Julie & Brian's Disneyland Wedding (9/2011) Sleeping Beauty Theme

Also, booooo Adventures Lawn.

I just noticed your siggie and you're a disneyland bride too! I subscribed to your PJ too!

YAY, my package from Disney Store online came yesterday. They were having a nice sale on this toiletry travel bag. I got it with personalization for cheap. I thought it would be fun and functional for our WDW trip and thought I would share.

spring031.jpg

spring032.jpg

That's really cute. I always wanted to order one for us too but I didn't know how big they are inside without it in my hands.

Your bridal shower sounds so great! How nice of your mom to plan it for you.

I thought of you the other day because I went to Aroma and the teahouse across the street is For Lease!!!! :( I can't wait to hear all about your brunch and if you liked the place ... I'll need to start thinking about my own shower in not too long. :scared1:

Oh no! That is so sad, this economy is killing off a lot of cool places. I am glad that it is at Castaway, I love it and who can beat all you can eat! LOL

Things are starting to come together much better than before. I sent my shoes off to the Master Cobbler to get them Blue Soled, and they will be done in 2 weeks.
wedstuff007.jpg

(Before picture)

I also painted my "I DO" letters white and added a fine gold glitter (Better pics to come).
wedstuff016.jpg

Our invitations have now been ordered and the final copy of fonts, wording, etc has been OK'd for the printer. One of my bridesmaids came over today to try on her dress and to discuss Bachelorette activities and I am super excited. We are going to dress up vintage, it is a pin-up theme and we are heading to the Edison for the evening and then staying at the Roosevelt. An old-school Hollywood day! She asked how many girls and I told her and then we planned this. She later asked me if I wanted to whiddle it down, and I don't. Apparently with fewer people her boss lets her use his jet for short trips and she was thinking an evening in Vegas. I'm terrified of Cesnas and other small planes, with my luck I would crash and die a month before the wedding!
wedstuff014.jpg

Please ignore the mess everywhere!

As far as Bridal Beauty, I started my diet and am taking AbCuts supplements and using a meal supplement shake. I need to hit the gym more often though. I also have my first session of laser hair removal in 2 weeks! I am super excited for that, and it was much cheaper than I had expected. :o)

I didn't feel as confident as I should have with our DJ, he seemed to have his own way of doing things and didn't care for our input. A friend of DF who he used to work with in Entertainment at Magic Mountain has her own events company. She knew we were struggling with a DJ and has invited us over for dinner next week. We are going to discuss what we are looking for and see if we might use them (her and her husband work together) instead. ;)

Dress news!! I looked just about everywhere and couldn't find just what I was looking for. I prayed about it, because that always leads to answers in my experience. Low and behold I got an email from my Aunt who was initially going to make my dress, but then declined and such. Well, she stated that she was laid off and had some time and wondered if I wanted to try again. One of the main problems we had before was getting the right pattern. I decided to get smart. I wanted a Sleeping Beauty dress, the movie came out in the 50s, so I searched for bridal patterns from the 50s and I found it! Here is a link to the one I purchased. (Just imagine the scallops aren't there and it is straight instead). The Dress
SleepingBeautyPatternBridal.jpg

The material we got was a fantastic duchess satin and the sleeves will be rose lace. I was going to nix the lace, but after seeing the royal wedding I think it is very classy and will cover my fat a little better ;)
wedstuff011.jpg

(the lace)

So things are definitely coming together. Here are things I still need to do:
-Have ring design approved and priced
-buy his ring
-list of photog shots
-songlist, including do not play songs (chicken dance, buh!)
-Take a visit to the Wizard of Bras and get undergarments, going to need one heck of a corset!
-figure out new centerpieces
-Honeymoon stuff...clothes, etc.
-take care of grooms last few surprises (Including a cake, Disney wanted $800 for his cake and he put his foot down, but since the tradition is that it is a gift from the bride, I REALLY want to make it happen and surprise him at the rehearsal dinner. He loves Dukes of Hazzard so I am going to try to have a General Lee created!)
-buy a veil
-New Officiate (ours is busy with a beach baptism so he bowed out so we need to find someone new, arg!)
- dance lessons, checking out Arthur Murray and Atomic Ballroom next week!
- work out more!

So that is it for now. Oh and I didn't share my flower girl drama! You know how difficult things have been with the "maids", one moved to Australia, one got pregnant, so replacements have been made. We replaced one with DF's cousin and my friend. His niece (big sister to flower girls) got wind, became extremely jealous and had a fit. Her Mother then called to let us know that she was rethinking he part in the wedding and the girls may not be in it. OK we need to get new flower girls. I wrote a 4 page letter to the older sister about jealousy and how when she got married last Sept she excluded us and is having a fit over nothing. How she needs to grow up, I feel a little better, but have decided to take the road of whatever happens will happen and I am not going to stress, I am having too much fun! ;)

I love that dress pattern! It is so absolutely perfect for a Sleeping Beauty dress, and you'll have something so special and so unique :) I can't wait to see it!!

But that's a total bummer about the flower girl drama. People are unbelievable sometimes. At first when you said the older sister to the flower girls, I was thinking maybe she was a preteen or teenager... and then you mentioned her own wedding! Just goes to show that she's acting like she's about 12 years old :confused3 Good luck with that situation, I hope you work something out! But that's awful about both the big sister and the mother, as I'm sure the flower girls were excited to be involved...

Love the dress pattern!!! It's going to be GORGEOUS!! I can't wait to see it all done!
Your bachelorette ideas sound wonderful and so much fun!!!
Good luck on your diet! I started my big diet on June 1st! I'm hoping I can lose about 15 pounds before the big day!

GORGEOUS dress pattern, it is going to be beautiful and looks JUST like Aurora! I love the idea of lace sleeves!

I love the Roosevelt and you are going to have so much fun; I love the pin-up and old Hollywood theme. There was a post on Offbeat Bride yesterday about a "Mad Men" style Bridal shower, you should check it out!
http://offbeatbride.com/2011/06/50s-housewife-themed-bridal-shower

I'm so sorry about all your flower girl drama. Sometimes people just need to be the center of attention! I'm glad you wrote the letter. Don't let anyone ruin yours and Brian's special day!

Everything sounds and looks great! That pattern is absolutely fabulous and I can't wait to see it all come together! Especially with the lace! It's gorg! =]

Hopefully FG drama get's sorted out. Blah. I hate drama. =/

I can't believe how perfect that pattern is for Sleeping Beauty! You were so smart to think of the 50s and look in that direction!

I can't wait to see it!

Congrats on finding a dress! Woo hoo!

I love that dress pattern! It is so absolutely perfect for a Sleeping Beauty dress, and you'll have something so special and so unique :) I can't wait to see it!!

But that's a total bummer about the flower girl drama. People are unbelievable sometimes. At first when you said the older sister to the flower girls, I was thinking maybe she was a preteen or teenager... and then you mentioned her own wedding! Just goes to show that she's acting like she's about 12 years old :confused3 Good luck with that situation, I hope you work something out! But that's awful about both the big sister and the mother, as I'm sure the flower girls were excited to be involved...

Thank you! I feel so blessed that I was able to find it. I can't wait to see how it turns out either. I will def post pics. ;)

People are just so ridiculous. Turns out she was only jealous of the cousin and she didn't even care if she was in the wedding or not. Just that Briana got something and she didn't. Crazy. She is definitely old enough to know better. Her Mom has come around and committed to allowing the girls to partake in the ceremony. Whew.

Love the dress pattern!!! It's going to be GORGEOUS!! I can't wait to see it all done!
Your bachelorette ideas sound wonderful and so much fun!!!
Good luck on your diet! I started my big diet on June 1st! I'm hoping I can lose about 15 pounds before the big day!

Thank you! I think the party will be loads of fun, excited for that.

Good luck to you also, you can def lose 15 pounds between now and then easy peasy. I am finding it hard to make time, or to get away from the house to go exercise, so I realize I have to make it more a priority. ;) Keep me posted as to how it goes.

GORGEOUS dress pattern, it is going to be beautiful and looks JUST like Aurora! I love the idea of lace sleeves!

I love the Roosevelt and you are going to have so much fun; I love the pin-up and old Hollywood theme. There was a post on Offbeat Bride yesterday about a "Mad Men" style Bridal shower, you should check it out!
http://offbeatbride.com/2011/06/50s-housewife-themed-bridal-shower

I'm so sorry about all your flower girl drama. Sometimes people just need to be the center of attention! I'm glad you wrote the letter. Don't let anyone ruin yours and Brian's special day!

I am glad I changed my mind and decided on the lace sleeves again too. :)

I have never stayed at the Roosevelt before, just dined there and wandered around. So psyched. I love that post, what a fun idea. I <3 Mad Men, the story line tends to get repetative, but the costumes are amazing!!

Meh, I have decided after all the drama, to let it go. If they don't want to be supportive, I don't need 'em! LOL

Everything sounds and looks great! That pattern is absolutely fabulous and I can't wait to see it all come together! Especially with the lace! It's gorg! =]

Hopefully FG drama get's sorted out. Blah. I hate drama. =/

Me too, drama is silly! Thanks, can't wait to post pics of the final dress. :goodvibes

I can't believe how perfect that pattern is for Sleeping Beauty! You were so smart to think of the 50s and look in that direction!

I can't wait to see it!

Congrats on finding a dress! Woo hoo!

Thank you! I couldn't believe that I found it! I think the idea came to me purely out of desperation! I was so stressed out about the dress, and now it is like a huge weight off my shoulders. :cloud9:

DisneylandJune8013.jpg
Last week I went to Disneyland to check out the new Little Mermaid ride and Star Tours. We wandered around the hotel and I just wanted to update on what we found. The Adventure Tower (formerly Dreams) is renovated for the most part inside. It looks retro, like the 70s threw up in it, modest simplistic furniture and I thought they could have done much better. The sad part was the carpet.
DisneylandJune8107.jpg
(Hallway)
DisneylandJune8109.jpg
(In Room)
I saw the rooms in which we will be getting ready, and the carpet is so ugly!! Sad day.
DisneylandJune8080.jpg
They are also still working on the exterior of the Pavilion and it looks as though they were tearing up the old pool.
DisneylandJune8066.jpg
I like the look of the new pool with the monorail slides, but it is small and shallow, it seems like they assume most everyone will only want to look at the pool from their cabana or lounge chair. A sea of chairs everywhere!! The new dining location has potential, I will be interested to see what dining items they add.
DisneylandJune8068-1.jpg
Sad that it isn't full service like Hook's Point was. LOVE the new bar called Trader Sam's!! The drinks are fantastic, you get collectible cups and depending on the drink you order things will happen. You can sink a ship, anger the God's, set off a volcano, etc. Amazing!!
DisneylandJune8088.jpg
DisneylandJune8089.jpg

OK on other wedding news, we sat down with some of DFs old friends and they may be our new DJ. They have been in the business over a decade, belong to several professional organizations which I never thought about asking for in a DJ. It holds them accountable and they are insured that way. Disney had even approached this couple to be a preferred vendor, but they declined the process. The plus is as husband and wife team, you get a DJ and an emcee,I feel 100% trusting of them and am at ease now with one more thing down!! YAY!

We also changed the centerpieces, yet again. We are going with something small. We found the square glass vases at Save-on-crafts.com and we are using the submersible LED lights and squishy gel things. The lights in the vases will match the various table cloths in pink, blue and green, with white floral inside. It will end up saving us about 1,500 from what we had before! So in letting go of some areas, I can focus on the things that really matter. DF and I let our budget go in the sense that he has been on disability now since January and I have been mostly out of work since October, with just temp jobs here and there. We are not going to be able to keep everything we had hoped for, but I am OK with that. Our friend mentioned to focus on the three most important aspects and concentrate the money there. For me the ceremony is most important, photography so I have something to remember the day is second most and having a surprise for my guests (Mickey & Minnie) to make the wedding memorable is 3rd. So I will focus on those. I also got some great advice about other items. Apparently if you can find a senior FIDM student (Los Angeles) then you can ask for assistance if you purchase supplies, they can make things for you decor wise and you can allow them to use it in their portfolio. Also, apparently USC film students, same thing, just advertise on craigslist and interview them, make sure they actually attend there, and you may get your videography for free. If you are at all worried, go grad student! ;) OK more to come later.

Love the picture updates and that bar sounds so fun!

New centerpiece ideas sound great, that's actually something I've been looking into doing myself. But I'm so scared to make my own CP for some reason?

Those centerpieces sound great!!
And I wanna go to that bar :) Next year we are making the trip to Disneyland. I can't wait, I've never been!!! Maybe we might make our anniversary trip there!

And I wanna go to that bar :) Next year we are making the trip to Disneyland. I can't wait, I've never been!!! Maybe we might make our anniversary trip there!

Please let us know! ha. We wanna go as well! So maybe we can all go together and all meet up! :rotfl:

That bar sounds too cool!

And I really like the idea of your centerpieces. They sound like a lot of fun, and saving that money will definitely be worth it! The DJ situation sounds really promising too, good find :)

Please let us know! ha. We wanna go as well! So maybe we can all go together and all meet up! :rotfl:

YEEEEAH, DISNEYLAND MEET-UP!! :dance3:

Julie, such a shame about the Adventure Tower .... I think I'll be getting ready in my hotel room. :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter