Jon and Kate Plus 8. Official Thread!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I just opened this to ask if anyone was getting the marathon - when I realized it's on tomorrow as today is not, in fact, Wednesday. Work jumbles the mind!

I loved last night's epi. I barely recognized Kate for a few years after the twins were born! She looked so different... But she looked similar at their wedding and on the honeymoon!

I took the comment about the honeymoon to be about relaxing, but also... they've 8 kids! Kinda like, she is in Disney hyper-drive with her family, so it might've been nice to do something not Disney. However, it was also her first ever trip so well, she just didn't know. And that must be exhausting, 4 parks in 4 days and it's the first trip and it's your honeymoon! Like, DF and I will go on our honeymoon, but we've been there several times and I have vowed to be more relaxed this trip! Kate is all about relaxation now - she cherishes going to the spa and time away from the kiddos.

It was good to "get to know" them a little more and clear up some of those questions and arguments people always make.

Just joining in the fun. I love this show but DH hates the way that Kate talks to Jon sometimes.

I missed the new episode because I was watching Army Wives last nite. When is it going to air again??

Kate was a nurse at a dialysis clinic.

i believe she only worked at the dialysis clinic for a short while after the little ones were born. she's mentioned on the show about having worked in maternity, and the press releases from penn state hershey medical center where the babies were born reported that at the time of the births she was a registered nurse in labor and delivery at reading hospital and medical center which was also where she had completed nursing school.

Loved this week's episode! Jon and Kate were SO CUTE in the early videos. It was nice to see her so relaxed and carefree. I teared up a little when they showed Jon's dad with the twins. He obviously loved them a lot.

I thought Kate did a great job of talking about the absent grandparents without really saying anything. I'm sure they have their reasons, and I thought it was very respectful of her not to air out that laundry in front of the entire country.

And I was SO GLAD to read here that they're going to do another season! I was a little fearful that last night's was going to be the beginning of the end!

Just joining in the fun. I love this show but DH hates the way that Kate talks to Jon sometimes.

I missed the new episode because I was watching Army Wives last nite. When is it going to air again??

The new episode that had aired this past Monday -"How We Got Here" - is airing at 7pm, eastern time, tonite. It will be followed by the very first special the Gosselins did in 2006 -"Surviving Twins and Sextuplets" - at 8pm. The second special they did will air immediately after; it's this show that shows some pretty graphic footage of Kate's tummy tuck - so get those pillows ready to cover your eyes with!:laughing:

The new episode that had aired this past Monday -"How We Got Here" - is airing at 7pm, eastern time, tonite. It will be followed by the very first special the Gosselins did in 2006 -"Surviving Twins and Sextuplets" - at 8pm. The second special they did will air immediately after; it's this show that shows some pretty graphic footage of Kate's tummy tuck - so get those pillows ready to cover your eyes with!:laughing:

Thanks! I'll be watching. :thumbsup2

I've seen the other specials before but it will be nice to watch those again. I think the only other episode I have missed was the recent one about Jon getting hair plugs.

Thanks! I'll be watching. :thumbsup2

I've seen the other specials before but it will be nice to watch those again. I think the only other episode I have missed was the recent one about Jon getting hair plugs.

I only saw a tiny bit of that episode, but my mom said it was really gross, so I might be skipping that one.

BTW, we get to see it every morning at 11:00am EST :yay:

Suzanne

i believe she only worked at the dialysis clinic for a short while after the little ones were born. she's mentioned on the show about having worked in maternity, and the press releases from penn state hershey medical center where the babies were born reported that at the time of the births she was a registered nurse in labor and delivery at reading hospital and medical center which was also where she had completed nursing school.

Also, the fact that she worked on the maternity ward may answer the question about how she knew she might have fertility problems and how she got treatment so quickly.

I worked (registration) on a maternity ward while I was studying to be a teacher and I learned tons about infertility, pregnancy, delivery...also, I knew lots of docs to ask questions.

BTW, we get to see it every morning at 11:00am EST :yay: Suzanne

We do too!
7.gif

I'm officially addicted to this show! And it couldn't come at a better time - I HATE summer tv programming. I know when there's nothing else worthwhile on, I can find an episode of Jon & Kate somewhere -- either on TLC or my Tivo!

We do too!
7.gif

I'm officially addicted to this show! And it couldn't come at a better time - I HATE summer tv programming. I know when there's nothing else worthwhile on, I can find an episode of Jon & Kate somewhere -- either on TLC or my Tivo!

Yeah, I am addicted too. I am going to go home and watch the marathon after I get off at 11:30 tonight :dance3:

Suzanne

I am so glad that I just came home and read this, now I can see the second surviving show. I saw the first one but never this one. YEAH for ME!

Did anyone else notice this??

On the episode where she gets her tummy surgery and she is making all the dinners, she said the little kids have not had fast food. Like they just don't get feed the family that. Not 5 minutes later, Mady goes up to wake up Cara and I swear there was a McDonalds cup sitting on the night stand! Sure it could be a crew members or who really cares if they eat McD's, just thought it was funny!!

I love this show!! Darn that little Leah is so cute!

Something I noticed, when they went to Sam's club, I saw an awful lot of food that wasn't organic. Goldfish stands out in my mind right now. Busted. LOL

Something I noticed, when they went to Sam's club, I saw an awful lot of food that wasn't organic. Goldfish stands out in my mind right now. Busted. LOL

I think this was before she decided to go ALL organic. I noticed in the first couple episodes of the series her goal was to feed her family organic "whenever possible" but if I remember right she just kept saying how expensive it was. I guess eventually they were able to go all organic.

Also, I noticed something else after watching last night and just wondering if anyone else has. It seemed like Kate was a bit more down to earth and humble before she got her tummy tuck. She seemed content to let John talk more and not correct him as much. But I also felt bad for her when he was talking about her body and how her belly looked. She definitelty has alot more self esteem and confidence now then she did back then.

Also, I noticed something else after watching last night and just wondering if anyone else has. It seemed like Kate was a bit more down to earth and humble before she got her tummy tuck. She seemed content to let John talk more and not correct him as much. But I also felt bad for her when he was talking about her body and how her belly looked. She definitelty has alot more self esteem and confidence now then she did back then.

She can give as good as she takes though. Have you seen the one with Jon's hair plugs? :rotfl: She had quite a few choice remarks to make about his hair...or lack thereof (she's right though; he did have *beautiful* hair :))

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter