• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

July 2, 2005 - WE ARE THERE!!!

Darcy

Okay - I am not sure, when they say no shorts and no tank tops - I, for some reason, think no shorts for men/women but as far as tank tops - perhaps referring to men wearing them - perhaps even the casual type for ladies. But we wear sleeveless tops with dress pants/capris and we wear sleeveless or spaghetti strap dresses. If you can talk them out of it, fine, if not - don't fight/argue over it. They are wearing them with a skirt and they do have pretty/dressy ones - sorry it's long and not sure if this is making sense of what I am thinking and trying to say :rolleyes:

They will or should be bringing something light (wrap/jacket) anyway, we have found it to be a bit cool having dinners and in the theatre. I had to go back to cabin one night for my dd's sweater when I forgot to bring it.

Any other opinions? :bitelip:

Legalbriefs - glad to see you checking in :goodvibes . Good luck with your competition - exactly what are you competing in? :confused3

Monday - 1:30 your suite :teeth: (we would come after our Palo brunch)sounds good. An evening time would be after late dinner time, yes? Let's see what eveyone says. We were all discussing wine here - we will do our best to get one there - we can always purchase one on board.

We were complaining about the cold here about a week ago, now it is extremely hot, too hot and humid for this time. Spend almost all day in PA yesterday, wedding tonite, pool filter problems :sad2: , hard to get much done around here.

Jim, when you update list again - please email.

Jim-great job with the list- 7 of us wiil attend the dis meet. My parents are Marilyn(75) and Sandy76).

Legalbriefs- Monday at 1:30 sounds good.

mokehil- I had the tank top discussion with my DD(13). We decided if she pairs the tank tops with a skirt or capris and sandal with a little heel she can wear them

Thanks for the weigh in on the tank tops. It's great to know I was not the only one dealing with the issue. My dd12 and dd14 have become very convincing in their arguements over the last few weeks. What each of you is saying were the reasons doubt was slipping in. I will continue to tell them we'll see, what others are wearing and how much they look neat, "dressy" and appriorate.

legalbriefs- 1:15 is fine for us. I'll send kids to club/lab/stack for an hour or two. We also have late seating. What a way to celebrate the 4th of July! Much success in Little Rock. Boy you DO keep busy.

Darcy

Legalbriefs,
Monday at 1:15 is fine with us. We have brunch at Palo and would come right after that. I can't wait.

Well, I talked dh and ds22 into lime green. Went shopping today and found an outfit for me (white and lime green) and shirts for dh and ds22. The ds17 and friend are still against the wearing of the green. Oh, well at least I got 3 out of 5. I have also talked everyone into pirate costumes...Ds17 already has a costume since a dance at school was a pirate theme and I will whip something up for the rest of us. Nothing to fancy because my talents are limited.

Mokhil,
Even though I have no girls, I think those dressy tanks are so cute, with a skirt or capris they look great. (Just my opinion, but I say let the girls wear them)

wdw1014 Well said:
A teen wouldn't be a teen if he/she didn't rebel against Mom and Dad over something. If this turns out to be the worst you have to deal with, you're doing great! And, I think you did pretty well getting the others into lime green! :cool1:

My DH picked out his lime green yesterday. :love2: It's actually a Hawaiian print with navy and lots of green, but he's happy and says he'll actually wear it more than once, so it works for me. I guess you just have to accept people whereever they are and hope they eventually see the light! :earsboy:

Betsy and Angie, I so proud of you for talking you family into the lime green shirts! :bounce:

Ron, Count us in for the 1:15 get together (GOOD LUCK IN THE TOURNEY) - Only a suggestion, but should we theme the party to be a Forth of July Party - Everyone wearing red white and blue if they could. I know this group is not much of wine drinkers, but I would be glad to supply at least 3 t0 4 bottle... just let me know. I know Dave you will bring the Crown Royal for the crown and cokes! :rolleyes1

Here is the first list of two for the day... This list is the current DIS members who have mentioned they will be at the Sat Dis Meet. :grouphug:

CRUISE MEET LIST FOR SATURDAY JULY 2 @ 3:00
• AnnaS – ~~~ (5)

• AmyJ of Ca – ~~~(7)

• XLT800 & tchrmon – ~~~(4)

• Jgiants21 – ~~~(4)

• Wdw1014 – ~~~(3)

• Mokehil – ~~~(6)

• Judalyne - ~~~(2)

• Vanvmom – ~~~(5)

• Needalatte – ~~~(3)

• Longfamily - ~~~(3)

• DareTooDream - ~~~(4)

• AOPI57 – ~~~(7)

Jim

Here is the second list for the Day... I have adjusted the numbers of our group - they are as follows:

• Total Cruise Group - 97
• 49 Adults (not including children who above 18 - also adults), (23 M & 25 W)
• Ages range from 28 + (Average age 40-45) -- 3 Grand Parents.

• 48 Children/Young Adults (Ages 1 to 23) – As follows:
• 2 1 Child
• 3 1 Girl
• 4 1 Girl & 1 Boy
• 5 1 Boy
• 6 2 Girls & 1 Child
• 7 2 Girls
• 8 1 Child
• 9 3 Girls & 1 Boy
• 10 2 Girls & 1 Boy
• 11 1 Boy
• 12 2 Girls & 2 Boys
• 13 2 Boys & 1 Girl
• 14 2 Girl & 2 Boy
• 15 2 Boys & 1 Girl
• 16 1 Boy & 1 Girl
• 17 3 Boys & 1 Girl
• 18 1 Girl
• 19 1 Boy
• 20 1 Girl & 1 Boy
• 21 1 Girl & 1 Boy
• 22 1 Boy
• 23 1 Girl

Ron (Lagal Briefs) - Good luck in the tournament! Our oldest son (Jake) is a 1st Dan Black Belt in TKD through UWTA (working on his 2nd Dan). We decided not to have him compete in the UWTA Nationals next week in Texas because we didn't want him to miss his last week of school. Look forward to hearing how you did. Thanks for opening up the suite for our group on Monday! :cool1:

Jim- I like the idea of wearing red white and blue on Monday! Yes, I do know how to take a break from wearing lime green. :teeth: Yes, we'd love to try out some of your wine. We'll contribute something, but it won't be wine, I can't open a bottle of wine without leaving at least part of the cork in the bottle (it doesn't matter how fancy the opener is). :crazy: Any requests/suggestions?

I forgot to add... about the pirate stuff... where do you find these things? The kids have stuff from halloween costumes, but having a tough time coming up with stuff for us adults.

jgiants21 said:
:

Here is the first list of two for the day... This list is the current DIS members who have mentioned they will be at the Sat Dis Meet. :grouphug:

CRUISE MEET LIST FOR SATURDAY JULY 2 @ 3:00

Yes, the Richie Family will be at the meet too. We need to get added to the list. We will be the oddball family in the red shirts. Because we had already planned to wear them for the start of the cruise. My family is balking at lime green shirts.

Vickie, Ben , Ashley and Aubrey

Needalatte,
I suggested that I have matching lime green shirts made for my whole group (which ds17 would not have put on his body) Ds22 took me seriously and made a compromise with me. If I didn't do the matching thing he would wear lime green and pirate costume!!! If only he knew that the matching shirt thing was just to get a rise out of him. Oh well, what ever works. :rotfl2:

Vanvmom,
I found a bunch of cheap pirate things on the internet. I just typed in pirate costumes in the search engine and began browsing. There was plenty to choose from.

Talk more later, Angie

Hi We will be on the July 2 Cruise. There are 4 of us Ron, Sue, Crystal (13) and Ryan(almost 4). We are looking forward to the cruise. This will be our 2nd cruise. We were on the Magic in Fall 1998 :cheer2:

mokehil said:
Jim,
We are joining the everyone for the DIS meet. We (6) will be wearing as much green as we can manage.

GREAT IDEA! I would also love to meet up with the Los Veranos and Randi's groups. Maybe that could be on the secret deck 7 on Sun at 1 or 2? I'm easy, just threw out a time to get the discussion started.

Darcy

Hi we are coming from your area of CA. There are 4 of us Ron, Sue, Crystal (13) and Ryan ( almost 4) :wave: :wave:

I just wanted to add to your posting. My name is Crystal and I am a couple months away from fourteen. I'll be sailing with my parents and little brother on the July 2 cruise. This is my second disney cruise, the first one was when I was seven. I hope to meet some new friends while I am on board. My parent go on a lot of cruises. Maybe we can meet up on the ship.

Hi Everyone,
I've been reading the DIS boards for a month now, and finally decided to jump into the action. My husband, Todd, and I are traveling with my 2 DSs, almost 5 and 2. It's so great to talk with people beforehand. My DH thinks I'm a little obsessive about looking online, but I love getting all the details before we go.

Our info:

Late Seating (trying desperately for early!)
PV: Los Calletos excursion
Cabo: hopping in a cap to the Melia hotel
Matazlan: debating on the safety of the cab ride with kids to the El Cid.
Palo: Friday night 7ish

Tried to reserve Palo Brunch, but for some reason the website said I had used up my Palo allotment. I thought we could go to 1 dinner AND 1 brunch?.

Amy: We are from OC also, have annual passes at DL (but we've been too busy lately to use them). I'm SO EXCITED about DRIVING to the pier (NO airplanes with the kids!)

Emily

vetswithpets said:
Hi we are coming from your area of CA. There are 4 of us Ron, Sue, Crystal (13) and Ryan ( almost 4) :wave: :wave:

WOW! That is my neck of the woods. We are in Mokelumne Hill. My dd12 played softball down there this last spring. I'm sure we will end up knowing some of the same people. My dd14 will start CHS in July. Will Crystal be going there too? Looking forward to meeting you!

Darcy

dopeymama said:
Hi Everyone,
I've been reading the DIS boards for a month now, and finally decided to jump into the action. My husband, Todd, and I are traveling with my 2 DSs, almost 5 and 2. It's so great to talk with people beforehand. My DH thinks I'm a little obsessive about looking online, but I love getting all the details before we go.

Our info:

Late Seating (trying desperately for early!)
PV: Los Calletos excursion
Cabo: hopping in a cap to the Melia hotel
Matazlan: debating on the safety of the cab ride with kids to the El Cid.
Palo: Friday night 7ish

Tried to reserve Palo Brunch, but for some reason the website said I had used up my Palo allotment. I thought we could go to 1 dinner AND 1 brunch?.

Amy: We are from OC also, have annual passes at DL (but we've been too busy lately to use them). I'm SO EXCITED about DRIVING to the pier (NO airplanes with the kids!)

Emily

Emily,
Good to see another OC local on the cruise. There are a few of us so far.
I rarely go DL after Memorial Day because of the crowds and the heat. I think DL is about 10 degrees hotter than the surrounding areas and it's hard fot the kids (or me) to long lines after the rest of the year when you don't have to wait!! Should be a great time. See you @ 3:00 Saturday. Amy :flower:

Oh yeah, You should be able to book 1 brunch and 1 dinner at Palo. Give them a call to see if they can do something about it!!

Hi All,

Thank you Amy for directing me here so that I could meet all of the folks that will also be on the West Coast 7/2/05 cruise. I am so excited about this that I can hardly see straight!

I watched just about every episode of The Love Boat as a kid and dreamed of taking that cruise, then when the Disney Cruise started that became a dream/goal and now I get the best of all possible worlds :Pinkbounc !

I will be traveling with my DH, my best friend from childhood, her DH, DS7 & DD10, her inlaws (who invited us and set up the trip for all involved), and her DH's cousins family (DH, DW, DS14, DD10).

I will look you folks up on the ship. We will all be bringing our pins to see if anyone is looking to trade.

This site has been so helpful to me for planning this trip. I have been scouring threads past and present for tips, hints, ideas and suggestions that will make this trip even more magical.

If anyone has any suggestions for things that definately should not be missed, I am all ears (mouse ears of course).

At this point, my DH and I are not planning to do any of the prepackaged excursions (economics, mostly) but we will instead be exploring the ports on our own. Also, we are both more interested in what the ship has to offer than what the country has. After all, the Magic will only be here for 12 weeks and Mexico has been there for centurys.

Oh, and does anyone know if they are offering the "Entertaining the Disney Way" seminar or the Bridge Tour on this cruise. We saw those advertised on the website and on the DVD and they both looked like loads of fun.

As for the lime green, I will do my best but think that I am destined to fail. My DH won't wear anything that might have a trace of color (or style usually)in it.

We are however packing our Rennisance Faire costumes for Pirate night and will be fully decked out for tropical night as well (go figure, that he will wear...).

If anyone needs help on how to make an easy, comfortable pirate getup let me know (I am pretty handy and will be happy to share my info).

I look forward to meeting you all aboard.

Take care & have a great day!

Tisza

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter