JoW, not going to waste my time

Is it supposed to be an actual attraction? I figured it was just part of the park remodel to make a nice area to walk through. Kinda like the back side of the tree of life in AK.
It IS an attraction, it’s a walkthrough, which other parks have but is sort of an unusual thing for WDW.

Anyway this has been discussed over and over but IMO the biggest issue is that this took way too long to build and people expect a bigger payoff as a result.

Is it supposed to be an actual attraction? I figured it was just part of the park remodel to make a nice area to walk through. Kinda like the back side of the tree of life in AK.
They hyped it like an attraction- but that's as close as it comes to being what most of us consider an attraction. It's just a learning/fun walking path.

There is room in the parks for both thrill rides and walk through attractions. It’s not a bad attraction simply because it is low-key just like Tron isn’t a great attraction because it is fast. I think both are particularly beautiful after sunset when they are all lit up.

I agree it took far too long to build, but it could have been due to supply chain issues . . . :duck:

Not everything has to be a thrill ride. It is a walkthrough edutainment. We went through twice... We liked it, especially at night all lit up. There were lots of people and families who seemed to be enjoying it for sure when we were there 10/30.

LOL one thing that will never change is impatience with Disney construction slowness... Their timeframe is their timeframe. It does not help with speed when things being worked on are inside a park that is open 7 days a week. It will be nice when all the walls are gone.

It was cute. On a hot day will be nice. Lol. Too many people at one time though. There are some great picture opportunities in there but tooooooooo many people in such a small area.

I think once it’s all said and done it will all blend in well. I think we will have holiday paid parties like magic kingdom and Hollywood once this is all done. They can use that huge staging area for it along with the park but I think there will be plenty of ways to make extra money using that area based on what is written about it on the net already. Paid concerts. Paid cooking events.

I'm looking forward to it. I'm picturing a similar experience to what we see when we do the walk-thru Gorilla or Tiger trails at AK, or perhaps the SFR treehouse at MK. Not thrill attractions, but well-themed and interesting..... And yes, it could've been completed sooner - but it's here now!

Is JoW at Epcot just an added attraction that Disney built so as to not to have to staff it? There is no way I would waste my precious time with such with only one Epcot day in January.
I was there for one of the early-access days in October! I went in with incredibly low expectations, but both my partner and I really enjoyed it! The interactive bits are really well executed, and a ton of fun! Reminds me a bit of the interactive exhibits in Innoventions, which were my favorite as a kid! It’s also nice to have a kind of buffer space to visit throughout the day, when full from food and tired from rides.

When we went it was way too overcrowded in there to the point you couldn't really walk through it. Also I hate to say it but they need CMs manning every "display" because way too often I saw people going through and doing the same event on each display i.e a family each going one by one to through each of the water strings exhibits.

When we went it was way too overcrowded in there to the point you couldn't really walk through it. Also I hate to say it but they need CMs manning every "display" because way too often I saw people going through and doing the same event on each display i.e a family each going one by one to through each of the water strings exhibits.
I think overcrowding will be the biggest problem with this area. we went several times before it officially opened. They were limiting the number of people entering, but was still crowded. If they don't limit the numbers entering, it could become a big turn off. But we had a lot of fun there.

I’m sure that crowds will die down after the newness wanes. Although I’m looking forward to seeing it I don’t see it as a must do repeat attraction

Went yesterday. It's a glorified splash pad...that is to say that children were definitely running rampant there and unless you were under 10, getting near the effects wasn't happening. It looks so out of place here too. Definitely looks like an AK attraction. Hopefully it will give crowds somewhere to go but I don't feel the need to experience it again.

We went the other day (Wed Dec 6). We needed to kill time before our GotG virtual queue came up. DD9 LOVED it. If we had had my other kids with us, I'm sure the younger boys would have loved it too. It's fun, and probably more fun if it's hot out. The "landscaping" is gorgeous.
We didn't have a problem with crowding. There were definitely a lot of people, but people moved through the interactive spaces pretty quickly. Every spot has a few interactive points, so there wasn't a ton of queuing to be able to participate.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter