july 19th excursion

tigger91

Earning My Ears
I AM ON THE 19TH CRUISE. THERE ARE 4 ADULTS AND 2 CHILDREN. I JUST BOOKED OUR EXCURSIONS. WE ARE GOING TO GO ON OUR OWN IN KEY WEST. WE THOUGHT WE WOULD WALK AROUND TOWN AND SHOP AROUND. IF WE FIND SOMETHING ELSE TO DO THEN WE WILL

IN GRAND CAYMAN WE BOOKED THE NAUTILUS UNDER SEA TOUR.

IN COUZMEL WE ARE GOING TO DO THE FURY CATMARAN SNORKEL AND BEACH PARTY.

I WAS JUST WONDERING IF ANYBODY EVER WALK AROUND KEY WEST AND IF ANYBODY EVER DID ANY OF THE EXCURSIONS I MENTION. IF SO ANY FEED BACK WOULD BE HELPFUL.

ALSO WHEN YOU GO SNORKEL DO YOU NEED TO BE A GOOD SWIMMER.

Several in my family group did the Fury in Cozumel and had a blast!

Your swimming ability needed is proportional to the waves, current and wind. The stronger any of those above, the stronger swimmer you <i>should</i> be.

Were are you planning to snorkel? If only at Castaway Cay, current and waves are not a big issue because of the protective cove. But you must wear a BC supplied by Disney (FREE), but ours were not in very good condition - all of our valves leaked out completely within a minute of full inflation. You cannot take a float or raft in to the snorkeling area (which is a shame, because the bottom would not get so stirred up by peple not accustomed to shallow water swimming with fins). The snorkeling area is very shallow at low tide, and gets kicked/silted up. If you plan to snorkel at CC (and want to see anything), go EARLY before the masses hit the beach and snorkeling area.

If you want to snorkel at Grand Cayman or Cozumel, buy a couple of cheap blow-up rafts (from Dollar Tree, Dollar General, etc.) and take them with you. When you're done, don't deflate and take home or back to the ship, just give them to the locals (we did). Your weaker swimmers can use them and get towed around (keeping your party safe and together). We used these in Dzul Ha, Cozumel and it really helped with our three children. Wish we would have thought to bring them to the Stingray City / Coral Gardens snorkel in Grand Cayman - the water was a litle rough for small ones trying to snorkle.

Key West - We walked. The Conch train was interesting, but save your money and do that on your own when you get there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter