Juana & Hector Trip Report WP/4/DEC/2008 with LOTS of pictures (updated 14/06)

hey, who knows? You may get a surprise ;)

OH no I don't I want that kind of surprise at least not right now I'm too young. LOL.

I love her dress anad the pics of the grandfloridian are beautiful.

Hi all! Thought I wouldn't keep on writing? Yeap, I also thought that :rolleyes1
But hey, for whatt is worth, the pixie dust is about to start, since we got plenty right after the ceremony. So, here we go again :)

So, i was just waiting for the moment to come by, when the officiant arrived. She was a nice latin lady, since we wanted the ceremony in Spanish.
Here, let me open a parenthesis regarding the officiants. There are only 2 spanish-speaking officiants recommended by Disney, a Reverend and a Notary. We were really undecided about which one to choose, since we wanted more of a ‘spiritual’ ceremony, not a religious one. At first, we were impressed with the professionalism of the reverend, we could notice that he had performed lots of ceremonies, and was very proper and polite. The Notary maybe lacked experience, but was easy going and nice. So after going back and forth, we decided about the Reverend, after clarifying with him we didn’t want a religious ceremony. He said he was ok with that, and that we could give him our ceremony/vows.
Problem is, when we did, he said our ceremony was very nice, but it was ‘long, strange, and confusing’ and that he had never done anything like that. So, he sent us his ceremony and vows. Which were almost like a mass. This for us was a mess. When we told him that we definitely didn’t want that, and that he had previously agreed that we could use our own ceremony, he answered back that his ceremony was only a suggestion, and he could do ours. But the truth is, after what he had said about the script we sent him, we didn’t feel comfortable anymore, nor we were sure he would perform the ceremony in a good mood, so we decided to change to the Notary. She may have not been as professional or protocolary, but at least she liked the script and vows.
Ok, close parenthesis.
So, like I was saying, about half an hour before the ceremony she arrived, did the paperwork and chatted a little. We hadn’t rehearsed the ceremony before, so we tried to go over the main points, when the wedding coordinator arrived. I don’t remember her name now, because our ‘official’ wedding planner couldn’t make it to the ceremony. She was very, very nice, and made us feel very comfortable. She told me not to worry about anything, just enjoy the moment, and she would take care of everything. Which she did.
I waited inside the Pavillion, since I was setting our video camera to capture the ceremony. We had only decided in the last couple of weeks about taping, er, dvding? :confused3 the ceremony with an outside provider, but wanted to capture it with our own camera anyway. And I was a little worried actually because the camera man hasn’t arrived yet. He finally showed up about 15 min before the ceremony, much to my relief, and began taping and interviewing and etc.
So finally, the WC told me it was time, and to get ready to make my entrance, along with the officiant, It was kind of strange to make the entrance to an almost empty room (just one guest) but it was very emotional nevertheless.
So, the bells began to … well, sound (sorry, the correct name in English for the sound of the bells escapes from me right now). The WC cut the lace in the hallway. The doors opened. And there she was, in all her beauty, smiles, and romantic look :bride:, being walked down the hall by my mother. I could see all the excitement, happiness, a bit of sadness, and hope in her eyes. My mother had the same look ;). I could feel as if the time had stopped. But the ringing of my cell phone made me realize it hadn’t. I had forgotten to turn it off!!! The cell phone, I mean :headache:So just pressed a button so it stopped ringing, but it was all recorded. As was the intermittent beep to tell me I had a missed call. :sad2: I just don’t know why I didn’t simply turn it off.
The ceremony went well, with a few glitches here and there because of the lack of rehearsal, but to tell you the truth, those glitches were nothing compared to the moment we were living. We all remained near the altar of the WP, so it really didn't feel empty; as a matter of fact, since we were all close by, felt like a very intimate event, and we weren't opressed by the WP size. Let me also tell you that it is a beutiful place, even with no extra decoration, or flowers, or anything.:cloud9:
The ceremony ended too soon, and we couldn’t believe we were now married. And now was time for surprise number 2: rose petal toss at the exit. Juana also didn’t expect this, so she was moved when she saw it. Everybody cooperated for the toss: the musicians, the WC, the WC trainee, and made a real fuzz about it, which we were very thankful for. That’s when Juana lost it and began to cry.
We then did the photo session, which was an experience by itself. It really added to the ceremony, since it felt like it was part of it. You may have already seen the pics in a previous post of mine.
At the end, the Limo took us to the GF, where the next installment will take place…

After the ceremony, we stayed around for the photo session, which we really enjoyed. You can find the link for the pictures in one of the previous posts. For us, it was almost like part of the ceremony, and the photographer was really nice. We had the typical ‘family’ photos with all combinations of us & the guests. Fortunately there were only 2 of them!
Then we went out to the garden for more pictures, including the ones with the lake & the castle in the back.
The only thing we didn’t like in some of the pics, is that the videographer appears in some of them standing in the way. I guess he was not very used to work along with the Disney photographer. But we still like them anyway. Just not that much.
Someone took this one for us at the end of the ceremony
PIC_0149.jpg

Then, on again into the limo en route for the Grand Floridian. The cake cutting was not going to be at the Terrace, because work was being done, but instead it would take place @ the Key West Room
PIC_0150.jpg

When we stepped down the limo, we could understand why rock stars :rockband: and artists (well, performers) are so into it. Lots of nice looks, applauses, cheering… it is really a unique experience. I could get used to it. Could not get used to paying the bills, but certainly could get used to it.
When we made it into the room, the violinist started to play, and they all cheered. And Juana saw there the other surprise. Multi colored mickey confetti on the table, and the cake. Actually, her first look inside the room was for the confetti and the cake, never mind the people :goodvibes
Here, let me make yet another parenthesis, this one about our CM waiter, Erik. He is an elderly man, so sweet and kind. Juana felt he was almost like his father. He was full of good vibes. We almost felt uncomfortable about him taking care of us; we wanted to take care of him instead.
The wedding coordinator showed us how to cut the cake and the tradition about nibbling a bit from the hand of the other. Of the cake in the hand of the other, I mean.
We did the cake cutting and the first dance, which was ‘A Wonderful World’. It is the only name I remember from all the music we selected
We spent about half an hour there, eating cake for lunch and drinking champagne. We were really hungry by then, and were anxious that the time to have proper lunch at Fulton’s, arrived. Well, we were anxious about other things too, but the most imminent was lunch :thumbsup2
This is us @ Key West
PIC_0152.jpg

After the included time ended, the videographer, violinist, wedding corrdinator and WC trainee left, but told us we could remain at the room for as long as we wanted. It was almost time for lunch, anyway, so we stayed only like 5 or 10 more minutes, and went to the GF lobby to take us some pictures. Here are them.
PIC_0153.jpg

PIC_0155.jpg

PIC_0157.jpg

PIC_0159.jpg

PIC_0162.jpg

PIC_0164.jpg

Here we felt like celebrities again. Cheering, applause, curiosity looks, nice looks, chit chat, even some people took pics of us, as part of their Disney experience. It certainly was being a great experience for us. pixiedust:
Next, Lunch at Futons, and finally alone!

Congrats :banana: I can't say this enough I LOVE HER DRESS and she looks very beautiful. You look handsome so in love aww:cloud9:.

After the C&Ch toast, we went for our lunch resises at Fulton’s, which we have tried in our previous trip.
So, on we go in the limo, en route for DTD. We were still smiling and very excited both because of the ceremony and the attention we got @ the GF. And we were trying to enjoy our last minutes on said transportation media. Hey, for sure we will be in one again for our vow renewals… in about five years. Hopefully, with each other, again ;)
So we got down from the limo, and thanked our very attentive (is that even a word?) driver. Turns out it was his birthday and wasn’t supposed to be working on that day, but was the only one left for the wedding job, and was just waiting for us to end the event to go home.
We got more ooohs and aaahs and smiles and clapping (do we really need to wait five years for the renewal, I ask?) and we headed directly for Fulton’s. We got in, and waited for about 5 min… I don’t know why, because the place was almost empty. They sat us upstairs, and assigned a wonderful, patient, efficient and very kind waitress. And she even laughed at my jokes! :thumbsup2
SO we ordered lunch (I really can’t remember what) and some wine (mmm, maybe that’s why I can’t remember). I’m sure it was some kind of seafood :confused3
So we talked, and talked, and munched and talked some more, and made it like a two hours lunch, during which we had an excellent service and a yummy lunch (that, I remember) and at the end we did some more cake cutting, hoping to finish it. Fat chance. Literally.
By the way, our cake had different flavors in each layer. One was Marble cake with amaretto filling, and almond cake filled with peanut butter. Both were really yummy! Well, al least the first couple of days. Afterwards, we just kept on eating because we felt bad to throw it away, and to save breakfast money.
Anyway, after lunch we got out and walked thru part of DTD in order to get a couple of taxis. More oohs and ahhs and even some other people took pictures of us. Hey, there’s got to be a way to get this kind of attention, besides getting married at WDW!
And here, the unexpected pixie dust started to flow.:goodvibes As we were walking and taking pictures in the small bridge besides Planet Hollywood, a CM came by asking us if we were willing to take a survey. Remember that Juana was still in gown. Anyway, we accepted , and someone walking by began nagging the CM: ‘Can you see they are just married’ ‘Just give them a break’ etc etc.
Well, the CM got.. err.. urinated off at that person, answered back some stuff and said that since we were just married, and we had so kindly accepted , he would give us a Special Tinker pin! Very cute! And I don’t have a picture of that!
So we ended a survey, got the pin, and started looking for a couple of cabs- My mother quickly got one for her and our guest, and we waited for another one… but we didn’t see any, not even at the taxi stand… so another CM was walking by, and we asked her where we could get one. She pointed us to the taxi stand, which was empty. Then she asked us if we had just married, of course we aqnswered yes. She told us to wait for a minute, stepped a few steps away from us, and talked over her adio… then another CM came. The first CM told us the 2nd CM was a manager, and were trying to get some pixie dust for us. That we should not be worrying about getting transportation on our wedding day. A few minutes later, a van pulled off, and the driver stepped down, with bow tie and all, and said “I’m CM number three, and will be your driver for tonight” So we got a complimentary ride back to our hotel!
These were the first sparks of pixie dust that we would get all over the trip.
When we finally got back to our room. There was yet another surprise for Juana… the newlyweds gift basket, with our wedding ears!
That was, finally, the end of our day… or at least, of what I can write here regarding that day. ;)
We were tired, happy, excited and ready to spend the rest of our honeymoon at the World. :lovestruc Our plan for the next day was to go to World Showcase and visit many countries. We were really looking forward for lunch @ Rose & Crown, and … Cirque du Soleil at night! That, in the next instalment.
We only have a couple of pictures of pictures from our lunch, and here they are…
Near Planet Hollywood
DCAM0067.jpg

Here cutting the cake again, at Fulton’s
PIC_0168.jpg

The gift basket
PIC_0169.jpg

Aww, I loved reading your report! I've been enjoying it. Juana looks lovely in her dress. She looks like a princess on her special day. Say hello to Juana for me. May you be very happy on your marriage. :flower3:

In Spanish:

Me ha encantado leer su reporte. Juana se ve bella en su traje de novia. Parece una princesa en su dia especial. Saludos a Juana de mi parte. Les deseo mucho felicidad en su matrimonio..:flower3:
AF2Flowerstulips003.gif

Hi, Hector and Juana!

Your wedding was beautiful! Red is such a great color for you! I was so sad to read about the situation with the visas! Yet, as I read on and saw your smiling faces, I became so impressed by how joyful and in love you both look!

Aww, I loved reading your report! I've been enjoying it. Juana looks lovely in her dress. She looks like a princess on her special day. Say hello to Juana for me. May you be very happy on your marriage. :flower3:

In Spanish:

Me ha encantado leer su reporte. Juana se ve bella en su traje de novia. Parece una princesa en su dia especial. Saludos a Juana de mi parte. Les deseo mucho felicidad en su matrimonio..:flower3:
AF2Flowerstulips003.gif

Muchas gracias! Espero que sigas leyendo, y gracias por los buenos deseos. Thank you veru much for your goodvibes, and I hope you keep on reading!

Hi, Hector and Juana!

Your wedding was beautiful! Red is such a great color for you! I was so sad to read about the situation with the visas! Yet, as I read on and saw your smiling faces, I became so impressed by how joyful and in love you both look!

There were a couple of sad moments, specially right after the ceremony, and during cake and toast, where she cried because she missed her parents. However, since we taped the event, she was able to record a message for her parents, and recently they saw it, and were very emotional about it. :goodvibes Thank you for your sympathy!

So it was our first day after the marriage! We got up at about 7 (really) and had some yummy cake for breakfast, with lots of coffee (I know, healthy) but since we had ADR for Rose & Crown at 12.30, we were ok with such fillings for our tummies.
As I mentioned, our room was just across the parking lot from bus station 3a at CSR, so we put our Mickey & Minnie bridal ears, our just married buttons and we went to conquer de world!
Our plan was to go to World Showcase at Epcot, and pretend we were travelling the world for our Honeymoon. So, on to the bus stop. There, some people began commenting about being just married, thinking the ears were just a game. When we convinced them otherwise, it was all cheering and congratulating. They took a picture of us:
DCAM0077.jpg

They said I was too serious, that I should try to look like a just married man! So this was the result:
DCAM0076.jpg

Juana began wondering why everybody was laughing, so turned around to look at me, and I quickly changed my smile.
DCAM0078.jpg

Sometime later, when we returned to our room, saw the pictures and understood the smiles.
We made a short stop at Finding Nemo, we find that attraction very cute, and had a walk around
PIC_0172.jpg

PIC_0175.jpg

Then we began seeing all the countries. The idea was to see all the shows in our way to England, and found out that we could see them all if we ran to the neighboring country as soon as the current country show was ending. So we saw France, Morocco and Japan. We liked Morockin’,
PIC_0190.jpg

and while we liked them, we didn’t like the dancer very much. All the steps were performed in a very clean and elegant way, but kind of basic. That, didn’t stop me to take a picture of her, along with my now wife ;)
PIC_0205.jpg

We really loved the theming of Morocco; we think is the best of all Epcot. We loved the small alley where the restaurant is
PIC_0200.jpg

PIC_0197.jpg

One very nice thing about wearing the ears, is that almost everybody that saw we were taking pictures of each other, offered to take pictures of both of us together :wizard: and of course congratulated and best wished us :cloud9:
Following the lines of a global market, we imported our drinks from France into Morocco
PIC_0192.jpg

Ahhh those grand marnier slushies are just sooo good. :banana:
Then we went to Japan, where we loved the Drums. For some reason, we don’t have pictures of Japan, I think because it was almost time for our ressies at Rose and Crown. We were told to wait for about 10 minutes, so we did… what else? Look into a store :3dglasses. Outside of which, we had another picture taken
PIC_0183.jpg

We finally made it into Rose and Crown. I know there are mixed reviews about this place, but we really loved this place. We ordered the chees esampler for starter, and while we thought it was expensive for the amount of cheese, all of them were really good, and the companions for the cheese were great. Then we had the fish and chips and the bangers with mash. Both dishes were very good. This is me enjoying
PIC_0184.jpg

We shared half and half of the dishes, and were more than happy with our selection.
After having lunch and a couple of beers, we went to visit Italy, where we had the grappa Margaritas. Another drink we really enjoyed. Can you begin to see a pattern here? It wasn’t ‘Around the world in 80 days’, but ‘Around the world in 80 drinks’
We went back to France to take this picture

PIC_0186.jpg

And this pic in Morocco. One too many slushies? Juana is taking belly dance lessons, so thought this would be a good time to strike a pose
PIC_0203.jpg

We made it back to our room to freshen up and get dressed for the Cirque. We knew this Cirque was at a vacation spot and informality in wearing, but we wanted to make this special and we dressed like going to the theatre.
Remember that I told you Juana doesn’t like to feel like she’s very feminine? How feminine is this?
PIC_0227.jpg

We were still enchanted by the ceremony the day before, and all the fun we had in Epcot. It really is a very romantic place, if looked at, with romantic eyes.
DCAM0087.jpg

DCAM0088.jpg

Let me tell you, the Cirque is awesome. We had seen a couple of shows, but maybe it was the pixiedust or the sound system but this one was our favorite. Even when we have seen some of the performances at the other productions. We were sitting on the side (middle category), first row, and while for some of the acrobatics was hard to look up, we really liked being so close to the performers. The clowns were great, and really had us laughing. Everything was perfect.
So we were all cozy when the day ended, and we felt more coziness when we saw this while exiting the show
PIC_0231.jpg

It was made with water over the pavement, thanking everyone for coming to the show. This, also, for some strange reason that I don’t quite understand yet, felt very cute and romantic WINK.
On the way back to our room, we decided to walk all the way from the main building. Let me tell you:CSR at night is even more beautiful. All in dark, with the lights in the buildings around the like… the smells… everything.
Our first day as a married couple had ended, And had been dream-like. We could only wonder about things to come. We spent some time outside the room, enjoying the cold, the peace…

What a great first day of marriage you were right it is very magical and as the days go by more pixie dust comes your way. Great pics.

:goodvibesOK, I have to say about your lovely wife, Red is her color!! She looks amazing in it! The red theatre dress makes her look like a vintage hollywood movie star! What a night you must have had, Cirque is such a great show, and La Nouba is one of my fave Cirque shows as well:goodvibes

And I like how you think "Around the World in 80 Drinks":rotfl2:! My DF and I like to sample the tasty drinks too, the Orange Slush is my fave, but I will have to try that Grappa Maragarita next time too! And when you don't have to worry about driving home, I say why not right! It is a vacation after all!:goodvibes

:goodvibesOK, I have to say about your lovely wife, Red is her color!! She looks amazing in it! The red theatre dress makes her look like a vintage hollywood movie star! What a night you must have had, Cirque is such a great show, and La Nouba is one of my fave Cirque shows as well:goodvibes

And I like how you think "Around the World in 80 Drinks":rotfl2:! My DF and I like to sample the tasty drinks too, the Orange Slush is my fave, but I will have to try that Grappa Maragarita next time too! And when you don't have to worry about driving home, I say why not right! It is a vacation after all!:goodvibes

What can I say, I thinks she looks very nice in different colors ;) Just like a Mac notebook :thumbsup2

It really was a great night, we just bought the La Nouba DVD and all the time is 'Awww' and 'Oohhh' because of the memories.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter