July 13, 2012 - 5 Nights on the Disney Dream

My family will be on this cruise. My sister and I have a room together and then my parents have their own room. We are traveling with family friends who have another 4 staterooms. :)

This is my first cruise. I'm very excited - not quite sure what to expect, so I've been reading up as much as possible.

I didn't realize our cruise had a semi-formal night. I was planning on wearing dresses each night to dinner, but now I don't know if any of them are fancy enough to be considered "semi-formal."

Any dress, including summer type casual dresses work for semi-formal night - based on what we have seen on DCL cruises before and based on what DW & DD bring / wear as I do not do dresses very well :rotfl:

On the Disney Cruise Line website planning pages, it says the Pirates Deck Party is on night 3. :confused:

Yep, website indicates night 3 (Nassau) now, originally indicated night 4 (sea day) and I have DCl shoreside concierge telling me night 3 and all have gone back and forth:confused3 We had Palo for night 3 and changed ressie to night 4 as I do not want to be in a sport coat for pirate night.

Just gonna double check when we get on the ship and then try to change Palo and if we can't, just gonna go with the flow and enjoy no matter what :cool1:

Yep, website indicates night 3 (Nassau) now, originally indicated night 4 (sea day) and I have DCl shoreside concierge telling me night 3 and all have gone back and forth:confused3 We had Palo for night 3 and changed ressie to night 4 as I do not want to be in a sport coat for pirate night.

Just gonna double check when we get on the ship and then try to change Palo and if we can't, just gonna go with the flow and enjoy no matter what :cool1:

Thanks for the info on the dresses! :)

I thought I was going crazy because I could have sworn the Pirate Deck Party was originally scheduled for the day at sea and then I went on a few weeks later and it was on Day 3. So, I'm glad I'm not the only one who was a little messed up by that. My "crew" will be dining at Palo on night 4, too. I was disappointed to see the Pirate Deck Party was that night, since we'd miss it, but I'm glad to see it was changed. pirate:

My new camera arrived yesterday! Now, I just have to learn to use it in a week! ;)

Speaking of cameras, are there any "passporter" camera cards used on the cruise or CC? Or, are there the traditional photo spots where you view your photos that have already been developed. (Just thinking about the great photo albums we have created in the past through Disney).:dancer:(this dancer has nothing to do with this question but my daughter thought it was really funny!)

Happy Independence Day to all. What I meant to say in my previous post was the "photo pass" not "passporter". Sorry!

I have posted the final FE list on the Facebook page. I will email those who aren't on facebook later. Happy sailing!
Jenny

Happy 4th to everyone. I have all of the clothes laid out and ready to pack....and best of all my cabin assignment for my VGT came thru today...4A on deck 9....couldn't be happier!!!

Happy 4th to everyone. I have all of the clothes laid out and ready to pack....and best of all my cabin assignment for my VGT came thru today...4A on deck 9....couldn't be happier!!!

I am packed already! I have unpacked and repacked and I will do that one more time before I leave. :rotfl: Congrats on your cabin

I couldn't help myself so I repacked my DD's suitcase yesterday! I'm probably gonna do mine and Hubby's this weekend but I can't seem to find time to make my fish extender! I guess I'll be one of those people with a tote bag hanging from my fish clip;)!

I'll try to work on it tomorrow

Speaking of cameras, are there any "passporter" camera cards used on the cruise or CC? Or, are there the traditional photo spots where you view your photos that have already been developed. (Just thinking about the great photo albums we have created in the past through Disney).:dancer:(this dancer has nothing to do with this question but my daughter thought it was really funny!)

Kind of... It doesn't work the same on the ship as it does at the parks. Shutters has photographers out and about as well as at almost all the character greetings and special backdrops in the evenings. They use facial recognition to mark those for your stateroom. You can go buy Shutters anytime they're open and view the pics they have for your room - either on the kiosk electronically or the printed versions in your book.

They are very, very proud of the photo CD, and unless things have changed, you don't get the borders on any of the pics on the CD - but you can purchase the pictures with the borders for 50% off at the time you buy the CD.

I have posted the final FE list on the Facebook page. I will email those who aren't on facebook later. Happy sailing!
Jenny

Thanks again for doing this!!

mrp4352 said:
Kind of... It doesn't work the same on the ship as it does at the parks. Shutters has photographers out and about as well as at almost all the character greetings and special backdrops in the evenings. They use facial recognition to mark those for your stateroom. You can go buy Shutters anytime they're open and view the pics they have for your room - either on the kiosk electronically or the printed versions in your book.

They are very, very proud of the photo CD, and unless things have changed, you don't get the borders on any of the pics on the CD - but you can purchase the pictures with the borders for 50% off at the time you buy the CD.

Thanks again for doing this!!

How much is the CD roughly? Do they set up any portrait photos?

How much is the CD roughly? Do they set up any portrait photos?

on the Dream last year it ran about $400. If by portraits, you mean the backdrops that are set up in the atrium for pictures in the evening, then yes, yes they do.

If you mean individual 30-minute sessions like they have in the resorts at WDW - yes, they offer those, but it's $100 for the session plus the cost of the CD oh, and by the way, they will only put the session pictures on that CD, not all of your pictures from the whole cruise.

Oh, one other thing about the regular cruise CDs - they are only for one room. If you have multiple rooms in your group, make sure someone from the room that is actually purchasing the CD is in each picture. So, for us, we have two rooms, me and Mom in one room and brother with his wife and three girls in the other. Brother's room purchases the CD. Pictures of just me or me and Mom won't be on it, but pictures of me with my neices will be. (Clear as mud?)

I wish, wish, wish DCL would look at making the picture process more friendly - hopefully when the contract is up, they'll look at implementing the photopass process from the parks!

Agree, photo CD thing kills us every cruise we have taken from a cost and ease of use perspective, especially when compared to PhotoPass at the parks.

On a more positive note only 1 Week until sail away :beach:

mrp4352 said:
on the Dream last year it ran about $400. If by portraits, you mean the backdrops that are set up in the atrium for pictures in the evening, then yes, yes they do.

If you mean individual 30-minute sessions like they have in the resorts at WDW - yes, they offer those, but it's $100 for the session plus the cost of the CD oh, and by the way, they will only put the session pictures on that CD, not all of your pictures from the whole cruise.

Oh, one other thing about the regular cruise CDs - they are only for one room. If you have multiple rooms in your group, make sure someone from the room that is actually purchasing the CD is in each picture. So, for us, we have two rooms, me and Mom in one room and brother with his wife and three girls in the other. Brother's room purchases the CD. Pictures of just me or me and Mom won't be on it, but pictures of me with my neices will be. (Clear as mud?)

I wish, wish, wish DCL would look at making the picture process more friendly - hopefully when the contract is up, they'll look at implementing the photopass process from the parks!

Thank you! Very helpful!

:cool1:(In my Yo Gabba Gabba vioce)
"I'm so ex-ci-ted, I'm so ex-ci-ted!":cool1:

Gotta pack! Gotta do laundry! Gotta sew my FE! Gotta remember to breathe!!

6 more days!

Well, I wish you all swift packing, a good memory (so as to not forget the simplist things), and a safe journey to the "Dream".

It's Laundry Day!

That means tomorrow is Packing Day!!

That means the day after is Getaway Day!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter