July 14,2013 - Disney Dream - 4 Night Bahama Cruise

Just signed in and registered - first time as a gold - but no family cabanas at all - I wasn't going to get one, but wanted to see what would show up. Only 2 on the adult beach.

Just signed in and registered - first time as a gold - but no family cabanas at all - I wasn't going to get one, but wanted to see what would show up. Only 2 on the adult beach.

Thanks for the update! I have till April 14 to start booking and was hoping to get a family cabana. :(. I was told they are pretty hard to get .

Ok. Trying to figure this out from my phone.

Thanks for the headsup about the cabanas. I have two more weeks before I can start booking. We really wanted a cabana. Oh well we will get it figured out. On our first DCL trip we never got to port at Castaway Key. ( bad weather). So I am super excited about going for the first time.

Question: will we need to get off the shop really early in the morning to get a spot with and umbrella?

Also, anyone want to do FE?

I have participated in a few. Never organized. But this group does not look too overwhelming in size.

I have never done one. We cruised in 2008 for our honeymoon. This time since we booked over a year out I had a lot of time to read up on stuff. I know my girls want to participate. So any help u need I can help with.

Apparently I can't send PMs just yet till I have 10 posts. I have 8 and this makes 9. Lol.

That is awesome. I know my girls will be excited to help out as well . Do people normal wait till the last minute to join these threads to inquire about FE? If you are willing to organize we are game. Lets do it! My oldest is giving me ideas on what she wants to make for everyone.

I will organize. So, everyone who is interested , please chime in and I will list the disboards name of the participants. You can PM me with other info. Names and ages of kids and cabin number and e-mail if you like. I will make a master list that we will share.

We are booking this right now. We are addicts. This will be our third time on the Dream in the last 2 years. Count us in for the FE, its a lot of fun!

We're in. Can't wait. Does everyone use the same FE through different cruises?

Any guideline as to gifts? Anything goes? Our last cruise it ranged from stickers to little bottles of rum.

I think anything goes. For us it sort of depends on the mix of kids and adults and ages and how many people overall.

My husband and I will be celebrating our 10th anniversary on this cruise. We've done this cruise one other time but have never participated in FE. I think I'd like to participate if someone can point me to information about how its done. :)

Hi Martha! We'll be celebrating our 15th anniversary on this sailing :)

There are plenty of topics here on the DIS about FEs, but it's really as simple as follows:

1. Join the FE group for this cruise by posting right here saying you want to participate.

2. Give your room number and the names and ages of those in your party to the FE group leader when he sends you a private message asking for it.

3. Make or buy a fish extender.

4. Start planning your FE gifts. You can start making them but don't get too far ahead of yourself until the FE group leader gives everyone the final list of who is participating. Then you will know how many people are playing and how many gifts you need to make.

5. Make your gifts.

6. Pass them out on the ship!

If you have any questions about any of the above, just post here :) it should help stir up some conversation here!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter