• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

JULY 19 Cruisers- Less than 3 WEEKS now Yipee!

beaniema323 -
Yes, we know the "Hecker's". My DD goes to school with
their younger daughter and they are good friends! I see that you also have a daughter about the same age. Are you having the "charging"and "wanting to roam about freely" battles? My DD is 9 and my DS is 12. I'm not inclined to let either of them have charging privileges. But am inclined to let my son have more freedom on the ship this time - letting him check himself in and out of the club. But not my daughter.....
look forward to meeting up with everyone at 3:30!

We'll try to be at the 3:30PM DIS meet. Like I mentioned before, the first day is very hectic trying to catch lunch, get settled, sign kids up for the clubs and make reservations ... but we'll definitely try!

Hi! I'm Beaniema323's DD-14. I'm really excited about the cruise! I know that I'm talking to a few of your daughters and/or sons, everyone's so nice and in less than 2 weeks I can finally meet them!

Tried to post some pictures but it didn't work out. Does anyone know of any free webhosting sites? I've tried my ISP (Comcast) but I don't know how to get the url once the pictures are uploaded.

Just wondering about that "Bahamas" Customs Doc in our folders......

We DO indeed need to fill this out????????

Is Castaway Cay part of the Bahamas?? or is this form really meant for EASTERN cruisers/????????

We're thinking of "foregoing" the Wednesday nite, Mexicali menu....

Just wondered what everyone else was thinking?

Also, anyone know - do we need ressies for the Brunch & for the High Tea as well????

Anyone know if any particular celebrities or speakers will be sailing with us?

Also, anyone know what movies are playing currently????

catjammies,

Yes, you do need reservations for the High Tea and Brunch at Palos. Also, Castaway Cay is in the Bahamas so the customs form should be filled out.

Okay fellow cruisers...I'm just asking this for one of my teen sons who is 15....he wants to know if any of your teens currently play the computer game called "Counterstrike"?? He's addicted to playing this w/ other kids online and just wondering....

tezb...nope, sorry. I don't really get into computer games. plus, I am too busy. but tell him I am looking forward to meeting him. only 12 days.

catjammies....if I had to say, I bet holes, pirates of the caribbean, finding nemo, and legally blonde2 will be on the ship. but I dont know for sure

ok, about the 3:30 meet. I am all for that. but the only thing is that seems maybe a little too early. I am thinking that if everyone agrees, I suggest we push it back to after the drill. that way, we dont have to worry about rushing to get to the drill. but it is just an idea. either way, it would be great!!!

Thanks for the link to the menus Kristine!

<b>lancerguys</b>,

Actually, there's no good time to meet on the first day. After the safety drill, the guests with early seating times will probably want to start getting ready for dinner.

I think the safety drill starts at 4:00PM. There won't be too much time to socialize at the Goofy pool because everyone will have to go get their life jackets before meeting on deck 4 for the drill.

Sorry to sound like such a pessimist, but that first day is going to be very busy.

Isn't there a Sail Away party or something? I know people have met at those. I will tell you all that I will have a lime green shirt on and navy blue shorts (yes, I already know what I'm wearing that day and only for that day because it's my DIS attire :D ). That way if we meet up we'll know what some of us are wearing and easy to find each other. My name is Chris, dh is Mike and dd is Brittany (13).

Now that July 4th camping weekend is done I am getting excited. Started packing last night as I was unpacking from the weekend. The beach bag is about packed and the toiletry bag is almost packed. Clothes are in a spot ready to go in the suitcases when I get everything washed and know I won't be wearing it the next two weeks. Got the underwater cameras, things ready for the car trip (well some of it). Next gotta vacuum out the car, finish packing, clean the house, clean the car windows and then I think I'm ready!

We are driving also and leave on the 17th VERY early in the morning. So I'm down now to 6 working days!!!!!

DisneyCruiseluvr,
Don't worry at all about being pessimistic. in fact, just look at yourself as being a realist. and I do have to agree with you, there probably wont be much time to meet at all. also, it would be really hard to meet during the cruise because we all go our different directions. we are lucky to be able to meet at all. it will be fun to match faces with names however!!!

the Courtyard in Orlando - the one in the Village w/Lake Bryan....the night before. Anyone else happen to be staying here?

Couldn't get another Marriott type closer to the port. All full! This particular one is supposed to be very nice & great pool & close to Downtown Disney, so atleast we can get started a little early walking around there & eating at one of the cool restaurants on the 18th.....

45 -60 min drive in the morn across the Beeline to the port!

We are from Atlanta:

Heather Charles & girls

I'll be a real life Snow White - I can't tan for anything & have strawberry blonde hair.
Hubby is very tall & premature graying.
Girls are 5 & 7, two blondes.

I'm not promising anything about meeting at 3:30, because it's hard to tell how hectic things will be, but perhaps you'll catch us on board!!!!!!!!!!!

Our family is me- Deb, DH-Rich, DD-Kristen(13), DD-Amanda(10). We will also be with my sister's family and my Mom. Rich and I will wear our DIS DVC Member Cruise badges that Mark & Mary made for that trip. Mine says debkay-Debbie and DH says richym1-Rich.

lancerguys-read your post a page or two back. You remember I asked you about the Teen Fury Cruise in Cozumel. Kristen is booked on that. She has emailed a few teens and she can't wait to meet all of you.

We will be driving to Hilton Head this Saturday! That means only three more days of work after today.

See you on the ship!:Pinkbounc

catjammies - do you have an idea of what time you might be at DTD? We are stopping there (gotta get that DTD shopping in and say we were at least at WDW for a little bit ;) ) and then heading over to Beaches and Cream for dinner and dh wants to go to the DVC place there. Just wondering if we might run into each other at DTD. We also might be driving together too ;) We are stopping on the 17th near Macon - yes, gonna be a VERY long day! We are staying at the Courtyard (I think anyway) near the port.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter