• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

July 1 - July 18 Germany trip report

Great pictures.......so sorry to hear about the luggage....regrettably the streak continues with Heathrow. Looks like the weather is perfect. Just returned from Grand Teton and Yellowstone and the weather was in the 90's.......AGGGHHHH....

Love the pics...sorry to hear about the luggage. Not the best of ways to start your vacation. Hopefully they are able to get it to you soon.

July 3, we had our morning driving tour of Berlin which wasn't bad but would had loved to get out of the vehicle to look but we only got out at Check Point Charlie, which is amazing if your a history buff and the information you get from the people of Germany compared to what you read is quite different, here are some picturesDSC_1357.jpgDSC_1357.jpg DSC_1359.jpgDSC_1362.jpg DSC_1364.jpgDSC_1369.jpg DSC_1370.jpgDSC_1372.jpg DSC_1374.jpgDSC_1375.jpg DSC_1377.jpgDSC_1357.jpgDSC_1357.jpgDSC_1359.jpgDSC_1362.jpgDSC_1364.jpgDSC_1369.jpgDSC_1370.jpgDSC_1372.jpgDSC_1374.jpgDSC_1375.jpgDSC_1377.jpg

we are staying at the intercontinental hotel which is right beside the Berlin Zoo and is very nice and accommodating, would highly recommendDSC_1345.jpgDSC_1346.jpg DSC_1348.jpgDSC_1349.jpg

So glad to hear you retrieved your luggage. How come they never loose the luggage on the return trip when it is all stinky and dirty? LOL, a mystery of life......When I was there all I could think was Gen. Patton was correct. Also some of the history was glanced over by the locals. wink, wink I found Coming from a family whose family members, many who served in the European WWII conflict, they do look at it quite differently.The weather looks perfect. Wishing you more perfect summer weather.

Today started out great with 22 degree C weather then this afternoon was holy smoke 36 degree C. we started our day out with the driving tour which was not bad (posted pics this morning) but this afternoon we did Nazi Germany History which we went to Old Berlin, Victory Column, Brandenburg Gate, Gypsy Memorial, War Monument (very touching), Jewish Memorial, the Nazi Rally Grounds, Resistance Memorial, Museum Island, Topography of Terror. what a History overload to do in one day, I could probably spend a month in Berlin alone. We came back to the hotel afterwards decided to spend the night in the pool to cool off.DSC_1390.jpgDSC_1392.jpgDSC_1395.jpgDSC_1396.jpg DSC_1398.jpgDSC_1399.jpg DSC_1400.jpgDSC_1403.jpg

and that is it for today, tomorrow we are heading north of Berlin to a concentration for a 4 hour tour. have a great evening Good Night

today we went and learned a bit of history, we went to the Sachsenhausen Memorial and Museum. this is definitely a must see if you come to Berlin even though it is very sad and a bit depressing of what actually happened here my daughter who is not taught this in school anymore was devastated that something like this could happen. tomorrow off to the Berlin Zoo and AquariumDSC_1508.jpgDSC_1510.jpg DSC_1512.jpgDSC_1514.jpg DSC_1515.jpgDSC_1516.jpg DSC_1517.jpgDSC_1518.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter