July 19, 2015 - Disney Dream/CC Double Dip

DH, DD(10), DD friend(11) and myself, jumping on board! DD' friend first Disney cruise hopefully she won't be homesick :). Splurging concierge also for their birthday celebrations . Thinking about FE but undecided since its a short cruise.

Cruise Meet threads are doing just fine still managing meet and FE discussions right here on the DIS as they have since FE began (also here on the DIS).

FE organizers generally need to know how many people (adults/children) are participating in each cabin with child ages for age appropriate gift giving. Other information you would like to share such as names, allergies, favorite characters, etc. is up to you. Other personal information is not really necessary. Those organizing FEs typically ask for the information to be posted in the meet thread or sent to them via PM.

For those posting in this Cruise Meet thread to join a FE, since no one seems to be coming forward to organize a FE for this cruise here on the DIS, please feel free to organize the FE right in this thread. There is certainly plenty of time to plan a FE for this cruise. All it takes is for someone to maintain a list of/for those participating which can easily be done in this thread. Many Cruise Meet threads have been doing it this way for years now here on the DIS.

DISboards Fish-Extender Basics

Enjoy!

Hello All,

This will be my families first Disney Cruise! We are super excited about our trip on the Dream. Has a FE group been started yet? If so, I'd like to be join in on the fun. It will be me, my dh, and ds (4)!!!

Been on several cruises but this will be the first time we participate in the FE exchange. What info is needed? We have 2 cabins - 4 adults and 4 kids (14 year old twins, 7 yr old and 4 yr old).

This will be my first cruise, but I'm traveling with a friend who has been on a few other Disney cruises. We'd love to join the FE; it's the two of us and her baby girl.

...Thinking about FE but undecided since its a short cruise.

...Has a FE group been started yet? If so, I'd like to be join in on the fun....

Been on several cruises but this will be the first time we participate in the FE exchange. What info is needed? ...

...We'd love to join the FE; it's the two of us and her baby girl.

FE organizers generally need to know how many people (adults/children) are participating in each cabin. Other information you would like to share such as first names, ages of child participants, allergies, favorite characters, etc. is up to you. Other personal information is not really necessary. Those organizing FEs typically ask for the information to be posted in the meet thread or sent to them via PM.

For those posting in this Cruise Meet thread to join a FE, since no one has come forward to organize a FE for this cruise here on the DIS, please feel free to start the FE right in this thread.

There is certainly plenty of time to plan a FE for this cruise. All it takes is for someone to maintain a list of/for those participating which can easily be done in this thread. Cruise Meet threads have been doing it this way for years now here on the DIS. If anyone is interested in doing this, feel free to contact me for some suggestions.

DISboards Fish-Extender Basics

Enjoy! :)

PLEASE review the Cruise Meet Policy regarding Cruise Meet and Fish Extender programs. - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3353477

Links to Cruise Meet discussion/Fish Extenders other than those on the DIS may not be posted or offered by any other means (PM, email, "search" directions, etc.).

Hi again! Not sure what is all needed to start the FE, but here is what people have mentioned so far (I think) :)

Ok don't think anyone has said they will be in charge of setting up the FE 1 group so I will be glad to do it. I will need everyone interested to email their info; I will need room number, names and ages of those staying in the room and please state weather male or female of each, don't want mistake boy for girl, and what item not to include, ex. Some say no sugar candy or no alcohol. And lastly your favorite character. Once I get the info I will put in on a spreadsheet and get a copy to everyone instead of posting it here, some may not want just anyone to ha e this type info. Just let me know,
Spreading pixie dust already
Marty
Email to bro to: disneydream0719@yahoo.com

Last edited:

Ok don't think anyone has said they will be in charge of setting up the FE 1 group so I will be glad to do it. I will need everyone interested to email their info; I will need room number, names and ages of those staying in the room and please state weather male or female of each, don't want mistake boy for girl, and what item not to include, ex. Some say no sugar candy or no alcohol. And lastly your favorite character. Once I get the info I will put in on a spreadsheet and get a copy to everyone instead of posting it here, some may not want just anyone to ha e this type info. Just let me know,
Spreading pixie dust already
Marty
Email to bro to: disneydream0719@yahoo.com
I emailed you our information and was wondering when we can expect to get the spreadsheet? My kids are anxious to start making FE gifts! Thanks SDDebbie

Hello everyone! We are surprising our twin DDs(18) with this cruise as well as the cruise after this...(yay for B2B cruises!!!) for their graduation and 18th birthday. We are so excited but still trying to figure out how to surprise them with the cruise. If you have any ideas I would love to hear it!!! This trip will be their 3rd and 4th cruise, but the first time on the Dream. DH and I were on the inaugural sailing of the Dream and looking forward to sailing on it again. My parents will be joining us as well so there is 6 of us. We would like to join the FE as well. We are in room 2002 and my parents are in room 2000.

We look forward to getting to know everyone.

Sincerely,

Heidi (35)
DH - Chris (45)
DDs - Emily and Amanda (18)

My parents are Sandy and Ted. Hoping my mom (jiminyC_fan) will be posting here soon.

Hi everyone, I'm PoohFriends mom. Can''t wait to set sail on the Dream again. The last time on the Dream was the Maiden Voyage. As she said, this is a surprise cruise for the girls so it will be fun and exciting for all of us.

I guess it's all about surprise cruises this year for us. We are on the Magic in a couple of weeks and surprising 3 DISer friends we met way back in 2001 from the DISboard meet. We've cruised with them every year since but missed last year. We booked last minute and can't wait to see their eyes.

Looking forward to meeting everyone. Would love to participate in the FE if it isn't too late.

Ted (63)
Sandy (61)
Stateroom (2000)

Last edited:
Hi and welcome to the group. It has been really quiet around here for the past few months.

Thank you for the welcome. It's sad to see how slow the Meets threads have become. We've met so many wonderful people through the DISboard!

Maybe when the booking windows all open up, it might get a little more active. I like checking in... it help pass the time to talk to other folks in the same boat (pun intended 100%)!

92 days, 11 hours, 55 minutes, 40 seconds

Last edited:
Hey everyone! I just got off the phone with Disney and they told me that night 2 is a dress up night. Anybody have an idea the menu will be?

We are super excited to cruse as a family for the first time! It will be me and my hubby plus daughter 15 and daughter 12! We would like to do the FE, sent email this morning!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter