July 2, 2005 - WE ARE THERE!!!

Hi everyone!
We're home now - We stayed at WDW after the cruise. We rented points at Saratoga Springs from someone off the DIS rent forum. It was very nice. We just had a studio since the one bedrooms were twice as much.

It was wonderful sailing with Fran, Dave, & Ron again! Of course Kelly and Stephen too - and great meeting Monica! We all missed you guys!!!!!

Sue, you please post some pictures of your garden train! Sounds cool!

Jim, what's Kim's leadership training? How's Mona? We didn't do the martini tasting 'cause it wouldn't have been the same without you! Dave and Alan attended the beer tasting - with Fran and I there as support :goodvibes

Lisa, the Italy trip sounds just wonderful! When you go back you'll have to visit Pompei. It was eerie. As for the dining plan - we didn't do it. We debated a bit but decided against it mainly because of Shane....it would have been a waste! By the way, once again he ate macaroni and cheese every night on the cruise! At least Bryce is somewhat adventuresome. Although, Shane did surprise us - two of the nights he ordered caeser salad too.

Fran, you had eight bags as well????? I don't feel so bad :goodvibes A few of ours were pretty small. Fortunately when the cruise came back in and we went for the rental car they had an SUV available. We had an awfully tight fit in a car for the one day pre-cruise! The car did have a pretty good size trunk but the boys still had a suitcase between them in the backseat. That may not have been all together bad! One of them had something on their lap too I believe.

If ya'll come up with a Vegas meet you'll have to let us know.

Wendy, sorry to hear about Tim's mom! I hope that even with the circumstances you are able to enjoy the trip.

Goodbye for now. It's 11:55 and Shane's supposed to be home before mid-night.....................
Sherry

Hi every one sorry for the long hiatus It has been a very busy summer.

The train has been done in typical Disney style it is constantly changing. with the falling of the leaves the buildings have been put away to get ready to decorate for Christmas. We will be decorating small christmas trees. Unfortunately we do not have the full horticultural department to put it up in a night

June started ATA karate in june and is now a tiger belt. Classes take up three afternoons a week and Practice is every night. He really likes it and really loves his weapons.

As for the dog questions.
Wendy we do not see alot of Labradoodles. However if you are looking for something that doesn't shed what about a standard poodle. There is also allerpet d which is a spray that you use on the dog to decrease the amount of dander shead. The other question is how is the labs skin and coat. Allergies and skin conditions can release more dander.

Ron is always looking of ways to reward the staff. So in March he set a real high goal for the clinic and the met it that month. So at the end of September we took the full time staff to disneyland as a Staff Team building. It was great. Some of the employees had not been to Disneyland for 10-20 years and one had only been there once. Ron got them all started on Pin trading. We had a great time. He is looking for the next goal maybe a cruise. Too bad the Disney cruise is not sailing out of the west coast. I don;t think he is quite ready to fly them all to Florida.

Tomorrow Ron and I are off to the East coast for a tour of the colors and a night in NY. We have great tickets to see Mary Poppins on Broadway

The kids get to stay at home.

This November we are off to an ATA Tournament in San Francisco. We are hoping that Ron May compete there

We hope you are all doing well.

If there is time maybe the Northern CA people should get together this fall

Sue :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :wizard: :wizard:

We just got back from a Hawaiian cruise early Sunday morning. We missed the earthquake by nine hours. Hawaii is wonderful, but NCL's Pride of America is no Disney cruise!! I MISS Palo's BRUNCH!!!!!!!

Wendy, how exciting, only 23 days untill you leave. How big is your pile in the corner of your room of things to pack? Anyone doing the doc dance yet? Any meet scheduled? Double dip, that's the life, warm water, sandy beach, slightly swaying hammocks.....ah, to be on a warm beach again. We brought our own snorkle gear, does Disney provide it free> It was on sale a few weeks ago at Big 5. Snorkle, mack, fins $29.99. All six sets fit in one duffle bag. Too bad you don't live closer I'll let you borrow our sets. Since our kids are similar ages you would probably be able to fit several sets. Just a thought.....Do let me know because they are just going to sit in storage for....oh... for forever, and they should be used. You could dip them in beach to get rid of our cooties!! :thumbsup2

Just checking in...I miss all the enthusiasm of our group and hope to hear that all is well with all of you. No Disney cruises in our future. The one to Hawaii was a surprise. The boards at Cruise Critic are very quiet. They were only five of us talking about this last one. Good people.

Sue, sounds fun to have get together. I still have not finished my album from our trip. It would be good motivation to pull out all my stuff. Our camera BROKE :faint: on the 4th day of our Hawaiian vacation. So sad, my DH is going to return it to Costco today or tommorrow. We will see what they say about it. We have about 100 photos stuck on that card.....

Wendy. I am so excited for you and Tim and the boys. HAVE SO MUCH FUN!!!!

Darcy

Wow,
I was just thinking about you guys, and our fun cruise, yesterday...and today I check my e-mail to find a post...

Darcy,
I"m glad to hear that you missed the earthquake in Hawaii...DS is over there in school and said that it was quite an experience. We are not used to those things living in the heart of Illinios. He is on Oahu which did get some damage, but not nearly as bad as the big island. Thank goodness he called me to say that everything was fine before I even knew there was a problem.

We went to WDW this summer for a week and had a blast. I rode EE at AK and vowed never to step foot on that ride again. It was a blast, but I'm what most people would call a chicken. I would encourage everyone to experience it at least once though. After the ride on EE I felt very brave and decided that this would be the trip I put my fears aside and ride TOT. It was really a neat experience, but once again I don't believe I will have the nerve to do it again.

No cruises are in our near future, just college bills and more college bills. Hope everyone is well, it was great hearing from you guys again.

Angie

Angie: Funny I thought about you and your son while in the taxi returning to the Honolulu airport. The taxi driver was telling us that his daughter was going to the U of Washington because she thought that U of H was not a good school. I just chuckled to myself and thought, No, it's a good school. His daughter just wants to get away from home. I went to school in Washington with lots of Hawaiians. They were always cold and homesick. I wonder why so many from Hawaii choose the rainy Northwest? :confused3

We still have not been to WDW, but I'm a little nervous about it; because there is a huge learning curve compared to Disneyland. I think our next Disneyland trip will be in 2008, leap year, because my leap baby thinks that is what he does for every real birthday.....not such a bad idea when you think it only happens every four years. The poor family who has to do it every year, costwise, not pleasure wise. Please remember we are a family of 6 and everything always requires two rooms!!!

Wendy, Betsy and David from our cruise are all leaving in 23 days or so for a Magic double dip. Anyroom in any suitcases!!! I'll bring the tequila!!! :rotfl2:

thought i would bring you all up to date! reading a few pages and remmbering our july 2nd cruise. well dana and i had our 25th anniversary oct 3rd and he suprised me with a trip to bermuda!!! we stayed at the fairmont southampton {we stayed there on our honey moon} he booked this trip in the spring! he also gave me a beautiful ring that he had in hes sock drw since feb!! i guess he really took this seriously!!! my thoughts were that we are going on the 4 day disney cruise july 1st. w/ 3 days prior in wdw at the beach club!! we are going with our daughters and it was their suggustion to go on the 4 day!!! so we said sure!!!and knew that we would justify this expense to our 25th!!well hope all is well remebering palo's also. oh we both have green shirts and hope to meet more dcl friends july 1st any one want to join us? miss everyone . lisa

Dave and Fran cruise earlier than us. They'll be on the Magic on Halloween!

Sue, a get together sounds fun! The Karate sounds like it is keeping you pretty busy! Riley started Tae Kwon Do, and will test in Dec. for his blue green belt (some schools call it high green). Jake will test in March for his second degree black belt. He's been assisting with the younger belt level classes, and so far has helped teach 100 classes and earned himself a free uniform.

Darcy, Tim bought himself a grand fancy snorkel set (if her ever decides to take up deep sea diving, he'll have much of the equipment already). The kids and I each have our own snorkels, but we'll end up having to rent fins and masks. I looked for sets, but no one had them on sale when I looked. :confused3

Family update... Jake is now taller than me (YIKES) and is just finishing up his first term in middle school. He'll miss 6 days of school for our next cruise. So far the classes have all been pretty easy for him (and he's in honors classes) - we're waiting for the other shoe to drop... it's got to get hard soon. Conner and Riley enjoyed their first year at a new elementary school- made friends and did well. Tim is still at Apple, but may change to a new job in the new year. I started back to work this past year- teaching reading 3 mornings each week to 1-3rd graders who are performing below grade level, and substitute teaching on the other two days. We decided I had to work to satisfy our vacation habit! We'll do our first 3 days at WDW after our cruise, since we'll already be in FL. We're hoping that for DCL's 10th anniversary in 2008, that they will bring a ship to the West Coast again (maybe go north this time). We can hope, right?

Dave and Fran cruise earlier than us. They'll be on the Magic on Halloween!

Hey Wendy.......Hope you have an awsome cruise. We loved doing the double dip except that we missed the 2nd stop due to Kelly getting sick on Thursday night. Halloween cruise was great and again met some terrific people to hang out with. Weather was ok but the last night we had 15 foot seas which made things interesting. They warned us when we left CC about the rough seas so we all took meds and were ok.

Just wanted to say hi and have a blast on your cruise.

Dave

Vanvmom said:
Sue, a get together sounds fun! The Karate sounds like it is keeping you pretty busy! Riley started Tae Kwon Do, and will test in Dec. for his blue green belt (some schools call it high green). Jake will test in March for his second degree black belt. He's been assisting with the younger belt level classes, and so far has helped teach 100 classes and earned himself a free uniform.

Wendy Are Jake and Riley in ATA and if so are you going to the big tournament this weekend in We will be there we are going over Friday and Ryan is competing Sat Morning

Well we are back from the Colors and our first trip th NY NY.

The colors were great and the trip was relaxing (no Kids!!!) :banana: :banana:

The first thing we did when the ship sailed was get a couples massage to start the relaxing process

We spent a night in NY NY and saw Mary Poppins. It was fantastic and I would recommend it to any one. If you want an ausome romance package in NY try the 70 Park Ave (A Kimpton Hotel)

Now it back to work and busier than ever.

Sue :surfweb:

We were in FL during the ATA tourn.

The kids have the choice of doing the ATA tourns if they want to, but most of the ones we've done are UWTA tourns (point sparring with chest pads being the primary difference).

Our cruise was fun, but the people we met up with were not the night owls the July cruise was. Many of the DIS folks were traveling with large groups- we met a couple getting married on board, a couple doing a vow renewal on board, and tons of fun folks. We met some folks from AZ and may try to meet up with them when we take the kids to see the Grand Canyon this next spring. Jake met a girl at the Stack (she lives in Reno). Boy are we NOT ready for that! :crazy: We met a fun family traveling in the Walt Suite (just like Roy, but with light colored wood). Their teen was part of the group Jake hung out with all week - we sure didn't see much of him. :confused3

We rebooked for 2008, and are waiting to see what fun thing DCL does for their 10th anniversary - they are releasing the dates sometime in January. I'm writing a trip report if anyone wants the details.

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving.

Vanvmom said:
We were in FL during the ATA tourn.

The kids have the choice of doing the ATA tourns if they want to, but most of the ones we've done are UWTA tourns (point sparring with chest pads being the primary difference).

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving.

Hope everyone had a Happy Thanksgiving

While Wendy was cruising away Ron anns I were dolling up the Garden train in a Christmas theme Complete with a mickey flower arrangement in gold as well as mickey decorated christmas trees.

We still need to plan another Northern Ca get together when everything slows down. :hourglass:

Wendy are you guys going to the Las Vegas Tournament in Feb. We are going we have the condo booked and I will be booking the airfare soon. We are going to fly out of stockton for $69 each way :et us know if you are going

Sue :wave2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter