July 13, 2012 - 5 Nights on the Disney Dream

Despite the fact that the price at first can be scary - $499 for family beach Cabana, it is not as bad as it seems, at least for our group of 5 which is me, DW & 3 teenagers. Cabana rental includes snorkeling gear, bike rentals and float and tubes for the ocean which if you do all these like us this would be $32 per or $160 for all 5 of us. Plus each cabana has a refridgerator filled with bottle waters, sodas & juices which the CMs keep stocked all day along with some snacks and cold towels.

Here is a link from this site for a video of the cabanas (about half way down the page)
http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/cruise-new/cr-port-castawaycay.cfm

Benefits / spoils are:
  1. Beach section only for cabana users - less crowded
  2. Fresh water shower, sun deck, cushioned chairs as seen in video
  3. On call team for ordeing adult drinks
  4. Basically being pampered and having much nicer amenities than just hanging on the beach
Downside is that for our 5 Night Sailing all the family beach cabanas are as of today completely booked for the second CC day on Tues 7/17 and only 3 family beach cabanas are left for the first CC day on Sat 7/14.

Hope this helps and let me know if I can provide any additional info.

Just created a Facebook page for our cruise. Give me your name and I will add you to the group!

Page is called:
Cruisin with Mickey 7.13.12-7.18.12

I just noticed that I spelled my husbands name wrong - our names are Wendy Ruiz and Robert Ruiz.

Thank you for adding us on FB!:cool1:

I have a question about the FE's. I would like to know if it is tradition to include an item for each member for the family or a group of items for all. I have started to gather items but would like to be sure there will be enough for all. :confused3 Also, can anyone explain how we go about bringing gifts for the cast members in order to have character autographs signed on an item ie: pillowcases.

I have a question about the FE's. I would like to know if it is tradition to include an item for each member for the family or a group of items for all. I have started to gather items but would like to be sure there will be enough for all. :confused3 .

We've done both individual gifts and family gifts. It really is up to you.

Thanks for the info on FE's Michelle-
I took a look at your thread from the maiden voyage of the Dream! How cool! I can't wait to see everything in person. I can't wait for my family & myself to experience all the beauty and magical surprises.

I'm do bummed. Since it is our first disney cruise, we don't have a good date :( we can't sign up for anything until April 29th, it will all be gone by then. Any tips on how to get around that? Can I call sooner?

Thanks for the info on FE's Michelle-
I took a look at your thread from the maiden voyage of the Dream! How cool! I can't wait to see everything in person. I can't wait for my family & myself to experience all the beauty and magical surprises.

Thanks! It really was the experience of a lifetime!

I'm do bummed. Since it is our first disney cruise, we don't have a good date :( we can't sign up for anything until April 29th, it will all be gone by then. Any tips on how to get around that? Can I call sooner?

I don't think there's any way around it. However, if you don't get what you want - keep checking back on line. If someone cancels, the opening will appear instantaneously on line for booking. Also, the last couple of cruises, we haven't been able to pre-book Palo, but once we got on board, we went straight to the Palo Reservation desk and were given our choice of evenings and times. So don't lose hope!!

We were able to book at 120 days which allows me to see what is and is not available. If you know some of the things you are interested in doing go ahead an post them and I will check availability for you - if I don't forget to check back here:surfweb:

We were able to book at 120 days which allows me to see what is and is not available. If you know some of the things you are interested in doing go ahead an post them and I will check availability for you - if I don't forget to check back here:surfweb:

Thank you! Is there a way to see what the excursions are? I do t have a list and can't find them on the website.

Thanks! It really was the experience of a lifetime!

I don't think there's any way around it. However, if you don't get what you want - keep checking back on line. If someone cancels, the opening will appear instantaneously on line for booking. Also, the last couple of cruises, we haven't been able to pre-book Palo, but once we got on board, we went straight to the Palo Reservation desk and were given our choice of evenings and times. So don't lose hope!!

Thank you, I'm sure it will all work out, just dissapointed. Can't wait :)

One we are hoping for is Atlantis, any info on that would be great. Also, will we have any trouble signing the boys up for their clubs?

One we are hoping for is Atlantis, any info on that would be great. Also, will we have any trouble signing the boys up for their clubs?

You should have no problems with signing the boys up for their clubs as you can also do this at the terminal when you check in. As of right now, everything Atlantis and Blue Lagoon is still available.

To get a list of excursions from the DCL website,
  1. Select the "Cruises and Destinations" block at the top of the page
  2. Then select "Port Adventures"
  3. On the right of the page "Port Adventures Just for You" you can select specific ports
  4. Select Nassau or Castaway Cay for wahts available at each
If this does not work, here is a link for Nassaua
http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/cruises-destinations/shore-excursions/search/

And link for Castaway Cay
http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/cruises-destinations/shore-excursions/search/

If this does not help you just post any additional questions.

Hi Everyone. I will start a spreadsheet for the FE exchange. When you have your room assignment let me know. Let's keep this FE open until July 1, 2012. After that day it is closed!!!!!

Hi Everyone! Haven't been on this board in months. Starting to get super excited about our cruise! Please count us in for the FE exchange. We are staterooms 2016 and 2018. It will be DH, me, DD (9), DS (7), DS (4) and DS (3).

I have a couple of questions. If we drop off pillowcases at the service desk at the beginning of the cruise, do we provide the markers too? Also, are we (this group) doing any kind of meet and greet? Thanks!

Hi Everyone! Haven't been on this board in months. Starting to get super excited about our cruise! Please count us in for the FE exchange. We are staterooms 2016 and 2018. It will be DH, me, DD (9), DS (7), DS (4) and DS (3).

I have a couple of questions. If we drop off pillowcases at the service desk at the beginning of the cruise, do we provide the markers too? Also, are we (this group) doing any kind of meet and greet? Thanks!

Yes, provide fabric markers so the autographs do not bleed, smudge or wear off.

Hi Everyone. I will start a spreadsheet for the FE exchange. When you have your room assignment let me know. Let's keep this FE open until July 1, 2012. After that day it is closed!!!!!

Hello, Please add myself (DH) and DW to FE extender list. Thank you!!!

DIS Name: No1MouseFan
DH: Justen (Age: Kid At Heart)
DW: Susan (Age: Kid At Heart)
Cabin: 2010

P.S. Just got back from the Fantasy maiden voyage...what an awesome experience!

Just checking in to wish all cruisers and fellow FE's a happy Spring! We are getting closer to our cruise date and I can't wait to enjoy mine and my family's 1st Disney Cruise. Quick question about the FE spreadsheet- will it be posted on this site and how soon before the cruise will it be posted. Sorry for all the question we are newbies:)

Just checking in to wish all cruisers and fellow FE's a happy Spring! We are getting closer to our cruise date and I can't wait to enjoy mine and my family's 1st Disney Cruise. Quick question about the FE spreadsheet- will it be posted on this site and how soon before the cruise will it be posted. Sorry for all the question we are newbies:)

No questions are silly. This is our families second Disney cruise. We had a blast doing the fish extenders on the last cruise. It was like Christmas every time we opened our door, presents would magically appear! I will email everyone a spread sheet as we get closer to the departure. I will need everyone's email but I can ask for that later.

I am going to try to post some pictures of the FE I made last time. I think I have some pictures of the gifts that were left too. The last FE we participated in had about 25 families. It was rather big. If ours gets that big we can talk about splitting it if that is what the group wants. We are all going to be on vacation. No stress!!!!

Feel free to ask any questions here or on our facebook link.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/359029074117884/

Someone asked about a meet up. If someone else wants to organize that it would be great. Looks like there are going to be a lot of kids the same age and they might like to get to know each other.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter