• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Jordache Jeans.....

I wanted those jeans, too, but money was very tight growing up. So my mom said, "You want Calvin Klein written across your a$$, go get me a pen." :scared1: I wasn't happy with that comment then, but I think it's very funny now. :rotfl2: I managed through high school in Wranglers and hand-me-downs. My kids, thank goodness, are not into names or brands or styles. Neither am I, for that matter. I've saved soooooo much money over the years....which now goes to our Disney habit!!! :thumbsup2 Funny thing...I married a guy with the last name Klein, so now I write it practically every day!:goodvibes

I had a pair! I saw them at Walmart too and cracked up! It really was funny to see them there.

OMG- from 3rd to early 6th grade I was a chubby kid! My Mom bought be Jordache jeans (from Wanamaker's in the Moorestown Mall-lol I remember) and had to get them professionally hemmed!

In 6th grade I had a health scare and lost a ton of weight & shot up about 6 inches. I remember I needed all new clothes and I got a pair of designer jeans that were solid on one side and striped on the other. I can't remember the brand. Loved those jeans, eventually needed to lay down on the bed to zipper them!

I still remember my first Guess jeans- my aunt is very wealthy and got them for me for Christmas. And I think I wore them with Reebok high-top aerobic sneakers!

Funny thing- I now wear Old Navy Diva jeans and get them on sale for $19.99, not a penny more! :rotfl:

Yes, and it broke my heart a few years ago when Wal*Mart started selling Ocean Pacific. I had to have OP!

You know, it's funny. I was just saying to DW that Calvin Klien is the only designer (that I can think of) from the 80's that has remained "designer" since the 80's.

Oh, the days. My birthday is the end of the month - I'm halfway through my 40's now :scared1:

I begged my grandma to buy me a pair of Jordache jeans. She had no idea what they were but she still bought them. Then I scrimped and saved every last penny to buy a pair of Nike "swish" shoes to wear with them. I was STYLIN'! :hippie:

Oh yea! Lying on my bed with my comb stuck through the zipper so i could zip them. Then putting the comb in my back pocket (of course) to head out to the roller rink with my freshly curled "winged back" hair.

DD(5) takes roller skating lessons on Saturdays. Two weeks ago they played Michael Jackson's "Bad" and boy did I get some roller-rink flashbacks! :rotfl2:

When I told my friend that DD was now skating, she asked me if DD was putting a comb in her back pocket! :laughing:

And let's not forget what we wore along with our jeans........polo shirts and Member's Only Jackets :rotfl:. Oh.....and Charlie perfume....:rolleyes1

Double polo shirts in coordinating colors underneath that Member's Only jacket. Practically a whole can of Aquanet to keep those winged bangs in place. LOL

Oh yea! Lying on my bed with my comb stuck through the zipper so i could zip them. Then putting the comb in my back pocket (of course) to head out to the roller rink with my freshly curled "winged back" hair.

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:...Exactly...I think anyone in our age group, had the exact same outfits and hair..loved my big hot pink comb :rotfl2:

and remember the comb that looked like an ice cream cone? I know someone who still has hers at her parents house!

Double polo shirts in coordinating colors underneath that Member's Only jacket. Practically a whole can of Aquanet to keep those winged bangs in place. LOL

Not just aquanet, I even had a travel curling iron that ran on butane! That thig had so much hair spray burned on it! :rotfl2:

Ah memories! I had the Jordache, Sergio Valente, Member's Only jacket, and Jean Nate splash. And of course the feathered hair with Aquanet. :rotfl: My DD had an 80's day, and with her clothes and hair, she looked exactly like me back then.

Not just aquanet, I even had a travel curling iron that ran on butane! That thig had so much hair spray burned on it! :rotfl2:

You are killing me :rotfl2:..butane...:lmao:..I remember having 'feathered roach-clips' hanging from my hair, jean pockets etc. and not having any idea what the "roach-clips" were really used for..duh :rotfl2:

This was my 1982/83 going out to party outfit... designer jeans, ruffled blouse, aquanetted hair, lavender Members Only and MIA flats... oh yeah and two bottles of that fine wine... Boones Farm Strawberry Hill and Tickle Pink! :rotfl:

Great! Now I can't get the jingle, "Ohh La La ... Sassoon!" out of my head!!!

I had the Jordache with the comb in my back pocket. :)

I'm embarassed to say, though, that almost all of my jeans NOW are Gloria Vanderbilt!! I have found that the GV Amanda jeans are the only ones that fit me now. I get them at Kohls when they are on sale and I can use a 30% coupon. Granted, these are all denim colored and not red or blue etc. like the ones I had in high school!!!

What was the shampoo where you had to tell your friend... and they tell their friend ... and they tell their friend ... and so on and so on and so on???

Maggie

Yes, and it broke my heart a few years ago when Wal*Mart started selling Ocean Pacific. I had to have OP!

You know, it's funny. I was just saying to DW that Calvin Klien is the only designer (that I can think of) from the 80's that has remained "designer" since the 80's.

Oh Geez! Ocean Pacific!!! We couldn't afford Ocean Pacific but I did manage to buy an Ocean Atlantic shirt in Atlantic city one year. :lmao:

Maggie

What was the shampoo where you had to tell your friend... and they tell their friend ... and they tell their friend ... and so on and so on and so on???

Maggie

Was it "Gee Your Hair Smells Terrific?" That's the only one I can think of.

With color coordinated socks to match one of the shirts! :lmao:

With color coordinated socks to match one of the shirts! :lmao:

And several strings of plastic bead necklaces in matching colors! We also wore the collars up on our polo shirts--never the "normal" way. Also jelly shoes and banana clips in our hair. Pretty cute!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter