• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Journey Into Imagination With Figment

Status
Not open for further replies.
I loved the original ride. When they changed it my mouth dropped open the entire time with how bad it was. When the said Figment was coming back, I had hope, but what I got was the same bad ride with a couple figments. As a kid, I loved seeing the dreamfinder and his air machine that created figment. Also loved all the different figments in all sorts of costumes. The song was much better with Dreamfinder and Figment singing it. I wish they put it back to the original, but with added modern tech.
Same here! That's what I want too! What they did is they put Figment into a half-a**ed attraction with no creativity and no imagination whatsoever! Dr. Nigel Channing and his boring open house suck! Figment is the only good part of it! Everything else is complete garbage compared to the original!

I don't think you will see any changes unless it gets a new sponsor. It may go the way of the Wonders of Life.
Well I hope they do get anew sponsor because I want the original version back with modern technology! I want the old version with Dreamfinder & Figment! Not the monstrosity there today with Dr. Nigel Channing and his senses open house!

I loved the original as well, it was my favorite attraction at WDW (followed closely by Mr. Toad), but the main thing I didn't get was why the ride was so much shorter after the refurb. From the research I've done, the original way the cars were run through the ride as groups of four that divided up was a problem mechanically from the time the attraction opened. The refurb did away with that problem as well as the increasingly dated show--which I loved regardless.

And as much as I appreciate the re-inclusion of Figment (the unofficial mascot of Epcot after all) because of guest feedback, I actually prefer the non-Figment refurb attraction to the re-refurb. It made a lot more sense before the changes. In any form, it's a far better fate than Wonders of Life and The Odyssey have faced.

As for Dr. Nigel, he's fine by me. It's no more dated than Ellen in sitcom mode after all. Also, as you can probably tell, I'm a Monty Python fan anyway. ;)

I think where fans of the pavilion as it has been in any form is the replacement of Kodak with Nikon as the photo-tech-of-choice. I like to think that Nikon will become the sponsor of the Imagination pavilion and we get a whole new experience--with Figment included, of course.

There are quite a few people who recognize Eric Idle for the comedic genius he is, and can get past the writing to appreciate his performance.....Monty python it is not....Sorry he is one of my families absolute favorites and can do no wrong.

Same here! That's what I want too! What they did is they put Figment into a half-a**ed attraction with no creativity and no imagination whatsoever! Dr. Nigel Channing and his boring open house suck! Figment is the only good part of it! Everything else is complete garbage compared to the original!

They changed it to tie in with Honey I Shrunk The Audience and that show, but now with the return of Captain Eo (Disney trying to capitalize on the death of Michael Jackson) the link serves no purpose. I remember when Honey I Shrunk the Audience opened, it had massive lines all the way down the ramp of the Pavilion building.

All my childhood rides at Epcot were either scrapped or redone. Kitchen Kaberet, Horizons, World of Motion, Original Universe of Energy, Spaceship Earth with Walter Cronkite. Guess Living with the Land is still there, minus the personal CM tour guide. With so few rides at Epcot, I wish they could have just expanded for Soarin and Test Track (original of this was also better). instead of destroying the old rides.

Figment is my favourite character though (buy all the stuff for my kids) and as a child I rode it multiple times when in Epcot, as the air machine scene was awesome and the ride was nice and long.

There are quite a few people who recognize Eric Idle for the comedic genius he is, and can get past the writing to appreciate his performance.....Monty python it is not....Sorry he is one of my families absolute favorites and can do no wrong.
I don't think Eric Idle is bad. I think the Dr. Nigel Channing character is annoying and boring! Dreamfinder was much better and Dr. Nigel Channing is the controversial character that pissed us Figment fans off! He's a terrible replacement for Dreamfinder and I can't stand him! Neither can the rest of my family! We all like Figment and the original ride however we hate Nigel Channing and his boring science labs. I like Eric Idle but he doesn't belong in the Imagination pavilion.

They changed it to tie in with Honey I Shrunk The Audience and that show, but now with the return of Captain Eo (Disney trying to capitalize on the death of Michael Jackson) the link serves no purpose. I remember when Honey I Shrunk the Audience opened, it had massive lines all the way down the ramp of the Pavilion building. All my childhood rides at Epcot were either scrapped or redone. Kitchen Kaberet, Horizons, World of Motion, Original Universe of Energy, Spaceship Earth with Walter Cronkite. Guess Living with the Land is still there, minus the personal CM tour guide. With so few rides at Epcot, I wish they could have just expanded for Soarin and Test Track (original of this was also better). instead of destroying the old rides. Figment is my favourite character though (buy all the stuff for my kids) and I rode it multiple times when in Epcot, as the air machine scene was awesome and the ride was nice and long.
I love the the old rides too however I am most upset about them changing Imagination! Also I hated Honey, I Shrunk the Audience aswell. Could be another reason I hate the new imagination ride so much! If it weren't for that awful Shrunk the Audience garbage! They would've never changed it! Hope Disney brings the original Journey Into Imagination with Dreamfinder & Figment back! Because if not, I'm never going to EPCOT again. I was very disappointed with the lack of classic attractions.

I love the the old rides too however I am most upset about them changing Imagination! Also I hated Honey, I Shrunk the Audience aswell. Could be another reason I hate the new imagination ride so much! If it weren't for that awful Shrunk the Audience garbage! They would've never changed it! Hope Disney brings the original Journey Into Imagination with Dreamfinder & Figment back! Because if not, I'm never going to EPCOT again. I was very disappointed with the lack of classic attractions.

I had hopes of something being done with Journey into Imagination when I saw a Youtube video that showed the Dreamfinder showing up at D23 along with the original music. http://youtu.be/OWzNjQ0zdHM

Maybe when they redo the Imagination Pavilion they will do it with the thought of how many love Figment and the Dreamfinder.

I had hopes of something being done with Journey into Imagination when I saw a Youtube video that showed the Dreamfinder showing up at D23 along with the original music. http://youtu.be/OWzNjQ0zdHM Maybe when they redo the Imagination Pavilion they will do it with the thought of how many love Figment and the Dreamfinder.
Same with this at the recent d23 this year:
http://youtu.be/kae4YKA-VnM

To be honest, I'd rather they just bring back the original attraction. Who knows what they'd do if they made a new attraction after seeing what they did with the current version. Plus bringing back the original wouldn't cause as much controversy. As I said earlier, I wrote a letter to Disney explaining everything that was wrong the current and how much better the original one was in comparison. I also was very clear that I wanted the original back and not just Dreamfinder back. I reccomend that everyone that agrees that the current version sucks and that they want the original attraction back, write a letter to Disney customer services! They told me that they shared my letter with the leaders of Epcot. Hope it means the original will be returning soon! I would like to be able to experience my favorite Disney attraction of all time in person instead of the home videos online.

I know I'm in the minority - and it might have a lot to do with the fact that this version is the only one I've ever known, but the current version is my favorite ride in Epcot outside of Soarin.

I don't find the prof mean or boring - I find him charming and fatherly. But to each their own. :confused3

Follow the Bounching Figment it tastes like chicken? Man, that's just sick! :duck:

I LOVE FIGMENT!!!!!!!
"Follow the bouncing Figment"
"Tastes like Chicken"
"Imagination"
I would rally to keep it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:figment::figment::figment::figment::figment::figment

I know I'm in the minority - and it might have a lot to do with the fact that this version is the only one I've ever known, but the current version is my favorite ride in Epcot outside of Soarin. I don't find the prof mean or boring - I find him charming and fatherly. But to each their own. :confused3
Watch this recreation of the original ride from d23 and you'll see exactly what I mean: http://youtu.be/kae4YKA-VnM

I've seen the vids, I just don't care.
I LIKE the character you keep ranting on about... with Figment they kind of remind me of Alvin and Dave Savil of Alvin and the Chipmunks... a beloved childhood memory (the chipmunks that is).

That and I LIKE science type stuff and have never found it boring.

Yeah - growing up gay in the 80s was a little confu
Watch this recreation of the original ride from d23 and you'll see exactly what I mean: http://youtu.be/kae4YKA-VnM

Yeah, I think we all got that. Since you've repeated yourself over and over and over and over for 3 pages. We. Get. Your. Point.

AHHH, let the OP have the thread. There is passion here! I like passion. That D23 exhibit stirred up a lot of emotion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter