Julie & Brian's Disneyland Wedding (9/2011) Sleeping Beauty Theme

Girl, I walk by R Mine all the time and I always want to go in! I'll go in with you, even just to find out exactly how outrageous their prices are!

OK Mindy, we definitely need to stop talking and start doing. I am anxious to hang out with you and get some serious dress shopping done. Having another DIS bride/ friend to go with would be great. R-Mine is so close, I am just at a crazy point right now, so much happening. :laundy: What does your schedule look like either for later this week (or are weekdays bad?) or which weekends in May are good? I am such a curious kitty, definitely want to check out R-Mine and the Disney Dresses at AA and whatever else. We can so make a day of it and do lunch! LMK :banana:

So working for the city has had its advantages, especially in the way of networking. One of the PR/comm guys and I were chatting about film school and he mentioned he had just wrapped a film he is trying to get distributed. I asked what it was about and he mentioned sports. I said I love sports and he said well this is about Motocross (Used to be obsessed with it!). I was so excited, anyway, long story short, he needs someone to assist with press releases, and marketing it to the studios to get a distributer. I was so psyched. I was excited about that opportunity and when I was discussing the wedding with this co-worker he asked if I had a videographer yet. I said no and he mentioned that he did weddings before he ventured into films. He edits footage for the mayor, so I think his credentials are in order. Now if only we could work out some sort of barter, that would be ideal. I'll let you know how it turns out.pirate:

Hope everyone had a delightful Easter also. It is always tricky around the holidays figuring out which family to visit, etc. Especially with the recent rift that had developed between my DF and Mom. We went to a sunrise event and then to a champagne brunch, visited my Grandma and then spent the evening with DF's family. A pretty good Easter, one of the best we have had.

Just catching up girlie. I hope everything's working out and I can't wait to see it all.

I'm definitely intrigued to see what they say about your dress!

BTW, just wanted to tell you.. I had extensions last summer. I had the fusion ones.. which were AWESOME and barely damaged ANY of my hair. But my hair wasn't in the best condition to begin with. So. But the only thing about them was it drove me NUTS that I couldn't scrub my scalp! lol. I recently bought AWESOME clip in extensions. They're not real hair because I wanted to try these out first due to the fact that I wasn't sure if I liked them or not. and OMG in LOOOOVE. =] And you can just take them out whenever you want. Don't have to shower with them or anything. AND you can use the curling iron on them! If you want any more information about any type of extension.. let me know. I'm a pro! Feel free to PM me! =] <3

Just catching up girlie. I hope everything's working out and I can't wait to see it all.

I'm definitely intrigued to see what they say about your dress!

BTW, just wanted to tell you.. I had extensions last summer. I had the fusion ones.. which were AWESOME and barely damaged ANY of my hair. But my hair wasn't in the best condition to begin with. So. But the only thing about them was it drove me NUTS that I couldn't scrub my scalp! lol. I recently bought AWESOME clip in extensions. They're not real hair because I wanted to try these out first due to the fact that I wasn't sure if I liked them or not. and OMG in LOOOOVE. =] And you can just take them out whenever you want. Don't have to shower with them or anything. AND you can use the curling iron on them! If you want any more information about any type of extension.. let me know. I'm a pro! Feel free to PM me! =] <3

Wow, I never would have thought about the fact that you can't scratch your scalp when you have an itch, grrr. Fusion...I will have to ask her about those. Thanks for the tip. Clip ins huh? I may need to look into this too! Thanks for offering, I may take you up on the info with a PM soon! ;)

YAY, my package from Disney Store online came yesterday. They were having a nice sale on this toiletry travel bag. I got it with personalization for cheap. I thought it would be fun and functional for our WDW trip and thought I would share.

spring031.jpg

spring032.jpg

Only 5 more months until our wedding and the start of our very own Happily Ever After! :lovestruc

So close! :yay:

OK Mindy, we definitely need to stop talking and start doing. I am anxious to hang out with you and get some serious dress shopping done. Having another DIS bride/ friend to go with would be great. R-Mine is so close, I am just at a crazy point right now, so much happening. :laundy: What does your schedule look like either for later this week (or are weekdays bad?) or which weekends in May are good? I am such a curious kitty, definitely want to check out R-Mine and the Disney Dresses at AA and whatever else. We can so make a day of it and do lunch! LMK :banana:

Yes, I agree! Me and my friend have plans to go to AA some weekend in May, and you should join us! The only thing is I heard the BH store is a dump so we may go out to Costa Mesa.

This week is bad due to month-end for work and this weekend I'm out of town. I'm pretty much free in May. We will make it happen!

Yes agreed, BOO!!! Although if you think of it in a different context, married life is its own Adventure ;)

True, but for a wedding I think Dreams is nicer ... oh well, several years from now no one will care what the name of the cocktail hour location was called. :laughing:

So working for the city has had its advantages, especially in the way of networking. One of the PR/comm guys and I were chatting about film school and he mentioned he had just wrapped a film he is trying to get distributed. I asked what it was about and he mentioned sports. I said I love sports and he said well this is about Motocross (Used to be obsessed with it!). I was so excited, anyway, long story short, he needs someone to assist with press releases, and marketing it to the studios to get a distributer. I was so psyched. I was excited about that opportunity and when I was discussing the wedding with this co-worker he asked if I had a videographer yet. I said no and he mentioned that he did weddings before he ventured into films. He edits footage for the mayor, so I think his credentials are in order. Now if only we could work out some sort of barter, that would be ideal. I'll let you know how it turns out.pirate:

SCORE, maybe he will give you a discount if you can't work out a barter. Video is the one thing we don't have to worry about, thanks to DF's involvement in show biz. Otherwise we would NOT be able to afford a videographer! We can barely afford photography, it seems.

Love the bag! And nooo problem. It was seriously the only thing that DROVE me nutso!

But with teh clips.. omg. FAAABULOUS

Love the bag! And nooo problem. It was seriously the only thing that DROVE me nutso!

But with teh clips.. omg. FAAABULOUS

So I just read through all of your PJ for the first time! It took a few hours, but was the ultimate procrastination for the take home exam I have to do ;)

I have to say that I absolutely love your Sleeping Beauty theme! The colors are gorgeous and all of the little touches that you are adding make it super special.

I read your concerns about buying the candy in advance. I'm also getting married in September, and today bought some bags of candy because I found them on sale at Target. I wasn't sure how long they'll last, but the expiration date said 2012, so I'm thinking it will be good!

Too bad about the reservation for the Rose and Crown... I wanted to do the same thing last time I was there, but couldn't get it for that late so we ended up having lunch there instead. I went with my dad, and we actually ended up in an AWESOME spot for the fireworks. We went to the QS place in Mexico, Cantina de San Angel, grabbed a table right by the railing and had snacks and drinks for just over two hours while we waited for the fireworks. There wasn't any competition for the seats because we got there early, and it was fun just to hang out. However, I know they've recently done construction in the Mexican pavilion due to the new restaurant, so I'm not sure if the same seats and view are available? My honeymoon is a few weeks before you, so if you're interested I'll try and let you know if it worked out when I'm there :goodvibes

O\

I am so excited for our trip I can hardly contain myself, DF and I have wanted to go to WDW together for years and once we decided to get married even though opportunities have come up we have skipped them, because we want to experience everything there together for the first time!

DF and I have also been wanting to go to WDW together, both of us have been in the past but never together. We are doing the same thing, so that the first time we are there together will be for the honeymoon. I think it will be really special! However, now his family is going to Orlando in June (I'm going too) and they want to go to Disney for one day. I really don't want to go because I liked the idea of the first time being the honeymoon, but DF thinks I'm being a little silly. Fingers crossed that I can convince him to stay at the hotel with me and check out the pools that day! :rotfl:

By the way, did you find out any info on a honeymoon photo shoot? I was thinking about it, but I'm not sure where to start looking. I would love to do one at POR (where we're staying) because it's really beautiful there.

You are so sweet, thank you so much for taking the time to read my PJ. OOh exams, arg!

Woot! Yay for September weddings, I think they are so romantic, just as the wind is changing, it has always felt like a fresh start for me. Probably because of the new school year and such growing up. I am so glad I wasn't the only one who bought pastel candy in advance on sale at Easter time. I got mine at Target Botique also. I think it is the cheapest I am going to find and also the easiest way to get our colors. YAY!

Thanks for the tip about where to sit for Illuminations. I am a little bummed about R&C, but everything else is perfect, so I am not going to stress over the little things. I figure this will be the first trip of many, I will get down the tricks of the trade soon.

I love that you and your DF have the same situation, that you want to go together to WDW for the first time as Mr. & Mrs.!! The one day wouldn't be too bad, but I am hoping with all the hotels have to offer, he will want to lay by the pool with you! ;)

YAY, only 4 months to go today. As a matter of fact, 4 months from now at 4 pm, I should be just getting the finishing touches of my hair done and getting dressed to head out to meet the carriage at 4:30!

Time is flying, but things are coming together. My Mom took over planning my Bridal Shower and we are having it at a restaurant up in the hills. For 30 people we have a private balcony overlooking Los Angeles, gorgeous! The big plus is that for the same price a tea luncheon would have been (roughly $26/person) for such a small amount of food, we are getting an all you can eat brunch buffet. Including crab legs, champagne, carving station and about 15 different desserts. Their banquets department is also working with my Mom on decor. I don't know a lot about it because it is going to be a surprise (the decor and such), but the baskets for the centerpieces came to the house and they are gorgeous. Medium willow baskets that she is making into centerpieces with real flowers. I think the theme is either Castle in the Clouds or Briar Rose's Cottage. That is in exactly one month and I can't wait!

your bridal shower sounds like it will be awesome! A buffet with crab legs and champagne? Sounds good to me ;)

Your bridal shower sounds so great! How nice of your mom to plan it for you.

I thought of you the other day because I went to Aroma and the teahouse across the street is For Lease!!!! :( I can't wait to hear all about your brunch and if you liked the place ... I'll need to start thinking about my own shower in not too long. :scared1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter