July 13, 2012 - 5 Nights on the Disney Dream

Nothing in suitcase yet, but I have a growing stack of stuff to take!
What's the best place to be when the ship departs from port in Fla.? I have been on some non-Disney cruises and they have basically had music on the upper deck along with buffets set out.
Luckily I finished my FE bags today. All I have to do is get the 3 missing staterooms and wait to see if there is any further info on the family that was added on.:cool2:

What's the best place to be when the ship departs from port in Fla.? I have been on some non-Disney cruises and they have basically had music on the upper deck along with buffets set out.
:

Sail Away Party will be on deck 11 (pool deck) so either right there or on deck 12 looking down. If on deck 12, or if you have a verandah, be starboard side after the party as the view is better IMO as it is where the port webcam is http://portcanaveralwebcam.com/

Dream is sailing out today at 5:00 est / 4:00 cst today if you want to see

There will be a meet and greet on 13 July at 3:30,on deck 4 near the future cruise desk. Come out and meet the fine people of this thread. Kids can be introduced to one another, so that they can possibly hang out together in the clubs. See ya soon!

I was looking at the Port Canaveral webcam yesterday and my husband came over. He was like "are you looking at a video?". I said no, that's our ship live. I got to hear the horn and everything!

We booked a VGT and are still waiting to see where we are--I need to be doing something more productive than checking the site every 5 mins!

Sounds like everyone is as excited to set sail as much as we are! We just got our electric and internet connection back after a strong summer storm with 70mph winds two days ago. Now I can get back to wash and packing! Thank goodness we are back on track and no harm came to the FE's :laughing:

We booked a VGT and are still waiting to see where we are--I need to be doing something more productive than checking the site every 5 mins!

We booked a VGT too....I keep checking the reservation every 30 minutes! I heard that the cabins are usually assigned on Mondays....I am keeping my fingers crossed for tomorrow!

MNH said:
We booked a VGT too....I keep checking the reservation every 30 minutes! I heard that the cabins are usually assigned on Mondays....I am keeping my fingers crossed for tomorrow!

What is VGT?

TXDavis said:
Is there a formal night? Or just semi-formal? It's probably obvious but I'm not finding any info anywhere!

What do people wear on semi formal night!?

we have done 5 night twice and dressed up most do some dont its for the pictures:cool2:

VGT's are the type of reservation we made--offered at a discounted price on some cruises but you don't get to pick which room you have only whether it is inside (IGT), ocean view(OGT) or veranda(VGT). We don't have cabin assignments yet but can get them anytime between now and at the port. I figured being our first cruise it wouldn't matter where we were because we wouldn't know any different, I just wanted to be able to walk outside on a balcony.

OK, we discussed this confusion b4 on which night was going to be Pirate Night for making Palo reservations, etc. If you recall back a while ago the website listed Day 4, sea day as Pirate Night but when a few of us called DCL we were told that it would be on Day 3, Nassau.

If you go to your on-line reservation, select "cruise activities" the website is now indicating that Pirate Night is on Day 3, Nassau / Sunday 6/15.

Not posting this to add any confusion just passing on that the DCL website has changed.

Is there anything special that is done at dinner on Pirate night? I have Remy reservations that night and they end at 9:20 and according to the website the deck party doesn't begin until 9:45. That should give DH and I plenty of time to pick up the kids and head to the party, right? But, is there anything we might miss by not having our "scheduled" dinner with the kids that night? I just want to make sure I didn't fail to consider something. My kids will most definitely want to be at that pirate party!

Thanks in advance! We are so excited! We'll be there at the meet for sure! Can't wait to meet you all!

VGT's are the type of reservation we made--offered at a discounted price on some cruises but you don't get to pick which room you have only whether it is inside (IGT), ocean view(OGT) or veranda(VGT). We don't have cabin assignments yet but can get them anytime between now and at the port. I figured being our first cruise it wouldn't matter where we were because we wouldn't know any different, I just wanted to be able to walk outside on a balcony.

Still no assignment for me! I checked my reservation on the DCL website and then called. I was told it could be the end of the week! I checked several websites yesterday and the only balconies that were showing available were in the 4 catagories. I asked if it was possible that is what I would get....told nope you could get a small obstructed balcony, not all availability shows up! I know I gambled with a VGT and a small obstructed balcony is better than none, but I do spend a lot of time on the balcony so I am keeping my fingers crossed for a regular balcony.

Is there anything special that is done at dinner on Pirate night? I have Remy reservations that night and they end at 9:20 and according to the website the deck party doesn't begin until 9:45. That should give DH and I plenty of time to pick up the kids and head to the party, right? But, is there anything we might miss by not having our "scheduled" dinner with the kids that night? I just want to make sure I didn't fail to consider something. My kids will most definitely want to be at that pirate party!

Thanks in advance! We are so excited! We'll be there at the meet for sure! Can't wait to meet you all!

The servers have on pirate garb and the menus are pirate themed like treasure maps. You will have time to get to the party and fireworks. Just double check when we all get onboard as this thing has changed 3 times and is still "subject to change" per DCL so pirate night may not be on the night you have Remy if it changes again.

I called DCL today and they told me semi-formal was night 2 and pirate night was night 4. Still waiting for VGT--I looked at the cruise booking site and July 13th doesn't even come up as available anymore.

My family will be on this cruise. My sister and I have a room together and then my parents have their own room. We are traveling with family friends who have another 4 staterooms. :)

This is my first cruise. I'm very excited - not quite sure what to expect, so I've been reading up as much as possible.

I didn't realize our cruise had a semi-formal night. I was planning on wearing dresses each night to dinner, but now I don't know if any of them are fancy enough to be considered "semi-formal."

I called DCL today and they told me semi-formal was night 2 and pirate night was night 4. Still waiting for VGT--I looked at the cruise booking site and July 13th doesn't even come up as available anymore.

On the Disney Cruise Line website planning pages, it says the Pirates Deck Party is on night 3. :confused:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter