Josh Duggar to be Sued

CPT Tripss

Registered
According to In Touch, which first broke the molestation story involving the former “19 Kids and Counting” star, one of 27-year-old Josh Duggar’s victims who isn’t in his immediate family will be filing a civil lawsuit against him.

The anonymous source who told In Touch about the lawsuit added that it could be very damaging not just for Josh, but the entire family, because as a civil proceeding about a crime whose statute of limitations has expired, neither he nor his parents would be allowed to plead the Fifth to avoid self-incrimination.

http://www.salon.com/2015/07/01/jos...rt/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

Because its a civil, not criminal suit. Smart move. No jail time, just possible fines or settlement and a lot of very interesting
depositions from (I'm guessing) mom, dad, josh, and others. The full truth might yet
come out.

Why now? That's what I don't understand...
It also could be that the victim doesn't feel like the whole truth is being told by the Duggars and wants her side of the story on record. As long as nobody was talking about it, everything was fine. Well, at least as fine as can be if you have been molested.

But I can see a victim getting angry if the Duggars are the only ones talking about it and she feels like they are not telling the truth. The Duggars have gone to great lengths to minimize what young Josh did and maybe the victim wants everyone to know that it wasn't just a curious boy copping a feel over a dress.

She may want to public to hear the real. story. When everyone involved stayed quiet, there was no suit. But now that the Duggars have gone on TV with their story she may want the truth to come out and the only way to keep it from being a he said she said story is to try it in court.

Maybe they'll go after the parents.
7a11.jpg

Maybe this person is no longer in the cult, and since the story came out through no fault of her own; she now realizes it's not ok, it is a big deal and it doesn't happen to everyone! (Yes, that's a line from Friends, but fitting here)

She will go after the parents and josh. The great thing is that they will not be able to use their 5th amendment rights. Everyone will finally hear how they failed as parents and did not protect those girls.

Another Television Reality Family that is a mess. They need to take these shows off the air like The Kardashians, Honey Boo Boo, and the several others that are out there. This type of stuff is not only bad for television but I have no idea why a family would want the world to be all up in there business like this. I really feel for the two sisters in his own family this happened to and now this other person who had to go through this horrible ordeal.

Another Television Reality Family that is a mess. They need to take these shows off the air like The Kardashians, Honey Boo Boo, and the several others that are out there. This type of stuff is not only bad for television but I have no idea why a family would want the world to be all up in there business like this. I really feel for the two sisters in his own family this happened to and now this other person who had to go through this horrible ordeal.

Family reality TV shows are unfair to the kids. The minors in those shows have no control over how their lives, and the lives of their family members, are portrayed. The shows represent a major loss of privacy at a young age, and the consequences could potentially be lifelong. It seems so unhealthy.

It's not just those 3. There are other sisters who are still underage. The scary thing is that there are probably more victims but the family chose to just sweep it under the rug to protect their precious josh.

It's not just those 3. There are other sisters who are still underage. The scary thing is that there are probably more victims but the family chose to just sweep it under the rug to protect their precious josh.
That is just sick. Don't these people have any common sense? The boy committed a crime on many girls and some of which were his own sisters. The parents should also be charged with obstruction of justice in my opinion.

Family reality TV shows are unfair to the kids. The minors in those shows have no control over how their lives, and the lives of their family members, are portrayed. The shows represent a major loss of privacy at a young age, and the consequences could potentially be lifelong. It seems so unhealthy.
It is unfair. These kids are not even close living what reality is at all and the shows are called reality shows. The sad thing is they wont be taken off the air because people who watch them get so wrapped up in these peoples lives that some who watch even feel like they know the family. It is sad, really sad.

Why now? That's what I don't understand...
As far as I'm concerned, his victims can pick whatever time they want to sue him. I really don't need to understand the timing and don't care.
That is just sick. Don't these people have any common sense? The boy committed a crime on many girls and some of which were his own sisters. The parents should also be charged with obstruction of justice in my opinion.
No. They don't have any common sense. That was one of the first things to go.

They were protecting their image more so than just Josh. Protecting their image was more important than protecting the victims.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter