Julfre from Illinois, what rate did you get for the S/D Junior Suite???

BC

DIS Veteran
I saw on another post that you booked the Junior Suite at the Swan. If you don't mind, could you give me a ballpark figure as to what you paid. Are any discounts offered with this type room?

Dec 8 through the 13th I'm paying $292 plus the $10 resort fee. I'm still looking for a room on the 7th as they were sold out of AP rooms(both regular and suites) I was also quoted $139 for a lake view room, but when I said I needed 2 rooms, John (the reservationist) suggested a Jr suite as when you add 2-$10 resort fees it would be the exact same price as 2 rooms, but you get a better view and guaranteed connecting rooms. It sounds like a really nice view and room.

From what I can tell, there is 1 king bed and the other is a pull out sofa in the living area. Is that correct and if so, wonder how comfortable it would be?? We have 4 adults and we are not tiny people.

I stayed in a Swan Jr. Suite at the end of July. It is an L shaped room - our room was in the east wing -6th floor -- that has the bed area and a dining area. It was at the end of the hall so our view was quite panoramic - 3 windows and sliders to the balcony. We had a King bed and the sofa bed. I think 3 people would be comfortable but 4, unless 2 of the 4 are young children, I don't think so. There may be Jr. Suites with 2 queen beds.

Did you call the resort directly or Starwood? Also, was that rate with any kind of discount? It sounds pretty good as it works out to about $150 if you divide your rate by 2, which is as good as you could probably get for a room during that time.

I wonder if, with 4 adults, you night want to look at a Jr suite at the Dolphin. I'm not sure of the cost, but, it does have more sleeping room.

Dolphin Jr Suite

This was an AP discount rate which is about 50% off. I called 2 different 800 numbers 888 828-8850 and 800 227 1500 and got the same availability and rates. They also have entertainment card rates, but they were only about 40% off. I got the numbers off the internet, but I think they are the direct numbers to the hotel and not the starwood number.

Bedding is 1 room with a king bed a queen sofa bed and one room with a king murphy(pull down bed. I've read on these boards that some people also have a 2nd pull out sofa in the parlour room. it has 2 bathrooms so that is good.

Our jr. suite was one large room, not L shaped, as are in the wings. It had one king bed, a pull out sofa bed and we got a roll away. Four of us.....me, dh, ds and dd(college age). We also had one huge bathroom, so big we could have put the roll away in there! It had a wet bar and storage all across the back wall, and a table for four people. It was on club level. This was the Swan. I believe there is more room in the Dolphin, as shown on the previous floor plan. I was able to get this room for $129 at Christmas, waived the resort fee and comped the rollaway.(platinum spg and teacher rate) This was before renovations. How could anyone pass up that deal?!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter