Johnny Depp to Play Mad Hatter in new Alice in Wonderland!!

Oh that sounds amazing! I love Alice in Wonderland and I think Depp will be amazing as the Mad Hatter.

A 4th Pirates? Wasn't 3 enough? They should have stopped at 1.

Caught him in Chocolat the other night also (from a few years ago). I will go see anything he is in - and I am sure Alice in Wonderland will be great.

Linda

I love "Alice in Wonderland", so this will be great! I'm sure with Tim Burton directing it's bound to have an interesting spin! :)

Like I said in another thread about my man Johnny....I would watch him stand on an empty stage and read the constitution for 2 hours straight. I :lovestruc him. I will definetly be seeing this- can't wait!

As crazy as that character can be I can't wait to see how Johnny portrays him. Considering it is Burton's movie though I sure hope the whole movie isn't "dark" with the usual odd Burton style.

I actually thought Charlie and the Chocolate Factory was less freaky than the original one with Gene Wilder as Willy Wonka.

Alice in Wonderland has some pretty freaky things so I'm betting it will be a bit weird. I'm a fan of Tim Burton though so I am looking forward to it. Although I am not a fan of 3d movies.

I'll have to wait to decide if my kids can see it though.

It should have a dark tone to it, as should Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, both books have dark undertones.

Like I said in another thread about my man Johnny....I would watch him stand on an empty stage and read the constitution for 2 hours straight. I :lovestruc him. I will definetly be seeing this- can't wait!

:lmao: I have to agree with you. He seems like such a great guy. As opposed to the usual self-important Hollywood types. (cough,Tom, cough, Cruise....whachoooBrad Pitt)

Frankly, I don't really care about Johnny's being in the movie.

What I do care is that the one and only MATT LUCAS is going to play Tweedledum and Tweedledum.

It's still rumoured, though. But if it's confirmed, I'd die and go to Little Britain heaven and have a tea party with Vicky Pollard and Marjorie Dawes.

(anyone here watches Little Britain, btw?)

Another thing. I'm mighty glad Evan Rachel Wood didn't get the part as Alice. To me, she lost her appeal when she's started trying to be controversial. That Mia Wasikowska girl seemed genuine and unique enough. Although it bothers me that Alice's going to be portrayed as a teen, not a kid.

If it's just up to Disney, I bet they'd just cast Miley Cyrus in a blonde wig (a.k.a. Hannah Montana).

:cool1: Johnny! Johnny! :lovestruc

A spring 2010 release will be perfect for us...our kids are doing an Alice dance recital in May and dd will do the Alice tea party on our June trip.

As crazy as that character can be I can't wait to see how Johnny portrays him. Considering it is Burton's movie though I sure hope the whole movie isn't "dark" with the usual odd Burton style.

I agree, I'm not a Tim Burton fan. He's too unWalt for me.

I agree, I'm not a Tim Burton fan. He's too unWalt for me.

Funny, my grandmother wouldn't let my mom see some of the Disney movies like Sleeping Beauty because they were too "dark and scary"

Tim Burton is definitely odd, and whether he's your cup of tea or not, you can't deny he has quite the imagination which I think Walt Disney might have respected.

Funny, my grandmother wouldn't let my mom see some of the Disney movies like Sleeping Beauty because they were too "dark and scary"

Tim Burton is definitely odd, and whether he's your cup of tea or not, you can't deny he has quite the imagination which I think Walt Disney might have respected.

100% agree, I think Burton has an amazing imagination, for sure something that Walt respected. I think Burton is very Disney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter