• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

July 13, 2008 - Cruisin' the Mexican Riviera

Brenda in CA

Mouseketeer
Haven't seen a thread started for this date, so I thought I'd get one started! Who's going?

Me - 37
DH - 38
DD1 - 12
DD2 - 9
DD3 - 4
DD4 - 3 mos.

2 Category 9 connecting rooms

I'm already so excited!! I keep reading to find out all the tips and tricks so we won't miss out on anything! :surfweb: I'd love to meet any of you who will be joining us on our trip.

Brenda

We not on this one but thought I wish you well,

We are on the Aug 3rd Mexican Rivera cruise

Just stopping by to say hi :wave:

My family will be going on 7-13-08 also. There is me, my DH, DS (will be 18 - we havebooked him, but will give him the choice to go or not as it comes closer), and DD (will be 13). We will be a cat 9 room on deck 2. We are also traveling with 2 other families who both have girls that will be 11 & 12 during the trip.

This will be the 2nd cruise for me & my DD's 2nd DCL cruise, as we were on the 11-night Southern Caribbean cruise on the Magic in September. It was a girls trip, we went with my mother, and left all the boys at home! :woohoo:

We had such a fun trip that I told my husband when we heard the announcement for the West Coast itinerary that we are definately going because I want him to see how great the ship is (plus we don't have to pay to fly).:thumbsup2

My family will be going on 7-13-08 also. There is me, my DH, DS (will be 18 - we havebooked him, but will give him the choice to go or not as it comes closer), and DD (will be 13). We will be a cat 9 room on deck 2. We are also traveling with 2 other families who both have girls that will be 11 & 12 during the trip.

This will be the 2nd cruise for me & my DD's 2nd DCL cruise, as we were on the 11-night Southern Caribbean cruise on the Magic in September. It was a girls trip, we went with my mother, and left all the boys at home! :woohoo:

We had such a fun trip that I told my husband when we heard the announcement for the West Coast itinerary that we are definately going because I want him to see how great the ship is (plus we don't have to pay to fly).:thumbsup2

My older DD's will be 14 and 10 when we cruise, so they'll definitely have to meet your dd and the other girls who are going. I'm sure they will meet in the kids club. If your DD will be 13, will she be going to Teen club (for ages 13-17)? My 10 year old will be in the younger group (for ages 8-12).

We were also thrilled when Disney announced the west coast cruises as well. We live in Northern California and just thrilled that we won't need to fly. That's what has kept us from going on the Disney cruise in the past. The cruise itself is expensive, but add 6 airfares cross country and it's far too expensive.

Sounds like a good age group with all the girls. When we went on the cruise in September my DD was; upset because I wouldn't let her sign herself out of the club (gee, what a mean mom!). So she boycotted the club and wouldn't go at all. She is usually very outgoing and makes friends easily, but just wouldn't try the club last time. But we still had a fabulous time since it was just a girls trip anyway.

I'm not sure what will happen this time since my DD would be in the teen club and her friends will be in the age group below.

Sounds like a good age group with all the girls. When we went on the cruise in September my DD was; upset because I wouldn't let her sign herself out of the club (gee, what a mean mom!). So she boycotted the club and wouldn't go at all. She is usually very outgoing and makes friends easily, but just wouldn't try the club last time. But we still had a fabulous time since it was just a girls trip anyway.

I'm not sure what will happen this time since my DD would be in the teen club and her friends will be in the age group below.

My "will be 14-year-old" isn't really responsible so she won't be signing herself out either. I'm sure she'll want to go though. She'll enjoy what freedom she has while she's there in the club. My "will be 10-year-old" will be just shy of 11 by one month, but she won't be signing herself in or out either. I'm a little overprotective, but I'd rather know where they are than having them wander the ship as they please.

Hi everyone! We'll also be sailing at this time. It will be our 4th cruise. We live in Nevada so we will probably drive to the port too.

We are:

Me
DH
DD - 14 at time of cruise
DD - 11 at time of cruise

We are also sailing with two other families. The first family has two small children who will be 1 and 3. The second family has a DS who will be 18, a DD who will be 16 and another DD who will be 12.

Looking forward to this cruise! Mexico here we come!

My "will be 14-year-old" isn't really responsible so she won't be signing herself out either. I'm sure she'll want to go though. She'll enjoy what freedom she has while she's there in the club. My "will be 10-year-old" will be just shy of 11 by one month, but she won't be signing herself in or out either. I'm a little overprotective, but I'd rather know where they are than having them wander the ship as they please.

If I'm not mistaken, a 14 year old doesn't have to sign themselves out. The teens can come and go as they please. Sorry!

Maybe we should PM mailing address and the girls' names and let them write each other. I know my daughters would love to have "pen pals" that will be on the same cruise. They could get to know each other before we sail and be able to look forward to meeting someone that they already "know". Let me know if you are interested. My email address is KBThomason@ comcast.net if you are interested.

Hi,

We are booked on this cruise too, also cat. 9 on deck 2. My husband and I will both be 40 next year and our daughter will have just turned 13 a few weeks prior to the cruise and my son will be 11. We cruised on the Wonder once for the 3 night in '05. We live in Orange County about 20 minutes south of Disneyland. It is going to be so great not to have to fly. :cool1:

Wow! Lots of girls on this cruise. I'm going to ask my girls if they want to email to "meet" ahead of time. We did this on our last cruise and they had a great time with their new friends.

Have a great day everyone!

I might be on this cruise, I don't know what one my dad booked yet, he hasn't told me, but he booked one I know. I've been on the wonder once is 2002, magic is 2005, and magic is 2006 double dip cruise. I'll be 20 by the time of the cruise, I am 18 now and my first year of college. I just wanted to say hi.

Hi Brenda,
Saw your post about the kid's club on the main cruise board. Sounds like it will work out for you and your 14 year old DD. Do you think that she will mind not being able to go to the teen's club? I know that this will be the first time that my oldest is able to go and she can't wait. We did give our girls sign out privileges on our last cruise and thankfully it worked out okay. They both had friends that they had made online before getting there and pretty much stuck with these girls. They knew that if they broke our rules about the sign out that they would lose their privileges.

Hi,

Can you fill me in on what the main post had to say? My daughter will have just turned 13 about three weeks prior to the cruise so I am very concerned about her being in the teen area, I am not sure she will be ready to be hanging with 16 and 17 year olds. I also don't think her 11 year old brother will enjoy the Lab without her. I was thinking of seeing if she could still be in the Lab. Is that possible? Thanks for any info. :thumbsup2

I'll ask my daughter to see if she would be interested in having some pen pals before the trip (I don't want to commit her if she isn't interested in keeping up with writing). But it sounds like a excellent idea and a great way for the kids to make new friends.

Hi Brenda,
Saw your post about the kid's club on the main cruise board. Sounds like it will work out for you and your 14 year old DD. Do you think that she will mind not being able to go to the teen's club? I know that this will be the first time that my oldest is able to go and she can't wait. We did give our girls sign out privileges on our last cruise and thankfully it worked out okay. They both had friends that they had made online before getting there and pretty much stuck with these girls. They knew that if they broke our rules about the sign out that they would lose their privileges.

Well, here lies the problem. If I let her go to the teen club and she doesn't follow the rules, then what can I really hold over her head. If the teens aren't signed in or out at all, then I can't use that if I need to. The only other option would be to not allow her to go at all if she doesn't abide by our rules. But then it makes it no fun for her or us. We do want to have a little time alone as well and know that she would enjoy the clubs.

I understand where you're coming from. One of the reasons we love DCL is because we can also have some alone time. It's one of the only vacations where we can do things together as a family but also feel secure in letting the kids do things on there own so we can also do things on our own.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter