• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Johnny and the Sprites Show @ MGM

Tnkrbelle565

DIS Veteran
Do we need tickets for these performances? Anyone know when/where to get the tickets?

And is there any other adults who are shamefully looking forward to his performance? (really...I'm an Avenue Q fan!)

I have no idea about the tickets. We won't be down there any time soon.

But I think he is absolutely adorable. :love:

For some of the other shows there are threads about having to line up for tickets for a show later in the day. So quite possibly you do.

My girls get a kick out of them--but no Disney plans in our future at this time.

When we were visiting the Little Einsteins a CM came up to us and gave us a couple of avaliable times for the Mickey Magic Show. They circled the time and gave us a ticket. There was a table set up there too i think. With that being said I think there are stations set up where the performance will be so I would contact MGM and ask where the show will be and ask them if that is where to get tickets. Good Luck!

Ok I'm going to ask a really REALLY stupid question...who is/are Johnny and the Sprites? I have a 2 year old who is obsessed enough with Elmo and my beloved Winnie the Pooh and have been fortunate enough to avoid the Wiggles and Doodlebops since I can do without additional obsessions. I have heard of them and they appear annoying though I know kids love them. A friend had to sit through a Wiggles concert this week with her 4 and 2 yr old who are Wiggle obsessed. I'm not sure I could have handled that. ;) But we will be at MGM on Sunday September 3rd and I understand that Johnny and the Sprites will be there. So tell the truth, do kids love him/them? How annoying? Will MGM be chaos? Please help me prepare to partake or avoid. Since I don't know who they are and neither does DS would I want to avoid? And to be honest I definitely would want to avoid the Wiggles if that says anything. TIA

Let me try to explain...Johnny is a human character and the sprites are two...sprites, fairies (whatever you'd like to call them) puppets. Storyline is that Johnny moved to a little house in the woods to work on music and discovered the property to be inhabited by 2 sprites. It's on Playhouse Disney in the morning. There is a little story (with some kind of lesson) and a song. It's one of those 10 minutes segments between actual shows on Playhouse Disney. DD(2) loves him. And he's not too bad on the eyes which can make him a treat for mommys! Johnny himself was nominated for a Tony (if anyone follows Broadway musicals) for Avenue Q.

Living in New York and actually getting to see Avenue Q, I am more excited than my daughter to see Johhny & the Sprites when we go to Disney next week. :Pinkbounc We, Im sure, with about a million other people, are going right between Johnny & the Wiggles perform (Aug. 29th-Sept. 5th) and coming home the day before she starts kindergarden. I didnt want to go to MGM this many times, but we are hoping to get there in time to get a ticket to see the 1st morning show. Do they hand the tickets out right before the show?? Or do you have to come an hour earlier?? I was also wondering if it was the ACTUAL performers, since my girlfriend just shelled out $60 :furious: to see the Wiggles in concert at Madison Square Garden and we are seeing them for free?? Sounds so surreal. Anyway, if anyone has already gone to one of these shows, and knows how they are working it please let me know. And if you are lucky to go at this time, Don't miss it! He is too funny! :rotfl:

I am personally very excited to see Johnny and the Sprites at MGM!

My husband and I went to Las Vegas in December and we saw Avenue Q with Johnny.....my 2 year old daughter tells everyone that Mommy saw Johnny in Las Vegas!

I read on one of the pages that there are two ticket locations and they will be available each day at park opening. I think there were about 4 different shows each day

We will be there for Johnny and the Sprites as well and I am looking forward to it too. I think we might try in go in the middle of the week. I am hoping it won't be so crazy. Though we are eatting a the new play n' dine on the second. If we can score tickets to the 11:15 show, that would be awesome too.

Here is the concert info I got from off the Forums Homepage in the Update section.

PLAYHOUSE DISNEY IN CONCERT

UPDATE: Tickets for this event will be distributed on a first come, first serve basis when Disney MGM Studio's opens the day of the performance. They are given out at both the concert site and at the Lights, Motor, Action theatre.

The schedule is:

September 2 - 10: Johnny & the Sprites - ABC Theater
10:00, 11:15, 1:15, 2:30

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter