July 12th Free Dining Posting?

cey

Disney Veteran
Any predictions on what time Disney will post the free dining announcement?:hyper:

Does the announcement have to be posted on the WDW site before you can phone to make your reservations? I am sure that some of our DIS vets will know the answer to this one! Also are long waits on hold the telephone norm?

When I phoned today to check if I had one of those "magic" PIN numbers for free dining linked to my name, the agent told me that their system was down for "upgrading". She did not confirm or deny the July 12th date, when I discussed upgrading my room reservation with her. Too bad, she couldn't get into her system! Hmmm! I wonder if that has anything to do with the free dining announcement!.......:rotfl: The quest for free dining draws closer!:hourglass

Regardless of when they officially post the announcement, the offer will be active first thing in the morning. And yes, their phone lines do get busy for the first few hours.

Mouse savers says Thursday we went in to AAA to revise our October trip yesterday when it came up here on the Dis bords and Mouse Savers for Visa Card holders, we are set. Good luck to everyone Thursday it will happen. :thumbsup2

Check here
http://www.mousesavers.com/

Yep I just got off the phone after tweaking some ADRs .... I tried to ask questions about the free dining and every time the CM said "I cannot discuss the promotion until Thursday" ... she was like a robot, probably sick of all the people calling up and asking :rotfl:

Any predictions on what time Disney will post the free dining announcement?:hyper:

Does the announcement have to be posted on the WDW site before you can phone to make your reservations? I am sure that some of our DIS vets will know the answer to this one! Also are long waits on hold the telephone norm?

When I phoned today to check if I had one of those "magic" PIN numbers for free dining linked to my name, the agent told me that their system was down for "upgrading". She did not confirm or deny the July 12th date, when I discussed upgrading my room reservation with her. Too bad, she couldn't get into her system! Hmmm! I wonder if that has anything to do with the free dining announcement!.......:rotfl: The quest for free dining draws closer!:hourglass
The WDW reservation lines open up at 7 am EST and that's when you will be able to call and book/modify your free dining reservation. The free dining info probably won't be on the site when the phone line opens. When the free dining promos first started a number of years ago, sometimes the discount wasn't posted on their website for a few days. The phone line will be crazy all day and the waits for some people will be very long.

It's not really "if" they have the free dining discount on Thursday, July 12, they will. It came out yesterday for the Disney Visa holders and it clearly states on the Disney Visa site that the free dining promo will open for the general public on July 12.

Also, the computers were probably down because the new 2013 resort package rates and 2012 Disney Dining prices will be released tomororw, July 11, and there phone lines will be crazy with people calling to book their 2012 vacations packages.

Yep I just got off the phone after tweaking some ADRs .... I tried to ask questions about the free dining and every time the CM said "I cannot discuss the promotion until Thursday" ... she was like a robot, probably sick of all the people calling up and asking :rotfl:

I just got of the phone with the CM, I called to ask if there was a pin atached to my account. She told me she looked everywhere but unfortunately not. She informed me to call back first thing thursday and she "believes" free dining will be a promotion. That it comes out a few days after it is released to Visa holders and the dates are the same.

Any idea if they'll be announcing 2013 dates? My AAA agent just booked our package today, but there was no free dining at that time. Keeping fingers crossed for January!

Can anyone confirm they have called today ( in regards to the free dining) for the general public release and it was confirmed? I live in Australia so I don't want to make a costly phone call to find out it hasnt been released.

We already have a booking at CS but the resort seems to be sold out, so looks like we might have to change to POR or POFQ in order to recieve free dining.

I got through by phone right at 7 am and was able to change my existing room reservation over to the Free Dining package! My agent did confirm that the AoA, LM standard rooms are not included in the QSDP (as I suspected) and that POP is filling up quickly as a result. DFS and I booked our flights and we are set to go! :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

So looking forward to seeing Santa Mickey! :santa:

I too am anxiously awaiting the free dining option for January 2013. Hopefully they release those dates soon... I've been waiting to book this vacation for months at CSR!

Have been on hold for an hour waiting....... wow I knew it would be busy, but an hour suprises me.

I called this morning at 8:30 Eastern Time.

Waited on hold 30 minutes. Entire call took 40 minutes.

Added a day at the beginning of my current reservations to catch the free dining, and in doing so, saved $400 bucks!! :cool1::cool1:

An extra day of magic and saving 400 bucks, yes please!

Now, to try and get a decent ADR for a place when I'm 4 months out.

I didn't call until almost 9:30am (MI time) and was on hold less than 5 minutes! The CM switched our first day to a room only reservation (Nov. 22nd), then put on the free dining for the rest of the reservation and we ended up with a refund on our gift cards of almost $600! That was even after upgrading from the QS dining plan. I'm incredibly happy right now!!! :love: DH told me we would never get free dining...he doesn't believe in the magic! :dance3:

I ended up booking online, I was on hold for 30 minutes and didn't know if I would be left on hold for even longer. I do have an existing booking (which I will need to call and cancel during a quieter period) however I knew I wouldn't get free dining on the existing booking (Coronado springs which is completely booked out for my dates). I booked at POR and think I will enjoy the resort more - booked a royal guest room and they look great.

I called around 8:45 CST and was on hold for 30 minutes, then the phone call probably took another 30 minutes. I was changing existing reservations, though (FD was not offered for our first rooms).

I too am anxiously awaiting the free dining option for January 2013. Hopefully they release those dates soon... I've been waiting to book this vacation for months at CSR!
I read on another thread that the 2012 free dining for January - March would not come out until around the end of September when the booking for the current free dining ends.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter