• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

JTA - line up procesure

Ariel on Land

DIS Veteran
To clear confusion--- I tried reading the boards to get my kids in the Vader line but it didn't work out. If they line up near sign ups, they line up starting in the back, so the line closest to the rope is Vader.

The way it worked for us last week, the line near the wall was the 7th sister and the line of blue drops closest to where the parents stand while waiting for JTA to start was the line that fought Vader.

You dont get to choose who you fight. Luck of the draw unless you know where to stand. This morning they lined the kids up under the covering behind signups. The ones closest to the wall fought 7th sister. The one's closest to the opening got Vader. It's a fun experience, have fun!

Do the parents help during this lineup time or do we need to tell our kids ahead of time and let them figure it out on their own? I'm new to this so sorry! Plus I have a hard time picturing things in my mind...

Do the parents help during this lineup time or do we need to tell our kids ahead of time and let them figure it out on their own? I'm new to this so sorry! Plus I have a hard time picturing things in my mind...

Parent and child must both be at the actual sign-up.

Parent and child must both be at the actual sign-up.

Sorry I wrote that too fast. I was referring to after the signups...during the check in period or whenever they line the kids up into 2 lines...trying to figure out how to get them to fight Darth vader.

Sorry I wrote that too fast. I was referring to after the signups...during the check in period or whenever they line the kids up into 2 lines...trying to figure out how to get them to fight Darth vader.
They check in and give their ticket to a cast member. Then they have a seat on any open "dot" on the ground. The ones closest to the wall are for Seventh Sister.

Also, just so you know if your kid is fighting the seventh sister no amount of begging and crying will get the CM to allow them to go fight Vader. When we did JTA last week, we saw a woman crying and pleading with the CM to allow her kid to fight Vader when she realized he was fighting the seventh sister. The CM apologized but told her he would have to fight the seventh sister. The odd part is she kept saying all the kid wanted to do was fight Vader but the kid did not seem to care who he was fighting or understand the characters. He seemed happy to be playing with a lightsaber.

:earsboy::earsboy:

They check in and give their ticket to a cast member. Then they have a seat on any open "dot" on the ground. The ones closest to the wall are for Seventh Sister.

This makes some sense to me. We watched it on YouTube and I remember the dots.

Also, just so you know if your kid is fighting the seventh sister no amount of begging and crying will get the CM to allow them to go fight Vader. When we did JTA last week, we saw a woman crying and pleading with the CM to allow her kid to fight Vader when she realized he was fighting the seventh sister. The CM apologized but told her he would have to fight the seventh sister. The odd part is she kept saying all the kid wanted to do was fight Vader but the kid did not seem to care who he was fighting or understand the characters. He seemed happy to be playing with a lightsaber.

Oh I would be so embarrassed if that was me. But I also know kids can be so unpredictable at times so maybe she was expecting a meltdown but thank goodness it didn't happen! I don't think I will tell my kids that if they stand in a certain place they might get to fight vader because my oldest would be upset and would have a hard time coping because that's the way he's wired with his sensory processing. And nothing will distract him from it. The poor kid...when we do character meets he is more concerned about having his autograph book turned just the right way than he is actually interacting with the characters. I constantly have to think through everything before acting on it! Thankfully his 3 younger siblings are much better with going with the flow. DS is almost 7 now and much better than when he was 3 or 4! He has such a big heart though so I won't complain!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter