John's Mini Trip to Disneyland ... Diamond Edition! UPDATE 7/ 11 Chapter 7 COMPLETE!

Hello friends!

I apologize for the delay but I had a busier week then I anticipated. One of the highlights was seeing Rolling Stones perform Wednesday night! This was a bucket list concert of mine, and I’m so glad they came to Nashville so I wouldn’t have to go see them somewhere else! Here’s a picture from our seats, not that great but that’s OK!

20150617_213450.jpg

CHAPTER 4: Adventures of a Rebel Spy.

So there we were in Tomorrowland, just taking in the atmosphere, and the Tomorrowland music loop leads starts leading into “It’s A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow.” I do what any normal Disney fan would do, and start singing right on point.

Greg asks me, “How did you know what song was about to play?” I quickly answer with no shame, “This may or may not be the first time I’ve listened to this music loop…” :rolleyes1

We had about 30 minutes to kill before our SM FP (yes, still paper). What were we thinking? Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin? Astro Orbiters? Autotopia? Innoventions (Yes, here it is in Tomorrowland - but it’s closed for refurbishment)?

At this point we were still hitting attractions that would have queues that would be ridiculous later on, so it was time to go to a galaxy far far away.

20150526_092407.jpg

and now presenting the backside of C3P0

I had actually never done this attraction in DL, because the wait times were always 45 minutes plus when the most I have ever waited in MGM (sorry not sorry “Hollywood Studios”) was about 20 minutes. It was about a 20 minute wait here.

While in the queue, we were stopped enough to watch the security robot scan bags, and we found something very interesting in one of the bags!

download.jpg

photo courtesy of Google

We both had a good laugh that Wall E was in a checked bag. I imagine he would weigh over 50 pounds though, so I can’t imagine the extra baggage fee on that.

We made our way into the vehicle, and we were the only two in the group that was not a part of a big group of high school seniors. Which means it was a very loud and ridiculous ride, and I’ll leave it at that. :) :chat::rockband:

The CM actually asked me about the group, and I told him I didn’t know them. I was then perplexed because I thought to myself:

1. Do I look old enough to chaperon 30+ 17 and 18 year olds (or have a child that old)?
  2. Do I look like someone that’s qualified to chaperon 30+ 17 and 18 year olds?
:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Turns out, neither of us were the Rebel Spy (a little girl that screamed the whole time was - imagine that?). But maybe I am … they just haven’t caught me yet.

We still had some time to kill before SM, and right around the corner is the mountain that WDW does not have.

20150526_094329.jpg

Notice the lines? It was already about a 60 minute wait at this moment. Today was a pretty heavy crowd day (I’ll try to get into this later). But fortunately, Matterhorn has a single rider pass!

20150526_094537.jpg

maybe eventually I'll crop out my feet

I’m actually not that big a fan of Matterhorn, but I wanted to check out the new animatronics of the Yeti that had been installed. I am a fan of progress, after all. So in about 5 minutes we were on our bobsleds and I was ready to get it over with. :rotfl2:

Disneyland is missing a big market by not opening, “Yeti’s Chiropractor Adventure” at the end of the Matterhorn queue, if that gives you an indication on how rough it can be. :) Most of the ride can be smooth, up until you go down and just *thump* at the bottom of the jump. It can be pretty painful. Matterhorn is dangerously close to making my Murtagh list (bonus points to a reader that knows the reference - two answers can be accepted)!

As much as I was aching, I was glad to ride it. Plus it was time for Space Mountain, and we all know it has magical healing powers.

20150526_101100.jpg

this is my “i’m going for the ZZ Top beard from the hair in front of me look”

At this point I was getting hungry so we were making our way out of Tomorrowland but I ran into trouble!

THEY FIGURED OUT I WAS A REBEL SPY TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20150526_101358.jpg

Fortunately, I assured the Stormtrooper I was not the spy he was looking for, and he left me alone.

Anyways, after the scary run in with the law, we made our way into the hub area to get one of my favorite snacks, if not favorite food item, in Disneyland.

Join me as we jump into a painting for this one.

20150526_101529.jpg

20150526_101608.jpg

20150526_102059_1.jpg

This my friends, is a Matterhorn Macaroon. Coconut macaroon with the top hardened vanilla sugar. As far as I know, they can only be found at the Jolly Holiday Bakery. If you like coconut, this is the jam. AND, it's only $1.99! We sat and discussed our plan of attack for the next couple of hours….

and this is where I leave you (just remembered I have somewhere to be in 75 minutes … ooops!)

Thanks again for reading!!

UP NEXT: More shenanigans!

That is pretty cool how you can just be dropped off and walk to the parks like that... definitely would be a long walk to Magic Kingdom if you just got dropped off at the edge of the WDW property ;)

I don't even want to think about that! haha. Seeing DL gives you a real perspective on why Walt wanted all the land in Florida.

Cool that you got a Mickey ticket! Were they all modified for the 60th anniversary or only the Mickey ones?
I think they were probably all modified but I'm not 100% on that!

haven't seen Jurassic World yet but did see Tomorrowland and enjoyed it quite a bit (finishing up the prequel book right now - probably would have been good to finish it before seeing the movie, but oh well)

I didn't even know there was a prequel book, I'll have to check that out. What's it called?

I think it is the new form of the DIS boards that saved your draft ... I found I've been saved by that a couple of times as well! :thumbsup2
I love technology!
Ahhhhh paper FPs!!! :lovestruc
I know. Swoon. Speaking of paper FP's, I'm writing myself a reminder here to not forget something in my next chapter :)
I had to laugh though when I saw your "Fantasmic" one - something about seeing that word right alongside "Enter through Frontierland" is just SO strange to me!!! :rotfl2:
You know, I didn't even notice that until now, I guess because I don't think WDW Fantasmic ever had paper FPs? How funny!
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Indy!!! I think I went on that like 18 million times when I was at DL 5 years ago :thumbsup2
It's wonderful and I'm always convince the boulder is going to fall on our jeep.
Oh my goodness on the scantron test! I didn't even know they still made those things! :faint: HAHA!
They are real, and they are not spectacular.
Awww, I miss Jack Bauer too. My typical television shows are comedies, though I haven't had cable in eons so my tv watching consists of mostly Hulu and Netflix if at all. My favorite is probably Modern Family. What about you?
I love comedies as well so Modern Family is up there for me as well. :) Mostly comedies and dramas ... LOST, Friday Night Lights, Breaking Bad, Big Bang Theory, Parks and Rec - if it makes me laugh I love it!

First, wanted to let you know the Tomorrowland prequel book is called Before Tomorrowland and covers a lot more about Plus Ultra and the members and what they were trying to do. It's petty cool.

As someone who pictures Star War characters in MGM (also sorry not sorry) it seems odd but also cool to see the out in Tomirrowland.

I'll have to remember the single rider pass for Matterhorn as I was to check it out but not sure about others in my group. Do you get them from CMs at from of line?

Congrats on getting to a bucket list concert!

First, wanted to let you know the Tomorrowland prequel book is called Before Tomorrowland and covers a lot more about Plus Ultra and the members and what they were trying to do. It's petty cool.
Thanks! I just looked it up on Amazon and apparently the Kindle version is free? Score!
As someone who pictures Star War characters in MGM (also sorry not sorry) it seems odd but also cool to see the out in Tomirrowland.
It was so funny. I just turned the corner of the Astro Orbiters and I nearly ran into him! haha

Star Tours at Disneyland (or how you look at it, in the parks in general) is a bit of an anomaly. Star Tours at MGM is one of few attractions in the park, and usually when I go the queues are no longer than 30 minutes. Star Tours at Disneyland (and to some extent, Tokyo Disneyland) are in Tomorrowland, with much more attractions to spread out the guests, and waits are usually 30 minutes plus or more.

I'll have to remember the single rider pass for Matterhorn as I was to check it out but not sure about others in my group. Do you get them from CMs at from of line?
Yes, there's usually a CM standing at the entrance of the ride and ask for single rider pass. It's the same process for Indiana Jones. Splash Mountain offers it as well, but I don't think you need a ticket.
Congrats on getting to a bucket list concert!
Thanks, it was an amazing show!

Enjoying your Disneyland TR! I've been to WDW many times but after visiting DL, it might be my new favorite :) Looking forward to reading about the rest of your day.

Just found your trip report and look forward to reading it all when I get home from work today! I grew up going to DL and was just there with my family again in January. Wish we could have seen all of the special Diamond celebration stuff too!

Enjoying your Disneyland TR! I've been to WDW many times but after visiting DL, it might be my new favorite :) Looking forward to reading about the rest of your day.

This phrase gets thrown around a lot, especially on this site, but it really is a magical place! My WDW trips these days are usually the long weekend variety, and DLR is much better suited for that. Just wish it wasn't so far away! Thanks for reading!

Just found your trip report and look forward to reading it all when I get home from work today! I grew up going to DL and was just there with my family again in January. Wish we could have seen all of the special Diamond celebration stuff too!

Thanks for reading! I wish I had more then one day to report on!

Hello friends! I hope you all had a nice week, and your weekend is treating you well.

Before I start Chapter 5, I have something to share for all of those that thought so highly of the paper fastpasses at WDW before they were taken from us (for the record, I am a fan of FP+ as well :)).

20150627_144314.jpg

My trip in November 2013 was during the "hybrid" time when you had FP Legacy as well as FP+. Knowing that FP Legacy was more than likely on it's way out, I thought a good challenge would be to collect a FP for every attraction that I could and frame them! I tried to collect for every one available but I forgot Mickey and the Princesses. I'm now just trying to figure out where to hang it in my house!

Moving on ....

CHAPTER 5

When we last left our heroes, they were relaxing at the Jolly Holiday Bakery. After devouring delicious Matterhorn Macaroons, we decided it was time to set sail.

20150526_103453.jpg

Yes, that is the queue, before noon.

It was time to get our Pirate on! The sign here says 15 minutes which is around the time we waited. As you can see in the picture most of the queue for Pirates in DL is outside while WDW is all inside. In fact, this could be said for a lot of queues comparing the two - WDW needed more inside queues because of the frequent rain in Florida as well as having the blessing of size. The size aspect also shows up once you realize that not many attractions do not have a gift shop attached! :rotfl2:

Although the Pirates queue in WDW is much better, the ride is clearly better in DL. I want to say it has 4 or 5 extra scenes. While we were in the queue, a door opened from Royal Street Veranda (a food stand) and I saw this information ...

20150526_104653.jpg

I felt like i was looking at something I shouldn't even though it was all times of things that I already knew! :rotfl:

Before we knew it, we were inside and riding!

20150526_104747.jpg

After Pirates, we started our walk over to Splash Mountain which would take us through New Orleans Square. I love New Orleans Square, it's a great corner of the park to relax and get some food. We walked by the Jazz band and stopped to enjoy the music for a little bit.

20150526_111336.jpg

20150526_111420.jpg

New Orleans Square faces this river above (I think it's the Rivers of America - please don't scold me if I'm wrong), which is where Fantasmic! is held. We will be back here later on!

We found our way to Splash Mountain with about an hour wait. But, here's a nice tip: Splash Mountain in Disneyland has Single Rider. So we entered through the exit of the ride, and within ten minutes we were logging.

20150526_113005.jpg

20150526_113426.jpg

I feel like Splash at DL is a little bit shorter, but I don't think it takes away from the ride or scenes, I just think it takes longer to set them up at WDW. they are pretty similar in story so I can't really say I have a preference. OH! DL Splash does not have the drop down bars in the logs; I guess only WDW has issues with kids getting out of the logs while on the ride :rotfl2:

After our plunge into the laughing place, we headed back towards New Orleans Square to visit my favorite Disney Antebellum home - the Haunted Mansion. Yes, it's an Antebellum themed mansion here since we are in New Orleans Square. I think it looks great and obviously fits in well with the New Orleans Square theme.

DSCF0844.JPG

Thanks, Theme Park Insider, for the picture.

The wait was 45 minutes if I remember correctly, and this was a MUST DO (I miss Stacy) because of the visiting Hat Box Ghost to the Manor. Luckily FP Legacy was available. Now that I proofread this, we may have grabbed the FP before Splash Mountain .... but either way, we grabbed a FP. See below.

20150526_113655.jpg

At this point, we had been pretty much going non stop so I suggested we take a trip around the park on the Railroad. This would give us a break as well as kill time before our fastpass return time (the crowds were beginning to get heavy). There is a railroad station in New Orleans Square, which means it was convenient and, as I planner, I knew what I was doing. :)

So we boarded our train that took us on a scenic trip around Disneyland.

20150526_113807.jpg

20150526_115900.jpg

20150526_115959.jpg

20150526_120027.jpg

After circling our way back to New Orleans Square, it was time to visit the Happy Haunts.

20150526_120859.jpg

Haunted Mansion at DL is wonderful, just like the one in WDW. And it was awesome to see the Hat Box Ghost in action (sorry I don't have any pics).

If you like Nightmare Before Christmas, going to see Haunted Mansion Holiday between Halloween and Christmas is fantastic as well, in my opinion.

At this point, we had plans to meet another friend for lunch outside the park (gasp!), but he was coming back with us for the rest of the evening. We exited the turnstiles, and then went into World of Disney (downtown disney is right in front of the parks so within walking distance) to do some shopping. I wanted to check out some Diamond souvenirs, and below is what I left with ...

20150527_090024.jpg

A 60th anniversary t shirt as well as a mr toads wild ride t shirt! Mr Toad was one of my favorites on my first trip to WDW. It's still open at DL but (spoiler alert) I didn't make it this trip. :( But, that's OK! :) I also bought a Christmas ornament for my mom, we always get Christmas ornaments to remember our trips by.

We took an Uber to a Greek place a couple of miles away from the park which was really yummy. We met up with Matt, then grabbed some coffees and made our way back to the Resort. We parked (Mickey and friends lot), took the tram back in, and as we were walking in it was around 3pm and the crowds were insane!

To be continued!

Thanks again for reading!

love the FP ticket collection/framing - I (*gasp*) like FP+ but also love Disney history so displays like that are really cool to me. great job!

Taking a ride on the train is definitely on the agenda for us.

Really excited that they brought the Hat Box Ghost back!

love the FP ticket collection/framing - I (*gasp*) like FP+ but also love Disney history so displays like that are really cool to me. great job!
Thanks! I really liked how it turned out. I miss them, mainly because they were more beneficial then the system now. But I do like not having to run around the parks to get them!
Taking a ride on the train is definitely on the agenda for us.
It's something I always want to do more of in Magic Kingdom.
Really excited that they brought the Hat Box Ghost back!
It was really cool to see.

I LOVE that Legacy paper FP collection....hmmmm....you are close enough to me...I could hunt you down....I have the perfect spot for it in my office, LOL!

Great update too!

Lynn

I LOVE that Legacy paper FP collection....hmmmm....you are close enough to me...I could hunt you down....I have the perfect spot for it in my office, LOL!

Thanks, Lynn. I can't let you have that, but may I interest you in 203497503980435 old, crinkled park maps and time guides? I have those as well

Great update too!

Thanks! I think it's going well. I'll definitely write on my next trip!

Hi friends! I hope you have a safe and enjoyable 4th (and for any of my non USA readers - I hope you have a great weekend)!

CHAPTER 6

My party had increased by one, but the crowds in the park seemed to grow by about 100,000. This didn't surprise me, the first few days of summer break, the 60th celebration was only a few days old, it was the middle of the day, and locals were just beginning to get off work. I knew touring would not be as smooth as earlier in the day, but that's OK! After wandering up Main Street and taking a look at the Times Guide (remember, no app to tell us what the waits were like), I thought it was time to "take it slow" and check out some shows. We decided to make our way to Toontown for Mickey and the Magical Map!

20150526_154306.jpg

20150526_154916.jpg

20150526_155336.jpg

20150526_155435.jpg

This is a fun show show that showcases different song and dances from movies such as Jungle Book, Tangled, Mulan, Little Mermaid, Princess and the Frog, Lilo and Stitch, and maybe others that I don't quite remember. It's worth watching, especially if you're in the area and need a rest! Oh, and if you want to see the show now ...

Here's a video that Inside the Magic has uploaded on their YouTube channel.

Once the show let out, we basically walked around because... we were not sure what to do haha. I think Disneyland may seem more busy than it is because a lot of the queues spill out to the outside and are visible. Every where we looked there were lines. At this point, I think we were walking through Fantasyland and everything was 30+ minutes, which is longer than any of us wanted to wait for the classic dark rides.

20150526_161803.jpg

My usual WDW touring style is rope drop, stay till about 2 or 3 --> back to the resort for relaxing and a nap --> back to the park for dinner OR dinner then park, and stay till closing time. So I was a bit out of my element in the park in the high crowd time. Matt (our friend that met us for lunch) wanted to ride Indy, so we decided to go back to the single ride line. We also noticed a good amount of rides were shut down ...

20150526_163115.jpg

Apologize for the blurry picture; apparently I also took a picture of the Spanish side. See, my trip report is also educational ... :rotfl2:

We made our way through the exit and winded back through the queue to the spot where we connect with the regular queue. There were not many single riders in front of us, but before we were let on through to the "video room" the ride broke down. We waited a few minutes until a very nice CM came and told everyone that the ride has broken down, and they did not know when it would be working again. We had the option of leaving or staying, and since we were out of the sun and inside with AC we decided to stay and chat with the CM.

She was very nice, we talked to her about why she worked for Disney, what she wanted to do with her future, etc. I mentioned a lot of rides seemed to be breaking down and she told us it was more than likely because of the selfie sticks. People are using them on the rides, and per Disney safety protocol they have to be treated as a limb outside the vehicle if they are out. This CM said that they usually stop the ride, tell the riders over the intercom not to use them (she even said sometimes "calling them out specifically" :rotfl:) and if it takes three warnings then they have to fully stop the ride, evacuate everyone, and start the ride back up and go through the safety procedures. I asked her how often this happened and she claimed 80% of the ride shut downs were because of this. Needless to say, we were all pretty shocked (I can't find a smiley that best represented my face at the moment ...). It made me sad that irresponsible users are ruining the experience for everyone. BUT, if you didn't hear, Disney banned selfie sticks from their parks all together as of June 30th!!

We kept chatting, the ride came back up, then shut down again, then came back up ... and we finally rode Indiana Jones again.

After Indiana Jones, we walked over to Splash Mountain to take advantage of Single Rider. Greg and I were put in the same log, which lead to this ...

20150526_174349.jpg

Crowds were still everywhere and not calming down, so we evaluated what we wanted to do. I voted for taking a ride on the Monorail, because I had not done that in Disneyland yet and that seemed sacrilegious. So we walked over to Tomorrowland .... yes, you read that right, Tomorrowland.

In Disneyland, the Monorail connects in Tomorrowland and loops to Downtown Disney. We did not want to get off in DtD, so we just planned to take the loop around.

20150526_180435.jpg

20150526_182617.jpg

Really liked this shot from the Monorail queue.

20150526_183337.jpg

20150526_184453.jpg

from the exit of the monorail, passing Nemo's Submarine Voyage.

At this point, we were all hungry but nothing I was thinking of sounded that appealing. Matt is a fan of the Disneyland corn dogs, and since I've never been one to say no to a corn dog, we got in this line.

20150526_185040.jpg

See the red and yellow tent? That's where you order :rotfl2: Even the corn dog queues are long here! This was on the outskirts of the hub, so Matt and Greg went to Casey's (same location as in Magic Kingdom) to grab jalapeno cream cheese pretzels because we were already hungry. Once they got back, I had a bite, and I then decided i needed one! :thumbsup2

We eventually got to the front of the queue.
20150526_191919.jpg

It was pretty tasty.

UP NEXT: Diamonds!

Thanks for reading!

Hi friends! I hope everyone had a great 4th of July! If you're wanting to miss Disneyland Forever or Paint the Night spoilers, then I would suggest skipping this post. I don't have any Disneyland Forever pictures, and I have a few Paint the Night parade pictures. But I will discuss them both!

CHAPTER 7

After we finished off our corn dogs it was getting close to time for us to report to the Fantasmic viewing that we received with our "fast pass". I quote fast pass because we still have to wait 45 minutes in the sitting area before the show starts :rotfl2:

There were no chairs, so it was ground seating. At MGM, you have stadium seating but at Disneyland it's around a river which is not as comfortable but you're much closer to the show. We passed the time by talking to families around us and playing "heads up" (a party game on your phone where you put your phone on your forehead, and there is a noun that people see and you are trying to guess it). It was a great game to pass the time.

I apologize for not having any pictures from Fantasmic, but I prefer not to shoot video or take pictures during the night time shows.

I prefer the Fantasmic at DL over the one at WDW, for the main reason there is a Peter Pan/Captain Hook/pirate on a ship scene that sails through the river in the middle of the show as opposed to the Pocahontas story line in the WDW version. It's really cool to be a lot closer as well. Also, Maleificant's Dragon is much more impressive at Disneyland.

But don't take my word for it, view it for yourself.

Thanks to MoneySavingVideos on youtube for the upload!

After the show, we didn't have a long time to go before Disneyland Forever started - so we stayed put.

The show started and projections were used on the Fantastic stage which were nice! We were also able to see the "main" fireworks being set off from behind Sleeping Beauty's castle.

Remember when the CM told me it would be the exact same as seeing it on Main Street/hub? I was skeptical, and my gut feeling was right. From what I've watched online of the show, the show is best viewed from Main Street. HOWEVER, I do understand that if I left Fantasmic and tried to make it to Main Street for the fireworks ... it never would have worked out because of the crowds. So it was best that I stayed where I was and still see a great show!

Here's a video that shows my vantage point from the Fantasmic viewing area.

Thanks to AllEars.net for the upload!

And here's a link to the view on Main Street.

Thanks to Inside the Magic for the upload!

In a perfect world, when I visit Disneyland and had two nights at that park - one night I would stake out Disneyland Forever on Main Street and fast pass Fantastic viewing on another night.

OR, I'd also like to have seen how my original plan would have worked out but I guess we will never know!

We had some time to kill before lining up for Paint The Night, so we made our way to Frontierland? Is there anything better then riding Big Thunder at night? I don't think so.

IMG_1753.jpg

This picture makes me laugh every time I see it. It looks like I am upset I can't bring my selfie stick on the ride - when I was trying to portray the opposite. :rotfl2:

20150526_221539.jpg

We were put in row 1 (I prefer the back, but this works too)!

After the ride, we were on our way to Main Street - but had an important detour to make.

20150526_222640.jpg

Here's a Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Torch....

20150526_223307.jpg

Dole Whip time!! It had been at least a couple of years since I've had one (my past few visits to WDW I've skipped out for one reason or another). It was good to be reunited with an old friend.

We got settled in a nice spot on the hub and it wasn't crowded at all. It was nice to not be in shoulder to shoulder people for the first time in a few hours!

I looked to the left

20150526_224451.jpg

I looked to the right

20150526_225956.jpg

We were also in front of the Jolly Holiday Bakery, so we took this opportunity to grab more Matterhorn Macaroons. Noms.

Before we know it, the parade did start and I did get pictures of this!

20150526_231953.jpg

20150526_232022.jpg

20150526_232216.jpg

20150526_232606.jpg

20150526_233206.jpg

Not the greatest pictures, and I certainly didn't get pictures of all the floats, but it was a lot of fun and a great "modern" electrical parade. I like how they kept the Electrical Parade Melody theme in the soundtrack along (the MSEP theme takes me back :))

But don't take my word for it, watch it for yourself!

UP NEXT: We close down Disneyland!

Thanks for reading!

Jumping in here, but oh how I love the fast pass art piece. Such a cool idea. Going to try that when I'm out there in September.

Jumping in here, but oh how I love the fast pass art piece. Such a cool idea. Going to try that when I'm out there in September.

Hi katwisc ... welcome! You should definitively collect a few FP's and do something to this extent! I never even thought about doing the same for DL, great thinking! Tokyo would be another good one, but those FP's are too valuable ... :)

Thanks for reading!

CHAPTER 7: The End (for now)

When we last left our heroes, we were just finishing the Paint the Night parade. When the parade ended, we were in the middle of the hub trying to decide how to spent the last 30 minutes or so of our visit. The crowds had died down somewhat (I think I remember it being a grad night so lots of high school kids still out), so we decided to hop aboard Space Mountain again for what would be our last ride of the evening. The wait time was 20 minutes, and it took maybe 15 minutes or so to walk through the queue. So one last ride means one last ride picture …

20150527_000833.jpg

Since it was nearly 2 AM my time, I was clearly tired from a full day at the park!

Once we landed back in Tomorrowland, we began to make our way to the exits – but not in too much of a hurry. As tired as we were, none of us really wanted to leave. So, we went to the partners statue and snapped pictures as we sadly walked out of the park.
20150527_001207.jpg

20150527_001356.jpg

20150527_002346.jpg

We hopped on the trams (which were not as crowded at all), got to the Mickey and Friends Parking Garage, and in about 25 minutes I was laying in bed about to fall asleep.

FINAL THOUGHTS

It was an incredible day at Disneyland! It wasn’t perfect (wasn’t expecting that of course), the crowds really slowed us down most of the day with the exception of the first few hours of the day. But that’s OK – it was expected with the Diamond celebration just starting, as well as the “summer season” just kicking off. Any day at Disney sure beats most days anywhere else, that’s for sure!

I’m not sure when I will be able to make it back to Disneyland. In 2013, I went to the D23 convention which was at the Anaheim Convention Center (a stone’s throw away from DLR) which was a lot of fun. It’s going on again this year, but I’m busy at work so I don’t think I’ll be able to take the required days off. Which is disappointing because I’d love to see what they have planned for Star Wars and the Hollywood Studios reboot (rumored to be announced then :)). Of course, I don’t really need a reason to visit So Cal again, so next time I make my way out there I’ll make sure to get at least two DL days in. :)

As far as my next Disney trip … everything is looking like a GO for a trip to WDW in early November! It appears that my dates will be the evening of November 5th through November 9th; I’m excited to get back to WDW and see the new hub, among old favorites. I’ll be there with some close friends of mine and their family so it will be a nice mix between solo and with them.. I may have to put together my first ever Pre Trip report!

I also have a cousin that will be spending some extended time in the Central Florida early next year so I’ll probably go then as well because not much beats a free place to stay :). So coming up in the fall I’ll have to do the math and determine if it makes sense to get an Annual Pass (doesn’t it always make sense to get an annual pass? :)).

Of course, I also have my Universal Annual Pass that expires in late September that I’d ideally like to get more use out of, but I’m not sure if I’ll be able to swing that (unfortunately it expires before Halloween Horror Nights .. :()

Thank you so much for reading! As I’ve mentioned before, this was my first trip report and I’ve enjoyed writing it! I think for my next report I need to take better notes, and not write chapters late at night because I feel like I may have missed out on details here and there. Plus my proofreading skills take a dive late at night as well.

If you read my report, feel free to comment and say hello! I need to read some of your reports that have read mine … so if you commented and have an active TR – expect to see me comment in there soon!

Thanks again my friends … and see you soon!

Just binge read your trip report! Really enjoyed it. Sadly, we haven't taken a trip to Disneyland yet but hope to within the next couple years.

Great pictures of Paint the Night. Hoping this comes to DW soon.

The castle looks incredible for the 60th anniversary. The new merchandise alone makes me regret not taking a trip there this year!

Just binge read your trip report! Really enjoyed it. Sadly, we haven't taken a trip to Disneyland yet but hope to within the next couple years.

Great pictures of Paint the Night. Hoping this comes to DW soon.

The castle looks incredible for the 60th anniversary. The new merchandise alone makes me regret not taking a trip there this year!

Thanks for reading, and I'm glad you enjoyed it.

I imagine that since it's a short report, it's a good length for a binge reading!

I know the 60th celebration will last into next year, and then who knows, they may keep on Disneyland Forever and Paint the Night after that (I'm betting they would).

I enjoyed reading about DLR since I have never been there (and your comparisons to WDW). Please start a PTR! It helps build the excitement over a trip. I am ready to start a new PTR, but at 450 or so days out, I think it is a bit early for me...although I have been doing some planning already! LOL!

Thanks for sharing!

Lynn

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter