• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

July 2, 2005 - WE ARE THERE!!!

Thanks for the name tags Vickie - my dds name is Maria - I did not list her name since she will not be in the Roy Suite meet. Will be with me of course at the dismeet - just in case you need/want it. She is wondering since this is her third time on the Magic if she will still get lost.

Jim, thanks again for the updated list, just ran out of ink as it was finishing printing last page. Can definitely see it. Hopefully will have time to run out and buy ink today rather than when we come back and will be too busy.

Vicki...........great list!!! Thanks for doing that. Our DS is Steven, and we are attending the "Roy" party. (Dave and Fran....not the kids)

We're pretty excited here. It felt like I woke up a million times last night, with "vacation" thoughts running through my head.

XLT works today. Kelly has a gymnastics "thing-y" this afternoon. Pizza for dinner. (Remember.....vacation mode) Then I take XLT to work tomorrow. DD and I get pedicures tomorrow morning. Drop dog at the "doggie resort". (OK, at the vet's) Go pick up XLT and go to the airport!!!!! :banana:
Tomorrow night, we'll be sleeping in DisneyLand!!!!!!! :cheer2:

After planning this for over a year.....I can't believe it is almost here.

Happy Monday!
Fran
:teacher:

Vickie, thanks for all the work on the name tags! : :earsgirl:

Amy, I am up for "on the rocks', I must confess that I have never tasted a margarita, but I guess it is never to late to try something new...just let me know how I can help. :drinking1

tchrmom, XLT, and family have a wonderful trip. :earsboy:

Ron and David, thanks for opening up your suite for the party, it sure is a generous thing for you to do. :flower:

Jim, the list is fantastic, thanks for all the hard work :worship:

and finally to everyone, thanks for helping to make this time go faster, it seems I have been planning this cruise forever and you have made the experience very enjoyable...Thanks and safe trip to all. ::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo

Angie

MinnieMart said:
hi! we had a bomb of clothes also last night. and figured out that dana dh, neede more shorts since he lost 60 lbs last yr. so off to the mall we went and i also got one more skirt for palos brunh!! also, eveyone has to bring an over abundance of underare! cause this mamma aint doin any laundry!!! yes we are bringing beach towel. we have 2 from the previos cruise and hopefully castaway club will give us another. read on the re dis board all about the krystal hotel that is right near where we dock in pv. tchrmom we will look for you at paradise pier! i'm 5ft 1 and dh is 6ft3! we plan to tour LA maybe wed or thurs. well time to do wash now as i am yelling at everyone to stop wearing clothes that they are bring with them!! i will check in tororrow and again like eveyone is saying thanks to all of you for being our friends on line as we have all prared to thes fantastic cruise!! sweet dreams of the horn! and a cocktail of course! lisa

Lisa, I'm not doing any laundry on my vacation either!!! If there can be a no eating at home 2 days before a vacation rule, why can't we have a no wearing clothes 2 days before vacation rule? I have 6 loads lined up for me to do today...but first I'm off to Disneyland with DS! I've got my priorities right. We'll be back by 11 am so he can work out, then I'll be singing the washboard blues.

This time next week there will be people to wait on me! :bounce:

I went to California Adventure yesterday with Arlene to see the Block Party Bash. It was very high energy and fun. The kids got to participate by dancing and jumping with the cast members. A lot of fun! We only waited about 45 minutes for the 5:30 show in the "green" area across from "It's a Bug's Life." That's very short compared to the time committment that goes into waiting for the parade in Disneyland. However, Arlene and I both agreed that once was enough to see the Block Party Bash, but we'd like to see the Disneyland parade several more times.

Thank you Vicki for the name tags and the name list. I appreciate all your effort to make the introductions smooth. There is no way I would have time to take on that huge effort! :worship:

Jim, Your weekly list updates have been wonderful. That too took a tremendous amount of effort and dedication. :worship:

:love: Thank you to all for showing me the ropes. This is our first cruise EVER and there was so much to learn. I have my Palo scheduled, your recomendations. You comforted me when I was worried about my kids wandering the ship at night. You helped me make my packing lists. Mostly, you took the time out of your day and you formed a freindship online. My DH teases me about all the little things I am doing to get ready, but I know that even though this is our first cruise I will not be lost or missing anything I don't want to miss. I am excited to have a sign on our door. (Hope the printer can print them, that's still on the list of things to do.)

:wizard: My biggest surprise came on the day when Ron and David invited us to the Roy Disney Suite for a party. I thought that the closest I would get to that room was on the Disney DVD. I am also looking forward to the excusions with familar faces. Did we set a time to meet?

:flower: Amy I'm in for maragritas. Anyone know where I can buy a softsider cooler on wheels that is carry-on size? My plan was to put all the alcohol in that and carry it on the plane (No ice).

We are very close to packing, I packed the firstaid pak and the other neccessary meds yesterday.

The shampoo comes in little packets you rip open? I will be bringing our own as I don't want to be in the shower helping all the kids open those packets with my teeth. :teeth:

Everyone have very safe travels. May all the suitcases zip! See you all very soon.

Darcy

Zebramom said:
Is everyone packed and ready to go?

The following is a list I have put together to make the name tags from.

Screen Name ------Family Members-----Sat. Meet (X)----Mon. Party(*)

Needalatte----------Betsy X *
-------------------- Larry X *
-------------------- Eric X

XLT800 ------------- Dave X
Trchrmom ----------- Fran X
--------------------- Kelly X
--------------------- Son 13 - have no name X

Judalyne-------------- Judy X *
---------------------- Arlene X *

Vanvmom-------------- Wendy X *
----------------------- Tim X *
----------------------- Jake X
----------------------- Connor X
----------------------- Riley X

Zebramom ------------- Vickie X *
AZPTCruiser ----------- Ben X *
Ashelle ---------------- Ashley X *
Buginarug -------------- Aubrey X *

DisneyNut1955 --------- David *

LegalBriefs ------------- Ron *

4FosterKids ----------- Jill X *
----------------------- Steve X *
----------------------- kid - no name? X
----------------------- Jordan X *
----------------------- Jennifer X *
---------------------- Tim X *
----------------------- Dennis X *
----------------------- Sauni X *

AOP157---------------- Wendy X *
----------------------- Russ X *
----------------------- Matthew X *
----------------------- Andrew X *
---------------------- Daughter - no name? X
----------------------- Marilyn X *
----------------------- Sandy X *

LongFamily------------- Karen X *
----------------------- Arthur X *
----------------------- Kennedy X

AnnaS ---------------- Anna *
----------------------- Gaspare *
-----------------------Iggy *
---------------------- Ambro *

Meskamooska----------Tisza X *
-----------------------Mel X *
-----------------------Susan X *
----------------------- Larry X *
---------------------- Barrett X *
----------------------- Ken X *
----------------------- Serena X *
----------------------- Chad X *
----------------------- Stephanie X *
----------------------- Ron X *
----------------------- Elizabeth X *
----------------------- William Joseph X *

Cruzings--------------- Pam *
----------------------- Geoff *

Wdw1014 ------------- Angie X *
----------------------- Greg X *
----------------------- Brock X *

DopeyMama ----------- Emily X *
------------------------Todd X *
------------------------ Kid - No name ? X
-------------------------Kid - No name ? X

VetsWithPets------------Ron X *
-------------------------Sue X *
-------------------------Crystal X
-------------------------Ryan X

KnowledgeOnPaper -------Leo X
-------------------------Amy X
-------------------------Shannon X

DareTooDream------------Sherry X *
-------------------------Alan X *
-------------------------Shane X
------------------------- Bryce X

AmyJof CA --------------Amy X
------------------------ Brice X
-------------------------Kenny X
------------------------ Abby X
------------------------ Melissa X
------------------------ Grace X
------------------------ Mil X
-------------------------Tiffany X
-------------------------Jeff X
-------------------------Jacob X
------------------------ Arrianna X

MinnieMart---------------Lisa *
-------------------------Dana *
------------------------ Alison *
DisneyGirl421 ----------- Laura *

Mokehil ---------------- Darcy X *
-------------------------Kent X *
------------------------ Keely X
-------------------------Catherine X
-------------------------Maderine X
------------------------ John X

ClarrisRaymundo -------- Clarrisa X *
-------------------------Jojo X *
------------------------ Mikey X
------------------------ Sam X
------------------------ Toni X

Jgiants21----------------Jim X *
-------------------------Mona X *
------------------------- Kim X
------------------------- Adam X

Let me know if there are any changes
Vickie ::MickeyMo

So much for my pretty little chart, none of the spaces that I made come out when I post trhis message. I hope you can understand my makeshift list.

Great list!! I have one change. Mil should be Pat. (She's my Mother in Law,Mil) :earsgirl: She probably wouldn't see the humor if we all called her Mil all week. :rotfl: Actually, she's great and helps with the little ones a lot and I have no complaints.
As for the Margaritas...Do you think a gallon of tequila would be too much?? :rotfl2: See you all in a few days. Amy :flower:

Darcy.....I saw a soft sided cooler on wheels at Sam's club this past weekend. It folded for storage and looked nice.

Packing is done, all batteries are charged. Miracles do happen.....we ended up with only 7 bags to check although I also ended up with 1 more carry on bag than planned. Kelly seems to think that she will watch dvd's, listen to music, read a book, draw pictures and play word games. My guess is that she will fall asleep.

If I remember right, Lisa is the first to leave in the morning...safe travels for you.

Dave

Vickie- thanks for making the name tags. My daughter's name is Amy.
Jim- thanks for updating the list.

We're leaving on Friday.
For everyone leaving in the next couple of days- have a great trip!

Amy - you cracked me up with the MIL name tag. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: too funny.

Darcy - you cracked me up also about the times I also tried to wrip those shampoo/conditioners open with my teeth. :rotfl: :rotfl:

Fran, XLT and Lisa and family - have a safe trip - can't wait to meet everyone.

I envy everyone who lives close to DL to visit for the day or WDW and can also make daily visits.

I am sure if anyone forgets to bring something - one of us will have it.

Even though we don't leave til Friday am (van picking us up at 6:15 am) - I know the time has come :hourglass

I have also enjoyed "meeting" everyone here and I really appreciate all the time and effort put into the "cruise List", "name tags", drinks, ideas, suggestions/reminders and Ron and David for opening up their home to us. Wendy - AOIP57 - we have planned this together since our first cruise - I want to thank you for taking the time to make many calls after I e-mailed you the links/websites.

I also hope for those of us doing Randis that we can meet up on the ship before disembarking.

Will try to stop by again later.

4fosterkids said:
My lists are quickly turning into reality and I've come across a few questions, some of them maybe repeats but I don't have the time to go back and try to find the answers:
Shoes for teens? Do they need "dressy" shoes for any of the nights? My older sons consider their "good black vans tennies" to be their dressy shoes, and I hate to spend more money on shoes they won't wear again.

Any younger girls bringing any princess dresses to wear and what princesses are usually on board?

Anyone bringing beach towels from home or are the ship towels fine?

There are soap/shampoo toiletry samples in our rooms, I noticed these listed on a previous posted list, is that just because they want their "home" brand or do they no longer offer these? ( at this point any room I can save the better!)

Thanks for everyones help. The weather in Orange County is fabulous again today.....nice & sunny! :sunny:

Jill

One note about the toiletries supplied in the rooms, I am not sure about the catagory 4 and up rooms (I am told there are different brand products there), but in the catagory 1-3 the toiletries all have Eucaliptus, so, if you are allergic to Eucaliptus (as I am) you want to be sure to bring your own products... I am probably the only person with this issue, but I thought I'd mention it in case someone else is allergic to it too... :confused3

I know DH thinks I'm a little crazy for all of the time I've spent on this board, but I've loved "meeting" everyone. It has made planning for our first cruise much easier (& more fun)! :banana:

Best wished to those leaving today and tomorrow. You'll love the firework show! :wizard:

Just a few more days for us :cool1: :cheer2: :jumping1:

Hey all... WE are really looking forward to seeing you all in our suite on the 4th, it will be a lot of fun...! We might have to shoehorn you all in, but we will make it work...! And, it is certainly our pleasure to host it for all of you nice folks! We need nothing by way of thanks except your company! (although, being single, if y'all happen to come accross any nice single ladies (translated from male, this means cute) send them my way! :love1: LOL.... don't worry about Dave, introduce them to me! I need someone to dance with in the club at night! LOL... :banana: )

The day we board I will likely not be in all green, :bounce: but look for my green DIS t-shirt underneath my blue sweatsuit... I like to be comfortable when I board! LOL... :cool1: Count me in for the Saturday meet and greet as well... I just forgot to mention I'd be there!

Should we also plan a night to get together in Rockin' Bar D? Like maybe 70's night or something fun like that? Kind of an adult drink, mingle and dance? Just a thought.... :groom:

Ron- a get together in Rockin Bar D sounds great. I love the 70's show.
My DS Andrew(16) passed his road test today. He's quite happy.
Almost done packing. Just a few things left. Can't wait to meet everyone!

Safe travels for everyone about to leave.

Vickie:
My DSs names are
Hunter : 5 years
Aaron: 2 years

Thanks for taking the time to make them!

Can't wait to see everyone at the first meeting and put faces with names.

Emily

For those who have already packed I'm sooooo jealous! I haven't even made my packing list yet. Hopefully I will start in the next day or two. :guilty:

We're packed, ready to go. All suitcases are ready to go! I just might consider some of Dave and Jim's Crown and coke to help me sleep tonight!!!!!!

70's show sounds good to me!!! See me about Dave and his "John Travolta" act on the October cruise!!!!! TOO FUNNY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I even think somewhere, I could get you some video of that!!!! :rotfl: :rotfl:

Good Night to all...................Can't wait to meet all of you!!!!!!!!!

Fran
:teacher:

well ditto that above message! we are all packed suitcases are all downstairs car service is coming at 6am! see you all very soon! lisa

Vickie, my two DDs are:
Isabelle (10) and Danielle (6)

to Vickie and Jim, we appreciate all your efforts in organizing our meetings on the ship.

We'll see you all very soon. I am nor done packing yet....but am done shopping!

:thewave:

We are almost There only 3 days until we fly off!!!! My suitcase is done now I only have 2 wait for my brothers dad and mom....i think. Jst killing time b4 now amd friday. See u all soon :jumping1: :dancer: :jumping3: :jumping2:

Can you believe it? Post 1100! I can remember the day that Jim said "Look it is the 200th post!" Gone long are the days we would fall to page two!!

Found a softsider cooler at Costco! (No Sam's Club anywhere near all my errands today. I bought some tequila (not the gallon size), some triple sec, and limeade mix. It even has a leak-proof liner. Almost ready!

Darcy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter