• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

July 15, 2012 - Magical Cruise to Canada!

I was able to get everything booked last night.

I booked my 10 hours in Flounders. I'm not sure I booked the right hours or not.
In Halifax I booked the Ahoy Mates - Tall Ship Silva Excursion and the Essential Halifax Hop On Hop Off.
In Saint John I booked the Big Pink Sightseeing Hop on Hop Off with Bay of Fundy Scenic Railway (10:45 Train time)

I hate that you can't book the disembarkation day excursions in NYC until you are on the ship. The planner in me wants to know that I have them booked.

I did my online check in this morning. The pre/post cruise plans were annoying. They wouldn't let me say I was flying out of Newark airport. I could fly into Newark but I couldn't fly out of Newark. It had pretty much every airport in the state of New York including Albany and Syracuse but I can't go across the river to NJ. :rotfl: I called Disney this morning 1) to complain about the gift card deal and2) to ask about the Newark airport. They said the card thing was automatic (which could be but it still doesn't seem right to have payment #2 of 4 used as the method of credit) and that the airport is just a survey and it doesn't matter for transfers or anything else.

I actually just added the Bay of Fundy Scenic Railway @ 1pm as well :goodvibes

OK ... got what I wanted.. Palo, dinner, brunch and Tea!!!

Peggy's Cove and the Railroad.. Although my DS12 is really upset by our lack of "action". He may be staying on ship....

Can't wait
Susan :goodvibes

That is great Susan! I couldn't get a tea. They were all sold out. :(
Might try again once on board- but we have a dinner and a brunch so I am happy.

Ok, this is what I have so far for the FE exchange and the magnet exchange. Please, correct me if I am wrong & if there is anyone who has not joined and would like to, just PM me your info (# of passengers and stateroom numbers).

MakesCakes has 2 adults and 1 child
Badell has 2 adults
Kiddisney has 6 adults and 2 children across 3 staterooms
SusanC has 2 adults and 1 child
Mstinson14 has 2 adults and 1 child
J&K'sPrincessMommy (me) has 5 adults and 3 children across 3 staterooms

So 10 Staterooms with 19 adults and 10 children.

Should we close on or about 2 months before the cruise? May 15th?

Hello wife Cindy and I nick are going on this curise. Just found the thread. We are really looking fwd to it. Room 6076. We are from the Cleveland area in Ohio.

First cruise and we've been paid for months but can't do any excursions or dinner reservations (Palo) until May 1st. Arghh. I thought it was once you were paid you were set to make reservations. Hope to get in Palo with my hubby...haven't had dinner alone forEVER! Still don't know what excursions would be good for us and a four year old. Love Titanic stuff but a full day with long bus ride won't keep the little one entertained. Will be working on it this week. It's starting to feel real!!!

You should have no problem gettihng a dinner at Palo, there seems to be quite a few left & even brunch on both sea days are still available today.

Thanks! What ages are the kids on the FE? Thought I would check since there is a big difference between toddlers, tweens and teens and need a little plan ahead time.
Just went through the East Coast thread and narrowing down what to do and checking out the links. How helpful that is!!!

I went in last night to look at some spa availability and it won't let me see any availablitiy. It only shows one thing to be sold out but it won't let me select (or see) any available times. I went to port excursions, Palo and nursery with the same result. I'm a silver member and the cruise is paid for. I had already booked a few things so I'm not sure what the problem is.

is anyone else having a problem with this?

I was able to get a dinner reservation at Palo today for all the adults. Brunch and tea are sold out (not sure if they are still doing the tea as it is being removed from the ships at some point this summer). I am going to try to get a brunch once we are on board. Starting to work on the excursions now!

Does anyone know what time the Pirate Party starts?

I booked a hot stone massage because it was available at a convenient time. I really only wanted a Swedish. Can I change the type of massage once I am on board? Can massages and spa treatments be cancelled in general? Has anyone booked a massage before on the magic and if so any tips about the spa?
thanks Deb

9:45pm is what is says on my cruise activities page which is also the same time it was on our Eastern Carribean cruise last year on the Magic.

Is there typically a DIS meet on the shorter cruises? I don't know if time permits.

Did you get my PM about our rooms?

Ok, this is what I have so far for the FE exchange and the magnet exchange. Please, correct me if I am wrong & if there is anyone who has not joined and would like to, just PM me your info (# of passengers and stateroom numbers).

MakesCakes has 2 adults and 1 child
Badell has 2 adults
Kiddisney has 6 adults and 2 children across 3 staterooms
SusanC has 2 adults and 1 child
Mstinson14 has 2 adults and 1 child
J&K'sPrincessMommy (me) has 5 adults and 3 children across 3 staterooms

So 10 Staterooms with 19 adults and 10 children.

Should we close on or about 2 months before the cruise? May 15th?

reservation complete - check
payment - check
excursions scheduled - check
spa scheduled - check
on-line check-in - check
fe's - in prep

we're ready to go - only 66 more days

for fe's we've finalized our rooms

weigel room 5010 - 2 adults & 1 kid (7)
weigel room 5009 - 2 adults
weigel room 5005 - 2 adults & 1 kid (5)

let us know when we'e closing the fe's - we'll be able to put a check on this one

can't wait to get back onto the magic

Hi everyone! So ecxited this is our first Disney cruise. :banana: We changed our 2 day cruise to this longer 5 day one a couple of days ago!!!! Can we still join in on the FE fun? I sent a PM to Princess, but didn't hear back yet. My DD9 would really would love to do this! Also, is anyone booking the Alice Tea excursion out of Saint John? TIA!! :) Starting to get nervous now...because there is now so much to plan for this longer cruise (birth certificate or passport?!, what to bring , excusions, etc., I am getting overwhelmed!)

Hi everyone!

If you haven't already, pm me your info to join in on the FE and Magnet exchange and let me know if you would like to participate in 1 or both exchanges.

We will close the additions this week on the 15th, and I will post everyone who is participating and their staterooms will be Pm'ed to the participants. :surfweb:

Hi everyone!

If you haven't already, pm me your info to join in on the FE and Magnet exchange and let me know if you would like to participate in 1 or both exchanges.

We will close the additions this week on the 15th, and I will post everyone who is participating and their staterooms will be Pm'ed to the participants. :surfweb:

Can't Wait...only 25 more school days...then plenty of time for FE ideas and magnet designs...bring on Summer!!!!!

Thanks for coordinating Princessmommy:cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter