• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

JULY 19 Cruisers- Less than 3 WEEKS now Yipee!

We are going on the same cruise. DD 16, DS 10, DS 08 and my Niece 12 and Nephew 08, along with Grand Ma and Grand Pa and bro and sister in law, what a group. DW first on 7/12..found a house to rent in Kissamee versus the cost of Disney Resorts. Can't wait hope all of us have a great time....

Hey Golfpin...I see you're from the Bay Area Too! There are a few of us that I know of....I know one other family from Half Moon Bay. What flight are you on? We're flying out on 7/18 from SFO.

We are family of 5, ...3 DS 17 1/2, 15 and 11 1/2. This will be our 3rd DCL Cruise but first time on Western!

We are the "other half" of the golfpin excursion. As he said, we went on the 7/7/01 eastern cruise. My kids are 11 3/4 ( 12 in August) girl and 8 year old son. Golfpin and us got same adjoining cabins as we had on last cruise. We always have our Motorola TalkAbouts with us - set to channel 5, quiet code 30. Call for Alex or Cindy (us) or Terry or Dawn on the Golfpin side.

our 11 year old will probably get to wonder around as much as she wants to on her own - with a radio so she can find us (poolside of course). 8 year old might go at it but with others - not alone.

The golfpin kids are 10 and 8 boys.

Our kids and the golfpin wife have found and registered previously unknown Hidden Mickeys !!!!

Check the picture of the clock at http://hiddenmickeys.org/Cruise/Magic.html found by Christopher Dourov

And by Dawn Abbey - deck 7 guest laundry room - photo of the "bubbles" on the dispenser.

Looking forward to more Hidden Mickey hunts on this cruise ! ( and some fun kids for our kids to hang out with )

beaniema323 -
our documents seem to have suffered the same AAA Maryland fate as yours.....in talking with the travel agent today she was able to verify that they had arrived (I'm guessing that's to the Richmond location you mentioned). She expects to have them at her office within the next day or two. Of course they are closed on friday and saturday this week for the holiday......
It just won't seem real until I have those documents in my hands......

I was talking to our friend from Annapolis that we are going with, and she thought that you might be a friend of hers too. Do you know the "Hecker's" in Annapolis.

They haven't gotten their documents from AAA either.

I think that we are going to be the LAST to get ours. I'm really anxious to read the information about how much baggage we are allowed.

adourov....small world...we were also on the 7/7/01 Disney Eastern Cruise. This will be our 3rd cruise, but first Western. We are from the Bay Area also....My youngest may know your oldest..he is 11 1/2 now but would have been 9 1/2 then.

My youngest may know your oldest..he is 11 1/2 now but would have been 9 1/2 then.

Name ? They were probably in one of the clubs ( cant' remember which one it was) together. Show him th epix at http://utkaduck.com/disney.htm and see if he remembers Caitlin.

I'm sorry realized I forgot the name after I signed off...His name is Justin but he didn't spend a lot of time in the clubs. He started off in the clubs and then branched off w/ some kids. He saw the pic but did not recognize her....

We will also have our Talkabouts with us - code 18, subcode 23. I got them last night thinking this is gonna be a good thing so dd can have one and one can stay with dh and I.

tezb & adourov-
It is a very small world. We were also on the July 7, 2001 Eastern Magic cruise! Went with a few other families. Our dd would have been 12 and 8 on that cruise. Chances are all of our lids may know each other when we get on the July 19th cruise.

For those of you who booked thru AAA, I hope you get your cruise documents soon.

Debbie

Debkay,...what are your girls names? My son Justin would have been 9 1/2 at the time but he did make friends w/ some older and some younger....boys and girls. He's rather small for his age so looks younger but acts older...has 2 teen brothers. How funny that we should be cruising the same time...what are the chances of that given all the dates to choose from?

I also have my 16 yr old DD with us on this cruise so if there are any parents that have children the same age please let me know as I will let your kids have her email address. Counting down the days is past, now counting down the hours, next week the minutes....:p :bounce: :earseek: :teeth:

golfpin....I am 15 and will be going also. I am going with my twin brother and family. tell your daughter if she wants to email me just send me a PM. but if she doesnt want to cause I am younger it's not a big deal.

debkay...I didnt know you had a daughter. tell her if she wants to email me just PM

Do we all have our documents yet?
Will we be doing a quickie informal meet on board or does everyone feel they will be too busy?
I had mentioned in an earlier post about possibly meeting on Deck 10 overlooking the goofy pool at around 3:30 on Saturday,just before we have to head off to the safety drill,would anyone be interested?Also thought I better post my real name,it would sound a little funny if someone walked up to me and said "are you both of us"(bothofus)
So,I am Kristine,hubby is Jeff,DS 13 is Michael,DS 12 is Matthew-we call him Matty,and DD 5 is Jaimee...Our neighbors are on this cruise too and they are Lori,Mike and their DS 10 Jeffrey.
We leave on Wednesday the 9th for Universal studios,only 5 1/2 more days-Yikes I better think about packing!
Hope everyone enjoys their Independence Day-God Bless America!

Here is our current list of July 19 cruisers,hope I got everyone
adourov
beaniema323
Bobbimom23
bothofus
Captain Wildcat
catjammies
dalmationlover
DDluvstitch
debkay
December99
DisneyCruiserluvr
Doctor P
golfpin
Grumpy&Goofy
iluvdisnee
lancerguys
Michellepooh
Mickeyluvr (happy 25 anniversary!)
minnieandgrumpy1
tezb
tigger91
whp960

:sunny: :sunny::cool:

Kristine...maybe my youngest son Justin who is 11 1/2 will meet up w/ your Matty or Michael. Justin is the youngest of 3 boys (15 & 17 1/2) so he tends to be comfortable around older kids too. Have fun in Universal....we're from WEst Coast so we leave on 7/18...2 wks from tomorrow!

Hi Kristine,

3:30 by the Goofy pool sounds good to me! We are George and Peggy and my DS is 15 and also a Matthew! Sounds like there will be lots of teenagers on this trip, which is great. Our Matt tends to act younger than he is (ie, not interested in girls yet, more into video games and sports) and might even hit it off with your boys, who knows? Anyway, hopefully we'll see you in a little over 2 weeks! Have a pleasant holiday weekend,

Peggy

Finally got our documents today!!! Now it seems alot more real!

330 at the Goofy pool sounds good to me. I am Tammy, husband is Kevin, dd14 is Caitlin, and dd10 is Emily. We will probably have our "Farley Family Disney Cruise 2003" shirts on, so we won't be easy to miss!

We are leaving Wednesday, the 16 to drive down. Going to spend the day at a Disney Water Park on Friday.

I'm so excited! Only 8 more days of work!

:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter