• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

July 2, 2005 - WE ARE THERE!!!

DareTooDream said:
I saw on one of the recent Navigators there's a teen sunset cruise excursion in PV. Can that be booked ahead? Any teens interested?

DareTooDream= My dad booked me for that excursion a few days ago online. I did one like that on the western 7 days in '03 when we went and had an awesome time, so when I saw there were doing another one, I was def. gonna do it.

Vanvmom said:
Wow! :worship: That gift makes the Trader Joe's gift certificates we give our sons' teachers look downright dull! :blush: I wish I were that talented (and my sons' teachers probably do too) :teeth:

BTW - Welcome to the group! We're looking forward to meeting everyone and having faces to go with the names. DH thinks I'm crazy when I mention names of the people in this forum in conversation (secretly, I think he is a lurker on the site - reading but not posting). :ssst:

As for theme night, I'm thinking at this point I'm going to bail on the pirate costumes. pirate: I loved the costume ideas posted on here, but I'm a little overwhelmed trying to get costumes together for all 5 of us. I'm not a party pooper, and really not the shy type (in fact some have even called me rather "dramatic"). I'm just plain out of time to shop more :scared1: Yes, it shocks even me to admit that one. We'll just go for the tropical look (we all have it already). :teeth:

Jim, thanks for the birthday greeting for Mikey. His final exams today. I will show him your thread. Thanks ladies for the wonderful ideas for autographs- pillowcases and photo mats. That's great! I did not realize guest services did that. I learn so many things through this discussion board. It sure is busy today. I guess everyone is as excited as we are........no docs yet...... :sad2: :sad2: :sad2:

YIPPEE! I'm doing the cruise doc dance :banana: :banana: :banana:

We have our cute little Disney Box filled with our cute little Cruise docs!

I'm starting to think they will never get here! Can you believe were almost down to two weeks to go? :rolleyes:

Hello All,

Well I am doing the happy dance :cool1: Jumping for joy :Pinkbounc, Cheering :cheer2: Whistling a happy tune :rolleyes1 and otherwise celebrating :banana: :wizard: :flower: Our Cruise Docs were given to us today!

I am currently in the process of reading every word of the Passport to Disney Magic. I do see some questions that I will need to call those wonderful folks at Disney Cruise Reservations about like, does a garment bag constitute an additional suitcase as in two suitcases per person. If I am bringing aboard soda or wine does that need to be packed in a bag or will a wine box do? Do they still sell the unlimited beverage sticker for your KTTW and if so, how much does it cost? If I bring my own wine on board and don't use it all, does that count as part of my 1 liter? When is dining dining? (As in Stateroom dining is available 24 hours a day, i.e. when do we pay for an order above the tip?) If my hubby wants to bring a glass of wine into the dining room either from the stateroom or from a bar will he be charged the corking fee? Is the corking fee charged even if we open the bottle ourselves (with our own brought from home corkscrew)? Can you use your phone to call from stateroom to stateroom and is there a cost for that? Ahh...so many questions.

Well, it is now 12:03 here in Claremont CA and that makes me officially one day closer to our cruise so I think I had better finish reading my Passport so that I can start again from the beginning (no, I'm not obsessive, no, not me...)

I will be sending buckets, barrels, even truckloads of Pixie dust to everyone who is still waiting for their little bundles to arrive!

Take care all & have a super day!

Tisza

Hi All,

Well, in reading previous threads I ran into folks talking about exchanging sailaway gifts and wondered if anyone on my cruise was interested in doing the same thing. If you are interested, please let me know so that I can get an idea of how many people want to play and whether it is kids or grownups or one complete family group involved.

This sounds like alot of fun to me, kind of like "Secret Santa". Talk to you all later.

Take care,

Tisza

Meskamooska said:
Hi All,

Well, in reading previous threads I ran into folks talking about exchanging sailaway gifts and wondered if anyone on my cruise was interested in doing the same thing. If you are interested, please let me know so that I can get an idea of how many people want to play and whether it is kids or grownups or one complete family group involved.

This sounds like alot of fun to me, kind of like "Secret Santa". Talk to you all later.

Take care,

Tisza

I am planning on bringing a little something for all the kids at our Dis meet. Other than that and it's too much for me to try and accomplish before we leave. My head is already feeling like it's going to explode because I have so much to do still but my kids classes have been so busy this week with all the year end fun and I'm the room Mom for both of their classes. PLEASE!!! Let Friday get here already. If I have to fill up one more water balloon, I think I may scream!! Just one more day..Just one more day..Oh yeah, Make it two more days, we have a Cub Scout Picnic on Saturday. (I haven't even gone down and gotten copies of the babies birth cert yet!! I need this vacation now but I also need an extra week to get ready for it. :scared: :scared1: Amy :flower:

I know we already discussed this but what time are we expected into PV?

I wrote to Sylvie (ziplines, Los Veranos) concerning whether I needed to reserve a second tour time in the event that John does not make the size cut off.

Long story short, I put wrong date (July 2) and that caused my reservation to be lost... of course, that is because it is for the 5th! She found it, but then mentioned that she likes to book cruise people for 11 am.

I need to tell her when the ship arrives into PV. I DID get the impression she would change our time to 11 (all of us) but I DO NOT WANT to change you guys unless it is ok. I recall that a family is scheduled for 11 but never wrote down their name. Please remind me!

Jim and Dave/ Fran do you want to change to 11? The whole PV vs. ship time makes Sylvie nervous. I know we do change ship time to local time. Since my docs are in the mail, maybe today, could someone please confirm the port time arrival into PV for me?

BTW I am not at all concerned about getting back to ship in time even if we have an early departure and I need to do two tour times. John has been practicing standing VERY tall!

Should we change to 11?

OT-- Yosemite- Water- Incredible. If anyone one has a chance to get there it is totally worth the long drive even if you only stay for the day. You valley folks should try for a roadtrip soon if it is at all possible. Bridalveil Falls was so big that you needed raingear to walk to the bottom of it and them the mist was so powerful that you could not even see the falls. The improvements made to lower Yosemite Falls trails are fantastic. The water hydralics of the falls created a wind so powerful it could blow your hat off your head. For you rafters, the river is raging and I would not take my kids down it at these levels.

Last night I could not get onto the boards at all, anyone else have that problem?

Darcy

Darcy.............

I checked our docs..........(had to wipe the dust off them....(sorry Jim, I could not resist). According to them, we arrive in PV at 8:00. We should be fine. Personally, XLT and I would rather keep the 10:00 time

Another sunny day in Tampa. SO different from last week!

Fran
:teacher:

docs are in so we're official. :cool1: It's drizzling in L.A. and it has been gloomy all week. Like the rain we had this year, June gloom is getting annoying. We want sun :sunny: Hope the cruise is sunny.

So how much alcohol can we bring on the ship?

Leo

Darcy - Our family and Needalatte's family are the group booked at 11 to Los Veranos. I tried to get our group booked for 10am like the rest of you, but there was no more space for us. She told us that we have to meet at the Pemex Gas Station at 11 (about 20 minutes from the pier by taxi).

Of course if our docs don't arrive soon... planning an excursion may be pointless! :rolleyes1

tchrmom said:
I checked our docs..........(had to wipe the dust off them....(sorry Jim, I could not resist). According to them, we arrive in PV at 8:00. We should be fine. Personally, XLT and I would rather keep the 10:00 time
Fran
:teacher:

Thanks for the time info. I too would like to keep the 10 am too. Also the June 11 thread said they got in a 7am and were lgetting of the ship by 7:30. That's PLENTY of time. CACruising is doing the tour (and Randi's) June 18 and will report back on any necessary details we should know. :Pinkbounc

Vanumom and Needalatte, I will ask Sylvie is there really no more room for you. I let you know what she says. I will NOT change your time for you only find out if it is possible.

Jim, I am planning on buying you a drink because of all the stress you are having to endure waiting for docs! :drinking1 In fact, I think that would be the better RULE: Everyone buys a drink for the last person to get docs. It would certaining erase the pain and suffering cause from the worry and it could provide more hours of entertainment for the rest of us! :rotfl2:

Darcy

mokehil said:
Vanumom and Needalatte, I will ask Sylvie is there really no more room for you. I let you know what she says. I will NOT change your time for you only find out if it is possible.

Jim, I am planning on buying you a drink because of all the stress you are having to endure waiting for docs! :drinking1 In fact, I think that would be the better RULE: Everyone buys a drink for the last person to get docs. It would certaining erase the pain and suffering cause from the worry and it could provide more hours of entertainment for the rest of us! :rotfl2:

Darcy

If there is room on the 10:00 canopy tour, (I think I can speak for all of our group), we would love to be part of it. There are seven of us.

I will happily buy a drink for the last person who gets their docs. With a group this big, that should keep him/her well supplied all week! :drinking1 :drinking1 :drinking1 :drinking1 :drinking1 :drinking1 :crazy:

needalatte said:
I will happily buy a drink for the last person who gets their docs. With a group this big, that should keep him/her well supplied all week! :drinking1 :crazy:

My picture was so different :teeth: : We all buy him a drink at the DIS meet , line them up on the rail :drinking1 :drinking1 :drinking1 :drinking1 :drinking1 and watch him "walk" :rotfl: to the Muster Drill! :rotfl2:
Sure hope he paces himself in the terminal!

Aside, still waiting to hear back from Sylvie.

Darcy

Welcome to California Guys!! :flower: We just had another EARTHQUAKE!! Hold on tight!! LOL Amy :flower:

That one we felt pretty strong here but no damage. Let's hope it settle down before you all get out here. :thewave: :jumping1: It was kind of a combo of these a little wavy and a jolt or two with some bouncing!!

No matter how long I've lived here in socal, I will NEVER get used to the ground moving. Too many earthquakes in the past week!!

Good News: :cool1: I just checked my reservation online, and we've been moved to early seating from later seating!!!! With a 2 and 4 year old, I'm very excited! I won't have to worry about rushing and trying to change when we board the ship :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

AmyJ of Ca said:
I am planning on bringing a little something for all the kids at our Dis meet. Other than that and it's too much for me to try and accomplish before we leave. My head is already feeling like it's going to explode because I have so much to do still but my kids classes have been so busy this week with all the year end fun and I'm the room Mom for both of their classes. PLEASE!!! Let Friday get here already. If I have to fill up one more water balloon, I think I may scream!! Just one more day..Just one more day..Oh yeah, Make it two more days, we have a Cub Scout Picnic on Saturday. (I haven't even gone down and gotten copies of the babies birth cert yet!! I need this vacation now but I also need an extra week to get ready for it. :scared: :scared1: Amy :flower:
I had already bought a little something for each cabin of a Disboarder family, back when our group was 70 something......boy have we grown since then. I'm not sure if we will bring it to the Sat get together or the 4th of July party. We are decorating the room doors (mainly for the kids to locate us down the long halls) but for fun too. There are some great pictures posted on another board of previous cruisers doors.

Amy, I'm with ya in the crazyness of this last week of school. Between the final field trips, awards ceremonies, graduations, class parties and helping at the schools (I have 3 in 3 different schools this year).....my week has been unbelievably out of control. I'm exhausted! Once I get past this weekend.....hopefully things will calm a bit and I can knock off a few million more things from my "to do" list.
Jill

mokehil said:
Thanks for the time info. I too would like to keep the 10 am too. Also the June 11 thread said they got in a 7am and were lgetting of the ship by 7:30. That's PLENTY of time. CACruising is doing the tour (and Randi's) June 18 and will report back on any necessary details we should know. :Pinkbounc

Darcy

Hello Darcy. I'm with buying Jim a drink or the last person who gets the docs...........cause we have not received ours yet! :scared1: :sad1: :scared: If we're the last ones who gets the docs, I'll let Jim take my share since I'm really not a good drinker....one margarita and I'll be dancing on the tables. Jojo can drink a few but I need his sanity to help me look after the little ones. Seriously, I think that's a wonderful idea, to make up for the worrying, anxiety and suffering of waiting, the last person to get the docs gets to enjoy free drinks!!! :drinking: :crazy2: :faint:

Amy and Tisza, it'll be nice to bring some small souvenirs to remember everyone by. We should put a price limit to it, it does not have to be expensive but something that will remind us of that one person we met at the DisMeet. We should collect them and place them in a bag and raffle them out.......just an idea........(I'll try to stop by a souvenir store and get some Canadian pins.)

Can someone please tell me who Sylvie is and what excursion or tour this is about in PV?

Thanks......I'm so looking forward to meeting you all........

Sylvie is the contact person for the Los Veranos Canopy Tour (ziplines) that we are doing on our own. It is simliar to the canopy excursion offered by Disney. Los Veranos is cheaper and has a younger age limit. We must provide own transportation (taxi) to the pickup point.

I thought about a small gift for families but assumed there was no interest and crossed it off my to do list. I will put it back on the list and see if i can pull something off. Putting my thinking cap on now!

Darcy

I love the raffle idea for kids. My son was at a bday party recently and they did a raffle. All the kids loved it! I'll add something small to bring to my packing list (somehow my list keeps expanding expontentially!)

Emily

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter