Joy and Sadness for an adult kid

Claudia Kellenberger

DIS Veteran
I will vacation solo. I am an older adult. Although I have enjoyed meeting characters at breakfast, I have never been interested in waiting in any lines for them. But I am interested in Joy and Sadness. Where can I meet them? Does anyone have any photos of them at a meet and greet? Thanks!

They are at Epcot, in Future World. Walk through the "breezeway" from the center of the park toward The Land, and they will be on your right inside the Innoventions building. The Character Spot with Mickey & Co is on the left, across the breezeway. Baymax has his own m&g next door to Joy & Sadness.

I met Joy and Sadness in April (solo adult here, too) and they were great - they are so adorable! I posted a pic I took of just the two of them (not me meeting them) somewhere on here, but I don't have it handy. Their line can get long; I waited an hour at 12:30 pm. If you can prioritize them in the morning, that's probably better.

We had such a blast at this M&G in July. They're fantastic characters to meet.

DSM_0342-L.jpg

DSM_0361-XL.jpg

We met them last month and it was a lot of fun! They were estimating the wait to be 45min -- when I saw the line I thought there was no way that was right so we got it. Waited 18min exactly! :)

I just met them Sun...solo adult. =) I was there for park opening and headed straight to soarin' for 2 quick rides, grabbed a banana and coffee for bfast and then went to their line. It was around 9:45 when I got there and they told me a 45 min wait, but I think it was actually about 35 mins. The cast members told me their line only goes up from there except in the evening it can go down a little, but I was headed to Halloween party that night so I stayed. They are fun! Sadness tried to steal my pen b/c it was blue. =)

We just saw them for the first time Saturday with two adults and our 24-year-old "kid". Wait was about 30 minutes at 2:30pm. (In the last pic my husband was showing Joy that his jersey said Gaston on it ;), hence her expression). They both liked the cheeseheads!

View attachment 194263 View attachment 194264 View attachment 194265
I was at Epcot too on Saturday and saw you guys around Soarin! My hubby commented on the cheese hats lol.
I will vacation solo. I am an older adult. Although I have enjoyed meeting characters at breakfast, I have never been interested in waiting in any lines for them. But I am interested in Joy and Sadness. Where can I meet them? Does anyone have any photos of them at a meet and greet? Thanks!
I met them both back in May. Here's my picture with Joy.
tumblr_odg3j5u4u51ufx7h3o1_1280.jpg

This was by far the longest line we waited in last month, but totally worth it. My daughter was wearing a Baymax t-shirt and bow (we met him first), and when Joy saw it, she tried to walk her back to Baymax. Joy and Sadness then spent a good 3 minutes trying to convince their handlers that we should ALL go invade Baymax's line. So much fun.

We just saw them for the first time Saturday with two adults and our 24-year-old "kid". Wait was about 30 minutes at 2:30pm. (In the last pic my husband was showing Joy that his jersey said Gaston on it ;), hence her expression). They both liked the cheeseheads!

Love the Packers jerseys (I grew up in GB)! :thumbsup2

This was by far the longest line we waited in last month, but totally worth it. My daughter was wearing a Baymax t-shirt and bow (we met him first), and when Joy saw it, she tried to walk her back to Baymax. Joy and Sadness then spent a good 3 minutes trying to convince their handlers that we should ALL go invade Baymax's line. So much fun.

I know that totally would have gummed up the line but it's too bad they couldn't have gone over to Baymax's line like Alice riding the teacups. That probably would have been a blast.

Inside Out is such a great movie. I cannot wait to meet Joy and Sadness in a few weeks! :) I'm glad I'm not the only adult who enjoys meeting characters.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter