July 13th Magic???

Lin,
Not to mention you had to pay extra per person right?
I thought I read $29.00 PP extra for the group things....

I know why did they pick July 13?? They decide to pick that date to try out the new dinner times.....they don't give you guys the trunk.....what pains....hey why couldn't they pick our cruise as the one to start including soda with the price of the cruise!!!???

No, we didn't pay the $29 extra. You see although we booked more than a year in advance, DCL said that they had already reached their capacity for the group discount (8 cabins, 15 passengers, the 16th goes free) so instead they gave us $50 off per cabin (oh boy!! :rolleyes: ) and a choice of a group party, a bottle of champagne, or a steamer trunk. You know the rest of the story from there.

What's also weird is I called and ordered gifts for 2 people in my group because their birthdays fall during the cruise. I got a call that they changed vendors and no longer have one of the items.

What's goin on???

I know quite a few people who would agree with you on that, "Why not free soda beginning with our cruise?" question!!!

I will not have access to email again till Monday. Have a great weekend everyone! :cool:

My TA is the MAN!!!! He got on the phone with a DCL supervisor and plead our case.

Guess what? We are now having our own cocktail party on Friday night in the ESPN Skybox before dinner!!!! I couldn't believe it when he called me!

Looks like someone did sprinkle a little pixie dust for us after all!!!

:Pinkbounc

That's great they went out and fixed the problem with a great solution..go disney:p

A little off subject, but my sis had a baby girl last night!! Now my god daughter & I share the same b-day!!!!!!
How's that for fate:)

So needless to say, Ive been a bit scatterbrained..did we find a meeting place yet?? ideas but anything official??

Congratulations "Aunt Mickeynut" :p

Thanks, I am sure relieved it all worked out also. Actually, I think it worked out better than originally planned.

I am not sure if anything offical has been agreed to for meeting. But we will all be at the Sail Away Party, and then will go up to the ESPN Skybox for a bit after Sail Away ends. I would be happy to go elsewhere though if that's what everyone else decides.

When is the actual wedding date? You must be losing it around now!!!

:jester:

Tiffani,
Congrats on the new niece!! and a happy be-lated birthday to you!!
Only 10 days left till the big day (9 if you don't count today and who counts Mondays really?)

Lin,
Im so glad you were able to get your party moved! Your TA is the greatests!!

We are still waiting for 3 more groups to check in about meeting up and dinner times right?
Maybe someone could Private Message them and see if they are interested in the meet?

I spoke to DH this weekend and he has no problem with the wearing of the lei's....LOL
He is so excited, he will agree to do just about anything on the cruise that I ask now!!

Thanks everyone!!! There's been sooo much excitement around here..its nuts!!!!
Well Im still working on getting hubby-to-be to wear his top hat..I keep getting dirty looks everytime I mention us wearing them..the only other concern is how to pack his, since you cant fold it..any ideas???
well we're are getting into the single digits countdown to the wedding (July 11)..good stuff!!
:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :sunny:

Tiffani,
Once DH and I got to WDW with our hats, I wore mine and he didn't want to wear his, well he got razed so many times for not wearing his that whenever I was wearing mine he wore his...LOL

Tell him that if I see you and he doesn't have it on I will pick on him....and we will also get the cruise crew 2002 to pick on him....that is 29 people right there!!! LOL

I carried his hat on in a bag with magazines and other things we were gonna need on the plane, I packed mine since it folds....
We were able to carry the bag on with no problem as long as they looked through it, even though we already had our one carry on each (we flew 9/17 so they were making sure to check out everything!!)

I can't believe how close it is now!!!

I can't believe how close it FINALLY is!! I have all my family coming on the 4th, but as soon as they leave, I'm getting out the suitcases and starting to pack!!

Stacey, I tried to buy the leis the Disney store employees wear but they don't sell them...still looking! I'll try the party store...

After reading the "To Dis or not to Dis" thread I guess I could understand someone's hesitation about meeting, but I hope Lisa, Kat, and adkaul still come by to say hi at the sailaway party (they seem to have disappeared since about the 2nd page of this thread)!! Here's what we have so far:

Stacey and DH are wearing purple leis

Tiffani and new DH are wearing Mickey and Minnie Bridal Ears

Lin is wearing a Cruise Crew 2002 tshirt (how will we tell you apart from your group? That is, short of asking 28 other people!)

(I'm still looking for leis)

We'll all be at the sailaway party!

Have a happy 4th of July everyone!! Tiffani, congrats again on becoming an aunt and I hope all your preparations are going smoothly--it'll be a beautiful wedding!!

Gina

Hi Everyone,

Sorry I haven't posted since the second page. I have been talkng to Lin through E-mail and we will deinitely be at the sail away party looking for all of you. We don't have anything specific to wear but from what I can tell we won't have any problems finding all of you. I'm really looking forward to meeting everyone. This site has been amazing, I am on here every morning just reading everyones posts. I am going to miss this morning ritual after the cruise is over. Have a Great JULY 4TH. Lisa

Hey gang!
It is really getting close now!!
'
Did we decide on a final place to meet, or were we just going to look for the tees, hats and leis?

For myself and DH, we will hit the ESPN bar right after the boat drill for the beer mugs and then head to the sail away party.

I thought we had talked about Pluto's Dog House, but I wasn't sure if we had decided for sure yet.....

See ya real soon!!!

Hello all!

Goodstepmom,
OK, we will all be wearing the same shirt. The front says: Look Out Disney Here We Come and the back has the "Cruise Crew 2002
July 13-20" with all of our names and a little character picture. As far as picking me out from the group, I have red hair and freckles, and my boyfriend Derrick is from Guyana, he has very dark skin. Since I am sure we will be together for the sail away (and most times on the ship) it should be relatively easy to find me!! :0) Of course, if all else fails, just ask anyone wearing that shirt and they could point me out in a flash!

Since I haven't been on the ship, I don't know if my crowd will all fit by Pluto's Doghouse but I guess we can try!

I don't know how I am going to get ready in time, I have duty at the volunteer ambulance corps tonight, a meeting tomorrow, a doctor's appointment Wednesday. Guess I will be doing everything Thursday night and Friday. Somehow I believe I will manage!!!

:bounce:

Lin,
I think if we all just hang around in the general Pluto's House area we should be Ok.....

I hear ya on being busy this week....we will be packing on Friday night!

Stacey :Pinkbounc

Hi Everyone

I'm still around - just haven't had the chance to write. We'll be looking for everybody at the sail away party. Don't have anything special to wear but I think we'll be able to spot the leis, etc.

Adkaul,

Which seating did you book for dinner?

Stacey

Hi everyone! Well, we're busy now aren't we! Packing, last minute purchases...

We got our leis...multi-colored flowered ones and all four of us will be wearing them.

Can't wait 'til Saturday...see you at the party!

All of you travelling, have a great trip and be safe!

Gina

Gina,
I hear ya on running around!!! I just went at my lunch hour to buy phone cards for the added tip for the servers and room steward.

We have our Lei's all ready to go!

Cant wait to meet everyone!!

Hey there! Start Packing Everyone!! I just have to share this. My TA called DCL to see how we can arrange for a photgrapher to take a group photo at our cocktail party and to find out how we can get a character to pose. He was told the photgrapher would come for an $85 fee, and we could have as many characters as we want, for $550 each!!!!

So, which one of you wants to put on a costume and which one wants to hold my camera and snap the pictures for me??? :rolleyes:

Of course, we can get a group photo taken during regular photo times at no additional charge so that's what we will do. And of course there will be plenty of character posing opportunities. I just figured we could get the photo over with when we were all together anyway and all (most I imagine) buy the copy.

Oh well!!!!

Thank goodness tomorrow is my last day at work before we go. Friday is for hair, hands, feet, you know, all those girlie things.
I am about 75% packed, I am so proud of myself, I am never prepared this early.

See you all soon!:bounce:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter