Jon & Kate plus 8 budget?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow.....I had no idea.....she's always bugged me, but sheesh. I must live in a cave or something!

FYI: The shades were put up at the request of the production company, so they could do less post-editing (helped them with lighting issues). The guys who put them up (production assistants) had little idea what they were doing, so Kate asked them to fix their sloppy job.

you can google the same thing I told a PP to search. Kate Gosselin's parents. There are bunches of links when I did that earlier trying to recall where I read about that stuff.

I dont' follow the show anymore so sorry I haven't ready many blogs or threads about them. I used to watch the show until I realized I was getting po'd at Kate and it was stressful to watch! LOL That's when I turned it off for good. I don't even stop when it comes on if I'm channel surfing.

ETA~ every once in a while I get sucked into threads like this and I can feel my blood pressure rising just thinking about how badly those kids are being exploited. So, signing out for my well being!

I've spent way too much time reading blogs & forums about JK8. More time than I'd care to admit :rotfl:

There is at least one blog from May 2005. It's a blog that's part of The Reading Eagle, the local paper. The blog was published before Jon & Kate were on TV, and many of the earliest comments paint a very unflattering picture of what went down when the babies were born.

Earlier this year, there was a "person" that called herself several names, but the most well known is Penn Mommy. Penn Mommy posed as a Gosselin helper, posting blogs about Kate and how she treated people. Penn Mommy then went on to claim she had a dying son. It was revealed as a massive hoax earlier this month. Before this was revealed, many of the JK8 blogs & forums felt that Penn Mommy was a credible source and used it as a frequent insider source.

The whole thing is CRAZY. It's a train wreck. :rolleyes:

Based on her calling an adoptee a tag-a-long, I hope nobody will give them one. I also think that the only reason they want to adopt is because it would keep viewers watching, and their show on the air. Its all about the show for them, they both make me ill.

Okay, off my soapbox now.

Yikes! I haven't finished reading the thread but I have to defend this one! The expression "tag-a-long" is commonly used when a new child comes into the family after the others hit school age.
Although I can see how might not be seen as a flattering term, it has nothing to do with adoption!

I find it interesting to see how much the show has changed since it's beginning - some of the first episodes did show Kate doing the "organic" shopping (including budgeting and using coupons). It seemed much more normal and showed their everyday life. It appeared to me they really were doing things themselves and relied on those few people for support (Beth and Jodi).
Now...the shows are much different. It is all about the trips and special occasions. It seems more apparent that they are not the only ones doing things like housework, shopping, taking care of the children, etc. I feel the show has transformed them (more so Kate), so now life is all about the show. Maybe it's just stardom, but it has changed. It's just unfortunate because it sounds like they have burned a lot of bridges with important people in the kids' lives - ultimately they are the ones that are going to suffer. It seems they will not fully understand the concept of relationships - or at very minimum will have a very warped concept of relationships!
On a positive note, it is a better family show than most out there - and my kids enjoy watching the little kids. We don't watch it as often...just occasionally when we are flipping through to find something.

Frankly the show is getting boring and I doubt if it will last much longer. If I was in their place I would be putting everything I could into savings.

I would imagine it's getting very boring! I only watched HALF an episode once...I recorded the one about them going to Disney and I could only get through about half of it....yawn. :confused3

I hope they make decent money and I hope they save well for the future...

The piece in People noted that the source of income is the show and appearances.

I am weary about the possible adoption. It seems like a ploy to continue the show after all the kids are in school. Kate says they want to adopt from Korea, because of their Korean background. I can see specials in the future about their adoption journey.

Many countries have limits to how many children can be in the home. Of course, celebrities don't seem to be affected by these rules like the rest of us. (speaking as an adoptive mom myself)

I would imagine it's getting very boring! I only watched HALF an episode once...I recorded the one about them going to Disney and I could only get through about half of it....yawn. :confused3

Mkes me wonder why TLC does these JK8 Marathons!!! I think there is one tonight. how many episodes can a person watch:confused3

Does anyone know how much compensation this reality TV family earns??? I mean this show is so so so very repeated over and over again on TLC!!

I wonder how much they make to like the Roloff family, the Duggars, etc.

Yikes! I haven't finished reading the thread but I have to defend this one! The expression "tag-a-long" is commonly used when a new child comes into the family after the others hit school age.
Although I can see how might not be seen as a flattering term, it has nothing to do with adoption!

Thanks for the information I had never heard that before, probably because nobody I know wants another baby after their youngest goes to school :rotfl: It didn't matter to me that they were referring to an adopted child that way, I don't like the term for any child, but I guess she didn't mean it as I thought.
It doesn't change my opinion of those two, I truly feel the only reason they want to adopt is to keep their show on the air, and they still make me ill :sick:

I admit to watching the show. That being said, it absolutely has turned into "what did they get for free this week?" The Phillies show was just crazy...who else gets certificates, bags full of merchandise, box seats and visits from the teams head honchos for a first game trip? Come on.

I do seem to recall one show early on about how they were "trusting in God" or something to that effect when it came to the kids college funds etc. I know last Christmas, she commented that it was hard to buy for 8 kids, and she was thankful for some viewers/fans who sent things for the kids. However, it sure doesn't look like they go out of their way to be frugal...but, again, if you get comp'ed for everything you do and all the places you visit...

Kate can be a bit of a shrew at times, but I will give her the benefit of the doubt, because I can only imagine what I would be like with 8 little kids. I have 1 teenager and I'm at my wits end a lot of nights!!

Ress

I still like the show. Yes, they do get alot of free things, but that comes with doing the show. All of these reality families get free stuff. I think it must be difficult to raise 8 children, and good for them for being able to take them places and expose them to different trips and experiences, which they would never be able to do without the show. I say ride that train as far as it will go.

I used to really like the show but it has turned into such a "gimme fest", especially with the latest trip to Hawaii. I remember one episode they were writing a will and figuring out how to divide assets among the children and decided to give them the money at the completion of college or age 30. So they must have a lot socked away for them. I am a mom of 3 and I must admit to being jealous. I never have been to a spa and doubt that my family will ever be lucky enough to go to Hawaii. Why should they get all those things for free?

Sorry slightly off topic but how old are the kids now? The shows i'm watching in Uk the sextuplets have just had their 3rd birthday and i'm wondering how far behind we are

I worry about the kids.. Sooner or later people will tire of watching this show, the gravy train will come to an end, and what impact will that have on children who have become accustomed to getting everything from name brand clothing to trips for free?

I only occasionally catch the show by "accident" now and quite frankly, it's become terribly boring..

I'd rather watch the Duggars.. Granted - they have a ton of kids (and another on the way) - but you actually see the parents teaching their children values, how to budget, how to run a household properly, etc.. I find that much more interesting than one free trip after another; teeth whitening episodes; tummy tucks; etc..:rolleyes:

And Kate's nasty attitude? Don't even get me started...:headache:

I admit to watching the show. That being said, it absolutely has turned into "what did they get for free this week?" The Phillies show was just crazy...who else gets certificates, bags full of merchandise, box seats and visits from the teams head honchos for a first game trip? Come on.

I know they got a ton of stuff, BUT I do know the Phillies used to give out certificate for your first game. I only know because we got them for my sister & my neice when we went for their first game...but they didn't give us the rest of the stuff, guess we weren't special enough!

I do like the show, but do get annoyed by some of the things they do/say. It is good to put on in the evening when we are getting DS to settle down, he likes seeing the kids playing.

You know what I just found incredibly funny? Kate dealing with 8 teenagers! Now, thats a show I want to see!:happytv:
Speaking as a mom of four (13,15,19,21);)

I watched the Disney one and boy...that was the worst trip to Disney I think in history. They only showed MK and the kids eating ice cream with the princesses (because that always happens ;) ) then the kids couldn't even enjoy the ice cream because Kate was screaming because they got some on their clothes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter