Journey Into Imagination With Figment

Status
Not open for further replies.

FigmentFan98

15 Year Old Dreamfinder & Figment Fan
Oh boy, I have a real problem with this attraction and I have for quite a while aswell. I'm pissed that they changed this attraction. If anyone has seen the original version with Dreamfinder & Figment, you know how much of a joke the current version is.
The first problem I have with it is Dr. Nigel Channing. Not only is he a majorly outdated part of the ride since Honey, I Shrunk the Audience no longer exists, he is a very annoying host that constantly yells at Figment to get out of his sight, also he lectures a lot and is extremely boring and irritating. I have to say he's the worst Disney character I've ever seen
Second problem I have is the whole theming and name of the attraction. The attraction is called Journey Into "Imagination" With "Figment". Ya right, from what I've seen, all it is is a boring open house on the senses with Dr. Nigel Channing getting mad at Figment. Instead of being a ride about Journeying through the different parts if imagination with Dreamfinder & Figment, it's instead a wacky lesson in the senses with a whole Channing vs Figment theming. It makes no sense and it's irritating. Also the original had lot's of scenery, animatronics, and all sorts of things to see. This version however doesn't! It's very dark, empty, and a lot shorter. Only two Figment animatronics and the rest are just screens and doors? Ya like that's real entertaining to see.

Bottom line is, the original version was perfect in every way and got the theming and characters right. The current version is a disgrace to the Figment fans and it needs to be shut down very very soon! I'm hoping Disney brings back the original version. I already wrote a letter to Disney explaining all the problems I explained here. I also told them I wanted the original version back and not just Figment back like last time. I don't want another version of this terrible ride with Dreamfinder added in. I want the original ride back. And they responded by sending me a card with a 30th anniversary EPCOT pin featuring Figment which was very nice of them. They also told me that they shared by letter with the leaders of Epcot. Hope they realize that the current version really is as bad as I say and they bring back the original version for all the fans of the original and people that miss it so much. If you have any thoughts to add on this topic. Please do post them. I'd love to see them. Thank you for reading this and I hope to read your posts soon. Thanks again.

I enjoyed the original version of this attraction but it's been 15 years since it closed.

Let it go.

I LOVE FIGMENT!!!!!!!
"Follow the bouncing Figment"
"Tastes like Chicken"
"Imagination"
I would rally to keep it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:figment::figment::figment::figment::figment::figment

I remember the original ride from when it first opened. After I got married, I took my wife on it once and she hated it... thought it was just stupid (I know... sacrilege). We never went on it again until our last visit. The line was empty and I convinced the family to ride. I'd already heard lots of bad things about the new version, but I didn't completely hate it. I do think the original was better, but since the rest of my family either hates both versions or are indifferent, I doubt I'll be riding it much in the future.

Hasn't the attraction been like this since 2002? Why the outrage now?

I remember seeing the second attraction in 2000. That was a really bad attraction. I was expecting the regular one from my childhood and scared the daylights out of my one year old with the dark and train scene.

I LOVE FIGMENT!!!!!!! "Follow the bouncing Figment" "Tastes like Chicken" "Imagination" I would rally to keep it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :figment::figment::figment::figment::figment::figment
I love Figment, but that's not the way the ride is supposed to be. The original version with Dreamfinder & Figment was much better. http://youtu.be/kae4YKA-VnM

Hasn't the attraction been like this since 2002? Why the outrage now? I remember seeing the second attraction in 2000. That was a really bad attraction. I was expecting the regular one from my childhood and scared the daylights out of my one year old with the dark and train scene.
Why the outrage? Because the problem obviously wasn't fixed. Ya Figment was added in but the current version is horrible. I only knew of the original from a YouTube video. When I went to EPCOT I expected to see the one I saw! I didn't! I absolutely hated it and thought to myself... Why the hell did they change it? Which is why I'm gonna try and get the original version back! Epcot needs at least 1 original attraction.

Oh boy, I have a real problem with this attraction and I have for quite a while aswell. I'm pissed that they changed this attraction. If anyone has seen the original version with Dreamfinder & Figment, you know how much of a joke the current version is.
The first problem I have with it is Dr. Nigel Channing. Not only is he a majorly outdated part of the ride since Honey, I Shrunk the Audience no longer exists, he is a very annoying host that constantly yells at Figment to get out of his sight, also he lectures a lot and is extremely boring and irritating. I have to say he's the worst Disney character I've ever seen
Second problem I have is the whole theming and name of the attraction. The attraction is called Journey Into "Imagination" With "Figment". Ya right, from what I've seen, all it is is a boring open house on the senses with Dr. Nigel Channing getting mad at Figment. Instead of being a ride about Journeying through the different parts if imagination with Dreamfinder & Figment, it's instead a wacky lesson in the senses with a whole Channing vs Figment theming. It makes no sense and it's irritating. Also the original had lot's of scenery, animatronics, and all sorts of things to see. This version however doesn't! It's very dark, empty, and a lot shorter. Only two Figment animatronics and the rest are just screens and doors? Ya like that's real entertaining to see.

Bottom line is, the original version was perfect in every way and got the theming and characters right. The current version is a disgrace to the Figment fans and it needs to be shut down very very soon! I'm hoping Disney brings back the original version. I already wrote a letter to Disney explaining all the problems I explained here. I also told them I wanted the original version back and not just Figment back like last time. I don't want another version of this terrible ride with Dreamfinder added in. I want the original ride back. And they responded by sending me a card with a 30th anniversary EPCOT pin featuring Figment which was very nice of them. They also told me that they shared by letter with the leaders of Epcot. Hope they realize that the current version really is as bad as I say and they bring back the original version for all the fans of the original and people that miss it so much. If you have any thoughts to add on this topic. Please do post them. I'd love to see them. Thank you for reading this and I hope to read your posts soon. Thanks again.

I agree! When my sister and I were little we went on this ride and loved it (1986? I can't see my siggy). We were obsessed with Figment!! Forget Mickey, Minnie, etc. - Figment was the highlight of our trip! A few years ago (not knowing they changed it) I went on it and was really disappointed. I couldn't understand why I liked it so much.
It's a shame, they should have left it.

I think the outrage over this ride just builds with each year that it remains open. I think the current version is okay since there's no wait, but it's a shell of its former self. I do expect Disney to revamp it in some way during the next few years, though I'm keeping my expectations in check about what it would be. One of the major issues is that the track was shortened; the entire downstairs was part of the ride. It would require more work to make it longer than its current truncated form, and that is needed to really make something great. I'd also prefer that the upstairs is re-opened since many of the elements are still there.

I agree! When my sister and I were little we went on this ride and loved it (1986? I can't see my siggy). We were obsessed with Figment!! Forget Mickey, Minnie, etc. - Figment was the highlight of our trip! A few years ago (not knowing they changed it) I went on it and was really disappointed. I couldn't understand why I liked it so much. It's a shame, they should have left it.
AGREED! I've only known Figment for 2 years by seeing a YouTube video of the original. I didn't know it changed, so when I rode the ride I hated it! Disney needs to bring the original version back! People miss it and some people like me would like to see it in person. I don't like Dr. Nigel Channing and his boring open house at all! I want Dreamfinder, Figment, and the imaginative and creative ride I know and love!

I think the outrage over this ride just builds with each year that it remains open. I think the current version is okay since there's no wait, but it's a shell of its former self. I do expect Disney to revamp it in some way during the next few years, though I'm keeping my expectations in check about what it would be. One of the major issues is that the track was shortened; the entire downstairs was part of the ride. It would require more work to make it longer than its current truncated form, and that is needed to really make something great. I'd also prefer that the upstairs is re-opened since many of the elements are still there.
I feel that they should just refurbish the whole Imagination pavilion to how it was from 1983-1999 with all new modern technology, updated animatronics,etc. With the original 1983 soundtrack remastered! Original ImageWorks could he updated with all new technology too! I feel if the original version returns, EPCOT will be a much better place then and I'll finally be able to see the original version in person.

I feel that they should just refurbish the whole Imagination pavilion to how it was from 1983-1999 with all new modern technology, updated animatronics,etc. With the original 1983 soundtrack remastered! Original ImageWorks could he updated with all new technology too! I feel if the original version returns, EPCOT will be a much better place then and I'll finally be able to see the original version in person.

I understand you're nostalgia for the original ride, but they could create a new ride experience. What if it was a completely new Figment ride using the technology of Spiderman/Transformers? That could be amazing!

I understand you're nostalgia for the original ride, but they could create a new ride experience. What if it was a completely new Figment ride using the technology of Spiderman/Transformers? That could be amazing!
Ya but it's just that seeing how thy made a "modernized" Figment ride. Who knows how that'd turn out. I mean every other park has their classic attractions except Epcot. I feel Journey Into Imagination (the original) should be brought back to the way it's supposed to be. A lot of kids don't know who Dreamfinder and Figment are and the original would be a good way to introduce them to everyone since they introduce themselves in the ride and actually take guests on a Journey Into Imagination. I also feel it's the best way to not cause so much controversy like these past two "modernized" versions.

I enjoyed the original version of this attraction but it's been 15 years since it closed.

Let it go.

Pretty much my sentiments, too. It has been a whole lotta years since the changes were made, and Disney has made absolutely no move to correct the problems and deficiencies as seen by Figments legions of fans. I highly doubt that they will do so in the future, unless they can find another major sponsor for the pavilion. Even then I can't see them returning to the original version, but going with a newer re-imagining that encompasses more modern technology.

In the mean time, if the very thought of the current Journey bothers you so much, just skip it.

Figment is my son's favorite ride & character since his first trip when he was 6. However, he doesn't know any different. I must have gone on the original but I don't remember it at all. I do know I love watching the pure happiness on his face every time he rides. It's like it's his first time all over again. To me it's worth it every time :lovestruc:love::figment:

I love me some Figment!
I Love Figment too as u can tell from my profile picture and my username. However, the only reason why I was negative on the current it's because of the Dr. Nigel Channing character and the current theming and because of how low quality it is compared to the original version. Look up the original on YouTube and you'll see exactly what I'm saying. I like that Figment is in the current version, However I don't like anything else about it. The host from the original, the Dreamfinder was more of a kid friendly Walt Disney style character that was appealing to families and was a jolly, happy character. Dr. Nigel Channing seems just unappealing, boring, and irritating. I mean, how is it appealing to have a boring and unimaginative host yell at Figment?! How is that entertaining?! I honestly don't hate the Figment character. I love Figment. I just don't like what they've done to his ride and I certainly can't stand Dr. Nigel Channing and the current theming and they way they changed. That's all. Please watch the original version of the ride and see for yourself how much better it originally was.

I loved the original ride. When they changed it my mouth dropped open the entire time with how bad it was, and no figment. When they said Figment was coming back, I had hope, but what I got was the same bad ride with a couple figments. As a kid, I loved seeing the dreamfinder and his air machine that created figment. Also loved all the different figments in all sorts of costumes. The song was much better with Dreamfinder and Figment singing it. I wish they put it back to the original, but with added modern tech.

I don't think you will see any changes unless it gets a new sponsor. It may go the way of the Wonders of Life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter