• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

July 12 2009 ON THE WONDER

The shuttle Endeavor has been delayed until July 11th at 7:39pm. So all of you coming in the day before the cruise MAY get a lucky surprise! The view from Cocoa will be awesome for you if it goes up. It has, however, been scrubbed twice this week, so you never know, but I'll keep my fingers crossed for you all to see it. It's an awesome sight!
Cool. I've always wanted to see a launch, I have to tell mom....:goodvibes

Oh, another update I wanted to pass along....

The disney channel "stars" lineup has changed slightly

July 12 to 16, 2009 — Tiffany Thornton (Sonny with a Chance), Doug Brochu (Sonny with a Chance), Roshon Fegan (Camp Rock), Brandon Smith (Sonny with a Chance) and Musical Act Corbin Bleu

I got on the cruise websight and looked it up for funsies. The only person I know is Corbin Bleu ....he's from HSM..... which I've never seen. lol That's a disney crime, I know! It might be a Disney sin but I've never watched High School Musical and don't plan on it!:rotfl::lmao:

I really don't watch much of the disney channel anymore so this really isn't a big deal to me. Mom's friend's little girls think it's really cool the "stars'" are on the cruise and wish they could go. I'll try to get them an autograph.

PS-Mickie and Mari- I haven't wrecked yet!!!:drive::rotfl:lol Seriously, I'm being very careful.

Mickie -wish Taylor good luck for me. I'm sure her recital will be great on Saturday. Have a good visit!:thumbsup2

Mari-Keep the boys away from those funnel clouds!!!:faint:lol I'd hate for them to blow away before the cruise. :eek: lol :lmao:I absolutley hate tornadoes.We've had alot of severe weather around here too and I know what it's like. It's been thunderstorm city here for the last week and we just got some sunshine today, hope it lasts. I hope your weather has gotten better as well...

Wow I couldn't read all of the 12 pages of chit chat but we are first time DCL'ers and would love to meet up with other couples, especially any of you with little ones to pal up with our little one (she is almost 7). Less than 4 weeks to go - lets get the party started!!!

:hippie: :banana: :woohoo: :drinking1 :hippie:

EJack

A BIG WELCOME:welcome: I don't have any little ones. I am taking my granddaughter who is 16, but I know you will have a great time.:dance3:

Mari............Tornado alley :scared1: Can't believe the boys are outside. I can't imagine having to go to the basement to be safe. Hope the weather hasn't gotten better by now.

Lisa......I usually like staying lower on the ship too because of motion but deck seven was the only place where they had any inside cabins left midship. Glad to hear you have finally finished shopping. I am like you I love to shop for other people. Looking forward to giving out gifts for our FE.:yay:

Katlyn.......So glad to hear that you are in the safe driving mode. :thumbsup2

Received our cruise documents:yay::yay::yay: Now it really feels like things are getting close. Spending time with Taylor now and doing clothes shopping for the cruise has been lots of fun!

Everyone.....it won't be long now!!!:cool1:

I'm sooo jealous of those of you that are pulling things to pack...maybe this weekend........:woohoo:

Thanks for the tip on the space shuttle. That would be sooo cool that even though we are staying in Orlando..we would drive there and back that night..

Where would we park???????????????? to watch????????

Thunderstorms again. On Sunday the tornado sirens went off again while we were closing up at work and they really do announce..."attention shoppers...please purchase your items quickly and leave or we have a shelter for you due to the National Weather Service tornado warnings". You've never seen us run down the aisles so fast to get out of the store..no one is putting me in a meat locker:scared1:

so while you all are packing I am making sure my shifts are covered and there is no drama while I'm gone..I got to work today and had the CEO, Store Manager and Regional Grocery Manager waiting for me:rolleyes1.....just let me work pleeeeeze

Can't wait for the cruise and the space ship and the Disney people.....this lady needs a nice lounge chair:rotfl2:

Cool. I've always wanted to see a launch, I have to tell mom....:goodvibes

Oh, another update I wanted to pass along....

The disney channel "stars" lineup has changed slightly

July 12 to 16, 2009 — Tiffany Thornton (Sonny with a Chance), Doug Brochu (Sonny with a Chance), Roshon Fegan (Camp Rock), Brandon Smith (Sonny with a Chance) and Musical Act Corbin Bleu

I got on the cruise websight and looked it up for funsies. The only person I know is Corbin Bleu ....he's from HSM..... which I've never seen. lol That's a disney crime, I know! It might be a Disney sin but I've never watched High School Musical and don't plan on it!:rotfl::lmao:

I really don't watch much of the disney channel anymore so this really isn't a big deal to me. Mom's friend's little girls think it's really cool the "stars'" are on the cruise and wish they could go. I'll try to get them an autograph.

PS-Mickie and Mari- I haven't wrecked yet!!!:drive::rotfl:lol Seriously, I'm being very careful.

Mickie -wish Taylor good luck for me. I'm sure her recital will be great on Saturday. Have a good visit!:thumbsup2

Mari-Keep the boys away from those funnel clouds!!!:faint:lol I'd hate for them to blow away before the cruise. :eek: lol :lmao:I absolutley hate tornadoes.We've had alot of severe weather around here too and I know what it's like. It's been thunderstorm city here for the last week and we just got some sunshine today, hope it lasts. I hope your weather has gotten better as well...
Stay safe...kiddo...Terrence is the only one out of his friends that doesn't have some violation of some type:)

Thanks for the tip on the space shuttle. That would be sooo cool that even though we are staying in Orlando..we would drive there and back that night..

Where would we park???????????????? to watch????????

You should be able to see the shuttle from Orlando, but if you want to see, hear and feel the shuttle take off, Titusville is my favorite spot. There is a McDonalds at 3835 S Washington Ave in Titusville and right next to it is a fishing pier. The pier is an awesome view point. You need to get there about an hour early and be prepared for a several hour traffic jam getting back to Orlando. Thousands of people show up to watch, especially on a Saturday night! Oh, and if you have internet access be sure to check the status before you drive over http://www.nasa.gov/centers/kennedy/home/index.html

Anyway, hope the stress dies down at work for you. We are working hard here with someone on vacation and I'm counting down the days till my own vacation.

Welcome EJack u will have a blast on the cruise. This is our second one. Let us know about the fish extenders I'm a shopper and would love to do some extra.ha

Mickie
How was the recital? what was it ballet? I guess everyone has gotten their cruise documents except my group wonder why? Did you get any info on the fuel surcharge or is oil over $70 I haven't checked. I've started packing getting excited.

Mari
I too am having some stressful days will be so glad for vacation, we are travelling to Indianapolis for a big 2 day dental meeting and have several long days before we travel. We too are hoping for the space shuttle launch to take place on the 11th we are staying at the Radison I wonder if you can see from there if so you guys could come to our hotel and park..You too Mickie and everyone else ha. Stay safe we too are having alot of storms going on going through a thunderstorm right now

Lisa

Anywhere right along the coast is good - I'm sure the Radison will be a great spot.

I will definitely write down all your tips..it won't really matter if we have traffic..DH will make me drive I'm sure, but I think the whole atmosphere would just be so wonderful to try to see the shuttle..........thanks so much!!!!!!

Even last night...I was having this wonderful sleep and we got this horrific hail, thunderstorm around midnite. Luckily our cars didn't have hail damage, but this AM there was still hail piled up everywhere. Looked like a snow storm. I was running around with towels last night finding places where water was coming in the house under certain doors and we are on a hill:scared1: So I am thinking...ok when we are gone, we will have to have a neighbor look in on our house because all that water on the wood floors would be awful.....

Oh in addition to all these Disney Stars and the possible Shuttle excitement, we are going to try to register for American Idol tryouts with the 16 year old. Not like I mind sitting in some stadium all day. Just think of all the kooky people we will see:lmao:

Can't wait for the weekend. Hope you all have a great one!!!!:flower3:

Mari:)

Hi Everyone,

Mari and Lisa ...........It sounds as though the weather for both of you is pretty bad. Hopefully when we go on our trip you will be able to relax both from the weather and the stressful work. Lounge chairs will await you!!!

Mari....WoW American Idol how exciting for Terrence. :yay: Will that be after the cruise or are you squeezing that in before? No wonder you have not gotten started packing.......work, weather American Idol!

Lisa.....Taylor will have six dances in her recital including ballet, tap, jazz and lyrical. (Thank you for asking.) Thank you for your offer to see the shutttle launch at the Raddison but I think our flight will be in too late. We are staying right in the airport at the Hyatt. Lisa I know your parents are participating in the FE, can you tell me what names they go by. (I thought at one point you called them grammy and grandpa?) Please let me know. Thank you. Sorry to say no fuel refund. Crude oil has gone up over $70 a barrel on June 18th which is the date they go by for our cruise. :sad2: (Darn, I already had my money spent. ha ha):laughing:

Debbie.....Is Zane getting excited :woohoo:for the cruise or is he too young?

Everyone stay safe and have a great weekend!

Mari- Sorry about all your bad weather- hope you don't have to worry too much about it while away. I grew up in Colorado and we used to take camping/boating vacations at Lake McConaughy which is ? I believe in your neck of the woods. We had some bad storms there!! Had a thunderstorm here this week and a big beautiful oak fell over in our yard. Luckily no other damage but I'm sad for our tree.

Mickie- I am a bad parent and Zane has no clue when our cruise is. If he had a clue he would be asking every night how much longer:rotfl2: We are going to the beach for a week after the cruise and I think I'm going to tell him we are doing that first and see his surprise when we pull up to the ship!!

Mari- Sorry about all your bad weather- hope you don't have to worry too much about it while away. I grew up in Colorado and we used to take camping/boating vacations at Lake McConaughy which is ? I believe in your neck of the woods. We had some bad storms there!! Had a thunderstorm here this week and a big beautiful oak fell over in our yard. Luckily no other damage but I'm sad for our tree.

Mickie- I am a bad parent and Zane has no clue when our cruise is. If he had a clue he would be asking every night how much longer:rotfl2: We are going to the beach for a week after the cruise and I think I'm going to tell him we are doing that first and see his surprise when we pull up to the ship!!

Well cool! We are always in Colorado since we live on the border of WY. So, if we aren't in Cheyenne WY visiting the dermatologist..since we don't have one here..we are in Fort Collins (where I took DS16 for a college tour at CSU) and DS14 has been a surgical patient at Denver's Children's for awhile now..his treat is going to PF Chang's in this huge outdoor mall in Loveland.

I've only been east once to Omaha which was some awful 8 hour drive with a time change from our MST to CST. We were trying to catch a choir competition, forgot about the time change and missed the competition completely..oh well. I've heard of that lake, but I think it is like 4 hours away..never been. We stay and travel west.

Your poor tree. I bet it was absolutely beautiful!!!!

Where did you grow up in CO?

Debbie,

You are pretty good being able to keep a surprise from your son. I am not good at that. He will be thrilled I am sure. So sorry to hear about the tree. These storms for you, Mari and Lisa have been AWFUL.

My husband and I had family in Grand Junction and spent time fishing and camping north of Rifle, CO in the White River. We always had so much fun. I know it is southwest so probably not close to you at all.

Mari, Lisa Debbie

We are going camping on Sunday and then it will only be two weeks :yay: until the cruise. I am like a little kid and can't hardly wait. Will start packing when I return home. How about you guys?

Well gas was over $70 a barrel on June 18th (the big deciding date) so I guess I won't be getting my refund on the fuel surcharge I paid....darn:sad1:

Taylor's recital is tomorrow. :dance3: She has been practicing her 6 dances all week. Very tired but I am sure she will do well.

Everyone have a great weekend!!!:grouphug:

Mari-
That is so crazy.... I grew up in Loveland, graduated from Thompson Valley High School, and from Colorado State University in Fort Collins! I actually went to the first two years of college at Augustana in Sioux Falls SD, then transferred to CSU to graduate. I guess it is a small world after all!

Mari-
That is so crazy.... I grew up in Loveland, graduated from Thompson Valley High School, and from Colorado State University in Fort Collins! I actually went to the first two years of college at Augustana in Sioux Falls SD, then transferred to CSU to graduate. I guess it is a small world after all!

Well Terrence loves CSU! He'll probably be wearing his CSU shirt on the cruise;) Fort Collins is only 2 hours from here while University of Nebraska at Lincoln is 7 hours away with no plane service across the state. So although there is a ridiculous cost for out of state tuition. Boulder and Fort Collins are so much closer to home than the Lincoln and Omaha campuses.

Is Augustana a Lutheran Campus? I swear I walk by a poster for that place for McKay's child care at a church here :confused3

You are right...it is a small world!!!!:flower3:

Debbie,

You are pretty good being able to keep a surprise from your son. I am not good at that. He will be thrilled I am sure. So sorry to hear about the tree. These storms for you, Mari and Lisa have been AWFUL.

My husband and I had family in Grand Junction and spent time fishing and camping north of Rifle, CO in the White River. We always had so much fun. I know it is southwest so probably not close to you at all.

Mari, Lisa Debbie

We are going camping on Sunday and then it will only be two weeks :yay: until the cruise. I am like a little kid and can't hardly wait. Will start packing when I return home. How about you guys?

Well gas was over $70 a barrel on June 18th (the big deciding date) so I guess I won't be getting my refund on the fuel surcharge I paid....darn:sad1:

Taylor's recital is tomorrow. :dance3: She has been practicing her 6 dances all week. Very tired but I am sure she will do well.

Everyone have a great weekend!!!:grouphug:

Love your vacation tag Mickie...have a great time camping. Hope you have great weather on your trip!!!:)

Taylor is performing 6 dances!!! That is incredible. She must be absolutely wonderful. That takes a lot of dedication to take that many classes. You will be one proud grandma:thumbsup2

We will start to pack this weekend. I'm putting FE stuff into ziplocks to separate the goodies and get it all laid out to see what is what. I've been reading the boards to see what I am missing planning wise...

Have a great time on your visit and trip!

Is Augustana a Lutheran Campus? I swear I walk by a poster for that place for McKay's child care at a church here :confused3

You are right...it is a small world!!!!:flower3:

Yes, Augustana is a Lutheran College!

FYI- We went to Daytona Beach for the day today and the water temp was wonderful! Looks good for the cruise and Castaway

Mickie,
my parents names are Wes and Cheryl. Hope you had a good time in CA.
I'm almost packed just making a list out so I won't forget anything. To bad about the fuel surcharge however it figures.

ZMOM and Mari
How interesting the talking of Colorado, I was born in Colorado Springs, and we visited last year stayed at the Broadmoar it was gorgeous. My uncle lives in Boulder. What a beautiful state. We are having bad storms here right as I speak the sirens were going off, however listening to the weather radio.

Everyone have a great weekend,
Lisa

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter