am traveling with to equip them with pins for trading (I am bringing a pretty fair share just to make sure that we are amply supplied), and to share all my hard won knowledge gleaned from countless hours scouring this board.

I must say that I feel pretty confident that, solely because of the generous sharing of those who have gone before I will be ready to make the most of my 7 days aboard the most "Magic"-al ship to sail the seas. :grouphug:

My DH and I and most of my group are all staying on deck two (we are in 2111) near the elevators from what I could tell by looking on the DCL website.

I am bringing a bunch of party poppers (I checked with DCL and they said that those and confetti/streamers are fine) to use for sail-away and also for the 4th. I am also going to bring some glow sticks/bracelets for the kids for the nighttime parties. Just hunt me down and if I still have some I will be happy to share!

We will be leaving from Claremont, CA (about 1 hour give or take) at between 9:30 & 10 am on Saturday. Dr. Maass (my best friend Barrett's MIL who invited us all on the cruise) decided that it would be fun if we all traveled down to the ship together so we will be traveling in style in a limo coach bus!

I can therefore consider that my cruise experience will begin as soon as my luggage is loaded and we are safely on the road.

I do think that a little pixie dust :wizard: (and a lot of good wishes) need to be sent Barrett's way as she and her family just returned from a cross country drive from Portland, OR to Southern California arriving this AM. She still needs to pack for herself, her DH & DS & DD, do laundry and accomplish a myriad of tasks both small and large by days end tomorrow. She is going to really need this vacation!

I will probably post a couple times more before Saturday arrives and want to wish all who are traveling (by whatever means) a safe journey. I am looking forward to meeting you and to what I am sure will be one of the best vacations of my life.

Take care,

Tisza

Azptcruiser said:
Tomorrow morning oldest daughter is coming up from Tucson. She has to "work" this summer. Really an internship in the biochemistry lab; gets paid for sitting watching things spin around.

Now, that's not entirely true! If we just sat around watching things spin, we wouldn't have time for eating free food and chit-chatting! ;)

Keep the thread at the top for those that are left!

Well, I'm sitting here packing for the shuttle tomorrow - vacation is almost here! It'll be great to finally put faces to all these names.

Greetings.

I just finished another 12 hour day of work - real work. Unlike my daughter (Ashley) I work very hard and am lucky if I have time for a lunch break. I can say I am truely on vacation. I can hardly wait. I have so much to do tomorrow. If I forget something I'll just have to do without it. I have a manicure and peticure scheduled for on board at the spa. Otherwise there is no time. I know they are more on board, but its part of "vacation mode".

The door decor is about 1/2 way done... Just some more details.You'll have to come by and take a look. Nametags still need to be finished up too.

Mokehil - how much are the Disney transfers from LAX to the pier.....

Meskamooska - We are also on level two - 2028. Our room opens to the elevators on the Forward end. I think there are quite a few of us "board people" on level 2. I personally like being able to see the water. It is very tranquil and adds to the cruise experience. When we last sailed we were on deck five... I liked the conveience of taking the stairs most of the time but, I missed the view of the water.

More tomorrow.... we will still post til at least Saturday am

Vickie ::MickeyMo

Zebramom said:
Mokehil - how much are the Disney transfers from LAX to the pier.....

Vickie ::MickeyMo

:confused3 I don't know how much. I think I have read that they are $59 RT per person. Not sure how you would go about it at this late date. I have a voucher in my cruise documents.

I was glad no to have to worry about it, but I am not sure how frequently they leave the airport and that might add up to a delay to the port. Would be nice if we had a special line, but I have not heard anything about that....

I will be happy when I get to the port knowing I made it. :banana: :banana:

We are packed; I am not unpacking, just adding to it. Either it's good or it's not. I know I have PLENTY of sunscreen, three books, and tequila. Can't think of much anything else I would need!! :cool1:

DH only has a half day of work....hopefully. Even he is already packed!! :cheer2:

I will be eager to hear about everyone's DL visits. :Pinkbounc :bounce:

Soon we will be on the road too. :moped:

Hi everyone! Glad to see there are still a few of us around. Nice to see some people from Arizona as well. I packed my bags (and had to re-pack a time or so) as my suitcases are small and don't hold all that they should. I am tired but having a hard time sleeping knowing all of the work to be done tomorrow morning prior to my departure. What does everyone want to see first when they board the ship? Hope to keep this thread alive until the very last minute....

:banana: Doing the VACATION DANCE :banana: It is official, today was my last day of work. Tomorrow we will be on the road to our vacation at Buttonwillow with Betsy and her family - oh yes there may be a CRUISE ship in our future also. :cool2: First, have to drive my DW to work, wash the car, do final shopping for goodies for road trip, watch DS final game at Basketball camp (his team is in the championship), make final post on thread, pack car, lock up house, pick up wife from work.... and were off :moped:

We plan to be at the terminal between 10 to 11, if traffic obeys.

We will be looking for the stroller, for we all know what it truly holds, liquid gold. :worship:

We are also on Deck 2 - room 2133 (aft) - inside cabin, no view of the water :sad2: , well will have to find the private deck on 7 or spend time on the good looking deck chairs on 4.

Everyone have a safe trip... talk with you all one more time tomorrow, and them finally get to meet you all - looking forward to it.... :grouphug:

Jim

Suitcase? Oh yeah that thing that I have tripped over for the past couple of weeks. Still a bit to early to pack, so I will trip over them for a while longer.

I am glad that there are others that are better off than we as it relates to the packing situation. We will make it though. We have until 6am Saturday morning!

Hi All,

Duh! I did not realize that our deck was above the water. Of course, now that I think about it Barrett's family has an outside cabin with a porthole and it would be pretty boring if they had no view...

We are almost all packed. On the down side, we don't have quite enough space. :confused3 We really could have done with one more bag, but DH would not let me get one today :sad2: even though they have a four bag set at Ralphs that is $39 with your Ralphs card. Comes with two large rolling pullmans, one small rolling pullman, a small carryon and a free lock. I may sneak out tomorrow and pick it up despite his objections.

On the upside, most of what is in our carryon luggage will not be carried off. :banana: My DH's wine for the trip, wine for the party and other goodies (like the goodie bags) will be making a one-way journey so when they are gone I will have two pieces of empty luggage. And, you all know how nature abhors a vacuum (hmm, I think if you listen really hard you can hear the gentle swish of a KTTW card as it is slid through a card reader...).

I still need to finish the hat and to do my nails but I will get both done before I turn in tonight.

I am officially counting the hours and according to eastern time it is already Friday so I can now officially say that I have only 1 more day until our adventure begins! :cheer2:

Take care and drive/fly/ride safe.

Tisza

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter