Journey at Disney Sea vs test track

Bluemoon71

Earning My Ears
I've heard that the journey to the center of the earth ride uses a similar technology to test track. How do the two compare in terms of speed and intensity? I'm guessing the theaming for journey makes it much more intense but does it feel much faster? Does journey have any big drops? I'm trying to convince my mom to go but she did not like test track (combo of the speed with the curves). She also doesn't like drops but loves rides like Indy and dinosaur. Any insight is appreciated! Thanks!!

While the technology is the same, the rides are very different.

Journey is slow through nearly the entire ride and then speeds up rapidly in the dark, going up in a circular motion then there is one drop of about 30 feet, and then its pretty much over.

If I hadn't read it I wouldn't have thought they were the same tracks. As ChrisFl said slow to start and some great theming then in the dark a short fast bit round and up and a free-fall drop at the end that reminded most of Splash Mountain so if your mum can handle that she will prob be OK. It happens so fast and as you shoot out of the dark its over before she'll knww it. My DD who is not a fan of coasters or drops was fine on it. My DH didn't want to ride it a second time but his back was a bit sore after being jerked about in IJ and he thought another go might joggle it a bit worse and didn't want to have that spoil the day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter