Jollywood Nights-Hearing Some Negative Feedback...

They told us they are tweaking it and future nights but wouldn't tell us any of the changes they were actually making.
I'm interested in seeing what changes they can possibly make. The park is so under built that you'd almost need to just cut capacity to make this not insanely crowded.

The only change they announced so far for Jollywood Night Number 2 is the Brown Derby will be first come first serve, which doesn't really solve anything. It's just going to be a hoard of people rushing the host stand trying to get in, and then they will utilize a VQ Walk Up List once the first seating is at capacity. So they are skipping the patented "great Disney IT infrastructure" for the beginning of the chaos, and then will utilize it once they are full.

Disney if you are reading this, here is one easy tip. For all future nights, have more than 1 credential/wristband distribution point in the park. You got the enormous space of the Indy Stunt Show theatre with nothing going on in there, USE IT!

Why anyone would do Brown derby period during the party is beyond me

Why anyone would do Brown derby period during the party is beyond me

Because with how Disney described it, it was going to be a swinging jazz club with Christmas themed eats and drinks, and then it turned out to be nearly a complete bait and switch with no Christmas themed cocktails, no dance floor, and a lone piano player who was playing Disney songs at a 4 to 1 clip versus Holiday songs with minimal holiday theming in the restaurant.

Because with how Disney described it, it was going to be a swinging jazz club with Christmas themed eats and drinks, and then it turned out to be nearly a complete bait and switch with no Christmas themed cocktails, no dance floor, and a lone piano player who was playing Disney songs at a 4 to 1 clip versus Holiday songs with minimal holiday theming in the restaurant.
For the people going who’ve read the reviews, I’m guessing it will be way less popular tonight.

Yup. Between punching the app for a spot and then waiting to be served the one drink we ordered (we realized quickly when we sat down that this was not a "Jazzy Club" and we were expected to order food and drinks) we wasted at least an hour or more on this dismal experience. I really hope those going tonight don't make the same mistake - "Jazzy Club" should be avoided at all costs.

For those going tonight, I hope Disney has spent the entire week making changes and tonight is a much better experience for you!!

Hoping we hear much better reports after tonight! There are a lot of people on this thread who have a vested interest in the changes as they already have tickets purchased tickets for a future party.

Looking forward to hearing tonight’s reports!

Last edited:

You’re not going to be able to do all of that because:

1. Lines for the magic shots are crazy long;
2. Lines for the shows are crazy long and I don’t see how they’re going to be able to fix that since it’s a theatre capacity problem. You need to budget an hour for each show to take into account both the line-up and the show itself.
3. The ROTR line even with the VQ was apparently also incredibly long, and it goes down a lot;

If you nix the magic shots and nix the shows and just want to treat it like an after-hours event with low lines for attractions, and just assume you’re not going to get to do ROTR (and be pleasantly surprised if you are) then sure you’ll probably have a blast. Keep your expectations low.
lol or rope drop and do the same thing for free if it’s ride focused. Point of these parties is the stuff u can’t do or get during the regular hours. The rides are secondary in my opinion. For the money people are putting out Things should be better.

For those going tonight, I hope Disney has spent the entire week making changes and tonight is a much better experience for you!!

Hoping we hear much better reports after tonight! There are a lot of people in this thread who have a vested interest in the changes as they already have tickets purchased for a future party.

Looking forward to hearing tonight’s reports!
I don’t see them doing anything to improve the experience. They got their money even if reviews are bad people will still shell out. You know how many people prob buy tickets and don’t even read a thing about the party.

I usually try to find the positive but this is the way things have been going. More money for less and less. D

lol or rope drop and do the same thing for free if it’s ride focused. Point of these parties is the stuff u can’t do or get during the regular hours. The rides are secondary in my opinion. For the money people are putting out Things should be better.
Same thing for free?

Rides. Im talking if u are only going for the rides. Well meaning you were already in the park for the day. Why pay the additional party cost if just doing rides.
I’m only going for one day and want to see a less crowded Galaxy’s Edge. Hopefully I’ll get on RotR but I’ll take Smuggler’s Run and MMRR being walk ons.

I’ve heard from other sites in addition to the previous announced changes to how to get into brown derby I heard wristband distribution is at muppets & launch bay idk if that’s instead of or in addition to the Mickey short theater

Also saw speculation about additional characters meeting

I’ve heard from other sites in addition to the previous announced changes to how to get into brown derby I heard wristband distribution is at muppets & launch bay idk if that’s instead of or in addition to the Mickey short theater

Also saw speculation about additional characters meeting
If they add more characters then they really need to refund everyone from Night 1.

We got to HS tonight just in time to make Fantasmic show, we’re coming from dinner at Jiko. Didn’t know it was a Jollywood night so we panicked when finishing up dinner as we have not made one night show this week due to rain.

Just wanted to say saw lots of swanky dressers, fit for a night of n the town. Guys in Fancy suits, lots of sparkly dresses, reminded me kind of Dapper Days at DL…hope you all have a fabulous night!

going home tomorrow!

If they add more characters then they really need to refund everyone from Night 1.

From what I’ve read, everyone who asked for a refund got one. It’s on the guest to initiate it. Disney’s certainly not going to contact every guest. Even at holiday parties that have been almost complete rain outs, it’s always been up to the guest to ask for the refund.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter