John's Wish Trip

Got our our flight times!! I am excited that we leave Philly at 930 am fly into Orlando at Noon on 10/1, and then depart at 150 in the afternoon on 10/7.

Those times are good...other than I am wondering about needing to leave at 330 am on the day we depart to make it to the airport on time. Get trough security with 4 kids and board . Kids ages 3-7 .

Our wish coordinator said we will get are packet 2 weeks before are trip . We have a small car and with luggage we will not all fit . They said they can do transportation but then what do i do with the kids car seats till we get back ?

Trying to decide if we should drive over the night before and get a hotel room though..

When they provide transportation how soon before your flight do they get you to the air port ?

On to the not so good . Just when we think John is making progress.

Not the best news but news . Johns anc is down to 1341 .They now know as well that he is Steroid dependent for his GVHD.. When he turns 4 he will need to see the bone Drs. There is a concerns of the development of Osteoporosis .

Next Chop is planing to start doing photopheresis; by the end of the year, They have the drs trained and are getting every thing in place . Just dont have every thing set up yet. Now we keep doing thee meds and Wait .

For this once again we will be split up as a family for 3-8 months for his treatment . One of us will stay home with the other 3 kids due to school . We cant afford the drive 2-3 times a week ...

Hi!!

I hope you have an awesome trip!!!!

I just went through the Philly airport 2 weeks ago, and I'd leave plenty of time - lol....also if you can do slip on shoes and easy carry on's and clothes with no belts and stuff it will be easier!!

What is your family looking forward to the most????:goodvibes

Hi!!

I hope you have an awesome trip!!!!

I just went through the Philly airport 2 weeks ago, and I'd leave plenty of time - lol....also if you can do slip on shoes and easy carry on's and clothes with no belts and stuff it will be easier!!

What is your family looking forward to the most????:goodvibes

I honestly am not sure what the thing we are most looking forward to, on one hand Disney is going to be so great because John loves Mickey, but we have heard such great things about GKTW, that we are just as excited for that as well.

:goodvibesOh YES!!! GKTW is great too!! such a special place!! We enjoyed it when our nephew Daniel had a MAW trip a few years ago!!! Its all good, right???

We are just 18 days from johns wish trip.. Should be a good time will post photos :) It really sets in how close it is once you get all your paper work in the mail as it did now for us

Hello!!!!

I just wanted to say hi over here! I put a link to your pre-trip report on the Wish Trippers thread! I am so sorry that I am just now seeing it!!

You guys are going to have such a wonderful time!!

Enjoy it! Take lots of pictures! And don't forget to relax and take it all in while you are there! :)

Monday
October 1st 2012

Leave for Philadelphia International (PHL) via
Arrival/Check in at Give Kids the World
Mayor Clayton's Hare-Raising Halloween Party on the Avenue of Angels
Orientation

Tuesday October 2nd 2012
John's Star and Kid's Pillows at the Castle
Depart for Epcot

Epcot Itinerary

Future World
Space Ship Earth
Test Track
The Seas with Nemo
Turtle Talk with Crush

World Showcase
Big Splash Bash

Wednesday October 3rd 2012
Horseback Riding
Depart for Universal and Islands of Adventure

Universal/ Islands of Adventure Itinerary

Wizarding World of Harry Potter
Marvel Island
Meet Barney and Friends
Suess Island
Kids Night Out

Thursday October 4th 2012
Disney Character Photos in Julie's Safari Theatre
Day at GKTW
4:30 pm Leave for Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party
(Parades at 8:15 , Fireworks at 9:30pm)

Friday October 5th 2012
Sit Down Breakfast at Gingerbread House
Universal Character Photos in the Castle of Miracles
Leave For Magic Kingdom
Magic Kingdom Itinerary

Main St Usa

Main St Confectionary
Main St Bakery
WDW RailRoad

Adventure Land

Enchanted Tiki Room
Jungle Cruise
Magic Carpets of Alladin
Pirates of the Caribbean

Frontier Land

Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
Country Bear Jamboree
Splash Mountain

Liberty Square

The Haunted Mansion
Liberty Square Riverboat

Fantasy Land

Dumbo
Fairytale Garden
Great Goofini
Small World
Mad Tea Party
Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
Peter Pan's Flight
Regal Carousel
Snow White's Scary Adventure (If Still Open)
Tommorow Land
Space Ranger Spin
People Mover
Friday October 5th 2012 Cont.

7:30 pm Pirates and Princess Party at Serendipity Stage

Saturday October 6th
Leave for Disney Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom

Disney Hollywood Studios Itinerary

Streets of America

Honey I shrunk the kids adventure set
Streets of America Movie Set

Pixar Place Area

Disney Junior – Live on Stage
Studio Backlot Tour
Toy Story Midway Mania

Hollywood and Sunset Boulevards

The Great Movie Ride
Rock N Roller Coaster featuring Aerosmith
Twilight Zone Tower of Terror

Animal Kingdom Itinerary

Kilimanjaro Safaris
Wildlife Express train
Expedition Everest

7:45 Pm Mayor Clayton's Birthday Party on Avenue of Angels

Sunday October 7th 2012

8:00 am Breakfast at the Gingerbread House

9:30 Checkout/ GKTW Gift Shop

10:00 am Lunch to Go

10:15 am Leave for Airport

10:30-10:45 Return Rental

11:00 Arrive at Main Airport area at Orlando (MCO)

1:50 pm Depart Orlando (MCO) for Philadelphia International (PHL)

4:10 pm Arrive at Philadelphia International (PHL) Pick up by Limousine Company

It looks like alot and we know we may have to cut things out but this is the plans so far pixiedust:

the best thing is to be flexible - make plans but be willing to change them if something comes up. This is my number one rule for Disney!!

Harry Potter can get crowded, best to get to Universal when it opens if you can.

My second piece of Disney advice - BRING SNACKS to the parks. Nothing is worse than waiting in line with a whiny child, and kids get whiny when they are hungry. Peanut butter crackers, candy bars, granola bars, fruit, something to keep you going. Also, you can get free water everywhere - ask for the courtesy cup - so no need to spend a fortune on drinks.

Have a great trip!

the best thing is to be flexible - make plans but be willing to change them if something comes up. This is my number one rule for Disney!!

Harry Potter can get crowded, best to get to Universal when it opens if you can.

My second piece of Disney advice - BRING SNACKS to the parks. Nothing is worse than waiting in line with a whiny child, and kids get whiny when they are hungry. Peanut butter crackers, candy bars, granola bars, fruit, something to keep you going. Also, you can get free water everywhere - ask for the courtesy cup - so no need to spend a fortune on drinks.

Have a great trip!

Thanks for the advice, we realize that as much as we have planned, we are going to go and have great time no matter what. And we went to the grocery store and bought lots of snacks to take with us in the parks...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter