Journey to Atlantis - How wet?

keepswimming76

Mouseketeer
Hi there -

We are heading to Sea World Orlando on December 2nd. We road Journey to Atlantis several years ago and got soaked. It was September so it was not much of a big deal.

Do they "tone" down the splash, so-to-speak, when it is colder out? I ask because a local amusement park does make their water rides a little less wet when the temperatures outside are lower.

Thanks!

The ride itself doesn't get you wet. It's the people standing on the bridge that are spraying you after the big drop. They get to push buttons and set of the sprays when the boats go by and you can get hammered with at least five different sprays as you round the bend. We were dry until that point after that we were soaked to the bone.

Ugh - I guess I might on that ride then. I hate getting soaked like that!

I believe they do "turn down" the wet when it is colder. I have ridden and come off completely dry.

Do avoid the front rows. The wettest spot is on the little tiny hill after the main drop - the front of the boat will plow into the water and a wave will come over the bow (this happens in a lot of "log flume" type rides).

We rode Friday and did not get very wet. We were wet on the side facing out but that was it.
Saturday we got wetter on the first drop. As we turned the corner there was a squirter that drenched our entire boat. When we got off we watched and this thing sprayed every second of third boat.
I did not see the things where people squirt you that were there before.
Temps both times were upper 70's.

Those squirters definitely get turned off as the temperatures drop...and if they are on you definitely do get wet. They have the same things on Splash Mt. when the boat passes the main drop.

There were 2 young girls in the front seats. My 8yo daughter and I in the second row. Hardly a water drop. We begged for someone to spray us....no takers. 2nd and 3rd time around we sat in the front (there was no line so we moved up in the same boat for the 2nd trip (the 3rd we just stayed on). Still not very wet.

Put a heavy person (or two) in that boat and you have the potential to get SOAKED. My husband is 300 pounds, and his weight helps make for a big splash down.

I have ridden in the front of the boat and got soaked from the waist down. At the small drop, a wave comes over the front! Last time we rode we sat in the back couple of rows and stayed pretty dry. We didn't have any outside soaker issues!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter