July 13, 2012 - 5 Nights on the Disney Dream

Any done the blue lagoon beach or Atlantis beach?
We just booked extreme package on 1st day of CC, snorkels and floats on second day, plus teen excursion for older son. Also b.ue lagoon beach day on Nassau.

It's getting very exciting!!!!!

Woops! I forgot to add that we also booked the Atlantis. We had gone to the Atlantis two years ago when we were on a different cruise line. However we did the dolphin interaction combined with the water park (lunch voucher NOT included). The dolphin interaction was first followed by the water park. We found it to be a little overwhelming to do both because we had a hard time finding a locker so I had to stay at the lounge chair (another hot commodity) to watch our belongings. I am happy to say that I don't predict the same experience this time. My DH had told me that the CC were booked up at 12:01am today. The only bike rental we were able to get was the the 2-day. GOOD LUCK TO ALL

Hi Everyone! So excited we were able to go online this morning and book. We (along with 5 other families we are cruising with) booked the Extreme Package first day we visit CC and dinner at Palo our last night. Does anyone know what night we are having Pirate Night? Can't wait until we cruise! I don't know who's more excited me or the kids! :yay:

Hi Everyone! So excited we were able to go online this morning and book. We (along with 5 other families we are cruising with) booked the Extreme Package first day we visit CC and dinner at Palo our last night. Does anyone know what night we are having Pirate Night? Can't wait until we cruise! I don't know who's more excited me or the kids! :yay:
Sounds like you all will have a great time! I believe the Pirate night will be on day#4 July 16th from 9:45-10:30pm on the top deck. pirate:

Sounds like you all will have a great time! I believe the Pirate night will be on day#4 July 16th from 9:45-10:30pm on the top deck. pirate:

Thanks for the quick response! Do you know if they do anything special during dinner on Pirate Night. I want to say that I read something about it several months ago. But I don't remember what it was and now I can't find it.

We are cruising with 9 other families plus my family. There are about 40 of us total. It seems I've been emailing, texting, FBing or calling people from our group all day. To say we are excited about this cruise is an understatement! :)

I am not sure what is done for dinner on Pirate Night but I do have a friend that cruised a couple years ago on Disney. I will have to check with her. I did see on the cruise CD where people were dressed as pirates (obviously). The rest is news to me. We are about to make our "Countdown to Cruise" calendar this week. My girls love to draw Disney characters on a poster board and they take turns crossing off the days. It gives the family a real sense of how close we are getting especially on those hectic days when you really need a vacation.

I need to vent a little.....I'm so confused right now about Pirate Night. When I go online to book activities for our cruise, it says the Pirate Deck Party (which I assume is Pirate Night) is on the 4th night (the 16th). But when I called DCL yesterday, they told me Pirate Night is the 3rd night (the 15th). I don't know what do to seeing we based our Palo reservation on the fact that Pirate Night is on the 16th. I've heard you don't want to see it. And I know my kids would love it! Any advice from experienced DCL cruisers would be greatly appreciated!

Also I have another question, while at CC we booked the extreme getaway package. Would I be able to bring my 3 and 4 yo with us during the string ray visit portion of the excursion (even if DH and I hold them)? TIA!

Hi Cheryl-

I wish I knew what to tell you on the Pirate night - my initial thought is that you might look at some recent navigators to check the times on the two pirate party shows - the earlier one is very interactive, my neices loved it last year! then there's the break for second dining/second show and after that is the pirate show that ends with the fireworks and dance party. Maybe your Palo meal is timed in between the two shows?

I know there's been confusion on my Alaskan cruise this month around which night is the pirate party, but I would think the 5-night Dream cruises would be fairly steady on which night the party occurs on...

I'm rereading this and realize I don't have much help for you, I'm so sorry...
Michelle

Hi Everyone. I will start a spreadsheet for the FE exchange. When you have your room assignment let me know. Let's keep this FE open until July 1, 2012. After that day it is closed!!!!!
We would like to be added to the FE group.
Jim and Bev Dyson
Cabin 5520
Also Doug & Cindy Lemal
Cabin 5522
Please let us know if you need any additional information from us. Thanks

I have seen on the DIS that other cruises had the same problem - DCL website indicates one date but actual is something else. Not that this is going to be more accurate than PP about what DCL stated, but I will check with concierge tomorrow and let all know what they say for actual Pirate Night date - we have Palo resies as well and I do not want them to be on Pirate Night.

For those wanting to know about Pirate Night Dinner. The restaurants will all have "pirate themed" menus (keep them as they are good for scrapbooking) and the food is the same in every restaurant. They have always had pirate bandannas for everyone at the tables and the wait staff have pirate themed attire. Guests can dress normal cruise casual or some go all out in pirate dress. If you have younger kids, or are just young at heart, the shops on the Dream will have eye patches, hooks, swords, Capt Jack Sparrow captain hats, etc. if you want to pick-up as well or bring your own.

I am not sure what is done for dinner on Pirate Night but I do have a friend that cruised a couple years ago on Disney. I will have to check with her. I did see on the cruise CD where people were dressed as pirates (obviously). The rest is news to me. We are about to make our "Countdown to Cruise" calendar this week. My girls love to draw Disney characters on a poster board and they take turns crossing off the days. It gives the family a real sense of how close we are getting especially on those hectic days when you really need a vacation.

Hello,

Though dated February 2011, the below link will show you the menu for pirate night. I just got off the Fantasy and it has not changed (have copy of menu in hand). Hope this is helpful!

http://allears.net/cruise/ships/drea...us/pirates.htm

Spoke to shoreside concierge team this morning and "as of right now" Pirate night is on night #3, Sunday July 15th - NOT as posted on the DCL website as night #4. We have Palo ressies for night #3 based on Pirate Night being on night #4 and I was unable to move it. I was told that these nights are subject to change but I doubt it so looks like we may be doing Pirate Night deck party and fireworks all dressed up from Palo dinner.

Website still does not match what a couple of us have been told now, we will just have to be flexible or try to change ressies once on board.

Spoke to shoreside concierge team this morning and "as of right now" Pirate night is on night #3, Sunday July 15th - NOT as posted on the DCL website as night #4. We have Palo ressies for night #3 based on Pirate Night being on night #4 and I was unable to move it. I was told that these nights are subject to change but I doubt it so looks like we may be doing Pirate Night deck party and fireworks all dressed up from Palo dinner.

Website still does not match what a couple of us have been told now, we will just have to be flexible or try to change ressies once on board.

Just as an additional confirmation to budamacdvcr's info about Pirate night being on night 3 (Nassau) and NOT night four, I pulled out navigators from a previous 5-Night bahamian on the Dream (June 2011) and Pirate night was on the night that we were in Nassau. This makes sense, as formal and semi-formal nights on Disney cruises are always (with occasional exception) reserved for "at Sea" days. Based on all of this info, I think it's a safe bet at this point to firmly conclude that the website is incorrect.

Thats dissapointing, I too booked Palo based off the website - as it is our first time, I don't want to miss anything :(

Just as an additional confirmation to budamacdvcr's info about Pirate night being on night 3 (Nassau) and NOT night four, I pulled out navigators from a previous 5-Night bahamian on the Dream (June 2011) and Pirate night was on the night that we were in Nassau. This makes sense, as formal and semi-formal nights on Disney cruises are always (with occasional exception) reserved for "at Sea" days. Based on all of this info, I think it's a safe bet at this point to firmly conclude that the website is incorrect.

I'm so confused. I just spoke with DCL and they said that our info is more accurate on the website, then theirs, and to keep my Palo reservation on the 15th. She said if our activities page says pirate night is on 16th, then it is correct. Ugh! I wish I new which was right!

I need to vent a little.....I'm so confused right now about Pirate Night. When I go online to book activities for our cruise, it says the Pirate Deck Party (which I assume is Pirate Night) is on the 4th night (the 16th). But when I called DCL yesterday, they told me Pirate Night is the 3rd night (the 15th). I don't know what do to seeing we based our Palo reservation on the fact that Pirate Night is on the 16th. I've heard you don't want to see it. And I know my kids would love it! Any advice from experienced DCL cruisers would be greatly appreciated!

Also I have another question, while at CC we booked the extreme getaway package. Would I be able to bring my 3 and 4 yo with us during the string ray visit portion of the excursion (even if DH and I hold them)? TIA!

I'm so confused and frustrated too. I just spoke with DCL and they said that our info is more accurate on the website, then theirs, and to keep my Palo reservation on the 15th. She said if our activities page says pirate night is on 16th, then it is correct. She confirmed it with her supervisor. Ugh! I wish I new which was right!

Does anyone know if it is possible to cancel activity reservations online? Or do I have to wait until on the boat? I'm thinking of booking Palo another night to be safe, then cancelling my 1st reservation on the ship if I have to wait that long. Will I still get charged if I wait until the boat?

Not sure if this helps, but I went online and booked 17th Palo dinner and it automatically canceled my 15th reservation. Now I can avoid pirate night all together :)

Hello everyone! We are getting closer to the 90 day mark.:woohoo: Trying to keep my mind occupied with other things so that the time will fly by. Have a great week! My family and I leave for Disney in 2 days and my kids have no idea about this trip. I can't wait to see their reactions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter