• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

July 12th 7 day

GrumpyMom1

DIS Veteran
I have a hold on a cabin for the July 12th 7 day cruise. Anyone else going then?

I was a frequent visitor here 3 years ago before our 4 day Wonder cruise in Dec. 2000. It's been so long that I forgot my user name and password and had to re-register because my email address has changed.

We had a great time on our 4 day cruise and shortly after I booked a 7 day for Nov. 2002. Then my husband decided he wanted a divorce but my DD's (14 and 10 now) were going to go anyway. Eventually I had to cancel the cruise because I needed the money elsewhere. Ever since, the girls and I have been dying to go again. My 14yo constantly comments about wanting to go again. I was beginning to think it would never happen. Older DD starts high school next year and I don't think it will be a good idea to take her out of school to go on a trip when the rates are cheaper. But then a few days ago I stumbled across a good rate (good for summer) on a Cat. 11 guarantee for the July 12th cruise. So here I am. I'm still debating if I should really spend the money on this trip but I'm almost positive I will be making that final payment in a few days.

The girls don't know yet. They still think we are going on a driving trip. I was going to keep it a secret for a while but I don't think I can so I will tell them soon after everything is final. Does anyone have any good ideas for a creative way to tell them?

You don't know how excited I am to be here again!

Mom, don't be grumpy! We are going July 12th also!

My DW, DD(9) and I will be onboard, looking for a fun time!

Put down that deposit, it sounds as if you need and deserve a special vacation! :p

Hope to meet you onboard!

Hi FlatcoatLuver! Grumpy is just one of my (and DD's) favorite characters right now. I'm not really grumpy (well, maybe a little sometimes). But it's amazing how booking a cruise can change that. I'm getting very close to making the payment and finalizing this trip! I'm so excited and can't wait to tell the kids.

GrumpyMom---

Don't tell them! Just tell 'em to pack tropical stuff and hit the road. The suspense will drive them wild! :p

Glad to hear you are going.

Got our docs yesterday!

I couldn't keep it a surprise and the girls know about our "Magical" trip. They are extremely excited and it's all we ever talk about. I'm sure we're driving everyone around us nuts!

Only 3 1/2 more weeks :bounce:

We also made a last minute decision to cruise on July 12. The summer so far in Pennsylvania has been awful, so we decided to hope for some sunshine on the cruise. Just two of us--my husband and me! I usually wear a lime ribbon somewhere, so keep an eye out for me--I love meeting fellow DIS-ers.

Glad you are coming along, Rikersmom!

Yes, this winter and spring have been cold and rainy (not to mention the ice storm) in Carolina too. We have had 18 inches of rain more than normal here. I am ready for some warm, sunny weather.

We will be looking for your ribbon. I am blond with very fair skin, my wife calls me "Sharkbait". :p Look for me, I will be the one with an inch of SPF 45 slathered on!

Only a couple of more weeks to go!

:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

Hi, "Sharkbait"--

My son is a graduate of UNC-Chapel Hill, and every time I visited there I wished I could go back to school in Carolina.

You'll be amazed at the number of fair people the first day or so, and you'll be shocked at the number of lobster-colored folks later in the week. The #45 is a really good idea.

Karen

We will be sailing the July 12 cruise, it's our DD 16th birthday. I don't remember my parents taking me on a cruise. Hope everyone on the cruise has fun, and the weather is HOT and SUNNY, as we have had no HOT and DRY and SUNNY days in Baltimore.:Pinkbounc :p :bounce:

What a coincidence, my nephew is a sophomore at UNC.

I plan to bring gallons of suntan lotion. Years ago, I went to Jamaica over Memorial Day. When I stepped off the plane into the sun I felt as if I was being microwaved! The sun is so intense down there. Folks should be careful, a sunburn can ruin their entire vacation on the first day.

Welcome aboard DHWD! Three weeks from tomorrow!

Well UPS just dropped off DW,DD, and my documents for the trip. Now we can really get excited. As usual it is raining here in Baltimore. This year there will be no drought. I can only hope for alot of fun in the sun. Hope to see everyone in 3 weeks. Be safe and remember our TROOPS.:Pinkbounc :bounce: :cool: :smooth:

Only 2 more weeks until we leave. We will be staying at the airport Hyatt the night before.

Hey FlatcoatLuver - I am also fair skinned and have my tube of SPF 50 ready to go. I got a bad sunburn in Hawaii a few years ago and don't want that to happen again.

DHWD - My 14yo DD is interested in meeting other teens before the cruise so if your DD is interested, let me know.

Only one tube of sunscreen!? :eek: Not me, we will bring a lot more than that. MY DD is fair and freckled too, so we will be greasing up all of us for a week. I don't want to run out. Got to head for Walmart to stock up.

Can you guys believe we will be leaving in just 2 weeks? I looked at my rez, I booked this cruise on January 21!

Originally posted by DHWD
......and the weather is HOT and SUNNY, as we have had no HOT and DRY and SUNNY days in Baltimore.:Pinkbounc :p :bounce:

We're also on the 7/12 Eastern with DS13 and DD8.

(Weather in Charm City has certainly changed in a week. Mid 90's and dry the last 3 days!)

Welcome aboard, Larry! I am glad to see another DD will be cruising. My daughter just turned 9. They should have fun together....

Sunny and hot here in Carolina too...finally! Looking forward to sunny weather on the Magic....BTW, we will have a full moon the week we are onboard! That should be nice....

See you on board!

Glad to see there are others on this cruise. We'll be heading out in a 1.5 weeks. Spending a couple of harried days at Disney World and then driving ot the ship early Saturday morning.

We're hoping to see other 11 year old girls for my DD to hook up with.

You'll not be able to miss her, she's the one who'll be rolling their eyes at everything her dad, me, says!

Getting excited!

Gosh, my DD is nine and she has been rolling her eyes at me for a year! :rolleyes: I guess she thinks I am silly, I think I am young at heart!

:Pinkbounc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter